OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy VII

Akieen Cloud

[quote name='CaNz']i donno, maybe square is not ready to make a new game soley for the purpose of making money... [/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink][i]Really[/i]? You think more highly of Square's artistic integrity than I do, it seems.

Although I really don't understand why this hasn't been remade yet. I could care less about a remake, but this doesn't really jive with my understanding of Square Enix.

Maybe they're trying to go up the line first? Get FF5 and FF6 some 3d remakes before tackling a game that's already in 3d?[/color]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink][i]Really[/i]? You think more highly of Square's artistic integrity than I do, it seems.

Although I really don't understand why this hasn't been remade yet. I could care less about a remake, but this doesn't really jive with my understanding of Square Enix.

Maybe they're trying to go up the line first? Get FF5 and FF6 some 3d remakes before tackling a game that's already in 3d?[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]QFT.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][COLOR=deeppink][I]Really[/I]? You think more highly of Square's artistic integrity than I do, it seems.[/COLOR]
[/quote]
they are a buissness like any other. but the people who make games are artists. maybe the people who are the top staffed employies have pitched that they would rather continue the series rather than profit from nostalgia.

[quote name='CaNz']i donno, maybe square is not ready to make a new game soley for the purpose of making money....[/quote]
[CENTER][IMG]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/iloled-pam.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[FONT=Calibri]I think the greatest part of this thread to me is how the discussion is based on a lack of distinction between "rumored to be getting a remake" and "announced that a remake is in progress".

Let's get some hard evidence before we decide to go nutzoid about other games deserving it more.[/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Seeing as there is already a thread for FF7 discussion, I'm just going to go ahead and merge these posts into this thread :3

Please make sure to use the search function or the thread directory before making a new thread, guys.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][center]
[FONT=Calibri]Let's get some hard evidence before we decide to go nutzoid about other games deserving it more.[/FONT][/quote]
i was just giving my opinion... and out of context i guess my opinion does look preety stupid, However I never went "nutzoid" and if the remake of seven came out, i would probably play it eventually, and like it.

I dont think it is the perfect game though... I dont see whats wrong with prefering a new game over an old one.

[quote name='CaNz']i was just giving my opinion... and out of context i guess my opinion does look preety stupid, However I never went "nutzoid" and if the remake of seven came out, i would probably play it eventually, and like it.

I dont think it is the perfect game though... I dont see whats wrong with prefering a new game over an old one.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I can understand your hesitation about a remake (especially considering how many spin-offs we've had). So I don't think your reaction is unreasonable.

What I find interesting, though, is that Square-Enix hasn't done a remake already. As others have pointed out, the company isn't above milking the cash cow on a regular basis.

In terms of whether a FFVII remake is valid or not though, I honestly think it depends.

For example, if the remake is an identical game (and identical controls) with only a visual upgrade? Meh, I'm sure people would like it (I would), but it is also somewhat lazy (although I think people underestimate what even this "mild" upgrade would actually require).

But what if they do a visual upgrade, improve the controls and include a superior translation as well? This may be a game changer for some.

I personally would hate to see voice acting added, but I do want Americans to at least get the improved PAL translation (although hopefully an even better version arises).

So I think it depends what S-E do. They could even add some new gameplay elements if they were really keen. It all comes down to how they approach it I think.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I personally would hate to see voice acting added, but I do want Americans to at least get the improved PAL translation (although hopefully an even better version arises).

So I think it depends what S-E do. They could even add some new gameplay elements if they were really keen. It all comes down to how they approach it I think.[/font][/QUOTE]
Hmm.... PAL translation? You lost me there. Anyway, I agree with you. I don't think I'd like to voices in it either especially because I haven't really cared about some of the voice acting when it comes to RPG's. (They're not bad, at least not all of them, but a lot of them can be really dull.)

As far as a remake. I'm at the point to where I wouldn't mind one but at the same time I don't really care. The only thing I'd really be interest to see is a graphic upgrade since I didn't have much of an issue with the controls or battle mechanics. (I do nitpick about materia but it's really minor and don't really affect anything.)

In other news, FFVII is on PSN though... (FFVIII is on there too.) "coughs" Good move since it's pretty expensive.

[color=#4B0082]I wouldn't mind voice acting if they got the cast from Advent Children to do it. And preferably included the Japanese voice track with subtitles in the English releases.

Personally, I mostly hope for a total overhaul of the game's difficulty balancing if a remake does ever happen. As I talked about earlier in the thread, the whole materia system is completely overpowered, probably more so than any other RPG magic system that I've used. I keep hearing that they made the DS remake of FFIV harder than even the original SNES hard-type version (I still have yet to play the DS remake myself :animecry:) so I hope Square-Enix will continue that with any farther remakes.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I wouldn't mind voice acting if they got the cast from Advent Children to do it. And preferably included the Japanese voice track with subtitles in the English releases. [/color][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I really I don't think I could take any more Mena Suvari. Replace her, and I'll agree.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Thus why I'd want the Japanese voice track. The dub was okay but, like most anime and game dubs, doesn't hold up against the Japanese. Plus, Aeris was voiced by Sakamoto Maaya in the Japanese version, who is rather amazing.[/color]