OtakuBoards

Games You've Played for 100 Hours

Vigilance

For me, one I can actually say how much time I played, the other not s much since it didn't gave me a playtime, or at least I never saw it lol:

[B]Tekken 2[/B]: I would play for 4-5 hours everyday, for maybe a year, just be able to beat my buddies with every possible character.

[B]World of Warcraft[/B]: The most I've played a game period. I stopped watching anime, stopped playing console games, just because of raiding and PvPing (player vs. Player) while loggued on. Was one of the first few to have Tier 1, 2, 2.5, 3 and started my Tier 4 when I decided to quit a couple months ago. I basically devoted a good chunk of my free time to it. I regret it now that I don't play it anymore, because now I understand I was playing way too much, and it wasn't healthy. Last time I checked, I had like 300 hours played time, I dunno if it's a lot or not but it sure was a lot for me.

Most other games I've played, I've played for 70-80 hours on average. Halo 1 and 2, I would say I've played them for like 200 hours or so, including online play, which isn't that much I guess.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recent though it is, I'm pretty sure that [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b] is the only game I've spent over 100 hours on.

This is not because it's objectively better than the other RPGs I've loved. There are plenty of games that have left me thinking, "Oh, this is fun, I should try to do all the extra stuff while I'm at it." But usually the end of the main storyline is enough to satiate me, and I end up losing my desire to play.

I think Abyss is more accessible in some ways--travel is instantaneous (if you want it to be), the dungeons aren't dauntingly convoluted... it makes the prospect of jetting all over the globe to fetch things & talk to people & so forth somewhat more palatable.

There's also the fact that skits appear in response to optional mini-games, titles & locations, which means that character interaction continues even if you're just wandering around to kill time before the final battle. I guess for me, at least, that's a pretty big motivating factor.

~Dagger~

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]The [B]Final Fantasy[/B] series, [B]VII[/B] and [B]IX[/B] in particular since those are my favourites and I try to do everything in them.

[B]Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete[/B], pretty much the same as above. Great game with an awesome story that I like watching. And getting through some of the dungeons take a while.

[B]Zelda[/B] series.

[B]Pokemon Red[/B] because it was my first Pokemon game so I tried to catch all the pokemon that I could. Took me a long time.

[B]Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan![/B], [B]Elite Beat Agents[/B], and [B]Moero! Nekkitsu Rhythm Damashii!Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! 2[/B] - All three are rhythm games on DS Lite and I'm sure I've spent over 100 hours on each trying to either pass the levels or get S Ranks.

[B]Trauma Center[/B] can be extremely frustrating if you continually fail a stage and can't get past it to continue and finish the story.

Those are the first ones that come to mind, but there are probably others.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well I finally have a game that I've played for over 100 hours. And that would be [B]Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. [/B] I hit that this morning when I finished the second bonus dungeon for this game. It's got so much to do, from the main storyline to the three bonus dungeons, to all the different mini games. And then, to make it even more fun, you earn all sorts of different battle trophies to unlock two more levels of difficulty in which you can do everything all over again. I suspect that if I do everything this game has to offer on each level of difficulty, I'll end up putting in well over 300 hours on it before I'm done.

Oh and if you combine them together, you can say I've put in 100 hours for Zelda games. Not on just one individual game though. I have played some of them more than once, I've just never hit 100 hours for just one game. But together? I've played Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, so together that's well over 100 hours. In fact, I should pull out Twilight Princess and play it again since it's been a while since I beat the game. That and I never got around to beating the cave of ordeals. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh and if you combine them together, you can say I've put in 100 hours for Zelda games. Not on just one individual game though. I have played some of them more than once, I've just never hit 100 hours for just one game. But together? I've played Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, so together that's well over 100 hours. In fact, I should pull out Twilight Princess and play it again since it's been a while since I beat the game. That and I never got around to beating the cave of ordeals. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Cave of Ordeals isn't too bad, if you have a good strategy. I hear the second time is harder, though (I haven't gotten around to it, since I got slaughtered on that floor with 2 Ironknuckles on my first try.)

[color=darkred][b]Pokemon Red:[/b] When this was released on the GameBoy, nothing else mattered to me. I'd wake up and play the game all day, just leveling up my Pokemon, catching ones I didn't have, or catching ones that met specific criteria for trades with my Pokemon Blue buddies. I tell you, the amount of money I spent on batteries I could have bought a Wii, a PS3, and a 360 three times over. It was worth it in the end though; I was the undefeated champion in my area code. Same goes for Ruby and Fire Red.

[b]Final Fantasy VII:[/b] Not only has everyone played this game, but have played the living **** out of it lol. It didn't take me 100 hours to actually beat the game, but doing all the hidden stuff, leveling up, etc. Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't actually spent 100 hours on a single file... the most I've spent on one was around 80 hours, which has [i]everything[/i] done on it, also known as my master file, heh. Of course, counting all the hours I've played in each file since it's release nine years ago, it clocks well over 100 hours.

[b]Final Fantasy Tactics Advance:[/b] I think I got bored of this one just a few hours after reaching the 100 hours mark. But yeah, I did the usual. Acquiring new jobs, getting bonus characters. I'm still pretty upset about how I trapped myself into never being able to complete all 300 jobs though. I only got 283. :(

[b]Tekken 3, Tekken 4, Soul Calibur 2:[/b] These games were all the rage amongst me and my friends. Not much to say about them really. It was mostly time spent in versus mode kicking each other's butts.

[b]Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater:[/b] I reckon that only recently (like, the past month) I hit 100 hours because it's the only game I've been playing lately for some odd reason. I guess I just love the whole jungle environment and the many opportunities to get by without being seen. This is one of the games where I wasn't interested in getting everything, but just simply playing it.

I reckon there are a few more but I can't remember them for the life of me, so I'll leave it at that.[/color]

[size=1]Much like most here, I have quite a few games I've dedicated far more than 100 hours to. By far the highest amount of hours I've put into any one game is [B]Sonic 3[/B]. Basically, I had this for my seventh birthday (I'm now 20), and I've played it to death. Still play it now. Hardly a week or month goes by that I haven't picked it up. I estimate I've played it for more hours than my two-year-old nephew has been born.

Others include the [B]Resident Evil[/B] series, and that's not combined. Easily well more than 100 hours per game. Most recently 4. I loved that game so much that I bought for GC when it first came out and then the special edition on PS2 as well. I've completed it so many times and perfected the Mercs mini-game numerous times as well. I don't even want to go into the length of time I put into trying to unlock Hunk and Tofu in [B]Res 2[/B]. ¬_¬

I've played through the first two [B]Metal Gear Solid[/B]'s I don't know how many times too. I would still have a file facing off against the Hind on Extreme mode for [B]Twin Snakes[/B] if my damn memory card hadn't formatted. Really annoyed me that did. Trying to clock up similar hours on my newly purchased [B]MGS 3: Subsistence[/B].

[B]Final Fantasy VII[/B] and [B]VIII[/B] were played to death as well. I'm still yet to get round to beating Ruby and Emerald though. I'll have to sit and do that sometime soon.

There's plenty more since I'm the type of guy who literally plays my games to death when I get them. If they're that good, I'll normally do the whole thing over again and again not long after the first play through.[/size]

I've played my Pokemon Sapphire for approximately 555 hours. My Blue Rescue Team reached 225 hours. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, I'd say at least 150 of playtime. Nothing can compare to my Sapphire's playtime, at least, of what I played. If any team needs rescued, PM me the password. I'll do my best to rescue!

I've logged over 100 hours of time in many RPGs and fighters. Especially these few titles...

[B]Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal:[/B] These titles are the best Pokemon titles in the series in my opinion because this was before the Pokemon creators created some real oddball Pokemon (C'mon a pig mixed with a spring?) My party has remained the same throughout the game. Typhlosion, my heavy hitter (Earthquake for the win!) , Noctowl the primary catcher of the party, Scyther the secondary catcher of the party, Cloyster-the Dragon destroyer, Hitmontop- For those rare dark type users, and Wigglytuff-Just cause I said so.

[B]Final Fantasy 7:[/B] Granted this is with multiple playthroughs, but my file that I spent the most time on and consequently got the 100% completion rating with, has over 300 hours logged in on it. And the number is still growing because I continue to play it every now and then.

[B]Grandia 2[/B]: This game was a gem in the Dreamcast lineup in my honest opinion. The game had some tried and true RPG mechanics that made it endearing, but the game still had some original stuff that kept it from being too boring. I've logged 135 hours on it according to my VMU.

Now to the Fighters...
[B]
Power Stone:[/B] This game was just plain awesome. This was the second game that I got for the DC and my brother and I would play the crap out of it every day, for about 4 to 5 hours. We continued that cycle for about 4 years and to date, we have over 400 hours logged into the game. We used to hold Power Stone tournaments to take other people's money....er....see how we stacked up against the competition. I always won, but hey I'm the older brother....I'm supposed to win. I developed the Wangtang infinite combo. So back off. My brother had a solid Falcon. He was deadly if he could get you in the air when he had all his stones. That led to some pretty cheap victories.

[B]Capcom vs. SNK 2:[/B] I've logged in just under 200 hours on this one. It's one of those games that's new and exciting almost every time from the sheer amount of teams you can make and the different fighting styles you can choose from. I go with C-Groove Terry (ratio 1), Blanka (ratio 1) and Joe Higashi (Ratio 2). Some times I mix it up and use A groove or K groove (Just Defending is much easier than parrying).

Games I've played for over a hundred hours:

[B]Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X, XII:[/B] Let's face it, the FF series is one of the greatest RPG series of all tme. There is no excuse not to get wrapped up in any of these games.

[B]Star Ocean: Til The End of Time:[/B] Star Ocean was fun from begining to end and I still enjoy revisiting it to this day. The story was interesting and constantly evolving and the battle system was one of the best I've ever played in any RPG.

[B]Elder Scrolls III and IV:[/B] Again, there's no excuse not to get wrapped up in these games. It's so emersive it can cause lack of sleep. This is one of those games that needs a surgeons general warming on the front. [U]Caution: May cause Insomnia, Loss of Appetite, Pale Skin, and a general resistance to go outside.[/U]

[B]Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3:[/B]Come on, who doesn't enjoy getting to play as everybodies favorite cut throat spy. This is a game that is always fun to re-explore because the detail on the game is so intricate that it feels fresh and new every time I play it.

[B]Capcom Vs. Marvel 2:[/B] I believe this shows you that I am, at heart, a nerd thru and thru. When I first heard about this game, I thought I was having a wet dream. Just thinking about it makes my thumbs sore.

[quote name='Starwind']

[B]Capcom Vs. Marvel 2:[/B] I believe this shows you that I am, at heart, a nerd thru and thru. When I first heard about this game, I thought I was having a wet dream. Just thinking about it makes my thumbs sore.[/QUOTE]

You mean Marvel vs Capcom 2 right? That game is plenty awesome, but there are wayyyyyy too many people that are too good over here. I have yet to catch up because I don't resign myself to playing as Magneto, Sentinel and Psylocke. I play as Strider, Cable and Ken and while I do get in a few wins, the team just isn't enought to take on the likes of MSP players.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="Purple"]The game I've been playing for ove 100 hours (not to mention, I still am) is [B]Baten Katios: Eternal Winds and the Lost Ocean.[/B] I think that's about the longest 2 disc game ever! ><' I've actually been playing it for almost a year...:animeswea And I'm almost at the end, FINALLY! (except 4/5 of the gods's ghosts [I][U]and[/U][/I] Malpercio...)[/COLOR]
[QUOTE][B]Power Stone:[/B] This game was just plain awesome. This was the second game that I got for the DC and my brother and I would play the crap out of it every day, for about 4 to 5 hours. We continued that cycle for about 4 years and to date, we have over 400 hours logged into the game. We used to hold Power Stone tournaments to take other people's money....er....see how we stacked up against the competition. I always won, but hey I'm the older brother....I'm supposed to win. I developed the Wangtang infinite combo. So back off. My brother had a solid Falcon. He was deadly if he could get you in the air when he had all his stones. That led to some pretty cheap victories.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Purple"]Hey, have you play the second one too? I have, and it's way better than th first! Seriously![/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Pokemon Red: When this was released on the GameBoy, nothing else mattered to me. I'd wake up and play the game all day, just leveling up my Pokemon, catching ones I didn't have, or catching ones that met specific criteria for trades with my Pokemon Blue buddies. I tell you, the amount of money I spent on batteries I could have bought a Wii, a PS3, and a 360 three times over. It was worth it in the end though; I was the undefeated champion in my area code. Same goes for Ruby and Fire Red.[/QUOTE]I had Pokemon blue. I was a fat guy(and I still am) and I forgot to eat for several days strait playing this game. I think I went through a phase of withdrawal...

• 4 weeks later...
Hmmm. Not that many for me. I always play my games equally out. There's not a single game i've neglected to play on. So almost all of my games are 100 hours played on.

FF 7, 9, and 10. Just barely though. One playthrough to complete the game normally, and another one to try and get 100%. Still trying to get 100% on all of them.

Guilty Gear X2: This has to be my favourite beat em up. The characters were crazy, moves were over the top and it has never gotten boring to play. I'm still trying to pass some of the missions on it and get some of the story branches i'm missing, and i've had it for two years now.

Soul Calibur 3: Me and my friends played this game so much when i brought it around. Especially chronicles of the sword, which we completed around 10 times, each time making new people and trying different weapons or classes.

Monster hunter Freedom 2: Got this for the PSP around a month ago. Well over 100 hours, and i've not done half of the quests yet. And that's without playing with other people online yet.

Super smash bros Melee: The amount of mess around torunaments i've played with my friends on this counts for over 200 hours on the game alone.

Devil May Cry 3: Special edition especially. It's just too much fun for me to put down, especially the blood tower. 9999 floors of pure action and mayhem of i recall rightly. That's enough for me to keep coming back for more.

San Andreas: Still playing it. Just messing around usually now, doing a few side missions every so often. Must be over 200 hours by now.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Mainly the challenge of playthroughs of harder difficulties. It is fun, sneaking around a jungle and other places, trying to sneak up on guards without being seen. Still stuck on european extreme run through, escaping from the prison. Never realised how hard it would be on E-E.

• 1 month later...
umm Halo 1. easily 7k hours on it, and can say proudly i am one of the best!
look for me under the name gunslinger

Guild Wars
again, probably 7k hours on that, have about 9 titles, every char has 15k, all of them have multiple sets top :animesmil
look me up in game
Lone Warrior Matt

[color=darkred][size=1]In future, as a means of creating discussion, try and elaborate on what you have to say about the topic. In this case, don't just state the game and how many hours you have played it, but instead a simple reason/s as for why you played it for so long. -- BlueYoshi[/size][/color]

tales of symphonia- if it's hours your talking about i personally have spent 150 hours. but aceburner that's a different story i think that guy has literally spent 2000 hours easy on that game getting every single piece and bit that he could get. i'm doing a runthrough with him. I think he has 17 saves each with atleast 50 hours, that's not counting the ones that he has finished.

Soulcalibur 2- gah i have not had a person that can beat me in number of games (not trying to toot my own horn) i think i've spent 150 hours on it. first game that i ever got, first time my parents got mad at me over video games.

super smash bros. melee- i spent so much time to get mewtwo and then so many parties of all night melee. took forever to get all the stages too.

pokemon- you know you all like it and it took me 70 hours to get my team and then about 50 hours of pvp playing people i know.

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][b]Super Mario All Stars[/b] When I was a kid, whenever my babysitter came over she would bring her brothers Super Nintendo and All Stars and I would just sit and play it with her until my parents came home. After a while I got my own SNES for Christmas along with All Stars and Super Mario World. Now that I think about it, I think I'm a gamer because of my babysitter. Bahaha.

[b]Sonic and Knuckles[/b] I don't know how many times I beat this as a kid. But I certainly played it [i]a lot[/i]. Especially when I found out you could join the cartridge with other Sonic games.

[b]Pokemon Games[/b] I'm not going to put them all separately, but I know I've got over 100 hours on Red, Gold, Silver (yes I had both, I'm a loser) and Sapphire. Pearl is getting there but I've still got a lot to do before I can break 100.

And now games that aren't from my childhood. :D

[b]World of Warcraft[/b] Probably the only MMORPG that has gotten me to play for over 100 hours. If I added the playtime of all the characters I created for that game (which is impossible seeing as some of them are deleted) I would estimate it would be at [i]least[/i] 60 days. Un-freaking-believable. It's for that very reason that I stopped playing. lol

[b]Guitar Hero 2[/b] When I first started playing this game I could only play on Medium. Well, now I own all three games (Rock the 80's is more of an expansion, really) and play expert on [I]almost[/I] every song (curse you, Herman Li!).

I'm sure there are others that I have played more over 100 hours but I just can't think of them right now.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Time to add [B]Diablo II Lord of Destruction[/B] to the list of games I've played for 100 hours. I've spent part of my time off playing between three characters I have for the game and now that I've gotten further along and beaten some of the different levels of difficulty. I'm pretty sure that I finally hit that 100 mark. It took me several years of playing it off and on to do it though. XP

[COLOR="77656"]Hmm, I'm surprised you'd play Diablo II Rach. You just don't seem like the kind of person who would play it.

[B]Star Ocean: Till the End of Time:[/B] From my memory I've played this game for about 112 hours. IT was just that awesome. I went through a few months without playing it though, but when I returned, HUZZAH, I beat it. The bonus levels and the item creation have made my time in life dissapear. I've spent hours trying to perfect items.

[B]Pokemon Games:[/B] Although I'm through playing these cause Diamond pisses me off, I've clocked tons of hours, mostly on Pokemon Silver, cause it's the best one.

[B]Digimon World 3:[/B] It's my second favorite game for the PS1, and it was amazing. I've gotten about over 200 hours all together, if you add up the first time I bought it, when it broke I had to get a second one, and getting as far as I did took time for me to redo, cause I deleted the old data, so that was another 50 hours.. *takes a deep breath of air* In other words, this game was unlucky. Sadly, as I stated in one of Rach's threads, I didn't beat the game.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="77656"]Hmm, I'm surprised you'd play Diablo II Rach. You just don't seem like the kind of person who would play it. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Well it's probably one of the only games like that in my collection, and even that is because my brother gave it to me several years ago. But normally, that kind of thing isn't what I enjoy.

Also, I realized that if you include the time spent on different [B]Final Fantasy[/B] games, all together they would come to 100 hours. Even if I never beat any of them since most of them just get tiring after a while. But I've played quite a few from that series. Not that I intend to ever finish any of them, especially Final Fantasy X and X-2.

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="77656"][B]Pokemon Games:[/B] Although I'm through playing these cause Diamond pisses me off, I've clocked tons of hours, mostly on Pokemon Silver, cause it's the best one.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yeah, all the good times were had in Johto. Too bad the only remakes are fan-made (Shiny Gold isn't half bad, though...)

[color=indigo]The only two games that I am positive I have spent over 100 hours playing are Tekken 3 for PS1, and Goldeneye for the N64. When I was in college my dorm used to have massive Tekken and Goldeneye tournaments that involved heavy drinking and light gambling. It was a blast.

There are probably other games that I have logged 100 hours in, maybe some Final Fantasy games, perhaps the original Marvel vs. Capcom and X-Men arcade games (my friend owned them both growing up), perhaps even Mario Kart.
[/color]

-Final Fantasy VII - I'm pretty sure I played this one for 100+ hours. I don't remember though because that was a long time ago.

-Tales of Symphonia - I know this for sure. I think I played it around 4 times through, and I would always do a bunch of side quests and stuff. Fun stuff.

-Fatal Frame II: The Crimson Butterfly - I'm not sure about this one either, but I have spent a lot of time on it. Getting horribly lost. And I think I've played it through once or twice. A lot of the time, I start a new file but never complete it though. If I count Fatal Frame series in general, I'm pretty sure that would be 100+ hours.

-Melty Blood: Act Cadenza - Again, not sure. But again, I spent a loooooooong time on it. Just randomly fighting CPU, training, or going online and fighting other people.

- Omg Pokeymanz ! - Enough said =P

- MapleStory - I am not proud of this. But it is true ='(

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud'][color=indigo]The only two games that I am positive I have spent over 100 hours playing are Tekken 3 for PS1, and Goldeneye for the N64. When I was in college my dorm used to have massive Tekken and Goldeneye tournaments that involved heavy drinking and light gambling. It was a blast.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Drunken Goldeneye tournaments are a hell of a lot of fun, moonraker lasers in the Temple with one-hit kills, gaming nirvana. Rare, or whoever the hell owns the rights to that game now really need to just release the multiplayer segment of the game with kick *** graphics and bask in the glory of renewed multiplayer perfection. [/SIZE]