OtakuBoards

OB and its members... A Family?

Nomurah!

[quote name='chibi-master']Now, how would we do that if we're all scattered across the country, silly? And I believe one of OB's members is currently in Norway, was it?:animestun Oh, well, go family!:animesmil[/quote]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR="DarkRed"]Vicky[/COLOR] and [COLOR="DarkRed"]Gavin[/COLOR] (and others?) are in Britain, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Andrew[/COLOR] is in Wales, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Sandy[/COLOR]'s Finnish, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Boo[/COLOR] is Norwegian(?), a third of the moderators are in Utah?at least, it feels like a third.....

And [COLOR="DarkRed"]James[/COLOR] is an Aussie. Which is totally cool.

Don't ask where I am. Tennessee is my cover.[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']Now, how would we do that if we're all scattered across the country, silly? And I believe one of OB's members is currently in Norway, was it?:animestun Oh, well, go family!:animesmil[/QUOTE]

There's a few out of the country.

When I take over the world, I'll have enough money to buy the userbase 10 buckets of ice cream each.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]a third of the moderators are in Utah?at least, it feels like a third.....[/FONT][/QUOTE]Hehe. I imagine the presence of us Utahan's who aren't moderators make it feel like it's more than it really is. By my understanding... there are two of us. Aaryanna_Mom and myself. :catgirl: After all James or someone was referring to me being one of the Utah crew. Hehe.[/FONT]

[quote name='Aceburner']When I take over the world, I'll have enough money to buy the userbase 10 buckets of ice cream each.[/QUOTE]

HA! I believe that I shall be taking over the world! Anyway, I was just looking at the ginormous list of members! It made me think, if we are a family, we're a VERY extended one...:animeswea

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][COLOR="DarkRed"]Vicky[/COLOR] and [COLOR="DarkRed"]Gavin[/COLOR] (and others?) are in Britain, [/FONT][/QUOTE]Actually, Gavin is in Ireland. :p [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Actually, Gavin is in Ireland. :p [/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Actually, I was originally going to lump [COLOR="DarkRed"]Vick[/COLOR], [COLOR="DarkRed"]Gav[/COLOR], and [COLOR="DarkRed"]Andy[/COLOR] all together under the Crown, but I remembered how [COLOR="DarkRed"]Andrew[/COLOR] spazzed on me, and I figured [COLOR="DarkRed"]Gavin[/COLOR] could take a lump or two.

So.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Wow, I randomly stumbled into the Lounge and found this thread...

I definitely think we're a family in some way or another, especially with those who you've gotten to know very well through lots of chatting or just activity on the forums. For those that don't know I'm mostly (or was) an RPer, hanging around the Arena/Theatre so that's mostly how I got to know who I do.

So let's see...

I definitely miss BKstyles (Matt-chan~), I haven't heard from him forever and hope to talk to him again sometime. One of the closest friends I've ever had on OB ever.

Haha, Stephen (Scorpio, Rocket, Lrb, White, 8bit) or any other names you've gone through that I've forgotten. We haven't talked in ages, and hope that we'll catch up. But yeah, my activity's gone down to stalking and poking my head in. We should create a big RP and call everyone back (I suggested this to someone else but I forgot who...). But I really know what you mean about having to talk to new members more =P Are you gonna redo The Elements? ^^;;

BKstyles, Stephen along with people like JJ, Zen, Jokopoko(nocchio =P), Dragon Warrior, Engel, Sean, Gavin, Kayin, and others that I'm bound to have forgotten were very much like best friends, some of the closest guy friends I've ever or do have, pretty much like my older/younger brothers.

Many of my female friends, practically sisters, have disappeared too. The following gals have become my good friends through various means, and I'm glad that I still see some of them around online; Tiana (KW, Riku), Redemption, Disenchanted, Delta, SunfallE, Revelation, Ezekiel, Kitty, Blanko, KKC, and others that again I've probably forgotten. I've RPed with them all and they're great, I miss the old times though.

If I lived near any of them I would definitely make a visit, though the closest to me geographically are probably Redemption and Disenchanted (Go Australia!), but if I went for a trip around America I would love to make stops and visit OBers.

I miss many of the people who have left, even classics that I didn't know very well but miss heaps like GinnyLyn.

*massive hug/glomp* Miss you'z all.

Bwah, I don't really know the word to describe OB, it can be considered a family, but maybe something like a....*scratches cheek* a homestay? Like for international students to stay together but eventually leave. Kinda reminds me of that but a really really big one XD That's because people are always coming in but then there's always those leaving.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Kenso;810504][SIZE=1]In the name of Kossuth, aren't there some sort of laws against revealing that sort of information about one's parents?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Crystia is right, if I didn't want that info known, I would not have included it in my profile. ^_~[quote name='Aberinkula;810508][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][size=1]Actually, as they say, with age comes wisdom. I don't mean that in an offensive way, but I'm saying shes one of the oldest member so really she's one of the wisest members. Don't take offense to that please A_M >_< I mean it in the best way possible! And shes also made Aaryanna a very polite and well behaved girl... at least I think she's well behaved.[/size][/COLOR][/QUOTE]How could I take offense over being older? Now as for my daughter... I think most of the credit goes to her. Trust me, she can be quite the mischievous imp at times... And I'll quit embarrassing her now. [QUOTE=Allamorph'][FONT=Arial']Don't ask where I am. Tennessee is my cover.[/FONT][/quote]Why am I not surprised? It's been a while since I've been to Tennessee.

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]It's just that I've been raised on the whole 'respect women hella lots' stuff, so I didn't want to offend you by calling you older.

Btw, Allamorph probably lives in a solitary cabin on the outskirts of Pittsburgh, waiting for the day a women will come by his home with Cookies...or just waiting for a women to meet him face to face. :p I jest, I jest.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='chibi-master']HA! I believe that I shall be taking over the world![/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but do [I]you[/I] have a four year plan?

Yeah, that's what I thought.:p

[quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Btw, Allamorph probably lives in a solitary cabin on the outskirts of Pittsburgh, waiting for the day a women will come by his home with Cookies...or just waiting for a women to meet him face to face. :p I jest, I jest.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

That sounds about right. I imagine it's hard to narrow down his options with all those women flocking him 24/7 (I have the same problem,) so he's waiting for the day he gets only one lady caller, preferably one with a plate of cookies. Then he shall wed.

[quote name='Aberinkula][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]IBtw, Allamorph probably lives in a solitary cabin on the outskirts of Pittsburgh, waiting for the day a women will come by his home with Cookies...or just waiting for a women to meet him face to face. :p I jest, I jest.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
[quote name='Aceburner']That sounds about right. I imagine it's hard to narrow down his options with all those women flocking him 24/7 (I have the same problem,) so he's waiting for the day he gets only one lady caller, preferably one with a plate of cookies. Then he shall wed.[/quote]

[FONT=Arial][INDENT]....what the hell are you talking about?[/INDENT]

[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][INDENT]....what the hell are you talking about?[/INDENT]

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

You sure you want to know? Because so do I.

I can't believe I hadn't thought of it before, but this thread is the perfect opportunity to post a cheesy Jpop song I kind of like.

[YOUTUBE="Family"]-iLVjvCtt4c[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: Oh, right, I forgot people who sub One Piece are too lazy to translate some words and just let themselves off by claiming the word is more "meaningful" in Japanese. So in case you didn't know:

Nakama=friend, comrade, family member, close acquaintance, etc. It depends on the situation.

[quote name='Aceburner']I'm sorry, but do [I]you[/I] have a four year plan?
[/QUOTE]

No, I have a 7 year plan, smarty pants! And it's better than any other because it involves a radioactive 'tater that I got fer Christmas, so BLEH!:pHeh heh, the more I think of the family concept, the more you seem like a goofy cousin! HA HA HA!!!:animesmill

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Aberinkula;810508][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][size=1] And shes also made Aaryanna a very polite and well behaved girl... at least I think she's well behaved.[/size][/COLOR][/QUOTE]What?!? *laughs*[quote name='Aberinkula;810588][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Btw, Allamorph probably lives in a solitary cabin on the outskirts of Pittsburgh, waiting for the day a women will come by his home with Cookies...or just waiting for a women to meet him face to face. :p I jest, I jest.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]That's right! His computer and Internet is powered by a Gerbil running in one of those little wheels! Shhh! Don't tell anyone![QUOTE=Aceburner;810593]That sounds about right. I imagine it's hard to narrow down his options with all those women flocking him 24/7 (I have the same problem,) so he's waiting for the day he gets only one lady caller, preferably one with a plate of cookies. Then he shall wed.[/QUOTE]*dies laughing* XD You guys are [I]soooo [/I]out there with your speculations. [QUOTE=Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][INDENT]....what the hell are you talking about?[/INDENT'][/FONT][/quote]Here you go... *gives you some cookies* [spoiler]Passes out from laughing too much[/spoiler]

I swear Aberinkula and Aceburner, you two are probably just jealous that some of us ladies would send Allamorph cookies in a heartbeat. Hahahaha!:catgirl:

Now getting into things I would miss? Silly posts like this that make me laugh until I'm out of breath. OB just about never fails to deliver in that respect. Heh. ^_^[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I swear Aberinkula and Aceburner, you two are probably just jealous that some of us ladies would send Allamorph cookies in a heartbeat. Hahahaha!:catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yeah, what's up with that. I'm hungry. I should go get myself some cookies. And a girlfriend.

Cookies come first, though.

[quote name='chibi-master']Is that why you have no girlfriend, perhaps?:animesigh[/QUOTE]

It's a combination of that and settling for what I get, actually. For instance, I just ate two tacos after giving up on the search for cookies.

Then again, I'm just so darn sexy that I cause mass turmoil whenever I try to pick just one girl, so I stay single in order to keep the peace. It's a sacrifice, but I'm willing to make it.

So as for the family thing, Allamorph's my cool older bro now.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]:p The jokes on you Ace, I've laready got a girlfriend. And yesterday we got Girl Scout Cookies, and guess what, a GIRL brought them over. Who wins now? :p

[quote name='Aaryanna']What?!? *laughs*[/quote]

I'm beginning to think that deep down, you're plotting something, lol.

[quote name='Aceburner']Then again, I'm just so darn sexy that I cause mass turmoil whenever I try to pick just one girl, so I stay single in order to keep the peace. It's a sacrifice, but I'm willing to make it.[/quote]

Okay Ace, if you're so darn sexy post a picture of yourself.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]:p The jokes on you Ace, I've laready got a girlfriend. And yesterday we got Girl Scout Cookies, and guess what, a GIRL brought them over. Who wins now? :p[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]Girl scout cookies vs girlfriend and homemade cookies... No contest really. You guys [I]should be[/I] jealous since Aaryanna [I]can[/I] bake, just ask Des since he got a batch made by Beth and Aaryanna. Heh. And guys, trust me, they're good.

Seriously though, like Aaryanna mentioned, I would miss all the hilarious stuff going on around here. Not sure if I'd miss the head banging from pranks though. XP

[size=1][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I can bake too, I make great brownies, my secret? I put in a little orange juice to add a bit of flavor. And I'm good at making cookies, when I can be patient with them. BTW, I'd love to try Aaryanna's cookies... if only she wasn't half a country away from me >_>

I too would miss these hilarious moments we have.

OMG, I just realized that Aaryanna is only older than me by a year, and two months. If we had an OB Get-together, I wouldn't have to worry about people 5 years older than me.[/COLOR][/size]

[SIZE=1] I do miss a few people back from when I was getting the bearings down:

[B][U] Lava Lamp / Molly[/B][/U]: I miss my sister alot, she got the epic fail hammer after a e-romance blossomed, and now she's banned from the OB by her parents. the only way to keep in touch with her is through aim, and that really isnt reliable because she always falls asleep while texting on her phone.

[B][U] KingEarthEater / David[/B][/U]: This guy was also one of the few people I met here, and he's pretty cool, this guy managed to help me find faith in God again, after long talks about life in general, we also still keep in touch through aim, but that isnt reliable because of his schedule.

[B][U] Keyblade Wielder [Riku] / Tiana[/B][/U]: She's the girl who got me into the whole mess of the OB, and I want to thank her for that because if I wasnt turned to the OB, my life wouldnt be as interesting as it is now.

[spoiler] I know she's not going to read that, she wants me dead.[/spoiler]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]
If only we had the money to hold a big OB meetup. That'd be a lot of fun.[/font][/QUOTE]

that would be, I'd bring Rock Band down, just to see how people react to playing together as a band. =][/SIZE]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]You hear me, Sara? Be online more.[/color][/QUOTE][font=trebuchet ms]Whatevs.

As for my dying... Trust me, you would all know if that happened. It is a little-known fact that I was one of the hackers who brought down v2 back in 2001. As a beloved and respected member of the community, no one ever suspected me--which made it even easier to gain access to the revamped v3 (and later) control code. I subtly modified it, masterfully weaving the php around a hidden internet doomsday device. It is constantly ticking down?at any given moment, this forum has less than twenty-four hours left of existance.

Every night at midnight, I hack into the system and enter a secret code to reset the countdown and keep this board from going nuclear.

So, yeah.

If I ever die, you'll know.[/font]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Can't tell on this board because some members use purple and pink text in their posts even if they're male. [/FONT][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]There's something amiss here but I can't quite put my finger on it...

It's not as if girls get all the rights to the [COLOR=darkred]p[/COLOR][COLOR=red]r[/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]e[/COLOR][COLOR=orange]t[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]t[/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]y[/COLOR] [COLOR=seagreen]c[/COLOR][COLOR=teal]o[/COLOR][COLOR=mediumturquoise]l[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]o[/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]u[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]r[/COLOR][COLOR=navy]s[/COLOR] >.>;[/COLOR]