OtakuBoards

What Will Your Tombstone Say?

Raiha

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]After knocking about several graveyards in the name of 'Anthropological Studies' as well as to fulfill a pointlessly painful exercise for my classes this past quarter, I discovered that the older the graves got, the better the epitaphs engraved on the tombstones.

Catharine Jamison: "Demure At Last."

And this woman died in the early 1900s.

So I was wondering when you die, will you have specified what you want as your epitaph? I know what I want, since Isaac Asimov already said it.

D'Ann: "Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I want mine to say something funny, but everyone stole the funny epitaphs (Like "I told you I was sick!").

So I might just stick with my modified-in-life-catch phrase: "Here lies Goat. Yes, that's what I said. Goat."

[B]EDIT:[/B] Actually, no, I don't often lay anywhere. "Here [i]stands[/i] Goat. Yes, that's what I said. Goat."[/SIZE]

[font=arial][size=2]I would like to be cremated and spread somewhere like the ocean but I guess most people prefer to be stuck in the ground in coffins. Yuck.

I'd probably have something funny...like [url=http://www.quotemountain.com/sayings/funny_tombstone_sayings.html]these[/url] ones. [/size][/font]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="1234"]Does that mean? Allamorph is a god?!

[B]"Here lies Premonition, killed by DB, Allamorph and Darren."[/B]

Read one of my posts from The Abyss sign-ups thread and you'll get it.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]No it means like everyone else, once he's dead he won't know if he has a grave marker or not since it will be someone else making that final decision. :p In the end, I haven't given it a thought since I don't really care what it says. I'll be dead so it's not like I'll be around to object. lol

Though if it follows standard family practice which is that most of us already have plots in a nearby cemetery so we'll all be buried together... I'll probably end up having some silly religious quote put on there by my siblings or other family members.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']No it means like everyone else, once he's dead he won't know if he has a grave marker or not since it will be someone else making that final decision. :p In the end, I haven't given it a thought since I don't really care what it says. I'll be dead so it's not like I'll be around to object. lol

Though if it follows standard family practice which is that most of us already have plots in a nearby cemetery so we'll all be buried together... I'll probably end up having some silly religious quote put on there by my siblings or other family members.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="1234"]Well, what if you were a ghost Rach? I'm sure you'd care, wouldn't you! Your case seems so invalid. I mean, you didn't take into consideration that you could end up haunting the place with your restless soul? And if you were a ghost, and you did care, you'd haunt the person or persons responsible for the grave's quitations; who would be your parents. Your ghost wouldn't take the shame of a quote you find awful and unust, you'd take out your anger and kill the person whodunnit.

Sorry I've been playing too Much Phoenix Wright >_>[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="1234"]Well, what if you were a ghost Rach? I'm sure you'd care, wouldn't you! Your case seems so invalid. I mean, you didn't take into consideration that you could end up haunting the place with your restless soul? And if you were a ghost, and you did care, you'd haunt the person or persons responsible for the grave's quitations. Your ghost wouldn't take the shame of a quote you find awful and unust, you'd take out your anger and kill the person whodunnit.

Sorry I've been playing too Much Phoenix Wright >_>[/COLOR][/QUOTE]You have been playing too much Phoenix Wright, plus I don't believe in ghosts. Or the idea of taking vengeance over a silly quote, even if it was nasty or mean. Maybe you'd murder someone, but the rest of us? lol

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]All I care is that there isn't some tacky picture of one of the LDS Temples on the headstone like there is for my brother. XP That and I don't want a [I]"Beloved daughter of so and so"[/I] since my mother is far from loving. Other than that I don't have a quote or saying in mind.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="1234"]I still don't get it >_>

[B]"Moose.... Indian..."[/B] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]"Here lies Prem...died of mispelling someone's name"
or how about...

"Here lies Korey...he was right, we were wrong, we strung him up and now he's gone...."[/FONT]

[quote name='Premonition'][color=1234]Does that mean? Allamorph is a god?![/color][/quote]
[font=Arial]Hardly.

Ideally, my remains will be torched on a funeral pyre so that there [i]are[/i] no remains. If one of my family wishes to shove a sword into the ground where my body was burnt, that'd be fine; but other than that, I want nothing.

Besides, having a no-longer-occupied corpse preserved in an airtight metal box until it decomposes seems rather too silly, especially considering the expense. Heck, they even charge you out the rear for a "green" funeral, which would otherwise be an acceptable alternative. I'd rather just build my own coffin; the lumber and nails can be bought at Lowe's for much less than any old casket.

But no. I want to be burnt. Not crematedâ??burnt.[/font] Edited by Allamorph

I am hoping for a death that involves explosive force, so I don't have a body requiring disposal.

Though if I am not blown up, hopefully I will be burned, and my ashes poured into the hollow wall of my workshop, near the forge so I can toast mah buns as a ghost.

@Allamorph: Your ashes would become mixed with those of the funeral pyre, there would still be some form of remains. Even the hottest fire leaves an ash.