OtakuBoards

How Did You Come Up With Your Screenname?

duorocks17

[COLOR="Olive"]I'm a big fan of zombies and I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft as an undead, or 'Forsaken' as they are called in the game. I like the name 'undead' for zombies best, but I wanted to incorporate WoW in it, so I combined the two words. My custom title, 'Gutterspeaker,' is a reference to the language used by the forsaken. [/COLOR]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in high school, me and my siblings didn't have internet access at our house until I was 17. I explain this because I was in such a rush to hurry up and create an email account at the time that lacking creativity or originality wasn't an issue in the least. I came up with lea2385, lea being a nickname of my real name, 23 being the day I was born, 85 being the year. One day I was talking to a friend over the phone and he wanted to send me a pm. He was too lazy to type in my whole screen name, and so instead went through all the trouble of changing my name just so he wouldn't have to type in the four numbers at the end.

Tada~

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='ZeitGeist']You might have seen my screen name on a Smashing Pumpkins album. I assure you this is quite coincidental![/quote]
Yes... but it's not as bad as when I created a RPG character who not only was named Lupin, but so happened to resemble a certain someone from a certain anime I found about later on. Coincidences, coincidences...

I joined OB back in 2002, when I was thirteen years old. At the time my favourite Digimon was Nefertimon, so that became my username.

Of course, now my favourite Digimon is Arukenimon, and I'm quickly losing interest in Digimon. So many things have changed since I first joined... my maturity level, my posting style, and little details like this.

But hmm, should I change my username or not? I'm still debating that idea...