OtakuBoards

What's your style of clothing?

Lunar

[color=#9933ff]Oh man you want to talk sleeping? I have regular PJs Kinda. I have a lot of PJ bottoms (My favorites are my Happy Bunny ones, and a pair from my mom that say [color=black]I[/color] [color=red]♥[/color][color=black]NY[/color] all over them. For mild weather I usually wear a t-shirt of any length and style. But I'm kinda style obsessed so it's usuall fitted. Usually with the NY one I wear my Enjoy Coca-cola t-shirt that has the Enjoy Coca cola in Japanese. For winter I have some flannel PJs and my newest ones I want to get are a mixed set from Target Pink plaid flannel bottoms and a t-shirt that is also pink but has a running horse on it.

My summer ones vary. I have some quasi sexy stuff. But it's like why bother if I'm the only one who sees it. I have a purple set with Happy Bunny making faces on it- it's just a long t-shirt and some bum shorts.

Yeah I also forgot to talk about accessories in my last post. But there isn't really much to my accessories since I can't really wear much at work. I usually have my little diamond studs in my second holes all the time and this silver ring with a pink heart shaped stone that my boyfriend gave me for Christmas and a watch. The watches vary- I have a retro Strawberry shortcake one with a pale blue patent leather band, my Timex with a purple face or my Relic (yes I'm cheap like that) with the blue face. I own a lot of earrings and necklaces, but unless I really think about it or it'd go good with what I'm wearing for going out I don't really bother. But maybe I should?[/color]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever's comfortable.

But my most favorite articles of clothing come from American Apparel!!! The softest, coolest clothes to wear EVER!

I'll pretty much shop anywhere. Hot Topic, American Eagle, The Gap, Guess, etc... The only place I refuse to step foot in is A&F...

As far as actual articles of clothing, I mostly just wear T-shirts, jeans, and high top converse. However, If I could wear the same thing ever day of the year (without getting strange looks) it would be my stretch denim (skinny) jeans and my black v-neck. (or white and gray 3/4 shirt) All courtesy of AA...

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Well I tend to wear lots of black, allways long sleeves and pants and i have two pairs of doc marten boots one dark red and the other black - i guess that if i cant find anything else then i wear jeans but thats rare, mainly im just like a human shape void that repels all kinds of light =p

as for brands and such i really couldn't care less, there are some out of the way brands that i do prefer but i dont really like walking around with slogans and whatnot everywhere [/COLOR]

[FONT="Garamond"]I am slowly morphing my wardrobe into that remiscent of a Korean Hip Hop artist's. Weird? Totally. Awesome? Absolutely. My fashion icon is the beloved monkey-faced artist none other than MC Mong.

On a sidenote, I tend to love shoes that are non-functional. I have flats that hurt after 20 minutes and gladiator sandals that make me bleed. I love them. I love them so much.[/FONT]

My typical outfits all year long are oversized hoodies of all styles and colors and low rise flares with tennis shoes. The tennis shoes HAVE to be black.

In the summer, I wear different shoes every day. flip flops, tennis shoes, crocs, sandals, boots, etc. During drama productions I wear all black. I love black and red so you can find me wearing that a lot.

In cold weather I wear loose flowing skirts over my low rise flares with my boots or tennis shoes with a long sleeved shirt underneath a tight fit t-shirt. I love matching wild colors and I loooove layering most of all.

During spring I wear a lot of gypsy type style of clothing with various skirts and loose blouses. I really want to get a corset and a belly dancer's sash to wear around my skirts.

So I guess my clothing styles during the day can be considered gothic, gypsy, or prep. This all depends on the weather and my mood.

As for what I sleep in...Sports/basketball/board shorts and a t-shirt/tank top. I HATE wearing anything too long pants wise because it always bundles up around my thighs and I hate that feeling. This is mainly because I sleep in a ball half the time and the other time flat on my stomach.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Hmmmm. My style...

Well. I do wear alot of light colours. Pink. Cyan. Lime green. And then some values, of course, but mostly light colours. Most of the shirts I wear are band shirts. I have two pairs of vans slip-ons. One pair, gray and black, and checkered. The other, cyan and black, and sporting a band called The Germs. I have other pairs of shoes as well, such as my Tigers (they come from a Japanese sport shoe brand that is hard for me to memorize. Though I believe it's called [I]Onitsuka[/I].) Other than shoes, and shirts, I wear a lot of gym shorts (yes, gym shorts), straight fit Bullhead jeans, and some tight jeans of course. I wear sun glasses some times too, but these sun glasses are the big kind that girls wear. Mine even have a butterfly on the side of them, haha.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]I live in a city centre close to a Cyberdog shop. Although it happens to be beyond ridiculously expensive I tend to buy my clothes there. The trousers fit me because I am tall and the t-shirts look better on me because I seem to have no weight on me. The good thing is that I don't need to spend too much too often since the clothes from there seem to last for a rather long time and are also incredibly creative.

I don't too much mind wearing other things and I don't too much fit into a catergory, despite all the labels thrown in my general direction. I do quite like my bright neon clothing.[/size]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]My style is stuff that's comfortable. That usually means jeans, and short sleeved button shirts in addition to t-shirts. Nothing outrageous, but nothing too plain either. Summer sees me wearing sandals and winter sees me wearing sneakers. I have nicer business clothing and a few dresses, but I just about never wear them.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Japan_86']During spring I wear a lot of gypsy type style of clothing with various skirts and loose blouses. I really want to get a corset and a belly dancer's sash to wear around my skirts.

So I guess my clothing styles during the day can be considered gothic, gypsy, or prep. This all depends on the weather and my mood.
[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of a discussion I had with someone about the existance of modern day gypsies. I have had a run in with many a gypsy; crafty folk. But anyway...

Nothing but skin tight flesh colored body suits, and chaps, lots and lots of chaps.

[size=1]My fashion varies big time. Although I'm stereotyped as emo or scene, I'm not actually too sure what I may be. Perhaps at times I am some form of punk, especially since the majority of my shopping occurs at such stores as "Hot Topic," but I have a tendency to just love the most unusual fashion.

During the Fall and Winter, I tend to stray away from my punk roots and take on what many call a more "European" fashion, consisting of scarves and long jackets and etc. I go very retro, if you will, and therefore kind of lean towards what's called the Indie Scene.

I am also a huge fan of hats and love all varities of them. I tend to have a certain hat I favor each year, so people will say, "This year's model is..." and it's very true. This year's model is my black and white striped beanie. It's guaranteed to change when I come across another hat that I fancy more and I think I look better in. That's how it always goes.

Either way, I am a major fan of fashion and could discuss it for hours. I am one of the biggest fashion buffs you'll meet for being a straight guy, haha. However, I am not vain. I care about how I look, but I'm still approachable.

[img]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7754/seriousgavinsd1.jpg[/img]
My Regular Fashion

[img]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/3681/shmexygavingl1.jpg[/img]
Fall Fashion, although not the best picture to show it. There's a scarf! I'll find better ones =/[/size]

My "style" has changed over the years, but now it's pretty much settled into a basic mode:

- Blue jeans: The only type of pants I enjoy wearing, and since I don't like shorts, I wear pants all the time. A belt mainly because I'm skinny and I need it to keep the pants from sliding down my hips, but also as a place to hang my keys.

- Button-up shirts with the collar open and the sleeves rolled up, sometimes a T-shirt underneath. Longsleeved shirts in the winter, as well as a heavy blue jacket.

- Shoes have never mattered much to me as long as they fit and I like the way they look. Currently I have a pair of black and white Converse (inspired by David Tennant's style in Doctor Who).

I don't really like bright colors. Mainly blues, black, white only if it looks good, green or red only if it's the dark kind.

[quote name='Calypso'][COLOR="Sienna"]Wow. It's cool that you wear emo style.....................anyways, what styles do you find attractive on the opposite sex?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]I like when guys wear t-shirts, jeans and nice sneakers. Which is exactly why my boyfriend needs another make over :animesigh I started on him a few months ago, but now his sneakers are ugly and he only owns one pair. How does that work? I mean I have like six pairs of sneakers alone.

Getting slightly dressed up is nice too. I like guys who at least look like they care what they look like, but don't get hung up on it.

What I want to know is what is up with guys wearing their pants down past their butts. How is that attractive?[/color]

[COLOR="Sienna"]It's not attractive, it's just plain gross and if he gets chased by a dog and his pants fall down, it's all on him! For me, I tend to like guys who wear skull caps, jeans and a t-shirt. Or a guy who wears jeans a partly open button down shirt and a tank top underneath!(most preffered) Or, a guy who dresses spiffy all the time! I really don't care as long as he's not wearing tight pants and a beanie and a rocker shirt or if his pants are sagging under his but and you can see his underwear.:animedepr[/COLOR]

[quote name='Calypso'][COLOR="Sienna"]Wow. It's cool that you wear emo style.....................anyways, what styles do you find attractive on the opposite sex?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms]
Best) Simple Prep: polos, blazers, slacks, khakis, vests, butterfly bow ties, striped ties, Sperrys, oxfords, sweaters, etc. Dress a guy with one or two of these items from J. Crew/Ralph Lauren/etc. and it's automatic win.

Acceptable) Edgy gent, casual, urban

Unacceptable) Super-Prep (because guys will look gay at this point), punk, emo, hipster, hip-hop, glam

But I also like it when guys wear really guy-like clothes, if that makes sense. Like if it's winter, I will melt if I see a guy in a nice toggle coat and scarf. But if I see a guy with tousled hair, jeans, and some generic winter ski-jacket, and he looks good without caring, I will probably melt more.[/font]

[FONT="Arial"]When I'm not working (that requires a uniform by the way) I prefer casual clothing such as blue jeans and t-shirts. So long as it's nice and clean, I'm not picky on the style. The only thing I don't like is black. It just absorbs too much heat in the summer in addition to showing any dirt clearly.

I have sandals for during the summer, but the rest of the time I wear hiking boots from Red Wings. They work exceptionally well for both work and at home. I have some plain black dress shoes for other occasions.

Socks I am extremely picky about. Right now the only thing I'll wear is Thorlo. Depending on what work I'm doing, regular socks just don't cut it.

When it comes to suits and dress uniforms, the first is usually just a clean business look, that's one area where black is fine, and the latter is of course what's required for work. I don't really like wearing either one though. [/FONT]

[quote name='Nathan'][FONT="Arial"]

Socks I am extremely picky about. Right now the only thing I'll wear is Thorlo. Depending on what work I'm doing, regular socks just don't cut it.

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Sienna"]Nathan..................................socks? :confused:[/COLOR]

[size=1]Haha not really opposite...

A lot of things.

Ripped tank tops or just general plain t-shirts. Jeans that aren't 'lesbian' (you know, you see half of the lesbian population running around in the same style jeans), or a bit ripped and roughed up, maybe the men's jeans you buy from NEXT - have you ever seen a girl with an amazing dancer body wearing a perfectly fitting t-shirt and then men's trousers that only fit her waist? Of course, it's not incredibly baggy and crap, but it's rather... nice. That's just the 'normal' thing I like.

Take it one step further: girls who have mohawks (this rule does not apply if the said mohawk is bigger than mine used to be... I'm very sensitive about that but it's difficult to get any bigger) and lots of nice things on their t-shirts. Rips are nice again. Mini skirts or tartan, lovely stuff. Leopard print, but not the stupid mainstream crap people wear, imaginatively worn. Leather jackets or denim with studs in or patches. Docs. You know, all that kind of crap - as long as they don't look like a man afterwards, because that's my job.

And the final step? No, it wouldn't be no clothes at all. I should probably leave this one out...

In the unlikely reality that I turn around and say that a boy is good looking (not that I'm necessarily attracted to them) then it's normally, again, with the punky stuff because these are the kind of wildlife I'm used to. I don't like the silly mainstream modern third-wave crap that goes on nowadays, I prefer the originals who do it themselves rather than buy the band t-shirt and have a fauxhawk. I also like cybergoths - they're pretty. The majority of them, anyway.

Boys who cross dress are quite good looking as well.[/size]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]

Boys who cross dress are quite good looking as well.[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Sienna"]NO WAY!!! :animeangr The only thing that's close to cross-dressing is guys wearing pink shirts..........then that's hot. Well only on one guy I've seen. :catgirl:But as far as them cross-dressing, thumbs down.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Calypso'][COLOR="Sienna"]NO WAY!!! :animeangr The only thing that's close to cross-dressing is guys wearing pink shirts..........then that's hot. Well only on one guy I've seen. :catgirl:But as far as them cross-dressing, thumbs down.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

You've never seen Eddie Izzard, have you? :animesmil

Sorry, I digress. Carry on.