OtakuBoards

The Otakuboards Celebration: Part 1

Raiha

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Heh, I was thinking more along the lines that I'd never expose an instrument to such a humid climate.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Hey, nobody ever said that you had your [I]concert[/I] instrument with you. You could be using some plastic POS for all we know. I'm sure you could make that kind of an atrocity sound halfway decent. :p

Actually, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Raiha[/COLOR], I never did get to square off directly with Mitch. I had a good trouncing in mind, too. Pity....[/FONT]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]If inserted Mitch here, he?d probably come crying to someone with crocodile tears pouring down his face. And the ensuing flood would destroy us all. But seriously folks. The only good idea I?ve seen so far involves hobo lawyers. Although Shy has lobbied me personally for some Sandy drama. This is where you expand on the idea.

The idea in short: Involves some of us baking a pie and Sandy being angry because we weren?t making the pie right.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]If inserted Mitch here, he?d probably come crying to someone with crocodile tears pouring down his face. And the ensuing flood would destroy us all. But seriously folks. The only good idea I?ve seen so far involves hobo lawyers. Although Shy has lobbied me personally for some Sandy drama. This is where you expand on the idea.

The idea in short: Involves some of us baking a pie and Sandy being angry because we weren?t making the pie right.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I wouldn't mind being the jackass who keeps tampering with the pie formula behind everyone's backs until Desbreko notices and uses his nads to hadoken me into the next world XD. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]
The idea in short: Involves some of us baking a pie and Sandy being angry because we weren?t making the pie right.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]You could always make Sandy so angry about the incorrectly made pie that bloody revenge is sought out. Sandy could seek out everyone that had a hand in not only making the pie, but selling the ingredients or even smelling its aroma.[/color]

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud'][color=indigo]You could always make Sandy so angry about the incorrectly made pie that bloody revenge is sought out. Sandy could seek out everyone that had a hand in not only making the pie, but selling the ingredients or even smelling its aroma.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]So... Kill Pie ?[/SIZE]

[i][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]When Charles finally took a breath, the party broke up almost instantaneously. I made my sleepy way with Gavin to the room reserved for us. Next door, Sunfall and Rach were already out. Apparently they?d snuck out using secret vanishing ninja powder around the time Charles and Heaven?s Cloud had started a rap battle. If only we?d been so lucky. Meanwhile, in the dead of night, absolutely nothing happened. James had set up a fortress around the areas we were using for our celebration, nigh impenetrable. This of course meant that if there was to be any more excitement, it?d have to be the product of infighting.

Joy.

The next morning dawned like any other morning. Too early. I woke up in time to remember it was Desbreko?s birthday. With a groan, I headed for the shower and sought to do a re-enactment of the opening of Resident Evil. Unfortunately no nerve gas came to knock me dead, so instead I got dressed in a vintage cocktail dress and helped my husband with his tie. Out in the hall, sleepy people were heading for the main hall, which had transformed overnight into a set that would?ve been right at home in the Great Gatsby. Oh Roaring Twenties, how I missed you. Big band jazz played, too loud for 10 in the morning, but who?s going to question it?[/i]

?Morning Raiha...how?re you??

[i]I looked over to Vicky and Revelation, arm in arm, both dressed in relatively charming flapper girl dresses, both still only partially awake.[/i]

?Oh fine fine. It?s Desbreko?s birthday. But I forgot a gift. We should probably resort to doing exotic dances on stage for him.?

?...that sounds like an awful idea.?

[i]Vicky had wrinkled her nose, so I nudged her and sent the girl flying down the hall towards the exit. Oh sweet gravity. Meanwhile, breakfast was being served. I grabbed a grapefruit and went to the balcony where Rach was again, playing his cello for an appreciative audience, pausing occasionally to take bites of toast from the hand of his beloved. I gazed upon the romantic tableau for a moment, before looking down to the garden beneath where Charles was giving a long and undoubtedly riveting speech to Ob neophytes. In an open space, Petie, Aryanna, James, Dagger, and several others were doing morning tai chi.

Ah sweet breakfast tea, you revive me with your delicious caffeine from above. I was contemplating what to do next when it occurred to me. Why not bake Desbreko a Birthday pie? I hated cake. And we all know that the cake is a lie anyway. It sounds perfect! Hurriedly I grabbed Revelation, Shy, Kam, and Panda. It was her birthday as well, but I doubt she?d take a gift of pie the same way as Desbreko would. Glory is at hand![/i]

?So berries? Peaches? Pears? What kind of pie??

[i]Shy was ticking off ingredient ideas like they were going out of style, while Kam incessantly lobbied for cheesecake. Revelation looked up from the Joy of Cooking and shook her head. Panda brandished a rolling pin under Shy?s nose.[/i]

?Cheesecake isn?t pie! Any five year old knows that!?

?But I love cheesecake...?

[i]Shy sounded wounded, so I decided to take charge with a large mixing bowl, the electric mixer, and a bag of flour. I threw a handful into the air to get everyone?s attention, only it made everyone sneeze. Oh well.[/i]

?Berry pie. We can serve it with vanilla ice cream. No questions!?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Next door, Sunfall and Rach were already out. Apparently they?d snuck out using secret vanishing ninja powder around the time Charles and Heaven?s Cloud had started a rap battle. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Haha, that's so true... I would so sneak out during a rap battle. XP Anyway, I've been enjoying reading this. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]I threw a handful into the air to get everyone's attention, only it made everyone sneeze. Oh well.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Arial]Hee hee.

I'm loving the almost conveniently instant change of atmosphere. I think I'll just sit on a tower and grin for a while. :animesmil[/FONT] Edited by Allamorph

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Haha, that's so true... I would so sneak out during a rap battle. XP Anyway, I've been enjoying reading this. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Then you, my friend, would be missing out on a monumental occurrence. The last time Charles and I had a rap battle it was so fantastic, so amazingly good, that Jebus actually came down from heaven and said ?never on earth shall there be a rap battle like this again?. And there hasn?t been?mainly because I am not sure if Jebus was complementing us or making a veiled threat.

Hay-soos is gangsta yo.

[/color]

Kuja...I like the Kuja idea. Make me kill him. Do that for me; for I want to kill him. Then have me rape and murder Shy and Nerdsy. I want that, too...but mostly, I want to kill Kuja.

Just do that. I will love you forever.

-Justin

[quote name='Kam']Kuja...I like the Kuja idea. Make me kill him. Do that for me; for I want to kill him. Then have me rape and murder Shy and Nerdsy. I want that, too...but mostly, I want to kill Kuja.

-Justin[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]...I think pie comes before Kuja. And you're not allowed to rape Shy to death, that wouldn't be kosher. Nerdsy maybe...[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Kam']Kuja...I like the Kuja idea. Make me kill him. Do that for me; for I want to kill him. Then have me rape and murder Shy and Nerdsy. I want that, too...but mostly, I want to kill Kuja.

-Justin[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]...I think pie comes before Kuja. And you're not allowed to rape Shy to death, that wouldn't be kosher. Nerdsy maybe...[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]before looking down to the garden beneath where Charles was giving a long and undoubtedly riveting speech to Ob neophytes.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, for some reason, I'm seeing the scene from Return of the Jedi where 3PO is regaling the Ewoks with the grand tales of the heroes, and it's not a bad thing. :animesmil[/SIZE]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I think I'll just sit on a tower and grin for a while. :animesmil[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]So now we have a Cheshire Cat among the absentminded people of OB? All we need now is an Alice, a White Rabbit, March Hare...[drones on about Alice in Wonderland characters...]

I mean, flapper dresses? You put me in a flapper dress? -_- Thanks...And yes, pie does come before [B]K[/B]uja. And I vote for Pecan Pie![/size][/color]

[i][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Panda had hustled herself off, probably to go restore order in the main hall, and instead of returning, she?d sent Sandy instead. And he?d shown up with Sunfall for some reason. She saw Revelation mixing a pie crust, and Shy covered in flour and threw up her arms with horror.[/i]

?Desbreko hates pie!?

[i]Shock and disbelief abounded.[/i]

?Never!?

?Blasphemy! Only idiots, pansies, and fops hate pie!?

?...think about what you?ve just said there Vicky.?

[i]Vicky frowned in thought, then her expression cleared, and she looked sheepish. I sighed with resignation and thumbed through the cake section of the cookbook instead. [/i]

?Okay. Revelation, you keep up with your pecan pie. We?re not letting this crust go to waste. And you Shy. You win. You can make cheesecake with Kam.?

[i]Kam looked mollified, and Revelation gleefully continued shelling pecans like it was going out of style. I shook my head at the ensuing madness, and began preheating the ovens to 400 degrees. It looked like everything was going perfectly smoothly, without one hitch or wrinkle, when I heard screaming coming from the general direction of the people I?d dragooned into helping me. [/i]

?My god! What have you done to the pie?!??

[i]That kind of hysteric exclamation could only come from one Ob member, and with a sinking feeling, I realized who it was. Pink apron on backwards, and arms akimbo, Sandy was berating both Shy and Revelation. Apparently neither had done their respective desserts properly. Before I could say a conciliatory word, Sandy flounced off, flinging down his ruffled apron with some vehemence. Revelation unfroze her expression at his departure and continued mixing her ingredients without pause. Shy and Kam meanwhile, were not so sanguine. Shy broke down completely, crying into the hem of his apron, while Kam patted his shoulder and talked disjointedly about revenge. I sighed and began beating a wooden spoon against the granite countertop.[/i]

?Everyone continue as usual. Shy! Pull yourself together. Vicky, go set up the cooling racks! Kam get your foot out of that mixing bowl! And Digitalboy! GET YOUR FINGERS OUT OF THE BATTER!?

[i]I reached out for him, ready to beat him into a pulp and serve him in one of my own special pies, when Athena descended from above like the goddess she was, and carried him away. I shook my head with some dismay and began slicing strawberries into cream and sugar. Revelation considered the lattice of her pecan pie.[/i]

?Do you think Sandy will seek revenge on us for murdering his beloved pie??

?Of course not! That?d be crazy.?

[i]I didn?t feel half as confident as my tone implied, and Vicky muttered rebelliously to herself as she swung open the doors, and inserted the pecan pies and my own strawberry one.[/i]

?Oh yeah, this isn?t coming back to bite anyone in the ass later.?

[i]Shy slammed the refrigerator door shut, his beloved cheesecake safe at last, and we all settled down for a late lunch of sammich. Other OB members drifted in for free handouts, but we chased them off with carrot sticks and expertly hurled pot holders. Sunfall washed dishes with merriment, while I pitched in a hand, soap bubbles filling the room like smoke.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][i][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]?My god! What have you done to the pie?!??[/i][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]Oh D, you have NO idea how much that made me laugh. I can just see Sandy standing there with his hands to his face saying that.

And kudos to me for baking a pecan pie, even though in real life I've never made one. =P[/size][/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]This thread is made of awesome and win but there's just one little problem: I don't like pie. So, uh, use that detail as you will. :animeswea[/color][/QUOTE]You're just not eating the right kind of pie. [URL="http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/197/Chocolate-Crunch-Peanut-Butter103235.shtml"][U]Click[/U][/URL] Imagine Beth's cookies made into a pie and that will tell you what the recipe I linked to tastes like. Anyway, I love how easily Sandy is turning into the villain here, a role he seems to be destined to play. :p

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Anyway, I love how easily Sandy is turning into the villain here, a role he seems to be destined to play. :p[/QUOTE]

I prefer to stay as the causer of excessive drama, thank you. XP ;D

Just wondering why my frilly apron was on backwards...?