OtakuBoards

The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty: 07 Edition(Nominate or Die)

Justin

I present to you, the people, the [b]OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty: 07 Edition![/b]

Here you will nominate ten members, topics, or well...anything Otaku really to be included into a list of fifty things nifty enough for this year's Nifty Fifty.

[b]Don't remember what it is?[/b]

It's a list of fifty things that have helped make OtakuBoards totally freakin' "nifty" this past year. You, the members, nominate. And we, the judges, decide.

[b]How does something or someone gain a spot amongst the illustrious Nifty Fifty?[/b]

Well, first there are the nominations. It's not based purely on quantity of nominations, though, as some things could be left out that way. This is about getting the [i]best[/i]...the most nifty!

That may sound a bit subjective, and really, it is. But trust me, all is being handled fairly as it possibly can. I've taken steps to organize the best possible Nifty Fifty Committee: 07 Edition to assure this.

[b]Nifty Fifty Committee?[/b]

You may remember this from last years Nifty Fifty; and this year's will work around the same principle--secrecy. You won't be able to contact these judges, because you won't know who they are. You won't know who they are to ensure the fairest possible judging.

[b]What can be nominated?[/b]

Anything...and I do mean [i]anything[/i]...pertaining to OtakuBoards. Members, threads, events, current events...whatever. Nominate them all.

[b]How do I nominate?[/b]

DUNDUNDUN...requirements!

[QUOTE]
What is it?
Why was it nifty?[/QUOTE]

It's [i]that[/i] simple.

*****REMEMBER: Each member may nominated no more than ten items!!!

Let the nominations begin!

-Justin

[color=indigo][b]Who is it?[/b] Neuvoxraiha

[b]Why is she Nifty?[/b] Raiha has been around [i]forever[/i], but that doesn’t make her nifty. Nope what makes her nifty, what makes her a BAMF, is that she has always used this site to entertain herself. She more or less does what she wants and her no nonsense, slightly perverted attitude makes her one of the most original members that still frequent this joint.

[b]What is it?[/b] The Nifty Fifty

[b]Why is it Nifty?[/b] Because it is so vastly superior to the old Otaku Awards. Unfortunately, some OBers were just a trifle insecure and, during the old days of the Otaku Awards, my PM box would get flooded with messages that were more or less veiled solicitations for voting nominations. It was kind of a drag. The Nifty Fifty eliminated all of that and also allows us to vote for stuff, which is pretty rad.

[b]Who is it?[/b] Dagger

[b]Why is she nifty?[/b] I don’t think I have ever conversed with Dagger, even during discussions within threads. Still, I realize that she is the undisputed empress of anime. This site was originally intended as an anime centric message board ergo she must be among the niftiest of members.

[b]What is it?[/b] The Daily Otaku, post #46: “OtakuBoards Evolution or Revolution”

[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] It seems almost prophetic.

And while I am on the subject…

[b]Who is it?[/b] Desbreko

[b]Why is he nifty?[/b] He has a fan club. If I didn’t mention him he, along with every member of his fan club, would have the right to kick me square in the nads for being a dishonest, unobservant moron.

[b]Who is it?[/b] People that recognize that I am a trendsetter

[b]Why is he nifty?[/b] I might not have been the first person to nominate themselves in an overly narcissistic manner but I was the first person to be deemed nifty for doing so. We all know that it is only because of my greatness that so many of you have hopped on the “I am going to nominate myself” bandwagon. Don’t worry, it is okay to worship my trendy-ness. Heck, it will be okay when you guys tell members that it is okay for them to worship your trendy-ness in the years following this entry.

[/color]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="3"][B][I]WHAT is it?![/I][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]The Indigo Layout[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][I]WHY is it "Nifty"?![/I][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]It makes me feel oh-so mysterious as I venture into the OB. The dark colors defy the standards of the "web site". A complete color opposite of Facebook, Myspace, & HelloKitty.com, the Indigo Layout differentiates the OB from all of the other sites I normally go to.
Plus, the mountains are so pretty!!! :D[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][I]WHO is it?![/I][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Mr. Maul[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][I]WHY is he "Nifty"?![/I][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]My God, what ISN'T nifty about him? Six years of OB loyalty plus the humorous posts that make my heart smile are just a few of the "nifty" qualities he has. Not to mention his incredible [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=796498&postcount=10"][B]Event Master Audition[/B][/URL] & [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=800076&postcount=7"][B]Take On Censorship[/B][/URL]. Plus, I met him, & we got in a [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=801135&postcount=21"][B]car accident[/B][/URL]. All in all, Mr. Maul is just nifty, & he has great taste in music![/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][I]WHO is it?![/I][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Darren[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][I]WHY is he "Nifty"?![/I][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Because he's almost as pretty as Sandy, & that makes me smile. :D[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][I]WHAT is it?![/I][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]The Official OtakuBoards Whine Day![/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][I]WHY is it "Nifty"?![/I][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Because some things just had to be said, & this was the thread to say them in.[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

[b]What is it?[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=782473&postcount=55][u]This post here[/u][/url]. And the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57470&highlight=love&page=4][u]context[/u][/url], if necessary.

[b]Why is it nifty?[/b] Well, have you read the OB rules? There's a little part in there that says, "In general we encourage all members to post coherently; it doesn?t really matter how big or small your posts are, as long as they are clear and relevant to the discussion." It's tough to b& just for incoherence - it's a bit like arresting someone for cruising in the passing lane. In this case, though, the boards had been under siege by this thug for weeks - last I checked he was averaging more than [i]six[/i] posts a day, each as long and gnomic as the previous. It was causing more headaches than a whole platoon of advertising bots. The post linked above is where James finally pulls the trigger on Captain Prolix, to the immediate relief of... well, just about everyone. Had this not happened we would still, to this day, be getting dozens of posts a week on topics varying from why the zombies in I Am Legend are actually Nietzsche's ubermenschen to how no one on the boards appreciates the brilliance of "real" creativity - and I (and a lot of people, I think) would have long since left.

Anyways, tl;dr. This b& is the post/event from this year that, to me, best exemplifies the most basic ideal of the O-boards: if you aren't willing to actually [i]communicate[/i] with anyone, then you probably shouldn't be here.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]What is it?[/B] Charles

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Earlier this year, there seemed to be a lot of people who wanted OB to change for the better, but their ideals were all different. In contrast to a member like Mitch who only made things worse and was horribly misguided, Charles found interesting, fun, and intelligent ways to make OB life more exciting. His collaborative RP with Shy which covered all of OB as use for it, while controversial at times, created great fun, and Charles was adamant in doing as many cool things as possible to breathe life into OB in 07.

[B]What is it?[/B] The Administrators

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Dagger and Desbreko are the two most helpful people around. And I'm totally not just picking them because they're the only other otaku around >.> Both of them have a wealth of knowledge and power which they only ever use for good, both are obviously intelligent and honestly perfect for their positions (which is probably why they have those positions). Their existence is principal enough to not vote for any mods, IMO :p

[B]What is it? [/B]The Panopticon Underground

[B]Why is it nifty? [/B]Aside from being the single all-time largest underground thread (I know, I've checked) it was the most fun I've probably ever had on Otakuboards. I also think it helped make underground threads more popular, since before it, it was rare for an underground thread to have more than a handful of posts, and with this one reigning at 608, it led to more and more lengthy undergrounds (just look in the backstage to see what I mean). The Panopticon would not have been nearly as exciting or dramatic without the underground. We laughed, we cried and we became family (literally, half the participants of that rp became close friends with me afterward). The underground even went on longer than the rp itself, going on to have it's very own award show. And what's more, there was even an audience as large for the underground as there was for the main thread! I think that anyone who participated in the underground will remember it fondly and rather well. For me, it dramatically revitalized my interest in OB, especially in RPs.

[B]What is it?[/B] 21st Century Digital Boy

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Honestly, can you imagine how boring it would be here without him? I will admit, DigitalBoy isn't necessary for a happy OB - the site has many great members, but things only get stimulated among them every so often. Digitalboy is a constantly moving discussion machine - even when he's posting at a minimum, he's posting ridiculously frequently, and on days where OB is otherwise dead, he's the one keeping the momentum going. There are a number of problems with digital boy, namely that he can be immature at times, and that his weird following of corruptive little pests are always getting on peoples' nerves (though that's not really his fault, but he gets blamed for it XD) but I think that he makes it up with his hardcore devotion to the boards and always willing to help make it more exciting and upbeat. One cannot deny his contributions to the site over the past year and the discussion conjured for better or worse. And besides, he totally would have been the winner of the OB Hall of Fame if the thread hadn't died XD.

[B]What is it?[/B] The Otaku Times

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] It wasn't the first OB newspaper, it probably won't be the last, and whether it was the best is up to the members to decide. However, I think the OB Newspaper was one of the most well-produced and well-designed events of 07, and had it been more successful could have become an OB staple. [/COLOR]

[size=1][b]What is it?[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57362]Guide to Becoming an Internet Superstar at OtakuBoards - An Essay[/url]

[b]Why was it Nifty?[/b] This thread was kind of like an anti-Nifty Fifty in the sense that it glorified a lot of OB cliches that have always plagued the site (and always will plague the site.) Even if they're terribly annoying, it's nice to have a comprehensive list of these archtypes for future generations to exploit. Plus, Dead's tongue-in-cheek humor is always worth a nod.

[b]What is it?[/b] Utah

[b]Why was it Nifty?[/b] In addition to being the 45th state of the union, the Beehive State is home to several of the year's most noteworthy members. Sunfall, indifference, Rachmaninoff, Aaryanna and Mom have time and again proven their value to the community with their positive attitudes, keen intellects and strong writing ability. Their posts provide much needed stability to a community that is constantly rocked by drama of all sorts.

[b]What is it?[/b] Naps the Cat and Ultra-Fun

[b]Why was it Nifty?[/b] Originally created as a joke, Naps the Cat went on to become a martyr. His banning, the result of a language barrier, proved incredibly controversial and led to several radical changes to the site's rules.

Following Naps' banning James posted a site-wide announcement reminding the community that it was okay for them to enjoy themselves on OB. Fun may be dead, but Ultra-Fun will live on forever.

[b]What was it?[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57242]Hentai and Bigger Stuff![/url]

[b]Why was it Nifty?[/b] Easily the most controversial thread of the year (and the largest Suggestions thread of all time,) Raiha created a heated debate about the merits of hentai and larger signatures. Almost immediately the thread caught fire, and soon the entire site was arguing about the subject. Other stes would have closed the topic immediately, but OB's willingness to entertain these kinds of suggestions is what makes it great.

[b]What was it?[/b] [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57263]Movie Limericks[/url]

[b]Why was it Nifty?[/b] [strike]Even though she rarely posts, Sara continues to create the most original, creative and clever threads on the boards.[/strike] She actually stole this idea from another forum, but you weren't clever enough to steal it, were you?

[b]What was it?[/b] Nerdsy

[b]Why was it Nifty?[/b] Otaku Historian Nerdsy has brought smiles to children of all ages. He's kind of like an evolved version of Digitalboy, because he posts constantly but doesn't annoy anyone.

More to follow, as always.

-Shy[/size]

o yo[COLOR="77656"][B]What is it? Naps the Cat
Why is it Nifty? [/B]Naps helped bring a small joke into a bigger picture that led to ULTRA-FUN. Naps was also the symbol of the Final Quest for Glory RPG, and the feline freind also became an OB mascot. I mean, if I were you I'd pet that *****.

[B]What is it? 2008Digitalboy
Why is it nifty?[/B] Well, I'm not just nomitnating him because he's my friend, but I'm nominating him because he's part of OB. He's contributed RPGs, stories, anime discussions (semteimes about little girls >_>) and eh even doesn't care about those members that despise him truly. And for those of you who despise him without any remorse, why?

[B]What is it? Premonition
Wy is it Nifty? [/B]IK, me abd DB are selfish, but I think I'm a valuable asset to OB. I mean I'm easy to burn and I'm easy to laugh at, hell, I can even make a new member look liek an oldie because of my sometimes horrible attitude and grammar. I like DB, have haters left and right, and I have pepople that treat me respectfully. Besides, you need a little Premoniton once and a while.

[B]What is it? The Banning of The Beast & Mitch[/B]
[B]Why is it Nifty?[/B] I hated that guy in all honesty. He was up for the RPG and that was all he should have been here for. I mean, how many times has he been banned? the same with Mitch, my god those two would ahve made a great couple. But their bannng were different. Mitch hated OB, and his views were vaguely annoying , and The Beast was a smart-*** trash talking moron. Excuse my language too, btw.

[B]What is it? The Super Utah Mod Squad & Their Mom[/B]
[B]Why is it Nifty?[/B] I've always wanted to call them that but never found the right time to. Anyways, these mods are some of the best members I've crossed paths with on OB. Indiff, Aaryanna, Rahc, SunfallE, Aaryanna_Mom (or Kathy as she is also known by) are great members, not to mention polite and fun. [spoiler]Except when they poke... it's like death tapping on your arm.[/spoiler][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][B]What is it?[/B]
I'll stick with DB on this one and say [B]The Panopticon: Underground Thread[/B]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
It really was groundbreaking in the sense that an RPG should never be that stressful. [SPOILER](However, where Panopticon was causing stress because of continuity, the Ragnarok has succeeded in stressing me out because of frustration)[/SPOILER] And it was always fun to make a simple comment, and watch everone self-destruct. Seriously, by the 50th post, you couldn't say anything without someone interpreting it a different way and pretty much reigning down all their fiery wrath upon you.

And while I generally stayed out of the arguments that took place. (Mostly because I wast too busy trying to win the game. :animecry:) I agree with DB that the underground held a large audience and has set the base for newer backstage threads (as they're called now) to be bigger and better.

[B]What is it?[/B]
[B]Sandy's Art[/B]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
Duh. Because it's from Sandy and it's actually very good. Especially that piece he created for the Ragnarok. It took the "Draw My Character" thread to a whole new level seeing as we only described our characters instead of drawing our own version. Visionary!

And while I'm on the topic...
[B]What is it?[/B]
[B]Death Card Series[/B]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
Because the death card series defines every aspect of niftiness. So far, it has accompanied four installments to the series and has played host to a variety of elemnts that OB RPGs had not seen previously. Not to mention, it's brought some noteriety to newer members with their participation. And it was cool enough to receive the name "The Death Card Series" Obviously, just by my number of nominations revolving around the series, you can tell how much I enjoy it. Probably too much, but eh. :smirk:[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#8B008B][B]What is it?[/B] The Graphic Worm
[B]Why is it NIFTY?[/B] The Graphic Worm is an art project started by former Art Studio Moderator [B]Retribution[/B]. He brought this idea to OtakuBoards and instantly it became a favoured project among graphic artists. The concept of this project was to juxtapose images so they appeared to be one piece. It brought many talented graphic artists to the table and some new; each bringing his own talents. This idea easily traveled into 2007 and now resides in 2008. More than likely, it’ll continue on into 2009.

[B]Who is it?[/B] Retired Staff Members
[B]Why are they NIFTY?[/B] They’ve warned and cleaned; they’ve scanned and moderated. These members dedicated their free time to help enforce OB’s rules and to help lost members understand what was going on. Arcadia, DeathKnight, Peanut, and so on and so forth each gave what they could before taking their leave for whatever reason. These members, though retired, were given great power, not because of their status or their relationships with other staff members; they were given their ranks because of what they did in the OB.

More to come later.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Revelation'][SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b008b][B]What is it?[/B] [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=54015"]The Complaint[/URL]
[B]Why is it NIFTY?[/B] Created by [B]silpheedpilot[/B], at the time of thread known as [B]AC!D!C[/B]; it was a thread that created a fire in the OtakuBoards. It wasn?t put out quickly nor was it ignored. This fire spread and people caught on to what was going on, their eyes opening to certain things that have been swept under the rug. Due to this thread, the OB have had several mishaps but overall because of this thread, there have been efforts to create a better OB. Understandable that the Staff has been trying, but with the help of [B]The Complaint[/B], Staff has been trying HARDER than before.
[Though I could be wrong about this entire thing. So sue me.][/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote] Wrong year. The Complaint already made it in last year's 50, but for a much sounder reason:

[quote=Nifty Fifty '07][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000]"It reminds me of that part in The Truman Show where someone accidentally opens a false wall allowing Truman to see a group of secretive people with mysterious doings. Except in this thread, the wall fell over because one of the people in the room was bumbling around scratching his ***, then when it was open everyone started yelling at him and everyone on the outside saw it and started laughing until the ones on the inside started throwing hissy fits at them and finally just took off their paper hats and disbanded their secret club.

"So you can see the similarity there, I think."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[quote=taperson][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=3][B][I]WHO is it?![/I][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Mr. Maul[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][B][I]WHY is he "Nifty"?![/I][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]My God, what ISN'T nifty about him? Six years of OB loyalty plus the humorous posts that make my heart smile are just a few of the "nifty" qualities he has. Not to mention his incredible [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=796498&postcount=10"][B]Event Master Audition[/B][/URL] & [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=800076&postcount=7"][B]Take On Censorship[/B][/URL]. Plus, I met him, & we got in a [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=801135&postcount=21"][B]car accident[/B][/URL]. All in all, Mr. Maul is just nifty, & he has great taste in music![/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]I'd like to second the nomination.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Who is it?

Adam

Why is he nifty?

Why not? Without him, no Otakuboards, no TheOtaku, no MyOtaku--nor even the FUNDS to keep the forums and the sites going. He is one of the most devoted web developers I have ever seen.

Who is it?

Desbreko aka Dessy =3

Why is he nifty?

He is the only staff with super nad powers. He is a video game guru. Also, he has the most stalkers in the history of this site, (besides Juu I think) and he has long hair. 'nuff said.[/SIZE]

[quote name='John']Wrong year. The Complaint already made it in last year's 50, but for a much sounder reason:[/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]Well, shows just how much I actually pay attention, now doesn't it? Anyways, thanks for clearing that up. I need to start paying attention more. >_<;;;[/size][/color]

[B]Jeremiahs Nominations:[/B]

[B]
Who is it?[/B]
Rachmaninoff

[B]Why is he nifty?[/B]

See Aaryanna_Mom's post. She says it better than I could!

[B]What is it?[/B]
Final Quest for Glory 2!

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

Because it is an RPG that encouraged it's members to take the game into the forum at large. Wether you were a terrorist or an agent out to stop them, you were at home as much in the game thread as you were taking it to the Caption Contest.

It was the first RPG to be run after the Naps the Cat saga, which had a definite influence on the game, it was the game that took the concept of Ultra-Fun to new levels and gave rise to the return of the !Padded Room Paryi

But what really made the game was the innocent OB members who were ignorant of the game and were bemused by the impact of it on the forum at large. Case in point; the "Hentai and Bigger Stuff!" thread.

More soon!

I'm sure I'll have more later, but I'll at least get started on my nominations for this year. :catgirl:

[B]Who is it?[/B] Rachmaninoff

[B]Why is he nifty?[/B] Because he sets a good example in so many ways, from having good points in his arguments, to treating new members with respect when they have repetitive questions, to starting threads and being active in so many areas of the boards. Ever since he joined, he's been an exceptional member in all that he does, making him more than nifty in my opinion.

[B]Who is it?[/B] James

[B]Why is he nifty?[/B] [quote name='James'][color=olive]The site doesn't [i]need[/i] hentai, pure and simple. If you want something sexual, there is plenty of stuff out there to service you. I'm obviously never going to debase OtakuBoards like that.[/color][/QUOTE]That quote says it all. His devotion to keeping OtakuBoards a quality site open to all ages speaks for itself, making him one of, if not the most nifty member here.

[B]Who is it?[/B] Shy

[B]Why is he nifty?[/B] [quote name='Shy'][size=1]I'm Shy. I'm a 21 year-old college student who has been living on my own for almost a year. I created Thread Ratings while also participating in one of the most graphic RPGs to date. More to the point, I regularly consume alcoholic beverages and have engaged in irresponsible sex countless times. I DON'T WANT CURSING IN MY GODDAMN ARENA, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT IT OFFENDS 8 YEAR OLDS.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]As the quote shows when he was part of the campaign to remove swearing from the boards, everything he has done has always been with the good of OtakuBoards in mind.

who is it? 2008digitialboy

why is he nifty? wel I think he is nifty because of how much he contributes to OB, and it does seem like people give him a lot of crap, and he just takes it. Another reason, he's really cool can you say you've met a cooler guy, (well maybe) but on OB he is the guy me and my friends talk about often, not in the i want to punch him so hard kind of way but the, he's kinda creepy in the enjoys "small anime girls" way.
so i think *cough*2007digitialboy*cough* 2008digitialboy would be a great choice.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]What is it? The "Mainstream vs Individualism" thread

Why is it nifty? Besides being one of my creations, it's probably one of the most argued about threads in my recent memory, and the simple fact that people showed how one sided they could be on an argument. None of this "well as long as it doesn't hurt me, I don't care." sort of things, just plain out debate over a really vagueand convoluted issue. Nevertheless, it was a brilliant discussion and provided fodder for my awesome signature (THANKS INDIFERENCE). Plus I haven't been quoted so many times in one thread in my entire life. I felt the indignance and the love in that one. They both made me all tingly inside.

Who is it? The Utah Crew

Why are they nifty? They are the best squad of mods I've ever seen. For my money, I think Aaryana_Mom should join their ranks too. She is good at moderation already, since she has her daughter to moderate everyday :animesmil ....I have the upmost respect for all the Utah crew too. Props to ya Rach, SunfallE, Aaryanna and Majah...and all others.

Who is it? James

Why is he nifty? Cause James is one of the most active site directors ever. Not only does he work on the site and the otaku network, but he also takes time to be personal with his members and post on the issues within the subjects covered in the threads. James has my utmost respect on all fronts. He's just plain out nifty. Dude oozes nifty....lol

Who is it? 2008 Digital Boy

Why is he nifty? He is plain out cool, weird, abrasive, and sometimes annoying...but DB is one of the fixtures of this site. OB would be boring without him sometimes, cause most of us can agree on most things. But DB begs to differ. He's always honest about his stance on things, and I can appreciate that. Not a whole lot of people can practice what they preach, but I don't get that Vibe from DB...plus the dude has watched more Anime than I could probably name....respect.

Who is it? Korey

Why am I nifty? Not to be vain, but I'd like to nominate myself...not a whole lot of people converse with me, but I think we could say I'm nifty cause I make a point to be nice to everyone I meet and I try to help people the best I can from my position as a member (I've PMed many a new member and reminded them of little things to help them become better members). I would also care to venture that I am willing to do anything to help others in need...no matter if it's advice or something trivial like opening a jar of pickels (you're welcome Mayor of Townsville)...so I guess that makes me nifty.[/FONT]

[color=crimson]What is it?

Nominating yourself to be nifty.

Why is it nifty?

You rock. You know you rock. When you look in the mirror, your reflection speaks in a sultry tone "hello there, sexy beast". Members of the opposite sex usually give you lustful winks. Your comrades online and in real life are always slapping their knees at your humor. Cute, defenseless children come to you for advice on how to escape the rigors of life. Yes, overall you are a super sexy, wise, charming, and valuable member of society.

Your time on OtakuBoards has been full of adventures, schemes, mischief, and overall awesomeness that can only be described in multi volume novels. You are very certain that other people are aware of how important you are to them, yet a small part of you wants to make sure that you are properly recognized for how superb you really are. With that in mind, you take the time to write about yourself and, surprisingly, your review of yourself is a glowing account of a sexy, wise, and important person - you!

Give yourself a pat on the back, you are definitely nifty to such a degree that it cannot be left to anyone else to say it.[/color]

Who is it?

Ken.

Why is he nifty?

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]What is it?

Nominating yourself to be nifty.

Why is it nifty?

You rock. You know you rock. When you look in the mirror, your reflection speaks in a sultry tone "hello there, sexy beast". Members of the opposite sex usually give you lustful winks. Your comrades online and in real life are always slapping their knees at your humor. Cute, defenseless children come to you for advice on how to escape the rigors of life. Yes, overall you are a super sexy, wise, charming, and valuable member of society.

Your time on OtakuBoards has been full of adventures, schemes, mischief, and overall awesomeness that can only be described in multi volume novels. You are very certain that other people are aware of how important you are to them, yet a small part of you wants to make sure that you are properly recognized for how superb you really are. With that in mind, you take the time to write about yourself and, surprisingly, your review of yourself is a glowing account of a sexy, wise, and important person - you!

Give yourself a pat on the back, you are definitely nifty to such a degree that it cannot be left to anyone else to say it.[/color][/QUOTE]

Who is it?
Raiha

Why is she nifty?

First and foremost, because she's Raiha. Secondly, because she's Raiha.

Who is it?

Nerdsy

Why is he nifty?

Because he's still so nerdsy.

Who is it?

Justin

Why is he nifty?

Because he's going to completely ignore all self-nominations when forming the finalized Nifty Fifty 08.

Who is it?

Charles

Why is he nifty?

Because he's a terrorist that fights terrorism. A rebel against the anti-establishment establishment. And I like that.

Who is it?

Shy

Why is he nifty?

Because if I fought him in an epic battle for the ages to fulfill ancient prophecy, I'd lose. And any member that could defeat me in an epic battle for the ages to fulfill ancient prophecy is surely the niftiest among the nifty.

Who is it?

Jake

Why is he nifty?

Besides the fact that he posted the only farewell thread I've ever seen go unmolested by the Staff, he was also Otaku's own heavy metal guru. And, in spite of what some say, he did try to be patient with lesser minded individuals.

-Justin

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B]Who is it?[/B]
DeathKnight

[B]Why is he nifty?[/B]
Because he's a fluffy owl.

[B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/otakupedia/?p=92"]Deathknight?s Hierarchy of Arguers[/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
Because it pokes fun at discussions here at OtakuBoards and gives a humorous look at how people often fall into those discussions and their designated place at OtakuBoards, including the infamous Rat Boy aka 2008DigitalBoy.

[B]Who is it?[/B]
Sandy

[B]Why is he nifty?[/B]
Because he walks the line of being fun to rpg with and yet having you wanting to reach through the screen and slap him silly so well. And because in the end, when it comes down to it, he doesn't give up and that is definitely nifty.

[B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57681"]The Challenge: A Survivor Story[/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
It's an OtakuBoards fan fiction that's based on a dream no less! Making it unique, fun and nifty all in one. Plus it ends with Sandy being locked in a thread with rabid fan girls.

[B]Who is it?[/B]
Gavin

[B]Why is he nifty?[/B]
Because he's Irish? Or is it because he's still one of the politest members around? Personally I think it's because he's a good rpger and often has good points to add to the various discussions around the boards.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][B]Who is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=26538"][U]BKstyles[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is he nifty?[/B]
Very few people make me smile and laugh as much as BKstyles does. He's a great debater as well as an excellent rpger, but the real thing that makes him nifty is how down to earth and fun he is to talk to.

[B]Who is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=30155"][U]Allamorph[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is he nifty?[/B]
Because he walks a very fine line between having excellent points when debating, good rpg skills, while cleverly trolling on the side. That and his literal minded nature always cracks me up.

[B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58038"][U]The Ragnarok[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
Never has an rpg been such a complete and total roller coaster ride between fun and annoying. Not only was it unique for putting a new spin on the death card series here at OtakuBoards, it is the [I]only[/I] rpg that has simultaneously been entertaining as well as equally frustrating. To the point that if I had a death card I would have killed my own character just to escape!

[B]What is it?[/B]
The OB version upgrade

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
For all the new shiny features that make posting as well as moderation so much easier. It felt like we went from the dark ages into the future when we gained the ability to turn off the automatic pop up asking if one wanted to request a pm receipt. It's likely that the removal of that annoying function saved OB from destruction at the hands of it's members.

[B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=765986&postcount=44"][U]HOPELESS[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
Not only is the story about Sandy being a psychotic killer, it was amazing to see only three members: Aaryanna, Darren and Anomaly, put together such a great story for the short play challenge in the rpg OtakuBoards Survivor 4. That and the brutal manner of my own death in the story still creeps me out to this day.

[B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=56992"][U]Community Anthology Thread[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
It was an effort to get people to work together by posting short stories and poems while also encouraging comments and feedback. The inclusiveness of the idea made checking out new poems and stories fun since so many unique and different styles were present in the same thread.

[B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58058"][U]Otakuboards eBay[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
For being one of the silliest threads I've ever seen. I mean where else other than OtakuBoards could one blatantly steal aspects of a member's profile or name or even the very member themselves and turn around and sell them to someone else? [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I'm sure I'll have more later, but this will do for a start:

[B]Who is it?[/B]
2008DigitalBoy & Premonition

[B]Why are they nifty?[/B]
They?re like the yin and yang of self obsession and attention seeking members at OB. And yet together they are so ridiculous at times that you can?t help but laugh at them. They bring a lot of needed hilarity to the boards in the form of the Rat Boy along with his faithful follower.

[B]Who is it?[/B]
GuyYouMetOnline

[B]Why is he nifty?[/B]
He?s an often overlooked active player who helps to keep the Theater alive with much needed participation and dedication to the rpg?s he?s a part of. He, along with many of the oldie rpgers, are what keep the Theater going strong.

[B]Who is it?[/B]
Newbies

[B]Why are they nifty?[/B]
Because without them OB would have died and faded to ashes long ago. They are the very life blood of OB. From those silly spammers who give the moderators work to do, to those who continue on and become quality contributors to the site. We?d be lost without you.

[B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58120"]Views on self pleasure[/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
Because it was one of the weirdest threads posted last year. That and watching teenage boys talking about masturbation was funnier than hell. [/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=765986&postcount=44"][U]HOPELESS[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
Not only is the story about Sandy being a psychotic killer, it was amazing to see only three members: Aaryanna, Darren and Anomaly, put together such a great story for the short play challenge in the rpg OtakuBoards Survivor 4. That and the brutal manner of my own death in the story still creeps me out to this day. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I agree whole-heartedly... Not to mention the fact that we won the challenge with that.

[size=1][b]What is it?[/b]
The [i]Search this Thread[/i] function.

[b]Why is it Nifty?[/b]
So you can look for your own name in "Who Would You Like To Meet" threads, "Nifty Fifty"s, OtakuBoards parodies, the "Guide to Becoming an Internet Superstar at OtakuBoards - An Essay" thread and more! :)

Oh and I'd like to make an [b]anti[/b]-vote on:
[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"][B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58120"]Views on self pleasure[/URL] [/COLOR][/QUOTE][/size]

[B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57056"][U]The 50 Themes of Art Studio[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
It was one of the more unique and fun threads to grace the Art Studio as it was open for all kinds of art and all kinds of members to join. From beautiful works done on the computer to handmade quilts, it was definitely a nifty idea.

[B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57464"][U]The Otaku Times[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
It?s an excellently put together paper for the boards, tackling each section as well as being open to all members for contributions.

[B]What is it?[/B][URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=56280"][U]
OtakuBoards Survivor 4[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
Because it?s one of the more unique rpg?s to come to OB. Instead of relying on standard role-playing it used a combination of team projects, debates and even artistic assignments to bring everyone together for a battle to be the final survivor.

[B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=56080"][U]Silver One[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
It was the first rpg I ever joined and arguably one of the best as well. It took elements of sci-fi and weaved it together in a comprehensive story that still left room for the players to have fun with their own ideas.

[B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57622"][U]User Names: Because Repeat Threads Are Good For You![/U][/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
Because like the title says, repeat threads [I]are[/I] good for you.

[B]What is it?[/B]
Nifty New Titles for OtakuBoards

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
Because they make the site seem more like a city and therefore a community as well. Plus there?s just something inherently fun about having a [I]Red Light District[/I].

[B]What is it?[/B]
The Information Kiosk

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
It?s one of the coolest spots on the boards. Where else can you get changes to allow favorite threads in the directories, a change in the lounge description as well more room for signature images? It?s nifty in that OB is always open for improvement.

[B]What is it?[/B]
The [I]New Member[/I] Title

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
Because it?s one of the coolest titles out there and you only get to have that for a mere fifty posts. Seeing those members who?ve just joined is a fun and essential part of watching OB grow and it will in my opinion, always be nifty to see.

[B]Who is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=8730"][U]Panda[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is she nifty?[/B]
Because she?s a sweetheart and still one of the nicest members around.

[B]Who is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=10255"][U]Anomaly[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is she nifty?[/B]
She?s down to earth, funny, and a fun person to work with. From advice on how to write a rap song to working together on song lyrics and doing an rpg together with our other teammates for OtakuBoards Survivor 4... She?s one of the niftiest friends I?ve made this year.