OtakuBoards

Jonas Brothers & Camp Rock

Lunar

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]how many times must i tell you that looks don't mean talent?!:animeangr as for the jonas brothers being cute, they are average. i mean, some of the boys i've seen are better looking than them, and they aren't even famous! yeesh! what is wrong with you people!?[/COLOR]

[quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]how many times must i tell you that looks don't mean talent?!:animeangr[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]How many times have you so far? It looks like once, but I might have missed something. Besides, if you're chewing out Lunox over that, I can safely say she never suggested any such thing. Remember Sanjaya from American Idol? The Rock Star Formerly Known as Prince? Britney Spears? Yeah.

[quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]as for the jonas brothers being cute, they are average. i mean, some of the boys i've seen are better looking than them, and they aren't even famous! yeesh! what is wrong with you people!?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'm not one to speak on this subject, being a guy myself and pretty confident in my heterosexuality. However, as they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Also, we seem to all be agreeing with you on the lameness of the trio Jonas, so I don't think there's anything wrong with us.[/FONT]

[quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]one thing to say: Prince is a Fairy. have you seen his videos????[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]I for one hope you're just picking on him cause he's my idol. >_>[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Lunox][font=trebuchet ms] Uh...just to keep the record straight, I do [i]not[/i] find any of the Jonas Bros. attractive. I'm pretty [sure'] that train of thought it limited to 12-15 year olds.[/font][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Mostly the ones who follow what everyone else thinks because everyone else thinks it.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Red"]Fine! I admit that i agree with Clurr [SIZE="1"](no matter how much i don't want to)[/SIZE] I never said they don't have talent, I just said they can't sing. Who knows, the Jonas Bros. may be extremely good at creating video games!!!:catgirl: oh, and Aceburner, how would you know if Prince could sing or not?[I] hmm[/I]?[/COLOR]

[quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]oh, and Aceburner, how would you know if Prince could sing or not?[I] hmm[/I]?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Remember back when he claimed he was abducted by aliens and renamed, but the name was too hard to pronounce so instead he started using [B]The Rock Star Formerly Known as Prince[/B]?

My theory is the name was a vulgar alien word describing his singing voice.

I won't deny he has some pretty sweet guitar licks, though.[/FONT]

• 5 weeks later...
[font=trebuchet ms] I'm sorry guys, but [b]Burnin' Up[/b] is just, like....fabulous. Fabulous and terrible and awesome.

Awesomely bad tween pop, ahhh yes. It brings me back to the 90s, and therefore I heartily approve of [i]The Jonas Brothers[/i].[/font]

[FONT="Arial"]I don't think I actually "dislike" their music, but I know if I listen to it, I'll be annoyed by it sooner or later.

And I definitely don't want to put a smudge on my reputation! (Though I will say that Joe is looking pretty nice).[/FONT]

Wow... :confused:

Personally, I've never listened to them and I don't plan on it. However, I have heard Miley Cyrus and that was enough for me to disown the Disney Channel permanently. (In my already struggling relationship) It's all a business and don't think for one second that Disney doesn't expect these teen-idols to become burn-outs. They're only capitalizing on their fame right now. (Which is only generated from young children, who actually prefer generic vocals and music as opposed to actual musical talent) When the time comes, a new idol will pop up and these guys won't even be remembered by the general population.

Don't trust Disney. They'll step all over whoever it takes. Even if means ruining a very slight chance at a great career.

But hey, in about 10 years, Miley and the Jonas Bros. will be all over VH1's, "Best of the 2000s" and then we can all laugh at the jokes made at their expense and say, "I told you so."

Perhaps the most aggravating aspect to Disney fame is that you can't escape it. It's even on freakin' JC Penny commercials. (Which floods the TV box-thing right now to prepare for back-to-school) It wouldn't be as bad if I didn't have to see them. They're not worthy to be recognizable. :p