OtakuBoards

Every Movie You've Watched in 2008

Shinmaru

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"][b]Bourne Ultimatum[/b] - Finally, after 3 long impatient months, I got to see BU. By far, this is my favorite movie of 2007. But then again I'm pretty bias when it comes to the Bourne series. I thought it had a good ending, although, it did leave me questioning a few things, such as: [spoiler]Everyone involved in the Blackbriar incident, did they go to jail or what?[/spoiler] I know they leave that type of stuff for you to figure out. (They do that stuff a lot in Law & Order SVU) I probably have to watch it again because I probably didn't hear everything. (kind of hard when there's constant talking during movies in this house.)

[b]Mr. and Mrs. Smith[/b] - Another good movie. I didn't think Brad Pitt could be funny and random. It's probably just me, because straight faces tends to crack me up. I'm not one that really cares about being romantically involved and whatnot, but I can imagine being in a relationship just like that. I think that'd be a lot of fun. A shoot out with your wife can be an adrenaline pumper. (Don't mind me, I'm just weird that way lol) XD Ok, I'll stop now.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been way too long since I did this...

[b]Tombstone[/b]: Good stuff. Val Kilmer is an awesome Doc Holliday, and Kurt Russell is pretty good, too, especially when Wyatt Earp kicks into [spoiler]Super Revenge Mode.[/spoiler]

[b]Jurassic Park (Rifftrax)[/b]: Still a good movie. Makes for a solid Rifftrax too. Definitely buy it if you're a fan of Weird Al Yankovic.

[b]No Country for Old Men[/b]: I like the book; this is incredibly faithful to it. The mood is perfect throughout - quiet, subdued, letting the tension speak for itself. Javier Bardem is one scary ************. I've heard people go either way about the ending, but it makes sense to me. [spoiler]Sheriff Bell is defeated, and he knows it. It's the reason he's retiring - he just can't keep up with the evil and cruelty of what he sees as a changing world. His dream at the end reflects that. Bell's father is riding into the cold with a horn of fire, ready to burn away the frost with his son ... but nothing comes of it because Bell wakes up. There's no heroic conclusion for him. It's just a desperate wish.[/spoiler]

[b]Juno[/b]: Continuing watching the Best Picture nominees. The movie's like five million times more adorable than I expected it to be lol. I was a bit put off by the heavy amount of random slang, though. Makes sense because they're teenagers, and God knows my friends and I said a lot of stupid **** when we were teenagers (of course we still say a bunch of stupid ****...), but it's just weird to hear it in a movie, I suppose. Can't say it takes away much from the movie, and it's not as though it makes Juno unlikable or anything. She's someone anybody could get behind. [strike]Like Paulie Bleeker.[/strike]

[b]Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Rifftrax)[/b]: Finally got around to buying this one. Neil Patrick Harris is [i]by far[/i] the best guest riffer I've heard (aside from Kevin and Bill, of course, though I wouldn't count them as guests). He's got tons of funny lines, great timing, and he adds some real acting talent to it (listening to them, you can tell why Mike has made his living as a writer, while Neil is the actor lol). If you're a fan of Rifftrax and you don't have this, you should buy the movie just for it.

[b]There Will Be Blood[/b]: Holy Jesus. Best movie from 2007. I'm pretty sure No Country for Old Men will win Best Picture, but I'm pulling for this. It's weird as hell (which I don't mind at all) and utterly mesmerizing from start to finish. Daniel Day-Lewis deserves all the acclaim he is getting and more. He's intense as hell as Daniel Plainview, and I'm not sure anyone else could have made all of Plainview's absurd eccentricities at all believable. Special shout out to the music Jonny Greenwood composed for the movie. It adds the perfect touch whenever it's used. The best description of it I've heard is that the music sounds as if it's straight out of a horror movie. Hard to disagree with that when you hear it going wild while [spoiler]Plainview is practically ripping the guts out of the ground digging a grave for his "brother," whom he shot dead in the previous scene.[/spoiler] I can't say enough good things about this movie - just see it if you haven't already.

Movie Count: 16 (Live Free and Die Hard, Time Bandits, The Hustler, Black Dragon (Miracles), Hollywoodland, Blood Diamond, Animal Crackers, Marie Antoinette, Inside Man, The Fountain, Tombstone, Jurassic Park (Rifftrax), No Country for Old Men, Juno, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Rifftrax), There Will Be Blood)

[font="trebuchet ms"] Awesome thread. :)

[b]Hot Fuzz[/b]: [size=5]BEST. MOVIE. EVER.[/size] Egdar Wright, Simon Pegg, marry me now. [spoiler]Or just let me have your kids.[/spoiler]

[b]Paris je t'aime[/b]: Rather disappointing. Of all the short movies, only several stand out (Gurinder Chadha, Coen Bros, Sylvain Chomet, Vincenzo Natali*), and the rest was either lackluster or just straight up boring. *Only because Elijah Wood was sort of hilarious in it. lol

[b]27 Dresses[/b]: The RomCom that tried but didn't really make it.

[b]A Very Long Engagement[/b]: I think Audrey Tautou felt very much out of her element in this movie. Compared to her performance in [b]Amelie[/b], her acting didn't really have a good spark. And other than the fact that Gaspard Ulliel is beautiful, this movie was just above average. Quirky, depressing, uplifting, well made, but nothing really tugged at my heart. If the director had cut out some scenes and focused more on the couple's relationship, it would have made a lasting impression.

[b]Le Dernier Jour[/b]: If ever there were a movie that moved too slowly and didn't even make up for it in the end, this is it.

[b]Dead Poets Society[/b]: Yes, I hadn't seen this movie until now (a tragedy), but I absolutely LOVED it. Robert Sean Leonard is just <3, and Ethan Hawke! The scene [spoiler]where Hawke's character impromptus a poem in front of the class[/spoiler] was simply amazing to me, and is probably one of my favorite movie scenes. I had a few qualms, like how [spoiler]Robert Sean Leonard's character's suicide was so dramatized and built-up to, because I think it could have been more effective as a shorter and emotional moment[/spoiler] and the slightly disappointing ending, but overall.... just loved it. :)

[b]Atonement[/b]: Meh. That's how I describe this movie, really. Sure, I teared up, but no lasting impression. It seems all very prettily and masterfully made in a superficial way, but nothing is really there behind it. The power of fiction? Maybe, but there wasn't enough [i]umph[/i] in Brioney's performance, or perhaps not enough emphasis, so it didn't really deliver. Joe Wright's other romance [b]Pride & Prejudice[/b] is far superior (not that [b]Atonement[/b] was strictly [i]romantic[/i]), and it is far from the best movie of the year. Speaking of which...

[b]Pride & Prejudice[/b]: For about the 8th time, and it's still the best romance ever.

[b]Juno[/b]: Props to Diablo Cody, but really? Not exactly the best movie ever. I guess I'm tired of the insane love this movie gets.

[i]Other Movies Seen[/i]:

[b]Vanity Fair
Sydney White
The Namesake
The Kite Runner
Shoot 'Em Up
Across the Universe
Bridget Jones's Diary[/b]

[i]Will be Seeing Soon:[/i]

[b]4 Months, 3 Weeks & 2 Days[/b]
[b]Be Kind Rewind[/b]
[b]There Will Be Blood[/b]
[b]Drillbit Taylor[/b] (only because I was invited to a screening for newspaper >_>)
[b]PERSEPOLIS[/B] *so excited for this film.
[b]The City of Lost Children
Bladerunner
21[/b]

[i]Movie Count[/i]: 16

[/font]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]
I also watched [B]Oldboy[/B], an awesome and trippy Korean movie that felt about twice it's 2-hour length. It was an excellent mix of suspense, action, and psychology with a dash of black comedy thrown in for good measure. One of the most well-written movies I'd say I've ever seen and the innumerable plot twists and mechanics are just too much fun. Really, really awkward moments, too.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] Just to add to the [b]Old Boy[/b] discussion: to me it was another sad but too common case of the Asian film that had hella awesome style but no substance. No modern Asian film I've seen so far has had richness of a good western film. The only ones that do and I can recount are old classics that probably aren't known to the current Asian "extreme" film fans, and only because my parents knew of them and showed them to me.[/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"] Awesome thread. :)

[b]Hot Fuzz[/b]: [size=5]BEST. MOVIE. EVER.[/size] Egdar Wright, Simon Pegg, marry me now. [spoiler]Or just let me have your kids.[/spoiler]

[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="1234"]I was just about to say.... Hot Fuzz is awesome. Watched at my brothers, 3 times, and that makes about... 10 views since I bought it. I think SImon Pegg is an amazing actor, and Nick Frost was funny as hell as usual. [spoiler]The whole katsup trick was funny as hell![/spoiler]

[B]Saw IV [/B]- My mom didn't want me to watch it, she said it was too gory. I loved it, tehonly scene I didn't like was the beginning scene with the autopsy table. It wasn't as good as the third Saw.

[B]Saw III [/B]- Watched this movie the day after I watched Saw IV, and I thought tis movie was really good. Shawnee Smith played her role great, and I've loved her ever since she was on Becker a few years back as the ditzy women at the clinic. Anyways, I really dug the story and the ending scene was a perfect get to gather, and the whole 'game' thing was pretty cool too.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"]Just to add to the [b]Old Boy[/b] discussion: to me it was another sad but too common case of the Asian film that had hella awesome style but no substance. No modern Asian film I've seen so far has had richness of a good western film. The only ones that do and I can recount are old classics that probably aren't known to the current Asian "extreme" film fans, and only because my parents knew of them and showed them to me.[/font][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]I completely agree. And like you, the ones with great substance and great style are the old classics that my parents showed me as well. Sometimes I think that Koreans should just stick to dramas or romance movies. Sometimes.

Anyways, here goes my second list:

[indent][B]D-Wars[/B] ? *shakes head* No comment, really.

[B]Cinderella Man[/B] ?The movie was filled with emotion but not overly flowing and Russell Crowe is an amazing actor.

[B]Phantom of the Opera [2004][/B] ? I?m not much of a fan for musicals but somehow this movie really appealed to me. It presented a blurring line between reality and fantasy within the movie and I think that?s what really caught my attention. It?s filled with all sorts of humor and if you like deranged men who rule opera houses, then I?d say this is the movie for you.

[B]Stomp The Yard[/B] ? The movie had its moments but it seemed like just another dance movie. I couldn?t seen anything more than that.

[B]Freedom Writers[/B] ? Of all of the movies that I?ve ever seen, there are three movies where I bawled like baby and one of those movies is [B]Freedom Writers[/B]. I was caught up in the emotions and lives of the characters that it felt like it was real. I mean, the movie was based on a true story, but it felt surreal. There?s a magnetic pull from this movie that makes you empathize with the characters and I think that?s what made this movie so real.

[B]Dead Silence[/B] ? Ventriloquist dolls, creepy silence, and a ghost that rips out tongues. It has that chilling effect and the cold atmosphere that seems to give you shivers even when you?re under a thick blanket. The movie was pretty decent for the most part but the ending reminded me of [B]The Grudge 2[/B]. [spoiler]Everyone died.[/spoiler] But I've got to admit that the ending was funny in its own strange way.[/indent]

And since I?m too lazy to write any more reviews, here?s the rest of the list:
[indent][B]Good Luck Chuck[/B]
[B]Van Helsing[/B]
[B]Norbit[/B]
[B]Queen of the Damned[/B]
[B]Zorro[/B]
[B]Blood and Chocolate[/B]
[B]Knocked Up[/B]
[B]Mr. and Mrs. Smith[/B]
[B]The Punisher[/B]
[B]Never Been Kissed[/B]
[B]Waitress[/B]
[B]Jumper[/B]
[B]The Matrix[/B]
[B]Serenity[/B]
[B]Domino[/B]
[B]Bourne Identity[/B]
[B]Tristan and Isolde[/B][/indent]

[i][B]Movie Count:[/B][/i] 27.[/size][/color]

[size=1][b]Pulp Fiction[/b] - Was okay. Had funny bits in it, but as a whole the movie wasn't very powerful, lacking storyline and all. Especially after hearing of everyone that it's one of their favourite movies, this was a really big disappointment. Actually, it makes me doubt many people's quality of taste.

[b]Music & Lyrics[/b] - Pretty standard Hugh Grant romcom, except this time with music in it!.. Yeah. I thought it was pretty good, especially with the ridiculous songs that were in it. The song that the movie is about was catchy enough, though the lyrics weren't too good.

Probably more, but I keep forgetting them... :([/size]

I'm just going to list movies i have seen for the first time this year since i do watch quite a few.

Cloverfield - BLEH

The Orphanage - Awesome both storytelling wise and visual look.

Diary of the Dead - Not as good as I was hoping but i still it enjoyed it very much, did a great job with what would happen first in a case of zombies.

Atonement - Honestly not as good as I was hoping, can't help but just feel like some lives are just RUINED from the get go.

Away from Her - Sad and heart wrenching like Atonement, but with makes up for it with a glimmer of hope and love.

Hitman - Random boobs, lots of guns and a no plot.

Sunshine - Looks gorgeous, no plot

Memoirs of a Geisha - Not nearly as good as I was hoping, costumes were cheap and the movie wasnt very authentic at all.

There Will Be Blood - Intense, and strongly written. The soundtrack will change film, i know that as a fact.

Juno - Sweet, dramatic and honest easily the most fun I have had at a movie in a long time.

Deliver us from Evil - A documentary about the Church turning a blind eye to the molestation of countless children. Took me two sittings to finish it, it was hard.

The Devil Wears Prada - typically not my type of movie, but it was surprisingly good.

Flannel Pajamas - An honest look at a lovely relationship that shows true love and the forces that press against it. The best movie about relationships I have ever seen.

4 months, 3 weeks and 2 days - A film about an illegal abortion in communist Romania. Man, this is not for the squeamish.

[font="trebuchet ms"]
[b]Blade Runner[/b]: Watched the Director's Cut as my first view...I literally watched this film one hour ago, lol. It has already started growing on me. I've been thinking about the movie so far, and while I haven't been able to completely wrap my head around it (I plan on watching it a second time) I think it was very well made. The atmosphere was just really good, and I was legitimately creeped out/paranoid the entire time.

[b]Drillbit Taylor[/b]: Lol, don't even think about watching this movie. Clearly the low point of Owen Wilson's career....

4 Months, 3 Weeks & 2 Days
Be Kind Rewind
There Will Be Blood
PERSEPOLIS *so excited for this film.
The City of Lost Children

[i]Movie Count[/i]: 18[/font]

[b]Rize:[/b] Documentary about Clowning and Krumping, two dance subcultures in Los Angeles. It's pretty interesting, and I like seeing how dedicated everyone is to finding themselves through dance and using it to escape the hard life of the streets. I was quasi-familiar with Krumping before I saw this, but Clowning is totally new to me lol.

[b]Born Into Brothels:[/b] Another documentary I watched for a class. This one follows a documentary photographer who goes to Calcutta to photograph prostitutes in the Red Light District and instead befriends some of the children there and attempts to better their lives by teaching them photography. It's definitely sad, but I think the debate behind it regarding whether the children were actually helped and whether the depiction of Sonagachi is fair is at least as interesting as the movie itself.

[b]Eastern Promises:[/b] Man, David Cronenberg is [i]really[/i] getting close to the point where his movies are guaranteed awesome no matter what. Interesting depiction of the Russian Mafia and how far one can go to do the "right thing." Any other year Viggo Mortensen probably would have been the odds-on favorite for the Best Actor Oscar; he's very commanding, and by the end of the movie, every move he's made gains an intense new meaning. Great stuff.

[b]Gone Baby Gone:[/b] Horribly depressing (not totally unexpected from the writer of [i]Mystic River[/i] lol), but it kept my attention from start to finish. The plot moves very well from point to point; the story had me legitimately surprised by the end. It's not often that a movie has me seriously thinking about what's right and wrong... this did it, though. Also, Amy Ryan's character? Whaaaaaat a megadouche. Good lord.

Movie Count: 20 (Live Free and Die Hard, Time Bandits, The Hustler, Black Dragon (Miracles), Hollywoodland, Blood Diamond, Animal Crackers, Marie Antoinette, Inside Man, The Fountain, Tombstone, Jurassic Park (Rifftrax), No Country for Old Men, Juno, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Rifftrax), There Will Be Blood, Rize, Born Into Brothels, Eastern Promises, Gone Baby Gone)

Well this won't be every movie I've watched this year, but I will list one that so far is one of the most memorable.

[B]Newsies:[/B] It's a musical that is loosely based on the true story of the New York newspaper boy strike of 1899. Basically the story is about the newspaper publishers who seek an increase in profits, they decide to increase their profits by charging more to the kids who sell their papers. Instead of paying the increase, they start a strike.

The songs are lively and quick to catch on, they really suit the movie well and the rest of the music for the film is good as well. It's got it's flaws, one being that it utterly flopped when it was first released back in 1992, but it's definitely worth seeing once. I'll probably end up getting a copy of the music to this at the very least. XP

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Well this won't be every movie I've watched this year, but I will list one that so far is one of the most memorable.

[B]Newsies:[/B] It's a musical that is loosely based on the true story of the New York newspaper boy strike of 1899. Basically the story is about the newspaper publishers who seek an increase in profits, they decide to increase their profits by charging more to the kids who sell their papers. Instead of paying the increase, they start a strike.

The songs are lively and quick to catch on, they really suit the movie well and the rest of the music for the film is good as well. It's got it's flaws, one being that it utterly flopped when it was first released back in 1992, but it's definitely worth seeing once. I'll probably end up getting a copy of the music to this at the very least. XP[/QUOTE]

i absolutely love that musical!

I saw it when i was a kid on the disney channel, i have to go find it now and watch it!

[font="trebuchet ms"]
[b]Penelope[/b]: We got a free pass to see it for newspaper, and I thought it was decent. The pacing was really awkward sometimes, there were some completely unnecessary scenes, and overall the movie was sort of jumbled and had bad development, but it was still a decent view. Also, James McAvoy... always a plus.

The Other Boelyn Girl
Be Kind Rewind
There Will Be Blood
PERSEPOLIS *so excited for this film.

[i]Movie Count:[/i] 19[/font]

• 4 weeks later...
[b]Hard Candy[/b]: After Juno I wanted to see more of Ellen Page, and holy crap this did not disappoint at all. Her performance honestly creeped the hell out of me, which doesn't happen often these days; she totally turned what would've been a solid thriller with a twist into something great. Patrick Wilson carries his weight, too, as a pedophile-in-denial.

[b]The Matrix Reloaded (Rifftrax)[/b]: I liked this more than the Rifftrax for The Matrix. The "mother--" running joke was funny and was done just enough times so that it didn't get old, Keanu bashing never gets old, and the entire freeway chase had me rolling. Oh, and "WALT~!"

[b]Hot Fuzz[/b]: Shaun of the Dead is slightly better, but this is still pretty damn funny. The over-the-top [spoiler]vengeance scene at the end where Angel and Butterman go after the whole town was amazing. Loved that they had to have the reverend shout, "Jesus Christ!" as he fell to the ground.[/spoiler]

I'll be watching [b]The Pursuit of Happyness[/b] next - probably tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. I also have to watch my copy of [b]Children of Men[/b] eventually, too ...

Movie Count: 23 (Live Free and Die Hard, Time Bandits, The Hustler, Black Dragon (Miracles), Hollywoodland, Blood Diamond, Animal Crackers, Marie Antoinette, Inside Man, The Fountain, Tombstone, Jurassic Park (Rifftrax), No Country for Old Men, Juno, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Rifftrax), There Will Be Blood, Rize, Born Into Brothels, Eastern Promises, Gone Baby Gone, Hard Candy, The Matrix Reloaded (Rifftrax), Hot Fuzz)

[font=trebuchet ms][b]Cinema Paradiso[/b]: Great movie. Any movie fan would enjoy this movie, since one of its main themes is the power of cinema. The way the local atmosphere and people are shown makes the movie very intimate and real to me, but at the same time incredibly romantic. Emotionally, the movie didn't do much to sadden the audience, but there were plenty of other reactions to be had. Also, the ending scene is fabulous.

[b]American Beauty[/b]: Amazing, amazing movie. Kevin Spacey's performance was incredible, and the film was just spot on. I was crying by the end, when I didn't even expect to. The only problem I had was [spoiler]how they audience was informed of Kevin Spacey's death in the beginning of the movie, when that really wasn't necessary[/spoiler].

[b]No Country for Old Men[/b]: If the movie weren't so hyped, I would have liked it more. Not to say I didn't enjoy it, because I appreciated how well-executed and precise the film was. Javier Bardem is pretty damn scary, and I thought the ending scene was great.

[b]Girl with a Pearl Earring[/b]: Probably my second-favorite romance movie. The cinematography is amazing, because the movie itself seemed like a painting. Everything was incredibly subtle, but it worked well and it was satisfying. [spoiler]The scene where Colin Firth makes Scarlett Johansson lick her lips[/spoiler] so freakin' [i]sexy[/i]. And I don't even mean that in a sexual way, lol, sort of like how [b]Pride & Prejudice[/b] is sexy.

[b]Enchanted[/b]: Very fun and sweet. :) It sucks that Disney is making a sequel... -_-

[b]This is Spinal Tap[/b]: Hilarious, in that British-comedy sort of way. One of the most quotable movies ever ("none more black"), and I love how it parodies John Lennon and Yoko Anno. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's a mockumentary of a has-been rock band named Spinal Tap.

[i]Other Movies Seen[/i]:

[b]No Reservations[/b]
[b]O Brother, Where Art Thou?[/b]

[b]Paradise Now
The Big Lebowski
Hard Candy
There Will Be Blood
21[/b]

[i]Movie Count[/i]: 27[/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=darkred][size=1]

[b]No Country For Old Men[/b]: Amazing. Not much to say was wrong with it. Chigur (or how ever you spell it) is one of the scariest bad guys since Hannibal, the story was just great, to be expected by Cormac McCarthy and the Coen's, and really I liked everything about it.

[b]Superbad[/b]: Hilarious. Loved it. Watch it or die.

[b]Knocked Up[/b]: One of my favorite comedies ever now. Its good stuff, really funny, and has kind of a feel good story, I loved it.

[b]American Gangster[/b]: You know the drill. The new American gang film to take the place as our generation's Godfather and Scarface.

[b]The Bourne Ultimatum[/b]: I love the Bourne series as a whole and this instalment was really fantastic. I loved the fight scene in Istanbul (it was Istanbul right?) and the chase scenes were awesome as usual. I plan on buying the second DVD and watching the three in a row one day.

[b]The Darjeeling Limited[/b]: One of my favorite new movies. I loved it more than I can really say. Its hard to say what I like about it exactly, but it touched something for me, because I have two younger brothers and I can see how their lives could take turns like that. I enjoyed every second of it. It was really nice to look at also.[/color][/size]

[COLOR="Navy"][B]Bee Movie[/B] - this movie was funny and cute. knowing the fact that humans and bees would understand eachother. i didnt know bees would need a car to get to where they are goin. i liked the part where[spoiler]barry saw all the honey in the grocery store and suddenly ray liotta appeared on one of thejars[/spoiler] that part cracked me upXD

[B]The Mist[/B] - i didnt really like this movie all that much. there were some ppl who really pissed me off while watching it.

[B]Enchanted[/B] - i love this movie. it was so cute although it was alittle too happy...lol!! pip was my favorite characters in the movie. hes so cute. the parts where he plays charades with prince edwards is hella funny. over all it was a good movie.

[B]Jersey Girl[/B] - this movie was cute. it has a good story line.

[B]Ice Age 2: The Meltdown[/B] - I watched this movie like yesterday i didnt have anything else to watch...lol!! like the first one it was funny and the story was nice. love the charcters in this movie. i heard that theres gonna be another ice age movie but i dont know.

[B]You've Got Mail[/B] - i love this movie. ive seen this movie so many timesXD i had to watch it again. its a very funny a cute movie. i love the ending.[spoiler]kathleen kelly finds out who her chat buddy is and they kiss.[/spoiler] so romantic:love:

[B]other movies ive watched:[/B]
no reservations
becoming jane
snow dogs
eight below
alvin and the chipmunks
nancy drew
aquamarine
sixteen candles[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"][b]Michael Clayton[/b] - It's certainly an interesting movie, but it's also one that you have to stick with from beginning to end because you may end up missing some important detail. I really can't be bothered with rewatching it again, but I missed what was trying to be leaked out and whatnot.

[b]Alvin and the Chipmunks[/b] - Heh. It's decent. If you're a fan of the chipmunks, you may want to check it out. I've never been a fan of the guy that was Dave, so perhaps this is just out of bias-ness, but I think they could've got a better Dave. Everything from that guy just sounds a little bland.

[b]Ocean's Eleven[/b] - I like this movie a lot. When I first seen this movie, I caught it somewhere in the middle. I didn't understand what was going on, and I thought it was fairly boring. And at the time I wasn't into Brad Pitt or George Clooney. But now that I've had the chance to see it from beginning to end, I think it was really good, and clever how everything was executed. In some ways, the thought process and whatnot reminds me of Death Note. Now I'm just trying to get my hands on Ocean's 12 and 13.

And I'm not sure of the name of it (it's no movie), but my sister has Jeff Dunham's dvd with them puppets/dummies, and I've enjoyed that quite a bit. I think out of all of them, my favorite is Achmen (sp?) and Peanut. While Jeff's not the funniest in the world, he does have his moments with these puppets.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT="Arial"]I'm going to try to do this as best as I can remember.

[B]Stardust[/B]
I didn't catch the beginning of this, but what I did see was nice. I like Claire Danes, if only because we share first names. I don't really remember exactly how I felt about it at the time, though.

[B]Hocus Pocus[/B]
Which, of course, I've seen thousands of times before. But I remember watching it this year so I'm mentioning it, haha.

[B]The Game Plan[/B]
This played during a flight from Colorado to North Carolina, and out of pure boredom I watched it. It did not even come near my list of favorite movies; I just can't seem to enjoy anything Disney has been putting out recently.

[B]Bewitched[/B]
Seen it before. When I had Dish Network, my receiver would frequently spaz out and refuse to turn on. Since I can't sleep without a TV on, I had to watch a DVD to calm myself. This is the only one I own that I can watch/listen to comfortably at night. It's also the only Will Ferrell movie I can stand.

[B]I Am Legend[/B]
It was pretty cool. Will Smith is an incredible actor. And of course, I absolutely bawled when [spoiler]he had to kill his dog. I thought I'd be okay with it until he started singing "Three Little Birds," and I lost it.[/spoiler] I get really emotional when I watch sad movies, lolz.

[B]Beetlejuice[/B]
Another that I've seen before, but I absolutely adore it. I have some kind of girl-crush on Winona Ryder, ESPECIALLY as Lydia Deetz. The other characters are wonderful as well. This whole movie is made of amazing and win, and the soundtrack is just spectacular. Harry Belafonte's "Jump in De Line" has been my myspace profile song for about a month now.

[B]Dracula[/B] (Francis Ford Coppola)
I just read Dracula for my AP Lang class and adored it. That was the first reason I wanted to see this movie. The second and third were that WINONA RYDER plays MINA HARKER, who is basically my most favorite female literary character ever. For no reason, honestly.

[B]League of Extraordinary Gentlemen[/B]
Seen before. I watched it again because Dracula put me in the mood to watch it. I think the super bad-*** Mina Harker of this movie is what makes me love her character so much.

[B]Live Freaky! Die Freaky![/B]
I just saw this today, and it was weeeeeeird. Lots of claymation sex and rock star voiceovers. I really only wanted to see it because Davey Havok had a part in it (as a gay hairdresser), which put a smile on my face. It's not going to be thought of as a favorite, though.

[B]Donnie Darko[/B]
This might be my new favorite movie. I loved the psychological aspect to it, which greatly reminded me of [B]The Chumscrubber.[/B] Three of my favorite songs were used, as well: Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart," Gary Jules' "Mad World" cover, and my top favorite song of all time, The Church's "Under the Milky Way." The film's soundtrack was quite awesome as well, and now I feel inspired to write music in a similar fashion.[/FONT]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]
[B]Donnie Darko[/B]
This might be my new favorite movie. I loved the psychological aspect to it, which greatly reminded me of [B]The Chumscrubber.[/B] Three of my favorite songs were used, as well: Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart," Gary Jules' "Mad World" cover, and my top favorite song of all time, The Church's "Under the Milky Way." The film's soundtrack was quite awesome as well, and now I feel inspired to write music in a similar fashion.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Funny thing, I also just watched [b]Donnie Darko[/b] for the first time last week myself. I loved it for pretty much the same reasons you do. The philosophical and psychological aspects were great, and the whole metaphysics angle was interesting as well. Definetly shows the things possible with film story telling. I loved it, and it is also one of my new favorites.[/color][/size]

I'm so sorry to interrupt, but i can say i have seen a movie yesterday that was good. AVP, the Regime. if you have seen it, you may know that the ending sucked and the rest of the movie is good. if i'm a nusciance, you don't have to reply:nervous:

I just watched [b]Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street[/b] for the first time yesterday and loved it. I subsequently downloaded the soundtrack today. "These are the worst pies in London..."[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]Seems like I've neglected this thread for far too long. So here's, once again, my long list of movies I've seen:

[B]Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay[/B] - If you liked [B]White Castle[/B], then most definitely you will love this movie. The movie does just about every lewd act you could think of yet still retains its hilarity.

[B]Hitman[/B] - Here I thought I've seen almost every assassin/"you kill me, I kill you"/etc. movie there ever could have been, but I've been proven wrong. This movie, I'll admit, is quite interesting. I particularly liked the part where he's reading a magazine article.

[B]Juno[/B] - The sweetest and most adorable movie. The dialog is completely off-the-walls and Juno wasn't your average, teeny-bopping, gum-chewing, 'I love [insert Top 40 singer here] teenage girl. She was this 70s-rock-loving, slushee-drinking,

[B]Annapolis[/B] - Two words: James Franco. No, I kid. The transition James Franco's character makes is astonishing. He turns from this mouthy, never-listens-to-anyone guy to becoming a man of the military. Along the way, each person he meets within Annapolis changes him into someone better. But, I must still say, James Franco esta muy caliente!

[B]August Rush[/B] - I lied. Juno AND August Rush are the sweetest and most adorable movies I've seen. This movie is astonishingly amazing. It captures the journey of a boy who escapes from a boys' home in search for his parents. And the way they interacted music with him made it that much more amazing.

And being the ever-lazy girl I am, here's the rest of the list without reviews:
[B]The Other Boleyn Girl
Peter Pan [2004]
The Kingdom
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Requiem For A Dream
Ocean's Eleven
10,000 BC
Horton Hears A Who
The Black Dahlia
Lucky Number Slevin
Superbad
Blue Crush
The Brave One
Disturbia
Transformers
Sunshine
Forgetting Sarah Marshall[/B]

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few but there you have my list.

[i][B]Movie Count:[/B][/i] 49.[/size][/color]

[b]Cloverfield:[/b] The fear and filming was cool and interesting, but the ending was balls and the monster, while scary looking, was way to crazy looking for me to respect. If it had been a little more simpler and less goofy in design, I would've loved it.

[b]Shooter:[/b] Really, really cool flick. The main character was Jason Bourne, but with more personality. The sniping action was cool and exciting (especially the dome-shot-fest in the beginning...), and I'd watch it again. And I probably will, being that I own it now.[/color][/size]

[FONT=Arial]in no particular order:

[B]The Bourne Ultimatum: [/B]SO GOOD. I still haven't seen the second one, but it wasn't really even necessary to watch to appreciate the third one.
[B]Enchanted: [/B]I was surprised I liked this as much as I did. it was so obnoxious, but it never got [I]too [/I]obnoxious, and Amy Adams did a great job, I think.
[B]Borat: [/B]for being an hour and a half long, it felt like it was MUCH longer. but it was still funny to sit through, and I laughed my *** off over the ending. Great Success!!!
[B]Pleasantville: [/B]one of those movies that makes me go "AMEN!"
[B]I Am Legend: [/B]not as good when watched on a television set compared to in a movie theater, from what I understand.
[B]Moulin Rouge: [/B]one of my favorite movies of all time. I don't doubt I'll take this movie with me in the event I end up in a nursing home. :P
[B]Deception: [/B]not as good as I was hoping it was going to be. but, I'm a huge Ewan McGregor and Hugh Jackman fan, so I enjoyed myself.
[B]The Amityville Horror: [/B]being a wuss, I can't handle scary movies. I was peer-pressured into watching this one. *sigh* at least it was a [I]good[/I] scary movie, which seems to be hard to find.
[B]Saw II: [/B]made me reeeeeally queasy in some parts (as can be imagined), but it was decent to sit through, even if some of the character motivations are outlandish (or nonexistent :rolleyes:). and isn't the bad guy played by that one guy on Scrubs?
[B]Sweeney Todd: [/B]yay Sondheim! I still think of Johnny Depp as being Jack Sparrow, so I kept thinking of Sweeney Todd as being a pirate (a little distracting). that's my fault though :P. for being a movie musical, it wasn't the best, but adapting something like that to film had to be crazy. I just wish Tim Burton hadn't done it.
[B]Adaptation: [/B]I thought it was amazing up until the middle-end-ish area. it became a little too farfetched for me after that.
[B]Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: [/B]another amazing movie, except this one was amazing from start to finish. I've only seen it once, but perhaps this will be another all-time favorite with more time.
[B]Memento: [/B]I thought the main actor literally looked like a donkey in the face, so that was distracting. aside from that, the way the movie is set up makes it so much more interesting than if it had been sequenced conventionally. definitely worth watching if you're in for a movie that you don't just zombie your way through.
[B]The 40-Year Old Virgin: [/B]I was hoping it'd be funnier with all the hype it got. it was....okay at best.
[B]Wedding Crashers: [/B]and I loved watching this movie on the other hand. it's one of those cheesy, "no way that stuff could ever happen" movies, but for entertainment/comedy value, I wasn't disappointed in the least.
[/FONT][B][FONT=Arial]Orgazmo: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial]hmmm... weird doesn't quite cut it. I did think the premise was pretty amusing though. and I love saying, "and I'm Choda Boy!" whenever the impulse strikes now. and never forget, Jesus and I love you guys.[/FONT][FONT=Arial][B]
Sicko: [/B]shows why France has one more reason to gloat over being better than the United States. it convinced me anyway, but then again I was already inclined to that opinion before watching it, so I guess that doesn't count.
[B]Knocked Up: [/B]I didn't like this one as much as [I]Wedding Crashers [/I]for entertainment sake, but I still thought it was definitely worth watching. it had some really good moments, both hilarious and.... significant? something like that.
[B]Disturbia: [/B]it was definitely creepier than I thought it would be. I was pretty impressed with it, and with Mr. Shia LeBeouf as well, however his Frenchy name is spelled.
[B]A Night at the Roxbury: [/B]if I'd watched this a couple of years earlier, I think I would have loved it. it was more more annoying to watch than not at this point though. at least my little brother liked it.
[B]Live Free or Die Hard: [/B]I like the [I]Die Hards [/I]for an action series, and this one was pretty good, too. and I hate most action series.
[B]The Prestige: [/B]second or third time watching it, and I still love it.

I'm pretty sure Netflix is my best friend. next on my list is [I]Sideways[/I]. we'll see how that goes. :) shootin' for #23![/FONT]