OtakuBoards

What are You Watching/Reading Now?

2010DigitalBoy

I've been watching a little bit of this and that lately. Mainly 1st episoders, but I think there's a couple of series where I've seen more than two episodes.

[b]Scrapped Princess[/b] - I've been enjoying this one quite a bit. I'm currently waiting for the next two to three episodes on demand. Shannon, Raquel, and Chris are quite the characters. Actually, I haven't seen a character that I hated yet. Everyone has their quirks and whatnot, but those three stand out the most at the moment.

[b]Darker than Black[/b] - Honestly, I'm not seeing what's so special about this one. I've only seen the first two episodes, but still. Maybe I'd have a different opinon if I were to see it in english.

[b]Flame of Recca[/b] - Ugh... While the fighting is/can be good, that dub is horrible, lol. I think I'd stick with the manga on this one. I couldn't get pass the 4th episode.

1st episoders only

[b]Devil May Cry[/b] - Disappointed in the action department. But animation was hot. Need to see the dub.

[b]Moribito[/b] - I saw the 1st episode last saturday. I may actually buy the dvd's to this one.

[b]Fate/Stay Night[/b] - I've been getting a bit of recommendations for this one, but reading mixed views, mainly because the main character can be annoying. I liked the fighting, and the animation is pretty good.

[b]Black Cat[/b] - This one looks pretty interesting. I may look more into this one, too.

[size=1]900th post for me ^_^[/size]

I finally got the time to start a new series: [B]Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion[/B] I've only seen the first couple of episodes so far. Just enough to catch my interest, but not enough to determine if I'm going to really like it or not.

As for reading, I've been following [B]Tsubasa[/B] and [B]xxxHolic[/B]. Both of which are excellent and have been added to my list of series to actually purchase. It's not often I find a manga that I'd actually buy.

I might as well keep up with this thread, too. :p

Aside from all the fall anime, I am watching [b]Code Geass R2[/b], [b]X[/b] and [b]Yami no Matsuei[/b]. I think now that I have had an extended break from everything [b]Code Geass[/b], I am enjoying R2 a lot more than when I first tried watching it (I got four episodes in and decided to drop it). The series is definitely not perfect -- it is so hilariously goofy in many ways lol -- but that is part of its charm for me. Mostly what I am watching for is the same reason I watched the first season: For loads of insane plot twists. Bring 'em on, I say!

[b]Yami no Matsuei[/b] I am not really sure how to judge at the moment. It is just really strange so far. Probably does not help that I only half paid attention to ep3, haha.

I am enjoying [b]X[/b] thus far, although I think the main character, Kamui, is kind of a dick (though a bit less of a dick after ep6). My favorite character right now is Sorata; I like his playfulness and the strength with which he faces his fate. He also had a kickass skirmish with Yuto. My biggest problem with the series so far is that the music is hilariously over the top at times. Not every conversation is epic, X. My God.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I've recently been watching [B]Nadia and the Secret of Blue Water.[/B] It's an interesting little show. I like how it's set up and all the [B]20,000 Leagues Under the Sea[/B] stuff is making me want to actually read the book. I have to give them credit for jumping into a plot so fast, seeing as how [spoiler]The villains are in possession of a super doomsday device before the tenth episode of a 39 episode series.[/spoiler]

While waiting for the new episodes of that one to load, I've been catching up on [B]xxxHolic[/B] because it's connected to Tsubasa and has copious amounts of Yuuko, which is like the best good thing to have too much of ever.

And it may not count, but I'm also reading the [B]Haruhi Suzumiya[/B] light novels at the moment. I found a translation of all 8 zipped in an Adobe Acrobat document and it rawks.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, I'm watching several things now, most of which are fall anime. This my first season being a real fansub downloader and keeping track with a series as it airs in Japan. Go me!

[b]Chaos;Head[/b] - Dagger's fanspazzing about the game prompted me [and a few others] to check out the anime adaptation, and I've not been let down yet. We're about halfway through, and I'm starting to develop some theories about what's going on [but I will keep them mum for now at the risk of being proven wrong and being humiliated]. Unsure on a favorite character yet, although I can safely say I despise Takumi. Ick. I hope the girls gang up on him and slaughter him.

[b]Toradora![/b] - Wasn't sure about this series at all at first, especially after watching episode 1, I was severely let down, and was about to drop it. But I kept on with it, and now I rather like it. Taiga's interactions with her crush are awesome, Minorin is awesome as well [although she's the kind of person I'd want a break from every once in awhile]. And I currently want to punch Ami in the face.

[b]Tales of the Abyss[/b] - Uh, duh? Being a huge fan of the original game, I had to check this out. It's been a very faithful adaptation of the game so far, with only two differences to note. [spoiler]The new one being that there wasn't the scene with the little boy dying in the miasma in Akzeriuth. While that wasn't all that important to the plot, it was definitely a WTF OMG WAH moment that kinda made the player realize the gravity of the situation.[/spoiler] One thing I do miss, though, is Kousuke Fujishima's artstyle. That's not to say the anime's style is bad, it's just I find the characters a thousand times more attractive in the original style. [But then again, I have fangirl bias...]

[b]Michiko to Hatchin[/b] - This, without a doubt, is my favorite series I have been watching this season. [Also my newest av/sig set at the time of writing]. While not directed by the infamous Shinichiro Watanabe [he is merely...music director, I think?], it's definitely got his influence, to the point of where I'm convinced he's some SUPA SEKRIT director, or that the director is just a pen name for Watanabe. >_> But that's a good thing, obviously. In any case, episode four just provided the series' first cliffhanger, making me absolutely beg for more.

Outside of fall anime, well, [b]Gurren Lagann[/b] ended last week on SciFi, so now I am greatly anticipating the [b]Gundam 00[/b] dub. I watched the first six or so episodes subbed, enjoyed them, but am holding off on that and watching the rest of it dubbed. And another non-fall anime is the infamous[?] [b]Code Geass R2[/b]. And yes, I'm watching it for the plot. If there is one, from what I've gathered.

And finally, at theO's weekly Anime Club, we will begin viewing [b]Library War[/b] and [b]Spice and Wolf[/b] this weekend, the latter of which I am very excited to see.[/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
Watching

[b]Moribito[/b] - I'm upset that I missed episodes 3 and 4 on adult swim. Mainly ep3. (That one had the fighting.) Hopefully it'll get put on demand. Anyway, ep5 was more or less, the same as ep 1 and 2. Detailed information and stuff. I'm still being impressed with the animation and whatnot.

[b]Bleach[/b] - I haven't watched Bleach in a long time, and decided to check out this filler episode on adult swim. While it was fairly entertaining, I can't help but wonder why was the "smartest" student (Uryu) so stupid in this episode? I don't know what's going on, I just know Ichigo had the upperhand, and then comes Uryu being stupid... Character makeover?

[b]Scrapped Princess[/b] - Up to ep 16. Saw this [spoiler]Furet[/spoiler] person and I have to say I like him now, and Shannon is kind of gettin on my nerves with some of this stuff he's complaining about. I still like him, but meh.

Edit: [size=1]Even though it's not anime, [b]Avatar: The Last Airbender[/b][/size]

Edit 2: Shocking. Funimation finally decided to go on demand... (YES!! Better anime selection later to come... Hopefully.) With that being said, I did check out the first 2 episodes of [b]Tsubasa: Resevoir (sp?) Chronicles[/b], and I have to say that it's gonna take a long time for me to get use to something like this again. Seeing how I haven't seen Code Geass in a long time. The way these characters look-- the lankiness of these characters is just weird. I will say that the background scenery and whatnot is colorful.

[SIZE="1"][b]Soul Eater[/b]

Someone recommended this to be a few months ago just after it started and for the life of me I just can't remember who it was. I started watching it last week out of curiousity and have enjoyed quite a lot so far, it's mostly a typical shounen show with plenty of action, speil about friendship and the like but enjoyable all the same. Favourite character so far has to be the awesome [spoiler]mad scientist/most powerful Meister alive Franken Stein[/spoiler] for pure comic relief and ***-kicking with that chair of his.[/SIZE]

Well I finished up [B]Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion[/B]. It wasn't my favorite, but I did enjoy it. I have the second season ready to go, but I'll probably wait until finals are done next week before I get around to watching it.

I also started watching [B]Tales of the Abyss[/B]. I've only seen five of the episodes so far, but I'm liking how well they're adapting this from a game into an anime.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Well I finished up [B]Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion[/B]. It wasn't my favorite, but I did enjoy it. I have the second season ready to go, but I'll probably wait until finals are done next week before I get around to watching it.[/QUOTE]

If you liked [b]Code Geass[/b], then might I suggest [b]Mobile Suit Gundam 00[/b]? [b]Gundam 00[/b] has all of [b]Geass[/b]' strengths (good action, prettiness and a crazy story), and also has a great cast of characters (don't know about you, but I couldn't stand, like, 90 percent of [b]Geass[/b]' characters by the end of the first season).

[quote name='Shinmaru']If you liked [b]Code Geass[/b], then might I suggest [b]Mobile Suit Gundam 00[/b]? [b]Gundam 00[/b] has all of [b]Geass[/b]' strengths (good action, prettiness and a crazy story), and also has a great cast of characters (don't know about you, but I couldn't stand, like, 90 percent of [b]Geass[/b]' characters by the end of the first season).[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Agreed, overall I prefer Code Geass as a series though the second season seemed to lose the overall plot about half-way through but Gundam 00 is certainly worth a look if you enjoyed Code Geass to a moderate degree. As Mike said there's plenty of action and drama with a good story and few enough of the characters will get on your nerves, that said I only disliked a few of CG's characters. [/SIZE]

Reading:

[B]Hana-Kimi[/B] - I love this series, right now I'm reading book 8 of Hana-Kimi. A lot of funny things happen in the story and some crazy (almost, but rarely or barely) yaoi stuff in the manga happen, I think. I like Mizuki, she can be adorable most of the time, but Nakatsu, man he is one funny person when he tries to love Mizuki even though he think he is still a guy. I hope that Izumi can love Mizuki even though that Mizuki still think Izumi think she is a guy.

[B]Eiken[/B] - This is a funny manga with lots of girls with big boobs and cuteness too. I don't have much saying to this manga other then guys (who like girls with big breast) will eventually like this series.

[quote name='Shinmaru]If you liked [b]Code Geass[/b], then might I suggest [b]Mobile Suit Gundam 00[/b]? [b]Gundam 00[/b] has all of [b]Geass[/b]' strengths (good action, prettiness and a crazy story), and also has a great cast of characters (don't know about you, but I couldn't stand, like, 90 percent of [b]Geass[/b']' characters by the end of the first season).[/quote]I'll certainly keep it in mind. I didn't get really attached to the characters in the story, but I never reached the point where I couldn't stand them either. However, I don't like it enough to ever consider re-watching it.

[quote name='TwistedChick'][B]Kurozuka[/B], though very keen on flashbacks, is intriguing me to no end. It's just coming out, and I've only seen the first 4 episodes, but it definitely caught my attention right away. The episodes don't drag, that's for certain. Tidge bloody, but what are you gonna do?[/QUOTE]

I've seen eight episodes of [b]Kurozuka[/b] so far, and I still think it is pretty good, but I think [spoiler]the move away from the ancient Japanese setting hurt it. The first couple of episodes after the time leap are still excellent action-wise, but I was not as entranced by the story as I was earlier in the series.[/spoiler] However, the series seems to be righting the ship now -- Kurou's relationship with Kuromitsu remains as fascinating as ever, and the action is still top-notch.

Reading

[b]Bleach[/b] - Snags here and there, but it's good to read through. [spoiler]There are only a couple of vice captains left that can fight, the rest of this should be captains vs arrancar. Unrevealed bankai's to come, hopefully.[/spoiler] Favorites characters are Byakuya, Ulquiorra and Kenpachi. (A lot more, but those are the top 3.)

[b]One Piece[/b] - Up to 101, and I'm glad that I've decided to give it a shot once more. I'm usually not into pirates, still not really, but this is really good. I'm more into the samurai and ninja theme, so I show a lot of bias-ness towards series like Bleach and Rurouni Kenshin. With that said though, this does beat out Naruto by a long shot. Favorite characters Zoro, Smoker and Sanji at the moment.

I gave up on Naruto as a whole. No more anime or manga. That series done slipped up big time. I'm thinking about re-reading Black Lagoon just to get back in the groove of everything seeing that there's a 3rd season and whatnot.

• 4 weeks later...
there is a Manga that i am into, it is called [COLOR="Red"]Rebirth[/COLOR] it is a really good one ^_^ I always want to know what will the characters come up with next.. The main character in the Manga, Deschwitat is my favorite character and there are a couple of hijynx here and there in the storyline. as for now i am trying to find a place where i can purchase more of the mangas for myself so that i can keep myself refreshed about the storyline..

As for animes i am watching right know i am into an anime called "Gundam 00" it is only on mondays for scifi's ani-mondays. it has a really good storyline to it, alot of action as so forth...that is probably the one that i am watching right now to date..

Watching.

Kamen no Maid Guy - I will leave no description as it will ruin the surprise.

Final Fantasy Legends of the Crystals- just started 2 minutes ago, tell you guys about it later.

Reading.

Chibi Vampire - Vampire Human Love story

HSD Kenichi - I want muscles like that

Negima - Harem type though he's only 10, why can't I be so lucky

Samurai Deeper Kyo - Samurai Action meets Super Overpowered crazy style fighting

Naruto - it never ends

I think thats it for now.

This week, I'm planning on watching most of the Hayao Miyazaki movies. Yesterday I saw Castle in the Sky and the day before, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

Today, I'm probably going to watch Lupin the 3rd: The Castle of Cagliostro.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well I'm supposed to be doing schoolwork, but that's kinda hard to do when the system's on hold from vacation and hasn't figured out I ordered a new class yet, isn't it?

Therefore, at the prodding of that lovable rogue of Moe, Shinmaru, I'm about to go on a [B]Minami-Ke: Okawari[/B] binge.

Skipping the opening each time, but the show itself should be worth it.[/FONT]

I am currently watching clannad and them im going to move onto clannad after story then black lagoon. I am reading the Deathnote manga because I got the collection for christmas and soon im getting welcome to the NHK volume 1 (welcome to the NHK anime was good).:animesmil

Currently I am reading [B]Hanazakari no Kimitachi e[/B] or better known as [B]Hana-Kimi [/B]for short. This series is getting good as I won't spoil the story much, so here is a breif summary about whats it about: [I]While living in the U.S., Mizuki Ashiya watches a program on TV featuring high jumper Izumi Sano. She becomes completely enamored with his grace and skill. When troubles with her classmates arise, Mizuki decides to chase Sano and enrolls in Osaka High, the all boys' school that Izumi attends in Japan. With the help of her best friend, she cuts her hair and disguises herself to remain near her idol.[/I]
Another series I'm also reading is [B]Pretty Face[/B], a funny series that involve a guy going through a transformation, which put him in a awkword position. Drawing is good, also the character too. Storyline so far is funny and I wanna know what happen more, but I'll wait until I get more books >.<.

Thats all I'm reading right now, so here is what I am watching right now. I am currently watching [B]Bleach[/B] right now because I want to catch up as soon as possible right now to my friend. I am currently at the part where [spoiler]Ichigo, Uryu, Chad, Renji, Rukia, Nel, Pesche, Dondochakka, and the big worm hollow thing are in the Forest of Menos. Things is that right now Rukia is separated from the rest of the group and is currently fighting a former shinigami right now, while Nel, Pesche, and Dondochakka are capture by a flying hollow. As to Ichigo and the rest of them, they are left fighting a bunch of hollows and some Meno Grande too.[/spoiler] This is the only series I'm watching for now.