OtakuBoards

The Almagest Expedition: Backstage

Shy

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Darren']Definitely still in this for the long run. I have to make up for dropping out of the first Almagest right at the end. I've just been at a loss of what to write for Liana since I don't know the first thing about fashion shows. :P[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]We won't be attending the fashion show I think.

I am working on a new post (scrapped the old one) and in that, we'll be going direct to Brigit Town.

My thinking is that Catherine Almagest has translated the symbols and determined that they are, in fact, an ancient map. This will lead our characters towards Brigit Town where I think Shy has something planned.

But I just need to get that post going. Sorry it's taken so long! I'm hoping the event at Brigit Town will trigger a new Landmark.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]We won't be attending the fashion show I think.

I am working on a new post (scrapped the old one) and in that, we'll be going direct to Brigit Town.

My thinking is that Catherine Almagest has translated the symbols and determined that they are, in fact, an ancient map. This will lead our characters towards Brigit Town where I think Shy has something planned.

But I just need to get that post going. Sorry it's taken so long! I'm hoping the event at Brigit Town will trigger a new Landmark.[/font][/QUOTE]
That's all fine... But I would like for Liana to stay on the up-and-up with the main plot-line, so I don't have to do boring fillers with her. So, I'm going to need a way for her to leave the city and go to Brigit town as well. She's only 16 after all.

[quote name='Darren']That's all fine... But I would like for Liana to stay on the up-and-up with the main plot-line, so I don't have to do boring fillers with her. So, I'm going to need a way for her to leave the city and go to Brigit town as well. She's only 16 after all.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah that's totally fine. I really don't mind what you do with Liana in terms of giving her a reason to go with Gustave/Victoria or to do her own thing.

Given that Gustave and Victoria are essentially changing their plans, it may not even make sense for Liana to go with them at this stage - that's really up to you. I'm happy to wait until you've posted so that I can amend my next post accordingly (if that is needed).[/font]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]You could always do a post Darren where Liana overhears Victoria asking Gustave to bring Liana along. Her justification would be that since she works for a place that sells jewelry, going to Brigit Town would be a good work related field trip for her.

She'll point out that he could offer to take her along since he could also bring her back home after spending a few days in Brigit Town and seeing stuff there. She'd probably even go so far as to mention that it was unlikely that she got a chance to see anything when there for the wedding.

So that's one way you could get her to Brigit Town that would make sense. Plus, after the crash and all, Victoria knows her Mom is going to be over protective so having someone along who she'll insist on showing around, is a sneaky way of her avoiding her mother's anger over what happened. XD[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"]As Crystia said, the groups now know that the artifact is gone and will have gone back to their respective ships and left the area. I trust that post works, though if anyone wants me to fix something, just let me know and I'll edit it for you. [/FONT]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]You could always do a post Darren where Liana overhears Victoria asking Gustave to bring Liana along. Her justification would be that since she works for a place that sells jewelry, going to Brigit Town would be a good work related field trip for her.

She'll point out that he could offer to take her along since he could also bring her back home after spending a few days in Brigit Town and seeing stuff there. She'd probably even go so far as to mention that it was unlikely that she got a chance to see anything when there for the wedding.

So that's one way you could get her to Brigit Town that would make sense. Plus, after the crash and all, Victoria knows her Mom is going to be over protective so having someone along who she'll insist on showing around, is a sneaky way of her avoiding her mother's anger over what happened. XD[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]Thank you so much Aaryanna, I hadn't thought of that. And seeing that my brain is a little tired this week, (proof of which was when I just edited your post instead of replying to it a few minutes ago) I'll probably use that.

A post should be up either tonight or tomorrow.

[B]Edit:[/B] Again with me being an idiot...
I just realized that James hasn't posted yet. I'm not quite sure what direction you were planning to take and how you were intending to settle the fashion show event. If I remember correctly, the last post from our group was from Aaryanna posting the morning of the show. (And they were still getting ready to attend) So, [B]James[/B], I'll let you go first, but just don't have them leave for Brigit town just yet. I'll take care of that after you post. If that's okay?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Darren'][SIZE="1"]
[B]Edit:[/B] Again with me being an idiot...
I just realized that James hasn't posted yet. I'm not quite sure what direction you were planning to take and how you were intending to settle the fashion show event. If I remember correctly, the last post from our group was from Aaryanna posting the morning of the show. (And they were still getting ready to attend) So, [B]James[/B], I'll let you go first, but just don't have them leave for Brigit town just yet. I'll take care of that after you post. If that's okay?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Erm... the post I was writing literally skipped to the three of them being in a steamcar on the road leaving Bourgade, haha.

*thinks*[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Erm... the post I was writing literally skipped to the three of them being in a steamcar on the road leaving Bourgade, haha.

*thinks*[/font][/QUOTE]
Well then, nevermind. I'll brainstorm and send you a PM, because I know that Edith is supposed to be an important NPC. I don't want to mess anything up!

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Darren']Well then, nevermind. I'll brainstorm and send you a PM, because I know that Edith is supposed to be an important NPC. I don't want to mess anything up![/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Hm, it's ok. I'm pretty happy for you to utilize Edith how you like - I'm sure you can do this without fundamentally altering who she is or anything.

At this stage I'm going to be focusing on Gustave's journey south - I'm not sure what I have planned for Edith in the short term.

[b]Edit:[/b] Okay, my latest post is up. Basically I'm pointing for us to go to Brigit Town. This is where the next artifact is (as far as I remember from my conversation with Shy).

This next artifact will dovetail into the story about the Black map and that, in turn, will lead to a broader understanding of what all of these artifacts actually are. Phew.

I think Shy is planning another Landmark for when we get to Brigit Town, but he should probably comment on that. :catgirl:[/font]

Posted!

James, I noticed a mistake. In your post, you indicated that Catherine is Victoria's mother, but her mother is actually Beatriste.

I hope I didn't portray anything incorrectly. I'm trying to get the feel for the characters back, since it's been so long since I've RP'd on Almagest.

James, Aaryanna: let me know if you need me to change anything.

[quote name='Darren']Posted!

James, I noticed a mistake. In your post, you indicated that Catherine is Victoria's mother, but her mother is actually Beatriste.

I hope I didn't portray anything incorrectly. I'm trying to get the feel for the characters back, since it's been so long since I've RP'd on Almagest.

James, Aaryanna: let me know if you need me to change anything.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Oops, thanks for picking up that mistake. Your post was just fine, no worries at all. :catgirl:

My next post will probably involve arriving in Brigit Town (unless Aaryanna wants to slip a post in now). And then I think we should be due for a landmark.[/font]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium]Oops, thanks for picking up that mistake. Your post was just fine, no worries at all. :catgirl:

My next post will probably involve arriving in Brigit Town (unless Aaryanna wants to slip a post in now). And then I think we should be due for a landmark.[/font][/QUOTE]I can post next if you want, but with school being busy this week I wouldn't be able to until the weekend. If that's okay with you all, I can get it up either Friday or Saturday.[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 1 month later...
[size=1]So I [i]think[/i] I know what's going on...

[list][*][b]Gustave, Victoria Ann[/b] and [b]Liana[/b] are set to arrive in Brigit Town and meet [b]Cole,[/b] [b]Beatriste,[/b] and [b]Catherine Sara[/b].

[*][b]Leonhart Almagest[/b] is missing. He is unhappy with how the Czenovians were unable to recover the first artifact. He is aware that the next artifact is somewhere in Brigit Town, and that Gustave has a map of some kind.

[*][b]Harrison[/b], [b]Macey[/b], [b]Lady Bavaria[/b], and [b]Ivan[/b] are headed back to Czenovia from Vosper, aware that the Anovans have uncovered a Xear airship.

[*][b]Bella[/b], [b]Jack[/b], [b]Natalia[/b] and [b]Frederick[/b] are on board the Xear airship headed back to Le Monde. Natalia has been (for lack of a better term) absorbed by the airship and is piloting it.

[*][b]Felix[/b], [b]Juste[/b] and [b]Elaine[/b] actually have the artifact, a large crystal with mysterious properties, and are headed back to the Island Citadel.[/list]

I need to discuss with Aaryanna what to do next with her character, but I think this should give people an idea of where we are. Just shoot me a message if you're confused as to where we're going with this.

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE=1]No mention of...of...damn it what was my character's name again ? *Snaps fingers* Dawlish that's it! :animeswea

All joking aside I'm still interested in taking part in Almagest, and we're finally moving to the stage where...Dawlish... isn't just a figure in the background with the "Just as planned" smile.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"]I am not quite sure where you wish me to go with it once they arrive back home, but I am at least caught up with all of the current posts. Since Cole asked Fredrick to attempt to retrieve the artifact, I assume he would have further directions for him. [/FONT]

[quote name='Nathan'][FONT="Arial"]I am not quite sure where you wish me to go with it once they arrive back home, but I am at least caught up with all of the current posts. Since Cole asked Fredrick to attempt to retrieve the artifact, I assume he would have further directions for him. [/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]Cole is learning about the events in Vosper along with everyone else. Since he ordered his own expedition in secret it's going to be tricky for him to contact the others without getting caught. However, I assure you there are A LOT of other parties interested in the airship they discovered.

Whoever plans on posting next from the Anovan group should contact me. There's a new character I'd like to throw into the mix.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Cole is learning about the events in Vosper along with everyone else. Since he ordered his own expedition in secret it's going to be tricky for him to contact the others without getting caught. However, I assure you there are A LOT of other parties interested in the airship they discovered.

Whoever plans on posting next from the Anovan group should contact me. There's a new character I'd like to throw into the mix.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I'm intending to post soonish (hopefully the weekend). I'm also looking at introducing or hinting at what we were discussing on AIM - I need to go back and re-read that.

PM me with whatever you need. :catgirl:[/font]

• 3 weeks later...
[font=franklin gothic medium]I've just posted. In my post I indicated that Catherine has some concern about Leonhart.

Basically I'm thinking that news of the Anovans having the ship in their posession has come to Leonhart's attention and he's now viewing the treasure hunt as a matter of national security and national pride.

Leonhart's arrival in Brigit Town should trigger the next Landmark, which I've discussed with Shy. I've still got our chat, Shy, so if you need a refresher I can send it to you.[/font]

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Okay, so I didn't log in for three weeks and only just got Shy's message. It shouldn't be too hard to do so I'll work on getting something up this weekend. After all, homework still comes first, unfortunately. And I'll try to not go so long between logging in. ^^[/COLOR][/FONT]