OtakuBoards

OB Podcast

James

[font=franklin gothic medium]Thanks for the advice, Rick - much appreciated. That site looks pretty interesting.

At the moment I guess I'm not in a huge rush because we do already have the stellar Anime Pulse podcast to call our own - so I'm pretty happy with that.

If we were to do an OB podcast, it would need to be different to the AP one, so as to avoid being redundant. I suspect we'd focus more on the goings-on here, for example.

But yeah, at the moment I think the biggest issue is lack of hosts. Nobody has stepped forward with a voice sample, so that makes things a bit tough. We'll see how it goes.[/font]

• 1 year later...
Got myself a tight quality mic. It's all clear and noiseless. <3

So. OtakuBoards Boocast, anyone? Ha. No rly, we should get this show back on the road. We shouldn't see the lack of hosts as our biggest issue any more, because we firstly need a devoted crew to brainstorm and bring forth topics and such.

It would be fun to have at least one podcast episode in OB History right?

We need topics, tunes, more topics and a lot of wit. The last part's covered. Now the rest. Also, I think it would be cool if tons of people would be like "Hey this is [...] and you're listening to the OtakuBoards Podcast!" "Meh, meh, meh, OtakuBoards Podcast!" "PIKA PIKA CHIBICHU!" Y'know. There's enough space to give plenty of people 10 seconds of audio fame.

If we could have a representative for every board, that'd be neat. Not on the show constantly, but they could give something like a board update at some point. Then we can discuss actual topics. There's room for stories, reviews, interviews. Actually for anything you all are willing to send in. :^D If it's only going to be once, it might as well be over an hour!

[quote name='Lady Shy' date='05 August 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1281041842' post='698930']
Got myself a tight quality mic. It's all clear and noiseless. <3

So. OtakuBoards Boocast, anyone? Ha. No rly, we should get this show back on the road. We shouldn't see the lack of hosts as our biggest issue any more, because we firstly need a devoted crew to brainstorm and bring forth topics and such.

It would be fun to have at least one podcast episode in OB History right?

We need topics, tunes, more topics and a lot of wit. The last part's covered. Now the rest. Also, I think it would be cool if tons of people would be like "Hey this is [...] and you're listening to the OtakuBoards Podcast!" "Meh, meh, meh, OtakuBoards Podcast!" "PIKA PIKA CHIBICHU!" Y'know. There's enough space to give plenty of people 10 seconds of audio fame.

If we could have a representative for every board, that'd be neat. Not on the show constantly, but they could give something like a board update at some point. Then we can discuss actual topics. There's room for stories, reviews, interviews. Actually for anything you all are willing to send in. :^D If it's only going to be once, it might as well be over an hour!
[/quote]
I think I'll ask some questions at my local Best Buy and see what I can do! If anything, I'd like to be a representative of The Lounge, or at least the Padded Room Party Thread!

[quote][b]I'm interested in participating in the OB Podcast you posted about, but I've no idea how to help. What would I need and how would I use it?[/b]

Whoo! Well, tossing ideas around is a great start. :^D

To take part in the podcast itself, you'd need something like a microphone. Windows PCs come with a recorder program which functions plenty for short things stuff really. Though if you don't have a mic you could also use a recorder function of your phone and upload that or you could even make a video in which you point the camera at whatever, as long as you talk clearly into the mic part! We can rip the audio off the film and tadah!

Though if you want to do more than short shout outs, the mics the way to go because the rest probably is sort of low on quality. There's free software on the webz like Audacity that allow higher quality recordings than the Microsoft recorder, so you could use that.[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='James' date='23 January 2009 - 08:53 AM' timestamp='1232693580' post='671859']
[font=franklin gothic medium]
If we were to do an OB podcast, it would need to be different to the AP one, so as to avoid being redundant. I suspect we'd focus more on the goings-on here, for example.[/font]
[/quote]

[b]Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but who's the target audience?

Also I was a part of a Podcast on another forum site. They really just covered their forum, but they had a loose format. They mostly talked about internet memes and stuff like that. If we are talking about OB goings-on though, I would like to hear the Theater represented. We don't have to mention any RP specifically, but some sort of RP tips corner or something might be nice at least for a little bit.[/b]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='06 August 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1281048567' post='698944']
Good news! I'm going to Best Buy this weekend to look at microphones! I may need advice and help along the way, but I think I can work something out! COUNT ME IN!
[/quote]

[b]Just make sure to get something with a headset. You don't want an echo or anything.[/b]

[font="Tahoma"][color="#000080"]I have time on my hands and enough interest in this to be a regular contributor, if necessary. And since I'm the Senior Moderator for Arts & Entertainment, I'd make sure some RP things got in there.
[/color][/font]

[quote name='Lilt' date='27 August 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1282863091' post='699900']
[b]Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but who's the target audience?[/b][/quote]

The target audience would first of all be the Otakuites around the network, because I personally think it would just be fun to have a podcast to listen to full of nonsense and OB stuff.

It would be sweet however if such a Podcast could be made interesting enough for people who bumped into OB, so that they decide to stay at, or are even drawn to OtakuBoards. So, mostly for that point, the balance between general fun and inside jokes should be kept. I mostly don't even get the inside ones myself.

Where on Earth did the evil Walmart thing come from?

Also: yay for Kei! (rhymes too, get it?) You're now officially on board with no back down option. Edited by Lady Shy

• 1 month later...
[font="Garamond"]So, I have a lot more free time now and I'd like to get this started up officially. I'm planning on doing a voice sample and per James's approval, I'd like to get on this as soon as possible.

I also stumbled across [url="http://podbean.com"][u]this site[/u][/url] which would allow us to host the podcast for free if we choose to upload through them. And if need be, we can always purchase more bandwith, if the podcast gets more popular.[/font]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Regarding voice samples, I am happy for you guys to share your work here on OB as much as you like. That includes using the available upload space on the boards - you don't need my permission for that. OB will tell you how much physical space you have for uploaded data.

I just need to check if we allow hosting of MP3 file types or ZIP files (the latter might be good so you can compress your samples rather than uploading full-size ones).

Anyway, if you run into any problems let me know and I'll sort it out for you.[/font]

• 4 weeks later...