OtakuBoards

Jonas Brothers & Camp Rock

Lunar

[COLOR="Red"]*shakes head* first of all, how many of you guys like the Jonas Brothers? if you do, don't finish reading this thread.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Indigo"]WHAT YOU ARE[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]ABOUT TO SEE IS [/COLOR][COLOR="Plum"]STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Red"]now, that that's said, i think the Jonas Brothers.......how do i put this gently?........can't sing worth a crap. especially nick, sounds like a girl. what do you think? welcome for criticism at any time. but if you agree with me, please say so.[/COLOR]

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not like the Jonas Brothers, and I do not understand why almost every girl does. But at least it's [I]almost[/I] every girl. My sister loves them and her favorite is, whattacoinkidink, Nick. I got so pissed off with her lecturing about how great they are, that I stuck a thumbtack in her Jonas Brothers poster on Nick's forehead. Heh. *evil grin*

[FONT="Arial"]I don't like the music the Jonas Brothers produce, but I must say that yeah, they CAN sing. Nick Jonas is only 14, so his voice hasn't fully changed yet and that's why he sounds like a girl to you. He's been on Broadway and has been recording albums since he was a youngin', so he's already experienced and vocally apt.

And the only reason I know any of this is that my sisters are, like every other girl under the age of 16, obsessed with them.

But I find it a little strange that you'd make a thread about the Jonas Brothers and such, since usually people only start up discussions about things they enjoy. :P[/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Eh, they're like most of Disney Channel's stuff to me. I'm not a fan at all and I wish I could walk around a public place without seeing their faces plastered over every freaking wall. They also give me a kind of creepy vibe for some reason. That said, they're not the worst. Apparently High School Musical 3 is getting a theatrical release. I want to know 3 things about this:

- Has a sequel to a made for TV movie, let alone a sequel to a made for TV sequel to a made for TV movie, EVER in the history of mankind gotten a theatrical release before?
- I hear talk of a High School Musical 4. From what I understand, number 3's subtitle is "Senior Year." So... Super Seniors? What a great way to encourage children to do their homework!
- What did I ever do to you, Zac Efron?[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]From what I understand, number 3's subtitle is "Senior Year." So... Super Seniors? What a great way to encourage children to do their homework![/FONT][/QUOTE]
I work at a movie theater and we just got a standee in for High School Musical 3. It's basically just got the main cast standing there looking pretty in dresses and suits with the words "HSM3" at the bottom. Senior Year is probably accurate.

Jonas Brothers are a big no for me. God, they're horrible. I'll never forgive them for butchering Kids in America. Kids of the Future my [i]arse[/i].[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]
I work at a movie theater and we just got a standee in for High School Musical 3. It's basically just got the main cast standing there looking pretty in dresses and suits with the words "HSM3" at the bottom. Senior Year is probably accurate.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Yeah, I saw that thing the other day. Nearly ruined the feeling of sheer ecstasy walking out of Crystal Skull.[/FONT]

[quote name='Aceburner][FONT="Comic Sans MS"']Eh, they're like most of Disney Channel's stuff to me. I'm not a fan at all and I wish I could walk around a public place without seeing their faces plastered over every freaking wall.[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Spoken like one of the few people left with minds in their skulls.

However, I see the Jonas Brothers more as a testament to Disney's current motto: "Who Needs Fresh Material?" Disney's shows were stale back in the nineties, so why are they continuing to use the same old tired gags and over-hyped adolescent "talent"?including Li'l Miss Cyrus?and better yet, why does every show they air have to cast perfectly good actors as fluff-heads? I mean, look at what it did to Lebouf. He got Disney's claws sunk into him, and now he's only good for the same annoying, arrogant, half-bumbling sidekick role because that's all producers associate with him, much like Tommy Lee Jones has been stereo-cast. Or cloned.

My mouth is frothing. That's not good.[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I must be the only girl who until now had no clue who this group was. So I went over to youtube and checked them out. Other than to think they lack originality, the actual singing is fine. The only problem I encountered was nothing jumped out or was memorable. It all sounded like some generic music for a kiddie show.

Nothing worth wasting the time to hate, but nothing to really like either. *shrug* [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]The Jonas Brothers and their sellout sister Hannah Montanna should both actually get the real feel.. of what not lip syncing at concerts is like. Sigh. How did the Jonas Bros get so famous with such... well. Not great music? Rich parents. Enough said. Same for Miley. There you have it folks. Rich kids.

Though, I do watch ABC alot. So I might accidentally catch Camp Rock and stare blankly at the screen for like 30 minutes.

p.s- Labeouf is a great actor! Come on man. He's not just a sidekick, he has main roles, but he does do the young sidekick role well, I might say. He's also been in indie films like The Battle of Shaker Heights. Great stuff. Haha. Now you all know that I'm a big Shia fan.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I mean, look at what it did to Lebouf. He got Disney's claws sunk into him, and now he's only good for the same annoying, arrogant, half-bumbling sidekick role because that's all producers associate with him, much like Tommy Lee Jones has been stereo-cast.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]He was basically the same character for Holes and Transformers (Haven't seen any other ones, but I hear it's the same for Disturbia, too.) I agree that he was getting typecast for a while, but he did a pretty good job of breaking out of that shell in the new Indiana Jones.[/FONT]

[quote name='Aceburner][FONT="Comic Sans MS"']He was basically the same character for Holes and Transformers (Haven't seen any other ones, but I hear it's the same for Disturbia, too.) I agree that he was getting typecast for a while, but he did a pretty good job of breaking out of that shell in the new Indiana Jones.[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]He was also the same in [I]Constantine [/I]and [I]I, Robot[/I], and Spielburg cast him for [I]Crystal Skull[/I] immediately because he wanted that character?an arrogant youthful foil to Indiana's mature wise side.

In all likelihood he's a good actor, but people will only see that side of him now, much like Patrick Stewart is permanently Jean-Luc Picard and William Shatner is permanently Stutter Kirk.

At any rate, Jonas is just more Disney mediocrity. 'Nuff said.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]He was also the same in [I]Constantine [/I]and [I]I, Robot[/I], and Spielburg cast him for [I]Crystal Skull[/I] immediately because he wanted that character?an arrogant youthful foil to Indiana's mature wise side.

In all likelihood he's a good actor, but people will only see that side of him now, much like Patrick Stewart is permanently Jean-Luc Picard and William Shatner is permanently Stutter Kirk.

At any rate, Jonas is just more Disney mediocrity. 'Nuff said.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Haha, Labeouf is lucky he got out of Disney's hands before the age of 17. His role in Constantine was very nice, and I don't watch all those Will Smith movies. Will Smith. Same guy in Men in Black, I Am Legend, I, Robot. Sigh. Will. Give it a rest. You're like fifty. And I don't care how many people like I Am Legend. It was a corny performance. Sorry, I always bag on Will.

But the new age of Disney is just... Bad. I mean. No more Boy Meets World. Which may be the only show I like. And its all corrupted by cheaply made movies and crap like that now. Also, they reuse the same actors for every series and movies. Gah. At least Phil of the Future doesn't use that tired side-view camera angle. Good job film crew for Phil of the Future. Good job.

But. I always get excited when Pixar movies actually show. I love Pixar. Good job Pixar.

**** you Jonas Brothers.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I don't hate them but as you put it here:[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]At any rate, Jonas is just more Disney mediocrity. 'Nuff said.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Mediocrity at it's finest really, but then Disney has been excelling at that for quite some time now. I do agree with Whoa, Mann about Pixar though.

[COLOR="Red"]I must say(despite my saying that i won't reply) , that Lebouf [I]does[/I] well, most of the time, play the sidekick, think about Constantine, Indiana Jones. but also, he was the star of the show in Transformers, Disturbia, and Holes. Transformers and Constantine were maybe the only movies that i really liked that Lebouf was in. Simply because of the story line. Him as the star. No way. Miley Cyrus *shakes head* what ever happened to Raven Symone? Miley Cyrus, why do people like her? The Jonas Brothers, why do most girls adore them? i mean, i don't. Those girls who adore them must look past the looks and actually listen to the music. Case Closed.[/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Miley Cyrus is the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus. She at least has that going for her, even though I dislike her music.

Raven Symone was cute on the Cosby show. Then she got Disney'd and they came out with That's so Raven, which I'm convinced is some kind of Communist Nazi KKK Political party you dislike torture device.[/font]

[quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Raven Symone was cute on the Cosby show. Then she got Disney'd and they came out with That's so Raven, which I'm convinced is some kind of Communist Nazi KKK Political party you dislike torture device.[/font][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Arial"]
I agree.

I hate Disney sooooo much. It's depressing that movies like the Lion King and Mulan would be beaten out of the box office in favor of heartless, soulless, bubblegum poppy teenage musicals. Ugghhh.[/FONT]

For me I'm not a fan of the Jonas Brothers. Most of my friends all like them and will force me to listen to there music which to me sounds all pretty much the same.

As for [COLOR=Black]Miley Cyrus I don't like her either. I am a fan of Billy Ray Cyrus but even that isn't that much better. When you have a song about how you want your mullet back then you are on shaky ground. Trace Cyrus has a little more talent then his sister Miley but not by much. Metro Station to me still sounds to much like the same stuff that has been playing for the past few years.

I do like [/COLOR][SIZE=2]Shia Labeouf some what. After seeing Disturbia two nights ago and some of his other movies he does have the same parts. Its tiring seeing him in the same roles when I sure he can do something else. He got caught in a type of role and now he can't seem to get out of it. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Speak o' the devil.

Raven Symone's on Celebrity Family Feud. What're the odds?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

OH! I saw that! :animesmil

And CrimsonKnight, don't backhand my employer!:mad: Your part is at the end of Case 1! You were the zoo owner's daughter! But I must admit...I guess I'm not so "GRR!" with Raven Symone. She's got spirit, I like spirit. If I could without getting fired, I'd thwack Boss over the head with my umbrella.:animeswea

[CENTER][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I've never been a big fan of the Jonas Brothers, but most of the girls (and a few guys) at my middle school were swooning over them.

As for Camp Rock... I don't watch a lot of Disney movies, but this was a good movie. The ending was my favorite part. Their vioces mixed well together, in my opinion.[/FONT][/CENTER]