OtakuBoards

The -phobia and -philia Thread

Konata

[quote name='Vicky'][SIZE=1][B]Eyes[/B].
You know what, I love eyes. I'm obsessed with eyes - I love writing about eyes, looking at people's eyes, you know. Eyes mean everything. 'Gate way to the soul' stuff may or may not be true, but your eyes hold the majority of your emotions. You know people can't tell when I'm angry or sarcastic with my sunglasses on, but immediately can with them off? It's the eyes.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]I can be really interested in eyes, too, but not really so much for the emotions they can express. Although sharing eye contact with someone is pretty powerful. But mostly I just love eyes because of their color.

Bright colors, mostly. My own eyes are nice if there's enough light around them; they take on a kind of amber tint. In regular light, though, they're mostly green with brown lines surrounding the pupil.

My friend has the most amazing eyes I've ever seen; very pale, steel blue. Sometimes when I'm with her I can't help but gush over them. XD. One of her dogs has cool eyes, too, they're pure white with a dark outline so you can differentiate them from the rest of the eyeball.

Of course, dark eyes can be awesome, too. They sort of give people a kind of puppy dog quality.

But when I think of characters for my stories and stuff, they mostly have bright, unnaturally colored eyes (usually because they're vampires).

Which reminds me!
[B]
Vampires[/B]
When I was in the eighth grade, my friend convinced me to read Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. It was kind of boring, and I couldn't even get halfway through the second book because it was so dull and sometimes pseudo-bombastic. But I saw the movie Queen of the Damned and became hopelessly obsessed with vampires.

At the time I was still a Christian, so I felt really guilty about my interest. I couldn't bring myself to ever write about them, and whenever I DID think of a vampire character, I would eventually change him/her into something similar, but not the same.

When I grew out of it, vampires became all I ever wanted to write or read about. Just last year I came up with a huge story series idea involving nothing BUT vampires, and I'm still planning on taking it somewhere. (I'm just constantly plagued with writer's block. :[ )

I do have a new vampire story in the works, but it's already turning out to be quite long. I'm hoping it will end up at least long enough to be considered a novella.[/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]For the most part... I don't really have any specific fears, or rather most of the things that really frightened me as a kid no longer do. XP The only example I can give is lightening in a storm. It positively terrified me when I was younger, but now? Sometimes it still startles me but I haven't had that overwhelming fear of it in a long time.

I have other things that though they make me uncomfortable, at the same time it's not a total fear either, in fact, take heights. Even though sometimes it's uncomfortable, other times when it includes flying or hiking it's exhilarating instead of frightening. I wasn't bothered when I went hot air ballooning and I plan on doing a sky diving trip eventually just for the fun of it.

Anyway, as for what I love...

Like Des I too love escapism, or rather getting into video games, anime and reading. My day doesn't feel right if I haven't done one of those things.

I also love the dark. And by dark I mean at night when it's time to sleep. I have thick curtains just for the purpose of making sure my room is 100% pitch black while I sleep. There's just something restful about utter darkness when I'm sleeping. Light, just annoys me when I'm trying to rest.

On the flip side, during the day, I love bright light. To the point that I use florescent light since it uses less wattage and therefor lets me have really bright light bulbs in my room. I love being able to have 150-200w for each one in my room since they use less power. Currently I have three. XP Making my room wonderfully bright. I love sunlight as well, even though I have to use sunblock since I burn so easily. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="77656"]I'm just glad you didn't have some weird fetishes Beth, you and creepy fetishses don't go together. But if you do have any, that's none of my buisiness.

[quote name='Arispa']That's why my boyfriend keeps his nails sharpened...[/quote]

Well, I just tell my gf I enjoy being hit and that's hit. WHen she slapped me once, I didn'tthink it hurt it all, I loved it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="77656"]I'm just glad you didn't have some weird fetishes Beth, you and creepy fetishses don't go together. But if you do have any, that's none of my buisiness.[/COLOR][/QUOTE] No danger of that, I'm pretty normal in that respect or rather I don't really have any creepy fetishes. Sometimes I find it baffling as to how people even like certain things let alone love them, it just seems so bizarre to me. XP[/font][/color]

[COLOR="77656"]I'm glad my list didn't send the creeps towards you. (unless it did) That stuff is bizzare to others I know. Believe the the love of pain and blood is enough to get some people freaked. But when anime girls pops up something's bound to get said. Belive me one of my friends gave me a weir look for liking anime girls.[/COLOR]

I don't really have any strong fears or rather nothing unless I'm currently face to face with it, otherwise I don't even think about it. And even then, most of the time it's just a mild reaction. I have a hard time feeling any real fear for very long. Even when I was in a car accident last year and it freaked me out a bit since I came so close to having my hands get hurt. Still even that fear didn't stick for long. XP

As for things I love... I love playing the Cello. It's more than what I'm doing for a living, I would probably do it even if I had to do something different altogether to pay the bills. I'd never be able to walk away from that one and if that were the case, needing to do something else for work, it would be my number one hobby.

I love hiking and escaping to the outdoors... enough that it drove me nuts last summer that I was unable to do so while I recovered from the broken leg I got from that car accident. I hadn't realized how much I love that until I couldn't do it.