OtakuBoards

Your Latest Musical Obsession

Aberinkula

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Uh... My latest musical obsession is definitely... Acoustic stuff. I've been carrying my Breedlove around in all parts of my house, playing every acoustic track in my arsenal. This would range from Gregory and the Hawk, to I would set myself on fire for you.

Other than that. My latest musical obsessions are most definitely The Jonbenet, and As Cities Burn. As Cities Burn has so much emotion bottled up in their music. The Jonbenet just makes me feel alive. Simple as that.

Those are my latest obsessions, other than just occasionally listening to bands.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Sounds like some education on your part is in order Matt. :p I'll even help you out since I spent far too long writing up a bit on one of my favorite [I]composed[/I] pieces by Rachmaninoff: [URL="http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/overture/view/6171/sergei_rachmaninoff_-_piano_concerto_no._2/"][U]Piano Concerto No. 2[/U][/URL][/QUOTE]

Okay, so maybe I skipped you by accident. Sue me. :)

I have been listening to 90's alternative industrialish hard rock stuff(I could just call it nu-metal but **** that I think this is more accurate). Stuff like Korn,Slipknot, and 40 Below Summer. Beats me as to why it's really appealing to me. Teen angst maybe? I dunno who cares its gewd stuff and I am enjoying it.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Matt']Is Allamorph and I the only ones who like composed music around here? >.>[/QUOTE]I thought this thread was suppose to be about one's[B] Latest[/B] Musical Obsessions, so naturally I didn't list any ongoing ones. I've always been a big fan of Brahms works as well as Sergei Rachmaninoff and John Williams. ^_~ But like I said, I thought this was for the latest or rather newest obsessions that I was into, otherwise I'd be listing a lot of romantic and classical composers that I really like. [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
[FONT=Arial]I have to say I've been pretty into Fort Minor lately. I heard about the "group", I guess?, from my husband, who's a big Linkin Park fan, and after listening through The Rising Tied a good couple of times, I think I'm hooked. Mike Shinoda is absolutely amazing at what he does, and he is definitely to thank for how well Linkin Park is doing. if you guys want a good recommendation to start you off, try listening to Kenji or maybe Slip Out the Back. oh yeah, and Where'd You Go has been on the radio for a while now, so if you recognize that song, yeah, Linkin Park's rapper is responsible for that. :p[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"]Currently I'm basking in the awesomeness of [B]Calabrese[/B]. They're a horror rock group that's obviously heavily influenced by the Misfits. This means all their songs have a dark punk tone with lyrics all about horror. Isn't that great!?

They use samples from old horror movies in almost all of their songs.

Right now I'm loving "Zombie I" for the hella catchy chorus, and "Resurrection" for the incredible ghoulish harmony near the end. All of it is so so good, though.[/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
A few weeks ago I went to a I went to an all day event music festival where Metallica was the head liner and 4 other bands. Two of the bands I took notice in where Apocalyptica and Flobots. Their styles was something that I didn't think at first would be something I like at first but now I can't seem to stop listen to there music.

[SIZE=1]Right now I'm chewing my teeth into some oldies stuff, mostly [B]the Adicts[/B]. Haven't heard of them? Search 'em on YouTube - Viva La Revolution is a good song. It makes you feel all nostalgic and stuff... not that I was even born back then, but you know, the spirit still rides strong on this side of Manchester.

Viva la Revolution! =D[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Green"]I've always loved classic rock and always will. Right now I'm listening to a Beatles song, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.Lately I've really been into Queen. I recently discovered Evanescence and I LOVE them!:animesmilAnd for some reason, I adore the song Cats on Mars, from Cowboy Bebop...[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Well, here's my current obsessions...

"It Ain't Hard To Tell" by [b]Nas[/b]
"Pray For Plagues" by [b]Bring Me The Horizon[/b]
"Reloaded" by [b]Winds of Plague[/b]
"Pork And Beans" by [b]Weezer[/b]
"Dammit" by [b]Blink 182[/b]
"We Are Your Friends" by [b]Justice[/b]
"What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse" by [b]The Black Dahlia Murder[/b]
"Bow Down" by [b]Born of Osiris[/b]

[/color][/size]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Time to spam the thread with moar Nightwish! [I]*shot*[/I]

>_> I can't help it though, I finally got my own copy of their Dark Passion Play and Once album. It's even more addicting when the quality of the recording is good. I'm debating on what album by them to get next! Cause seriously, I have come to really adore their music. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 3 months later...
[quote name='dearz']tokio hotel:animesmil[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]Dearz, could you please add a little more to your post? Here at OtakuBoards, we encourage conversation, and your post doesn't really allow for much. Talk about why you're so obsessed with Tokio Hotel, your favorite songs, etc.

Welcome to OB![/FONT]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]Dearz, could you please add a little more to your post? Here at OtakuBoards, we encourage conversation, and your post doesn't really allow for much. Talk about why you're so obsessed with Tokio Hotel, your favorite songs, etc.

Welcome to OB![/FONT][/QUOTE]
i'm really from fan nation and thats how we do it

[color=#9933ff]I currently keep a list of top ten song obsessions on my fanfiction profile and change them from time to time. Here's the current top ten list for your enjoyment/ critique:

1.) [B]Hand of Sorrow- Within Temptation[/B]- Because I just can't stop placing that song on repeat and now I can sing the whole thing. I like the story of it all and that listening to it inspires me to write.

2.) [B]Truth Beneath the Rose- Within Temptation[/B]- I haven't deceided exactly why I like this song. But I like it right now. Maybe it's more writer's inspiration.

3.) [B]Unhook the Stars- Cyndi Lauper-[/B] Yes, you read right-[B] Cyndi Lauper[/B]- [I][B]from the eighties[/B][/I]! Actually [B]Unhook the Stars[/B] is tied with [B]The Goonies Are Good Enough[/B] Either because they both bring back good childhood memories or because The Goonies was a cool (when I was about eight) movie and the songs are catchy.

4.) [B]Not Ready To Make Nice- Dixie Chicks[/B]- Not sure if someone will comment on this or not, but it fits a lot of my life. In fact the CD came out in 2006 which was a year I was going through a lot of crap myself. It's a good song and the whole CD ([B]Taking the Long Way[/B]) is one of my favorites from the group.

5.) [B]Ojos de Cielos- El Sueño de morfeo[/B]- It's a very pretty romantic song IMHO about a girl trying to figure out her feelings for a boy she likes- in the chorus she tells him If you're not around I don't know if I exist and in the second verse she says if once she ignored him it was because she's scared. I think it's emotional in some parts, and i fell for the song watching it used in a Sakura/Naruto AMV on youtube.

6.) [B]See Who I Am- Within Temptation[/B]- Someone could try to find a pattern I guess- except there isn't one.

7.) [B]Online- Brad Paisley[/B] This is just a funny song. This one and [B]Alcohol[/B] are two of the funniest and best country songs ever. I just don't know enough of his other songs to buy the CDs

8.) [B]Popular- Wicked the Musical[/B]- This song was probably one of my favorite scenes from the play. It's from after[spoiler] Elphaba helps Galinda get into this special class that Madam Morrible would only allow Elphaba into and Galinda feels bad because she's actually tricked Elphaba and was being mean to her so she decides to try and give her a make over[/spoiler] The performance was hilarious and I always remember the 'flip flip' that Galinda did during the song.

9.) [B]Miracle- Paramore[/B] This is just a good song and one of my favorites from their [B]Riot[/B] CD the other of course is[B] Broken[/B]. I think I'm attached to this song because I copied down the lyrics in a letter to my boyfriend after we'd had a fight then he was stil having trouble getting into college. He wanted to give up this time, but I didn't. Yeah- I have a love song that isn't supposed to be a love song- wee.

10.) [B]Walk Like an Egyption- The Bangles[/B]- It's such a funny song so I like it. I need to see if they have a cd on Amazon because it was such a fun song back when I was six and didn't care that I was dancing funny.

So there you have it. My informative top ten. I'm quite diverse in my musical tastes. At least that's what I think.[/color]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Resently I'm getting into Faith no More. Not just because of Epic, even though it is as it is titled! I just can't get over how much these guys helped to influence music today. Nu-metal, for example, owes itself a lot to FNM. In fact, I even like the cover of Epic by Atreyu! Other than that, I'm getting into them (Atreyu) a lot more too, I especially love Slow Burn. Plus, Eriatarka by The Mars Volta, which probably my new favorite by these guys.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 years later...