OtakuBoards

Get together of OB's musically enabled (OB band?)

Nomurah!

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Unfortunately, you just uploaded the Windows Movie Maker [U]project file[/U], which does not include the audio files in it.

What you need to do is just upload the audio file you recorded and forget about saving it as a movie maker file.

I can line up everything for everyone, so you people don't have to worry about being exact when you record.

And no, I was not in The Postal Service.

Edit:

And for the love of poop, people...

If you're going to save your files as an MP3, make sure the bitrate is AT LEAST 192kbps.

Thank you.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkgreen]It seems like I'm a little late to this, but I'd love to contribute any way possible. I don't have any recording gear or software, but I can write some [U]decent[/U] lyrics.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann][SIZE=1][COLOR=#ff69b4]I'm working on an outline for a story... About a captain of a ship that has an obsession with space, and always dreamed of going to the moon. I don't know, anyone want to help me think of more?[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkgreen]Hee... That sounds fun. How about, once he finally gets there, he discovers an [B]alien[/B] ship captain that has always dreamt of going to the [B]Earth[/B]?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Well, I've uploaded my day's work.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?8jbt02tmlcg"]Here[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]This is just so other people can have something to go by when they are working on their parts, not an actual song.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Well...actually, as far as lyrics go... Um. xD I'm looking for a more realistic tone, and "the villain" itself may be the fact the man never fulfills his dream of being in space. He's just an old man that's close to dying, out in the ocean with a crew of men, and he thinks back to times when he was younger and how he's always been obsessed with astronomy.

But in the end, I want him to dream about finally making it into space, and landing on the moon, and all the wonders it beholds, but he can't wake up, because he's died that night, and that'll be the end of this collection of songs we'll make. :D

lol You guys still excited? XD

Alrighty. Mr. Maul, I've got it. :D

So, we may have another guitarist make a riff number 2 to go along with that, and that will mark the first 36 seconds of the song. After it fades a way, wait a few seconds, and a upbeat part will come. Can we have some higher notes on guitars for the upbeat part, guys?

Anywho. I'll be recorded the upbeat part right now, and upload it soon.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Edit: Here you go.

[url]http://www.mediafire.com/?8wyybcziqdo[/url]

Tell me if it's to ohard to go along with or something, and I'll make a new one.

Edit 2: After that...I thought what the heck. If you guys don't want this one, it's fine.

[url]http://www.mediafire.com/?5bj7agme2id[/url]

"Noone ever told me
this is what I'd be, and that I'd get so old
you chase a dream and take a chance
but I've been stuck on this ship for so long."

First verse. Deux or somebody will come in on the upbeat part with the second verse... Who wants to write the second verse? lol

[Size=1]I'd really like to take part in this project but I have no means of recording anything right now. Not sure how long it'll be before I do but I'd like to contribute support and ideas where I can anyways.

I mostly stick to what I know, and that's drums and basic (Very, VERY basic) Guitar. Drums preferably. I don't know what I sound like when I sing since I've only heard it from inside my head and never sang in front of anyone before and I guess I could try my hand at lyrics.

I'll try to listen to the recorded stuff when I've got more time.

That's all.[/size]

[color=darkred][size=1]

Well, I suppose since I've performed at two paid venues thus far, a club and a party, I qualify as a muscian now. I'm an MC. I write all my own lyrics to whatever music is provided to me as long as I can set tempo to it. Mk Zen is the MC name.

[/color][/size]

• 3 weeks later...
[size=1]Is it too late? >.> I don't play an instrument, at least not well, but I have some basics in piano/keyboard and... I sing. >.< I only have one example up, which is on YouTube, and I am of the opinion that I LOOK retarded. So no bashing me, okay? Gentle let downs are fine just no... "HAHA you suck!" Please?? >.<

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRiR5embwLU]click[/url]

I also write lyrics. My boyfriend keeps trying to persuade me to sing them for him... but as of yet they are undefined. If you want I can put some up...?[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Dare I say this thread...better not become a ghost. So, to clear up some things, I've been out for a while, and havn't had means to a computer... I'll get on one...soon. (Well, I'm on one right now, aha) But that's besides the point.

I'm getting DSL soon...but not soon enough (this summer), and it's hard to upload my parts, but I still want to be a part of this somehow. Mr. Maul knows what he's doing. :] So, I guess Mr. Maul can be the mastermind behind this project for all the times I'm not posting in the thread. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Jakehammaren']I'd help out, but I hate music.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]
BLAST IT! We've lost another one to the hatred for music. And I thought someone with knowledge of such things as metal may be a handy advisary, but I thought wrong.

"We are enemies now...You and I"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]
BLAST IT! We've lost another one to the hatred for music. And I thought someone with knowledge of such things as metal may be a handy advisary, but I thought wrong.

"We are enemies now...You and I"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I take it that's a reference to the soundclip at the beginning of Children of Boredom's "Hatebreeder" (which was their best album, by the way - they are a terrible, horrible, worthless band now).

Oh yeah, back to me hating music:

Man, I hate music.

I will play the soprano ukelelephoneaccordion. I'll be the one who dresses in a completely incongruous hawaiian flower-print shirt and gallops around the stage on my imaginary horse. Then, after we put out our first album, I'll leave the band, claiming it does not fulfill my artistic vision, starting a solo project that is 60 minutes of pure silence on an excel spreadsheet.