OtakuBoards

It's Independence Day... In America!

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial"]This was the first time I didn't get to see one firework on the fourth.

I blame living in Arizona. (And not going to Wisconsin.)

Thank you, fire dangers.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"]Are you saying that I can't visit, and use fireworks irresponsibly, in America?

If a man can't use gunpowder with reckless abandon and state approval in America, I don't know if any of my dreams will come true any more...in America!

Maybe I should just chill with the fluffy owl and his awesome stranglehold on the Texan barbecue monopoly. [That would make an awesome board game, by the way].
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='liamc2'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"]Are you saying that I can't visit, and use fireworks irresponsibly, in America?

If a man can't use gunpowder with reckless abandon and state approval in America, I don't know if any of my dreams will come true any more...in America![/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]It depends on which state you choose to live in. Literally. Some sell the more [I]irresponsible[/I], as they call it, fireworks where others don't. That's how everyone gets them, they take a trip into the states that do sell them. Or they find someone who has already acquired them and buy them.

We had neighbors up the street doing the illegal ones. They had quite a few of them actually. I rarely bother to get any since someone else always does, so I just watch what they set off. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]Toss Indi my regards, Rach. I hope she is fairing well and I also hope the drunk was arrested and is being dealt with.[/color][/QUOTE]Thanks and yes the fool was arrested and will be dealt with.

Anyway, like Darren said, I spent my Fourth in the hospital after the car I was in with friends was wrecked by a drunk driver running a red-light. I escaped with a concussion and bruises, but it still resulted in my being stuck in the hospital until the evening of the next day. So no barbecue or fireworks like I had originally planned.

Utah does have a pioneer day on the 24th with a smaller fireworks show so I'll have to make due with that. By then I should be more healed up and less tired from all the damn meds I was given to take. [/COLOR]

[color=darkgreen][font=garamond]This 'Phelps' man you speak of and Christianity, Dubya Bush and the US, China and ... whoever is in charge over there - great people, poorly represented. But don't worry, I feel ya.

I do agree Texas holds a pretty sweet barbeque, but please don't think you're going to walk into that title uncontested. Forget Christianity, barbeque [i]is[/i] the religion down here.
[/font][/color]

My mom loaded me, my aunt, uncle, cousin and sister (my dad decided to stay home because he had just come back from a business trip and was tired), and drove around looking for a park advertised in the newspaper for having fireworks. We spent [B]2[/B] whole hours driving. We could see the park's fireworks, we just couldn't find where they were being shot from!

Eventually, we pulled off to the side of the rode and watched the fireworks from there. Then we went home and watched fireworks on TV while I cussed out this city's decision to ban fireworks. Oh, how good those curses felt on my tongue after all that useless driving...:animeangr

EDIT: By the way, my deepest and most heartfelt regards to Rach, Indi, Sabrina and anyone I may have missed (feel free to flame me if I did.)! *hugs and sets of cyber-firewoks just for them*
(Heh heh. Ban [I]those[/I], government fools!)