The Almagest Expedition: Backstage

Shy

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Success!

Sorry, it's a little long and boring and pointless.

You won't miss anything if you don't read it. (Except for James and Aaryanna. You only need to read the very last part of it...)

I was just trying to tie everything all together since I've been gone for soooo long!

Anyway, if there's anything wrong with it, just let me know, and I'll change it.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]I didn't see any problems with it. I sent you and James a pm in regards to where to go from there. Whether or not you guys want to actually use that suggestion is up for debate though. I meant to send it to you sooner and forgot. ^^

Anyway, someone needs to get the Czenovia party in trouble next! Land safely, yes. Get around safely on Vosper.... [I]*laughs*[/I] XD [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]:rolleyes:

What's going on with you Gavin (and Ezekiel, for that matter?)

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]*Looks up from scheming away in the background*

Hmm ? I thought we'd established Josh that Dawlish wasn't going to have much of a spotlight until later in the RPG. I can try to add a post or two of him going about some mundane business but I doubt it will really add anything to do with the plot.
[/SIZE]

[size=1]Sandy and I have been conversing over Facebook (all of the cool kids are doing it) and he has been following The Almagest Expedition pretty closely. He sent me a message with some of his thoughts, and I figured it would be appropriate to share most of them here.

Although we never saw eye-to-eye on most things, Sandy really created Czenovia in the first place. I value his opinion, and hope you do the same![/size]

[quote=Sandy]I've now finished reading the whole damn shebang (gawd I've forgotten how long posts you guys write!), and I have to say the adventure's starting to get very interesting!

First of all, I love reading about the world and how it has expanded from the first game. Some things are a bit ret-conned, but that was to be expected with this many new players in the mix.

There's quite a lot going on, though, and the connection between all the different groups don't seem very clear to an outsider like me yet. I'm not even sure what exactly the groups are going to find from Mt. Vosper, except some Xear ruins. :P

I also quite like some of the new characters (especially Edith Grimoire, James has truly created a masterpiece of her!), although many of them are without any distinctive personal traits.

The Almagests themselves are charming as ever. Fauntleroy is still his own self, Victoria has grown up but hasn't stopped being the nosy brat she is, and Macey is still very much a Raiha-type of character. Compared to her, your Belmonda seems like a cheap copy, but I trust you have better plans for her. ;)

I know I caused it myself, but it still makes me a bit sad that nobody has even mentioned Gadget in the story, not even as a side note. It's like he never existed... Everyone praises Daedalus for sacrificing himself to stop the revolution, while it was actually Gadget who destroyed the cannon. But of course, no one but Leonhart knows this, so it figures. :P

Anyway, I'm hoping you haven't forgotten the rest of the cast from the last game: especially Catherine might prove very useful, she knows the Xear language, after all (I have no idea why Gustave and Victoria aren't asking her for advice instead of trying to search answers from an enormous library). Also, Eva specialized in Chimaera-creation, so it would be intriguing to find out how far her studies have progressed during the gap between the games.

So, congrats on getting me to check OB again after such a long break. It's been a bittersweet trip down the memory lane (although it hasn't even been a year yet since I left the place), but I just couldn't resist.[/quote][size=1]So there you go. If the co-creator of Almagest is having trouble understanding the various group dynamics, I wonder if that's an area which might need some improvement. Hurm.

If anyone has any questions regarding the RPG/story let me know. I have some very specific ideas for what is going to happen with the Anovans/Church, but I trust Indi will be able to cause trouble for the Czenovians all by herself.

-Shy[/size] :whoops:

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Hah, cheap copy. You take that you xenophobic monster!

*swells off to go preen*

Either way I'm not sure precisely what our group's objective is besides to ensure that Bavaria gets a bad case of frostbite, which I'll be happy to not treat.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Hah, cheap copy. You take that you xenophobic monster!

*swells off to go preen*

Either way I'm not sure precisely what our group's objective is besides to ensure that Bavaria gets a bad case of frostbite, which I'll be happy to not treat.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Or you could force me to treat it. Being a medical school dropout, I could probably botch that one quite nicely.[/FONT]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Either way I'm not sure precisely what our group's objective is besides to ensure that Bavaria gets a bad case of frostbite, which I'll be happy to not treat.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]Search for any Xear artifacts. Recover them. Etcetera.

-Shy[/size]

Having just read PJ's post... o_O I have no idea where to go with that. Other than to go... oh hell. At this rate, Felix is never going to talk to Juste again. First he lands them down a [spoiler]cliff by being clumsy and then he activates that thing they found.[/spoiler]

I should play a pirate or something else, seriously. The nice guys area forever getting themselves and others into trouble. =P

[font=franklin gothic medium]Phew, another mega-post from me.

I don't think this contradicts anything historical that we've established, but if anyone has any concerns, just let me know. This is sort of a sub-plot aspect that might help to explain some aspects of the relationship between the two families at this point.

Also... it'll give us more to uncover. Should be interesting. :catgirl:

(Oh, also, Aaryanna and Darren...the next post should probably take place the following day, so that we're in lock-step with the explorers in Vosper. Feel free to take this where you like!)[/font]

[size=1]Great posts everyone. I think people are really hitting their stride right now, and every new post seems to add something new to the story. For the Anovans I believe Hinata is going to post next, (although don't quote me on that.) From there everyone is free to do whatever they want.

As for the timeline: The various expeditions are early-to-mid-day on Day 3, I believe, whereas Gustave, Fonty and everyone else are wrapping up day 2. Things should be lining up nicely from that point on.

Day 4 heralds the return of Cole Black to the story in a very big way. I actually need to talk to Aaryanna about it whenever I see her online.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Great posts everyone. I think people are really hitting their stride right now, and every new post seems to add something new to the story. For the Anovans I believe Hinata is going to post next, (although don't quote me on that.) From there everyone is free to do whatever they want.
[/size][/QUOTE]

I am typing it now Shy but I do work the next two days as well.. so my post may not be up until Wednesday sometime. 2 12-hour night shifts in a row, they make things tough

OFFICIALY EDITED! 4/11/09....

Posted, Anything a little well out of order in your eyes. Let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]I wasn't entirely sure what to put in my last post... so I've opened it up a bit for Fonty to call Gustave at some point in the morning.

Also Aaryanna, if you have any ideas on where you want to take things, feel free to go with it. I've put a few options in my post, but I also don't want to stifle your plans. :catgirl:[/font]

Just to let you know, I am alive and working on a post. I got side tracked by preparing for finals. I've now gotten that out of the way ([SIZE="1"]still have to take and give them in just under a week though[/SIZE]) so I'll work on getting my post up asap. I have a pretty light schedule for the next couple of days so I should be able to get it in before testing starts.

[B]EDIT:[/B] and it's up. =P

[SIZE="1"]Oh we have plans for you young Skywalker...I mean Almagest, don't worry about that.
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://www.darthvader1.com/pics_pictures_photos_images/darth_vader_sith_lords_1.jpg[/IMG]

[I]Ominous foreshadowing.[/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Ok, so I haven't asked a whole lot of people for permission to use their characters but I just decided to sit back and let the creative juices flow. What resulted was a hodgepodge of a post that struggles to find itself, but is all in all awesome. There may be some heavy editing involved when people get around to reading this but for the record I want to say I liked my results.

[font=franklin gothic medium]I think we're kind of stuck on this current Landmark - if the first artifact was actually the ship, then we can probably move on.

We may need to look at another Landmark, either the next artifact location or something else. I will see if I can get a post up today or tomorrow - admittedly I'm having trouble working out where to take this.

I hope we can get over this hump because we were off to a great start.

[b]Edit:[/b] Also, I liked your post Malkav. Very interesting twist. I wonder what will happen now that the Anovans and Czenovians are together, with Natalia in control of this ship...[/font]