OtakuBoards

Sad Anime Deaths

koon

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rizeralphonse
[spoiler]Gai Daigoji[/spoiler] I'm sorry saddest death I ever witnessed in my life. He had so much potentail and he died 3rd episode!!! I wanted to cry. It reminded me of when I cried manly boy tears when [spoiler]Ash was turned to stone. [/spoiler] Yes I used the analogy. Sue me!!! Also this is all I can think of so far.[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"][INDENT]I added spoiler tags for you rizeralphonse. When discussing something that can spoil it for someone who has yet to see it, always use spoiler tags. Instructions as to how one can use them can be found here: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55649"][U]Anime Central Guidelines[/U][/URL]. ~Indi[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][spoiler]Teresa from Claymore[/spoiler], having gotten about a third of the way through the series so far, I have to admit, I was pretty moved by the character's death. A combination of the way she changed completely and developed in just the course of a few episodes, and really the suddenness of the death, even if it was slightly obvious was just sad for me.[/SIZE]

Hello,

Although this already has been noted, my personal #1 is: Chrono Crusade, [spoiler] Rosette and Chrono's death. You see them battle the entire series, just to end up using all of Rosette's life energy in the last fights... I was truely hoping that they would have a sequel, but given that they've killed off the two main characters, I think my hope has been fizzled... Also, wanted to mention that it was sad what happened to Father Remington. Although he didn't "die", a bit of his character did when you see the very ending, with him dirty/homeless at Vatician city.[/spoiler]

I'm going to make a special request right now:

[B][I][U][SIZE="4"]DO NOT SPOILER TAG THE NAME OF THE ANIME/MANGA IN WHICH THE DEATH OCCURS.[/SIZE][/U][/I][/B]

Now that I've gotten your attention, I'm serious here. I just got spoiled big time for not knowing which series above poster was referring to.

No hard feelings, though.[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"][INDENT]I fixed that for you. The level of spoiler in the previous post, pity it's too late. ~Indi[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Indi, in Aceburner's][COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"][INDENT]I fixed that for you. The level of spoiler in the previous post, pity it's too late. ~Indi[/INDENT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Too bad Gavin didn't get the memo either. I think the count is up to five for me.[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
My saddest death right now is [spoiler]when Itachi died after his fight with Sasuke. I mean, especially now considering that he did it all for Sasuke's sake. Tobi/Madara/Obito is evil, yet still cool. I also agree about Jiraiya. That was very sad, and also Minato's, though his happened before the start of Naruto.[/spoiler]

I agree with the people who have talked about FMA and DeathNote as well. I surprosed no one has mentioned my above person from Naruto yet.

In all the series that I watch, if a character dies, or is thought to have for awhile.. I always find it sad. >>; Almost always makes me cry, too. So I won't name all of them. nn;

But I'm with MajorSarcastic on the Naruto [spoiler](Itachi being killed)[/spoiler]thing. That really sucked. I was so happy at first.. but then there's a twist to it, and it totally left me speechless. That just.. oh man.. curse you Kishimoto. T___T;

I also hated that [spoiler]Cougar died[/spoiler] in Scryed..
& before I end my post... two words. Wolf's Rain.

Oh man.. x_x

[COLOR="Red"]Mine was..[/COLOR] [spoiler]When Lights dad (cant remember his name) died, it made me cry. Because he believed Light wasint Kira which he was. Also he didint deserve to die. But although Mello meh favorite character was apart of it, its still sad. :([/spoiler]

I agree with you lot on [spoiler]L's horrible tragic death[/spoiler] from Death Note. I read that one yesterday, and haven't had the heart to continue on. It's just... not right. [Spoiler]Why should Light's plans come to fruition? What has L done to deserve this? All he was was an amazing detective who took the wrong case, and for that he has to die.[/spoiler] It's horrible!

I'll eventually pick the rest back up. Eventually. Until then I'll just fume.

For me, there were at least three deaths that really shook me and led me to be so teary-eyed and depressed.

First was in Rurouni Kenshin: Reflection, when [SPOILER]Kenshin and Kaoru[/SPOILER] died after spending their last moments together as an aged couple. I got really teary-eyed at it because I loved [SPOILER]Kenshin[/SPOILER]'s character so much and I really wanted a "live happily ever after" ending for the couple. The only consolation I have for this death is that RK's creator didn't like it as well. Sometimes, I consider this OVA as just a fanfic.

Then, there was in Fullmetal Alchemist. I was quite shocked and saddened at the death of [SPOILER]Maes Hughes[/SPOILER]. It caught me by surprise because I was expecting him to be one of the characters that will remain alive at the end of the series. Prior to his death, he was starting to become my favorite character in the show. That's why I was so distraught when he suddenly died. Even heartbreaking for me was seeing the funeral.

Most recently, I had been deeply affected by the death of [SPOILER]Light Yagami[/SPOILER] in the Death Note anime series. Now, I don't mean to anger the fans of his rival, who also died in the show. It's just that [SPOILER]Light[/SPOILER] was the character that I related the most too, and not the other. He represented almost everything I've always wanted to be, save for his [SPOILER]Kira madness[/SPOILER]. It was like seeing myself in him, or at least seeing a friend I've always wanted to meet. That's why seeing him die dramatically in the anime series just hit me a lot and really broke my heart. Tears didn't fall right away because of my brother's presence at that moment, but I know deep inside I was crying a lot. It became harder for me to cry when I had the chance. It took me around 2 months or less plus abstinence from watching Death Note just to get over that moment.

[quote name='The Mask']
Most recently, I had been deeply affected by the death of [SPOILER]Light Yagami[/SPOILER] in the Death Note anime series. Now, I don't mean to anger the fans of his rival, who also died in the show. It's just that [SPOILER]Light[/SPOILER] was the character that I related the most too, and not the other.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]I agree. While [spoiler]L's death[/spoiler] was surprising and tragic in its own right, I was much more affected when [spoiler]Light bit the dust[/spoiler]. Somehow it struck me with a immense sense of injustice. [spoiler]Maniacal though he was, I don't think Light deserved to die for his ideal of a peaceful world. The manner of his death only made it worse[/spoiler]. Still, it was a great ending to a great series.

One of my personal favorites is [spoiler]Lord Dio[/spoiler] from [B]Last Exile[/B]. He wasn't that unlikable, and the fact that [spoiler]he died with barely any sanity left and crying out for his lost friend[/spoiler] made me very sympathetic towards him.

I could also name several from [B]Neon Genesis Evangelion[/B], but the most notable I'd say is [spoiler]Asuka as she's being torn up by the bird Evas in The End of Evangelion movie, even though she's mysteriously alive again at the very end[/spoiler]. I've always liked NGE for it's raw emotion.

[B]EDIT[/B]: Ah, I completely forgot [spoiler]Dr. Akagi![/spoiler] She's deffinitely the most memorable from the NGE series. It's been too long since I've seen it.[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Meh, we really don't know enough about him for me to be saddened by his death. Now given the current fight going on between [spoiler]Jiraiya and Pein[/spoiler], the former's death has the chance to really depress me because he's so awesome.

[b]Dragonball Z[/b]
OK, OK, so nobody really stays dead, but when I first started watching the show, before I knew about the Dragonballs themselves, and [spoiler]Vegeta was killed on Namek by Frieza[/spoiler] I was actually nearly brought to tears. It wasn't really his dying, but more his sort of redeeming speech as he was dying, when he opens up about his life and why the way he was was down to Frieza. That last tearful "Don't let him do to anyone else what he did to me" made me feel so sad.

Then of course he was resurrected and acted as if nothing happened, which sucked...:animesigh[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
I agree with Gavin about that DBZ moment. One of the very few death scenes to actually make me feel sad.

Indi got me going on Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo and I have to say that the death of [spoiler]Franz[/spoiler] was sad. You knew about halfway through the episode what was going to happen. However, I found part of myself wishing that they wouldn't die. It was a very powerful moment in the series.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Indi got me going on Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo and I have to say that the death of [spoiler]Franz[/spoiler] was sad. You knew about halfway through the episode what was going to happen. However, I found part of myself wishing that they wouldn't die. It was a very powerful moment in the series.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]It would have been even better if she hadn't completely over-hyped the episode. That said, I couldn't agree more about [spoiler]Franz's[/spoiler] death, it was certainly one of, if not the most moving moment of the entire series.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]It would have been even better if she hadn't completely over-hyped the episode. That said, I couldn't agree more about [spoiler]Franz's[/spoiler] death, it was certainly one of, if not the most moving moment of the entire series.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]You're just heartless, admit it. :p

That death in Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo actually had me in tears. I wouldn't have told you it was a powerful moment if it wasn't true. Poor [spoiler]Franz[/spoiler][/COLOR]

Yeah, [spoiler]Franz[/spoiler] in Gankutsuou is the last anime death I can remember that actually had me bawling. To be honest, my reaction to deaths is more frequently "Woo-hoo! Yeah!!"... not necessarily because I don't like the character(s) involved or anything, but because there's always something a little satisfying about seeing the scenario writers prove their guts by offing a fan favorite.

There are series, though, where you get too caught up in the story to think about the calculations involved, and for me, Gankutsuou was one of them.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]You're just heartless, admit it. :p[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Am not. You spent so much time building up the episode that there was no way it could live up to my expectations, as I said, I was very moved by [spoiler]Franz[/spoiler] death and [spoiler]his sacrifice to save Albert from that duel[/spoiler].

Anyway, moving on, the most recent sad anime death for me would be that [spoiler]Ahmey[/spoiler] in The Tower of Druaga, it just seemed to have come out of nowhere, although in the episode itself you could see it happening a few seconds before it actually occurred. Given that [spoiler]Ahmey had had such a maturing effect on the group, it was sad to see her go.[/spoiler] [/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Dagger']Yeah, [spoiler]Franz[/spoiler] in Gankutsuou is the last anime death I can remember that actually had me bawling. [/QUOTE]I haven't seen very many anime shows yet, but that one had me in tears too. >_> You just knew what was going on and yet you cried anyway. >_< [/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Unfortunately, I don't cry.. (I know, fricken robot.) If anything, I lash out if certain deaths pisses me off. For instance, [spoiler]Nina[/spoiler] in Fullmetal Alchemist. (I'm an animal person) I pratically could've given up the series because of that incident. Actually, I did give up the series and then came back to it during it's re-run.

I noticed that people are mentioning [spoiler]Light and L's[/spoiler] death. [spoiler]L's[/spoiler] death was predictable. Even the way it was set up (I know, it was still sad) you could see it coming. Afterall, the show is about Light, is it not? You didn't really expect [spoiler]L to catch Light[/spoiler], did ya? [spoiler]Light[/spoiler] on the other hand, deserved everything that he had coming to him. Now the unexpected death of [spoiler]Rem[/spoiler] was a shocker. I actually started hating Light after that moment lol.

I could laugh at everyone mentioning DBZ :p[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Phenom][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]I could laugh at everyone mentioning DBZ :p[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]You kidding? I do laugh. I've [I]been[/I] laughing.

But that's just cynical ole' me.

[quote name='Phenom][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Afterall, the show is about Light, is it not? You didn't really expect [spoiler]L to catch Light[/spoiler], did ya?[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

[spoiler]Actually, ever since the episode titled "Revival", I [I]have[/I] been, though I confess I've only seen a few more after that.[/spoiler][/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]You kidding? I do laugh. I've [I]been[/I] laughing.

But that's just cynical ole' me.[/quote]
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]I'm mean, but not cynical XD.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Allamorph][spoiler]Actually, ever since the episode titled "Revival", I [I]have[/I] been, though I confess I've only seen a few more after that.[/spoiler'][/FONT][/quote]
[COLOR="darkred"][SIZE="1"]Episode previews kind of summed that up for me...[/SIZE][/COLOR]