OtakuBoards

Barack Obama: Confirmed to be 44th President of the United States

Mr. Maul

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]To all the US citizen board members eighteen years of age and older:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[center][IMG]http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/13/l_0518f1d2128745b6b542bdcec7364599.png[/IMG]
[/center]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Also, once you have done so, feel free to tell any horror/humorous/weird/normal stories that occurred when you voted.

Hanging chads.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Voting accomplished. Now I can sit back and moan about the results guilt free. Although I did something naughty. I blew past six No on Gay Marriage Ban people at 8 am and nearly mowed down a woman trying to flag me across the sidewalk so she could tell me to vote Yes on the Gay Marriage ban.

"We'd like you to note these businesses are against the Prop 8 bi-"

"NOT NOW!" I continued to make my way to the line wrapping around the fire station.

"But it's discriminat-"

"CAN'T TALK!" And they continued to shout at me while I calmly went to my precinct line. I zenned them out of being and marched straight into the booth and made angry marks with my pen, then marched right back out and pretended they weren't there staring at me like I was the Whore Of Babylon. Theoretically it's because I decided to vote in a sexy business casual outfit, just to bring some pizzaz to the process. Always complimented by my pin that reads "What evil have I brought upon us? Oh. Right. Me."

And next there will be therapy and riots in the street and blah de blah de blah. Whatever. Nobody has to know how I voted, because nobody has to care about it but me. Also, nobody can tell me how to vote because it's again, none of their business. Enjoy the suspense. [/FONT][/COLOR]

I voted by absentee a few weeks ago, but I do have and interesting and ironic story.

Back in August or September, we had some primaries here in Florida, just some local stuff. Our local polling place is my old elementary school, and I took my grandma over there so we could vote.

When we got there, they couldn't find my name in the book, which was unusual. A few phone calls were made, and I discovered that my name was removed because the voting office had it in their records that I'd moved.

Well, after some more back-and-forth with the voter office, we found out what the problem was: There is someone else living in Florida whose name is exactly like mine (except for Jr. at the end of his), and our birthdays are one day different. Apparently, when he moved, they accidentally took my information and put it in his file. :animesigh

Anyway, we managed to get it all sorted out in time,

Just voted about an hour ago. This was my first real vote and I'm proud that I did. And just like Raiha, now I can sit back and complain about the results without getting dirty glances.

And leave it to Oklahoma to have a proposition on new hunting/trapping laws... I guess that says something about which way my state is leaning.

[SIZE="1"]Just voted for the very first time in a presidential election. It was pretty cool, and the old people in the room I voted in were awesome. XD And two of my friends from my old high school were at the door telling people were to go, so it was good to see them again.

The only story I really have from the polls is that some poor boy was naming off his registered address, and one of the people there was insisting it was incorrect, citing that was her neighbor.

Other than that, it went pretty smoothly. [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Verdana"]I'm also a first time voter, and voted at around 7 this morning. My family and I got to the booths about 6:30. I will admit that it was a little awkward waiting outside with mostly a lot of elderly people, but my neighborhood is genuinely friendly. Very suburban though. I'll just end with that Minnesota hasn't voted republican in like forever.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I'm also first time voter. I didn't have to wait at all to get everything done, no line or anything. Everything went well during voting. Afterword I ended up tripping ripping the knee of my jeans and now one of my knees is pretty messed up. One of them I'm still icing. I knew something was going to go wrong. All in all though it was a good first time voting.

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"]I already voted earlier today, other than the fact that I got rained on, nothing unusual happened. I seemed to have picked a good time since early afternoon translated into a line that was less than ten minutes. It's a shame that voting won't make much difference, the last polls did not show enough of a swing for Obama to get the state of Utah. Pity.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]It looks like McCain is now beyond the point of no return in terms of being able to claw back enough numbers to beat Obama.

Several news organizations are already calling it for Obama, despite how early it is. I think it's a pretty safe bet anyway. [/font]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Other than to get rained on... nothing exciting happened. I voted, even though Utah is a Red state. XP Now I just have to hope that the projections are correct. I really want Obama to win. I know I'll be watching the news off and on all evening. ^^[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]OBAMA WON!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S OUR NEW PRESIDENT!!!
I'm crying tears of joy! He should be very proud of himself, he has made history. This will never be forgotten. *sigh* I can't breathe. How do you feel about his win?!
I can't stop smiling![/COLOR]

Well, all I can say is this: since you guys voted for Obama, if he botches this up, you can't complain! You put him in there, so suck it up!

As for those of us who voted Independent or Republican, we can *****, moan, analyze, and criticize all we want. :D

Congrats to the man for winning a not very easy seat of power to win. I don't think he's the one for the job, but he certainly earned it.

[SIZE="1"]My voting was pretty uneventful.

I got there at 9:30am, no lines at all. No one outside hounding me about anything. I walked in, gave the man my drivers license, signed the little line, grabbed my ballots, filled those out, and put it through the scanner. I was in and out in no time. When I voted in the last election I remember a lot of people out hounding people about this or that, I got lucky this time. :p

My friend asked if I wanted to move to Japan. Haha.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Anomaly'][FONT="Garamond"]I dunno why all the republicans think they'd like it any better over here =P Our conservatives are liberal by your standards xD[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Because not only is Steven Harper a conservative, most of parliment is conservative. So they think they have a chance. But I was telling my friend in Alberta tonight that it looks like Harper needs a new butt to kiss because we have a new president and she's like yeah poor him.

Anyways the election tonight was all that was on the TVs at work and as soon as the electoral votes were being counted. We were holding our breath since the first ones were tallied. And i kept using the walkies for updates. :animeswea Oh and we made a woman leave to go vote. I think pandamonium broke out when everything was finished because the majority of my co-workers all voted for Obama. And I sure as hell don't envy his new position.

I do have to say that McCains concession speech was very touching and that the antics of the people gathered were very unappealing. You do not boo someone who is surrendering gracefully it's rude and just makes you all look like a buch of sore losers. It makes me think that McCAin is a good guy despite his politics and probably would have made a great president if he had won. It's just sad that his party can't be the mature kind of person that he is.

Oh and as for voting. Very boring. I woke up and dropped my daughter off at daycare then drove over to my church to vote. I had to vote in the 16th district and it just figured that the 16th district was the one that had the line. No one else had a line. I showed my Driver's license to the poll person and signed my name (I also saw that my mom had already voted before I got there and my dad hadn't been there yet) signed my name then waited in line and voted for Obama. That's the only one I voted for (well that and the military bill proposition.) I didn't really see anyone else I cared about because everyone else had been slinging mud for weeks in the local and state congress. And after I voted I went out to buy some shoes.[/color]

[COLOR="Blue"]Heh. I liketh your post, Anomaly. Heck yeah!!!!!!!!!! To Matt, why do you have to say that? I mean, seriously, don't spoil the joy yet. :animedepr I doubt he will screw up. He's the best man for the job. He's young, and that's good because he's going to be holding the world on his shoulders. As for McCain, again, you're holding the weight of the world on your shoulders as president, so, at his age, he really shouldn't be a president, it's too much for his body, and when he dies, who's going to be in office? Palin.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Oh my GOD people, stop with the "LOL MCCAIN'S GONNA DIE OF OLD AGE" crap. Seriously -- look at Ronald Reagan. He was elected at an old age, and he went on to be one of the best presidents we ever had. I don't care if you dislike[d] McCain, but sheesh...

And Alexa, I pick Canada cause it's closer and costs less to get there. I'd rather go to England but I don't feel like flying all the way there, sooo...

But now that I've had time to calm down...I'll be a good sport and give my congrats to Obama. I still don't like the man and am a little uneasy about it, but I guess I should give him a chance, eh?[/SIZE]

This is something that has bothered me about people who are against McCain.
I hate the excuse that you shouldn't have voted for McCain because of his age. If you're going to vote against a candidate, let it be because you disagree with their policies, not because of their gender, age or race.