OtakuBoards

Drinks for people who hate the taste of alcohol.

eleanor

I don't think you'll ever find Soju in any western store...at least not soju like you can get in Korea....actually if I lived in Korea I would probably just die from drinking OB and soju every night (actually almost happened to me at a jucy....well a bar.)

Jaggerbombs are a great way to get hammered....well if you drink enough of them. They do taste pretty good as long as they're the first thing you drink. My familiy makes jagger nukes, we have 5 big gulp cups (64 oz). Fill them 3/4 of the way with Jagger and a tiny bit of redbull and call me in the morning....just to let you know who your with and where your at.

As for the milk thing, I'm not even going to add my two cents. If it works for you it works, I don't think I could stomach it though. Maybe if I was drinking something sweet and light, but then there would be no reason to. All in all, if you have to risk every lunch you've had for a week just to drink. I'd probably elect not to drink.

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']I don't think you'll ever find Soju in any western store...at least not soju like you can get in Korea....actually if I lived in Korea I would probably just die from drinking OB and soju every night (actually almost happened to me at a jucy....well a bar.)[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Oh yea of little faith, clearly you have never been to California. In any store on the coast you can get Soju. In fact some Korean BBQ places have special liquor licenses for their businesses that only allow them to serve Soju. Come on now.

You're not as alone as you think...[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
The only qualm I have with mixing Vodka with anything is that "normally" (based on the people I've drank with) people that mix enough other stuff in to completly take the alcohol taste away, usually are the people that get full before they get buzzed. I don't know about the sugar, might have to try it.

Would you recommend cherry or Grape?

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]Does anyone know if Midori is commonly sold at places?[/font][/QUOTE]
[font=Arial]Yes, at liquor stores.

As for drinks that aren't terrible on the way down: smirnoff ice, bacardi breezer, bacardi silver, mike's hard lemonade, white russians, amaretto sours are all good bets.

If you don't feel like doing all that specialty shopping just for a nice drink, just mix your drinks with less alcohol, and use powerful-tasting mixer (such as cranberry juice, or lemon/lime juice for an accent).

And honestly, chase your shots you big ninny :p[/font]

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']The only qualm I have with mixing Vodka with anything is that "normally" (based on the people I've drank with) people that mix enough other stuff in to completly take the alcohol taste away, usually are the people that get full before they get buzzed. I don't know about the sugar, might have to try it.

Would you recommend cherry or Grape?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]There IS Grape flavored vodka, but the side effect is that you eventually feel like you're drinking Dimeatap. And not the good kind. I'm talking the kind they modified for allergies as well as colds and headaches.

Steer clear. And Cherry is okay when it's Maraschino cherries, but as far as grape flavors in mixed drinks? Don't do it. Citrus is a better bet. Please keep in mind however that the more colorful the drink, the less manly you are.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name=' Raiha']There IS Grape flavored vodka, but the side effect is that you eventually feel like you're drinking Dimeatap. And not the good kind. [/quote]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
lolwut? Where are you buying your Dimeatap, because I can only find the bad kind. :rolleyes:

I disagree on the whole fruity drinks thing. It only makes you less manly if you're also putting your hands on your hips and ordering drinks in a valley girl voice. But I digress.[/FONT]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Uhm, i don't know anything about making drinks. There's this one podcast that's called "Tiki Bar" that is like a comedy show that features a new drink every episode. They give the exact specs to make the drink along with the name. So, maybe check that out if you want some more interesting ideas and a bit of comedy goodness.

I do remember drinking this one drink once.... that was quite tasty. I wish i could remember what was in it. I want to say it was mountain dew, everclear, and something else.... or maybe that was it. It didn't taste like it had any alcohol in it at all and i still got a little tipsy. [/FONT]

Uch. I couldn't agree with you more. Most liquor tastes nasty.

Vodka doesn't taste so bad mixed with fruit juices. If you haven't tried Jager, it tastes more like liquorish than liquor, but beware that stuff: one bad night with Jager will make you wanna vomit just by the smell. But before that happens, its less harsh I think atleast...didn't quite give me the gag reflex like others.

Kahlua doesn't taste too liquory either...but that's probably just because it has a low proof.

& When drinking tequila it always helps to lick your hand, pour salt on it, have a lime slice on hand, then lick the salt, take the shot, and bite and suck the lime. It nearly banishes the pukey feeling before it even emerges.

Other than that, I woud just make mixed drinks with less alchohol in them, but then drink more, so you get the same amount of alchohol, but the lower concentration of it per drink makes it alot easier on your stomache.

[size=1]I still do not get why anyone would want to get drunk on purpose, but at the same time hate the taste of alcohol. But anyway. Girls can mix and drink fruity drinks. If you are 14 years old and you are at a party and everyone wants to try alcohol without actually tasting it / bearing too much of the smell back home.

Men cannot mix with silly things. Fruity drinks are completely out of the question. If anything, take Malibu with some pineapple, but [i]that's it[/i]. Men drink whisky and beer if anything at all. Unless you are below 5'2". Besides, men don't drink whisky until they're drunk. If you do not like the taste of beer or whisky, which is not very uncommon; drink Ice Tea. No alcohol, just Ice Tea. It is awesome and if you care about it much; you even give the impression that it is liquor if the bottle/pack is not too obviously on the table or something.

On a different note: If you are going to drink Tequila, just drink it. All the silly pish posh makes no sense. If you do not like the taste, do not drink it. Easy as that. Heck, you should try absynth if you think tequila tastes bad... Not because it tastes [i]better[/i], mind you.

And well. Getting drunk is silly in any case, but if you insist on doing it, do it the hard way like the cool kids.

However, just do not get drunk.[/size]

[quote name='Boo'][size=1]And well. Getting drunk is silly in any case, but if you insist on doing it, do it the hard way like the cool kids.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I agree. I never understood this purposly getting drunk for 'fun' fad. I could have the same stupid fun without alcohol, lol.

I'm not a drinker, I don't drink atall. Thats not to say that I never have though. While in Japan I had one shot of whiskey, lol. That was quite interesting. I can't stand the smell or taste of alcohol.[/SIZE]

Being British, binge drinking was, well, part of my up bringing :P If you want a nice tasting shot (i assume we're talking shots because they're nearly all foul lol) Aftershock do some tastey flavours (Black Aftershock, being blackcurrant, is rather tastey but they do a few different flavours). Southern Comforts quite mild if you can stomach whiskey, kinda sweet and doesnt strip your throat on the way down. Lastly i'd suggest Port, i've recently started having the odd tipple and from what i can gather its just strong red wine that doesnt taste like vinegar, again its rather sweet and tastey :P

You and I are in the same boat. I'd recommend bacardi, sake, rum in coke, and whiskey in coke.

I hate beers, wines and vodkas but I love the above mentioned. Want to get drunk, stick with the hard liquor mixed with coke.

Oh and...drink the sake hot...easier to go down because the temperature masks some of the alcohol.

• 3 weeks later...
[font=trebuchet ms] I'm proud (worried?) to announce that I can down hard liquors now. Although I prefer vodka/cranberry juice and rum/coke. And if I'm feeling chill I really enjoy Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade.

Now excuse me while I go cram for finals for three days so I can tell myself "I deserve this" when I get hammered Friday night. [/font]