OtakuBoards

What's your style of clothing?

Lunar

[COLOR="Indigo"]I'm sure there are many stlyes of wearing your clothes, but what's yours? Don't type the "group" you belong to, but specifics. I tend to be a little dorky, but I wear jeans, a t-shirt, or an overshirt and a black, blue or red tank top.[/COLOR]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]Cheap things.

I've never been one to spend money on clothes at all but I wear a variety. Sometimes I just wear normal jeans (which are actually men's anyway) and a black shirt or top. On most days I wear the clothes I've painted things on or made patches for. The majority of my t-shirts have painted slogans on them, my favourite being a yellow one I have with black slogans on it, hazard lines, Crass-ness and load'sa symbols.

Then some other days I wear my leather pants and my long coat which makes me look like a bit of a 'goth'. I have another pair of pants that I made out of two pairs - one leg is black and the other is white.

So it really depends what kind of mood I'm in. I'm not really ashamed to say at some points I probably end up fitting into some kind of group - sometimes I look like a lesbian, sometimes I look like I haven't washed them in about a month (I probably haven't), sometimes I look like a psychopath... anything. I definitely don't, at any point, look normal, haha.

Oh, I have a variety of really colourful shirts as well that I like to wear. And bondage tops/trousers (ebay, 99p!). I tend to always wear my leather jacket as well, it's probably the most expensive thing I've got... and I didn't buy it =D.[/size]

[font=trebuchet ms] My closet is really diverse, I pretty much buy things I find aesthetically pleasing, whether or not they're trendy or not. Generally I'm partial to preppy clothes, like polos and rugby stripes and argyle etc., so I love stores like J. Crew, but I also like digging through stores like Urban Outfitters (even though their clothes are ridiculously overpriced and not even of great quality) and American Apparel.

Basically I like anything I find good-looking, but there are some types of clothes I stay away from: 'bohemian' style (i.e. not a fan of the clear nerd glasses, or the "I just rolled out of bed" look that actually cost $200), Juicy (I HATE this brand), glam, punk/emo. [/font]

[FONT="Arial"]Jeans and a t-shirt. That's it.

I really only have four pairs of jeans that I'll wear out of the house; two are identical straight leg and two are identical skinnies. I would like to have a more diverse range of bottoms, but I'm so picky about it and I never like what I try on.

Most of the shirts that I wear are from [u][url=http://www.threadless.com]Threadless[/url][/u], but I also have a few band tees and shirts leftover from middle school (and one from fifth grade that fits perfectly!).

As for shoes, I currently have a pair of pewter and black checkered slip-ons from Vans. They're pretty beat up, though. I also have another pair of Vans, which are, I guess, just skate shoes, that I had to get for the Team Sports class I took over the summer. I haven't worn them in a while. I think I'm going to wear flip flops more often, now, though.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]My usual wont is either a three-button polo or button-down T-shirt, blue jeans with a black belt, and black Wolverines.

I have not changed this combination in several years, mostly because I don't like looking like a disheveled moron who doesn't give a damn. Thank you for your time.[/FONT]

I mostly wear band/wwe t-shirts with jeans. The t-shirts are mostly all black but i have a few other colors like tan, blue, purple, and red. Jeans are from anywhere from black to blue with a boot cut. I have other shirts that are black and white color that have no logos or words on them and pair of black comperes. I have a few skirts I wear sometimes however that is rare. I also wear belts some times that are studded or just black and I have a heartagram belt buckle that is black and silver.

For coats and jackets for winter i have two jean jackets with one that everyone likes to call my Billy Idol jacket. I also have a black trench coat that when it just to cold for me.

As for shoes I have some airwalk converse high-tops style that are plaid black and grays with pink skulls on the sides. I have 2 pairs heels for fancier occasions. I also have a pair of sort of combat boots too.

Now I consider hair accessories and jewelry clothing too. For hair I sometimes wear chop sticks to bandanna with skulls. I also like head bands. Some of the ones I have have skulls or are just solid colors. Jewelry is usually a necklace that is a pentagram or cross, dog collar with Scotties on it (it really is a dog collar), chokers, spikes. Earring range from pentagrams, crosses, pearls, and other types. Bracelets are studs/spikes or skulls, cats bracelets, and arm warmers with skulls and chains. Rings are either skulls, butterflies, swirl designs, and blue jeweled.

[SIZE="1"]Ha, clothing style. Well this time of year I wear shorts and tank tops and t-shirts. Yeah shorty shorts. My favorite pair of shorts are beige and comfortable. I don't spend much on clothes.

I like Deb for pants and shorts and some shirts, and I can sometimes find shirts at Walmart and Target, but I don't buy pants or shorts there because they arn't my style. o_O My shirts vary from somewhat dressy to plain t-shirt. My current favorite bing a teal tank top with thin strips on it. I'll wear almost any color, except pink, or purple. I do not wear pink, ever.

When its not warm enough for shorts I wear jeans. I'm all for the huge bell bottoms, I don't care what you say. :p I love hoodies aswell. I have my Taekwondo hoody I wore a lot last year, and the year before, and I have a few others that'll I'll be able to wear this fall. One says Vanyo Fight Team on the front with two guys kicking each other in the back(this would be the team I'm on), and one I got at my fight in Chicago that says 2008 Wako Championship. So I don't buy those things in stores.

As for jackets, I have a basic black coat with a thin blue trim down the sleeve, and light blue fleece inside. Its comfortable, practical for winter weather, and not stylish at all. I also have another jacket that my dad bought me for Christmas last year that must have been atleast $50. Its long and brown, suade I think, with a furry interior. Its alright, I would mainly wear it to church during winter time. It doesn't have much room to move around in. I also have a pleather jacket I bought in my high school days, its real thin. Its nice, but I don't know when the last time was that I wore it.

My shoes are very basic. I have a few pairs of Sketchers, most are old and I'll use them if I go to the park and its muddy or something. Plus my Addidas running shoes, which I use more than anything. They're white and light blue. I bought them just before going to Japan last year, and specifically for that, and running of course.

I'm not a girly girl atall. I wear earrings, and a cross necklace here and there, and I like jeans and short shorts, but I don't wear skirts or dresses atall. To church its dress pants, always, heh. The last time I wore a dress was for my graduation in 2005.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]My clothing style hasn't changed much since I was younger. I tend to just wear t-shirts and jeans, or button-down shirts instead of t-shirts. Sometimes I go crazy and wear a t-shirt under a button-down shirt. Some are plain, some have patterns, some have band logos and stuff.

My jeans range from a light-blue pair of really baggy jeans which I love because they're so comfortable, but they're pretty scruffy so I don't wear them out much, then I have two pairs of darker boot-cut jeans and one really dark blue straight-leg jeans I bought recently.

As for shoes, I usually wear either a fairly battered pair of Etnies or my newer pair of Vans Off The Walls, which I'm a big fan of. If it's cold out I wear either a black zip-up hooded jumper or a brown canvassy-style jacket. I'm gonna get a leather jacket fairly soon anyway, which should probably replace my brown jacket.

I'm not hugely into the current British fashions - the bohemian look or indie/emo kids - I just think they look a bit stupid.
[/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial]Ah yes, almost forgot. When outside, I am [I]always[/I] wearing close-fitting sunglasses (regardless of the season) because direct sunlight makes me sneeze violently. And it's just no fun feeling like the Duchess's son. Sometimes I forget and wear them inside or after sundown as well, and so people started calling me Shades and singing Corey Hart when I walk by.

Which is depressing, because most people I know can't sing. Typically the vocal majors.

Also, sometimes in winter (oh gosh, that was bad) I wear this huge black topcoat. I like it because it's thick enough to keep me warm, and yet ventilated at the neckline so I don't suffocate myself with my own body heat. And also it tends to flap out at the most opportune moments?which can be rather intimidating, I've heard. I know I scared a freshman so badly he fled to the other side of campus for fear I'd follow.

I should really stop looking so angry when I think.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]It varies with my mood [then again, numerous people are like that, heh]. Some days I feel like gussying myself up with a skirt and a somewhat babydoll shirt, other days I feel like being a lazy slouch and wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Also depends on what I have clean, etc etc.

As soon as it gets warm out, though, I'm in sandals. I have tennis shoes I can just slip on, but I like the freedom of sandals. On [i]very[/i] special occasions [read - rarely], I'll shovel my feet into my black Converse...which, due to my obscure feet size, are a pain to get on and off.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I just about always wear jeans and simple shirts. The patterns vary a lot but they all have one thing in common, none of them are tank tops or sleeveless. They're all modest. For shoes I just wear sneakers and sandals.

In the winter, the style is the same except the shirts are often long sleeved to ward off the cold. I like to avoid jackets as long as possible, saving that for when I really need it. When I do, I just have a basic coat that's red with green trim. I do have boots, but unless I go up in the mountains, I don't really use them much in the winter.[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I waffle between clinically derranged outfits stolen from inmates and emo children and functional form fitting clothing.

On any given day you might see me in my quentissential Merrell hiking boots, form fitting Aeropostale jeans, and any kind of top. It might be a black t-shirt turned halter, a ripped up Led Zeppelin blouse, or a green tube top. On other days I might be wearing cute skirts, and a flowery top and lace up sandals.

However when I go to the right clubs, I'm wearing a red and black vinyl hook and eye top, a black leather O ring collar, black business slacks, and six inch stilettos. I like to keep things varied. Oh yes, and I too wear sunglasses in direct or indirect sunlight, as being blinded is not conducive for someone who spends about 2 hours a day on the road. That and no matter what I'm wearing I will be wearing matching earrings over three inches long.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Emo??? wow.:animestun as for shoes, boots, with heels 4 to 5 inches. I have one skirt which i wear with a top with tinkerbelle or a kitten on it. i have some dresses, but i only wear them on special occasions. i'm not really into wearing black. I wear rings and not really necklaces, I don't wear short shorts. i take pride in my fingernails. :animedepr as for winter, sweaters of many different colors with jeans and boots all the time with a scarf and a totally awesome skull cap or beanie. which brings me to another question. what do you wear as pajamas? [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Who needs PJs? Birthday suits are so much more comfortable!

Although before actual sleeping I usually wear loose fitting linen capris or my own hand sewn flannel pj bottoms if it's cold and loose fitting shirts. I also have some actual nightshirts with three quarter sleeves that are actually pretty heirloomish from both grandmothers. So sometimes those if it's cooler.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Tripps. Which aren't exactly the best pants. They're overly expensive and they rip easily. But they look cool, so I'm okay with it. I wear just about any tee with a slogan or odd saying on it. Black, of course. On occasion I wear blue jeans and a polo, which is totally not me, but it's comfortable.

[FONT="Arial"]During the warmer months, I wear shorts and a t-shirt to bed. I've recently discovered the wonder that is basketball shorts. Also of late, I've designated shirts to wear to sleep in, whereas in the past I just threw on whatever was clean and would end up wearing it out the next day.

When it's too cold to wear short sleeves, I put on sweatpants. When it's absolutely freezing (which is really only 60 and below here in Florida, but my bedroom is so poorly insulated or something that it ends up feeling like the North Pole in here) I try to find some toe socks and a hoodie to keep me warm beneath three or four blankets.[/FONT]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] My closet is really diverse, I pretty much buy things I find aesthetically pleasing, whether or not they're trendy or not. Generally I'm partial to preppy clothes, like polos and rugby stripes and argyle etc., so I love stores like J. Crew, but I also like digging through stores like Urban Outfitters (even though their clothes are ridiculously overpriced and not even of great quality) and American Apparel.

Basically I like anything I find good-looking, but there are some types of clothes I stay away from: 'bohemian' style (i.e. not a fan of the clear nerd glasses, or the "I just rolled out of bed" look that actually cost $200), Juicy (I HATE this brand), glam, punk/emo. [/font][/QUOTE]
[font=Arial]Will you marry me?

I generally wear prep gear... Ralph Lauren and J. Crew are my wardrobe staples. Fitted shirts with little to no graphic design on them, nice collared shirts, etc are my faves. For pants, I generally stick to dark denim, straight or slim cut. Usually accompanied by loafers ("driving shoes"), but I rock Converse from time to time.

I love winter, because it gives me an excuse to break out the cardigan and peacoat. Summer is generally a drag because I'm not a big fan of shorts, so I suffer haha.

I spend a decent amount on clothes, mostly because I'm a narcissist. A decent day of shopping will set me back maybe $200. I judge people on the way they look, and I'm sure others do the same to me, so I prefer to get my **** together in the mornings.[/font]

[b]Tops[/b]
T-shirts?!? On me?!? Okay, on [i]rare[/i] occasions I will wear a T-shirt, one that's either a kid's size or too big on me, and usually features an animal or mythical creature on the front. But for the most part, as far as tops go, I can be pretty varied, and definitely not conservative or too mainstream. I might wear a short-sleeved blouse that's a solid colour or has stripes, shows enough of my chest so that the charm on a necklace can touch my skin, and either is form-fitting or has a tie around the waist. I'm also very fond of medium-length sleeves on shirts, especially if they're on a pretty fancy-looking top.

In the summer I find myself occasionally wearing spaghetti-strap tops, especially the ones that look almost capable of being lingerie. These tops HAVE to be form-fitting for me, so as to add to the flattering effect. And in the winter I wear long-sleeved shirts at times--I also like sleeves that are bunched up at the end. But no matter which type of top it is, I always look for style in it.

[b]Bottoms[/b]
I can tolerate more plainness with trousers than shirts. Yes, I do wear jeans sometimes, but they can't be baggy or light-coloured or have holes in them. I especially like little designs or vertical stripes on my jeans, and I like the legs to flare out on the bottom. But a lot of my trousers are made of softer materials--I especially love my black velvet ones.

But I love skirts, especially ones that are flowy and fairly long. My favourite is a long purple skirt that looks almost ragged, but that's what I love about it. I can't stand skirts that are plain and just go straight down without doing anything. Booooring. And I'm not a fan of shorts, but there is the rare occasion that I will wear them with a tank top in summer. Sometimes I pair such tops with a black miniskirt instead, and striped or fishnetted knee socks. ^_^

[b]Shoes[/b]
Rule of thumb: NEVER wear sneakers with skirts or trousers that don't cover my ankles. I'll wear them with my long jeans, maybe, especially when I have to do a lot of walking. But I also like wearing sandals, sometimes with socks underneath. And I have so many different colours and styles of socks... But sometimes, especially when wearing a skirt, I like to be a little fancy with more strappy sandals, sometimes with heels--but nothing higher than two inches or my feet hurt. I also have a pair of black high-heeled boots I wear with long skirts and such. Although they make a loud clip-clopping noise when I walk, I love how they look. Sometimes I will be lazy and wear flipflops as well. I think overall I prefer black shoes, unless they're sandals. Although I have a white pair and a blue pair.

[b]Jewelry[/b]
My ears aren't pierced, so I don't wear any earrings... besides, my long curly hair would hide most earrings unless they're particularly showy. And I hardly ever wear bracelets because it's nigh impossible to find bracelets that fit my tiny little wrists. Although I did have a watch custom-fitted once and it looks more like a bracelet. Sometimes I wear a dainty yet stylish ring on my right index finger--or middle if it won't slip off.

But I most commonly wear necklaces, sometimes a showy pendant on a chain, sometimes a more sophisticated and elaborate one. It's too difficult to describe the variety here...

[b]Miscellaneous[/b]
As far as outerwear goes, I especially love my denim jacket with the nice long and slightly-flared-out sleeves, and the black suede coat lined with fur. I am really fond of long coats, but they're hard to come by... I also like my long light-blue sweater I wear with lighter outfits.

I'm a big fan of hats. I like brims on the hats, but they have to be even all the way around and no wider than an inch or two. And baseball caps?! NEVER. I'm very picky when it comes to hats, but I wear them quite frequently.

[b]Overall Look and Colours[/b]
I often find I add a touch of the old-fashioned look to my clothing, if I so please. Just enough to remind one mildly of Victorian or Renaissance times, so to speak. But then sometimes I go for the more classy, modern look, and sometimes I like to "dress sexy" for no apparent reason. Life is a nightclub, I might figure on those days. Then sometimes I go for the tough look, so as to appear slightly intimidating. Or the slightly childish look, to enhance my cuteness. Sometimes I blend two or more of these styles together as well. But I always like to be different and stylish.

I prefer wearing cooler colours (black, purple, green, blue, grey), but I also like red and the deeper pinks for some reason. Brown and white are sometimes okay. But I [i]hate[/i] wearing orange and yellow, except maybe on socks. Yellow makes me look like a rotten banana or something you might find in a toilet...

[color=#9933ff]Generally you can see me in a lovely maroon colored polo shirt and various styles of khaki colored pants- oh and addidas sneakers I can't spell the name, but I love them.

Okay enough about my work outfit. Generally though I wear a lot of t-shirts and jeans or shorts. I own a few sweaters- my favorite one being a brown 3/4 sleeved zipper hoodie that I got at Macy's on a mark down and I wear it with a tank top or a longer shirt and some dressier stuff, but I'm most comfortable in casual stuff.

As for footwear- that depends on the weather and what else I'm wearing. During the summer I wear sandals. This year I got addicted to a pair of Sketcher's sandals and bought a pair in brown and a pair in black. I am also quite partial to ballet flats- my aunt just bought me a pair of dark purple patent leather ones for my birthday. And of course sneakers. Most of my 35 pairs of shoes are either sneakers (including a pair of casual not quite sneakers from Sketchers that my mom says look like bowling shoes- my friend Lisa has the same ones) or sandals. I own a few pairs of heels But seriously have you ever tried to chase after a toddler in heels? Get real it's illogical and therefore not happening.

Concerning the stores I shop in. Mostly low end since I not only have myself to buy for but also a daughter who continues to sprout up like a weed and I don't want her wearing ugly or ill fitting clothes because like someone else said on here, people do judge you on how you look. The key is to dress like you have money. I buy a lot of stuff from Steve and Barry's and Target. I get the rest at Macy's, Kohl's, JCPenny and even WalMart* . I'm not too particular on color either. But I do care about style,so no high cut tapered leg pants. They are really a don't.

Hope that helps. And PS yes I did ambush my boyfriend with a friend of ours and force him to get some new clothes.[/color]

Tan or gray slacks along with long sleeve dress shirts. I have either black or brown Loafer shoes to go along with it. >_> It?s called a dress code that all teachers are required to wear. I could probably get away with jeans but I don?t.

Now outside of work and school, I do tend to wear jeans and Polo shirts. I switch out the Loafers for black shoes from Redwing. I do have t-shirts but I don?t really wear them very often. Same with shorts, I like them, but I don?t wear them very often.

Night time, I do wear basic pajamas, shirt and pants, preferably a knit material. Long sleeved and full pants for winter since it can get pretty cold here. Then short sleeves and shorts for summer. =P

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][COLOR="Indigo"]My heavens! all this reading is making me dizzy! ah, well. I don't really have a "pajama" set, i don't want to, nobody's gonna be looking at you while you sleep. anyway, i tend to wear my totally awesome red capris that i used to wear when i wasn't sleeping, but got paint splattered on them. i also wear basketball shorts, since i am a parttime baller, heehee......:animeblus i also have this pair of gray jogging pants that got ripped but i sewed, making them look like the joker's mouth, they're extremely comfortable. as for tops, a t-shirt that's my dad's or a shirt that's not fit for wearing out. winter, sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt and a scarf, and socks....[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Lets see for sleeping I like night shirts that go down to just above your knees. In the winter I'll wear thermals pants with the night shirt since I'm in a basement apartment so sometimes it gets chilly. Oh and any time of the year, I love socks that are all fuzzy on the inside, so comfy. ^^ [/FONT]