OtakuBoards

The Almagest Expedition: Backstage

Shy

[quote name='Darren']I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!! I suck at life.
Been so busy with school and all.
But for realz, expect a post tonight!

EDIT:

...And fail!
(I'm working on the post right now though. Hopefully by tonight!)[/QUOTE][size=1][CENTER][img]http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/fail-owned-sidewalk-fail.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

All kidding aside, I know you're super busy Darren so take your time. :whoops:

As it stands now the Church group should be arriving at the Vosper Summit, with the Anovans some distance behind. I'll likely be writing the introduction post to Vosper, I just want to talk to Sunfall or Rach first. The Czenovians haven't even left yet, but if someone wants to handle that feel free. We haven't gotten a formal introduction to Harrison's commanding officer... have we?

-Shy[/size]

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Shy][size=1']As it stands now the Church group should be arriving at the Vosper Summit, with the Anovans some distance behind. I'll likely be writing the introduction post to Vosper, I just want to talk to Sunfall or Rach first. The Czenovians haven't even left yet, but if someone wants to handle that feel free. [/size][/quote]I'll be handling their arrival. I'm working on that right now and since I know exactly what I want to do, it will be posted this evening.

And I just know you're up to something sneaky Shy. I don't see the church managing to sneak in there and snatch the artifact before the others arrive. So I guess the only question remaining is to see just what kind of trouble you're going to land us in. lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I'm honestly feeling a little lost on what to do seeing as Gavin just isn't posting, it seems. Any suggestion on how to fix this without Esther having to follow Dawlish around like a lost puppy would be really appreciated D:[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"][quote name='Shy][size=1']The Czenovians haven't even left yet, but if someone wants to handle that feel free. We haven't gotten a formal introduction to Harrison's commanding officer... have we?[/size][/quote]Well the idea is that they left shortly after Harrison and Colonel Tallis arrived. Since I placed them there I figured that someone else would be posting to move that forward, but I can do so later if no one else does.

As for Colonel Tallis, we'll see. Perhaps he's single or perhaps he has a wife and two kids back in High Czenoble. =P I can say that he's 36 years old if that helps a little. Try medium build, sandy brown hair and brown eyes. =P Anything else will come out as the story progresses.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ezekiel'][SIZE="1"]I'm honestly feeling a little lost on what to do seeing as Gavin just isn't posting, it seems. Any suggestion on how to fix this without Esther having to follow Dawlish around like a lost puppy would be really appreciated D:[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Sorry Jamie I would be posting more often but my life has become very hectic lately with exams for college. If you like part of a post I was going to write was Dawlish meeting up with the Czenovian Constabulary (are they still called that Josh?) to go over the details of a new patrol craft they'd ordered from him and if Esther would go in his stead explaining he's visiting his recently hospitalised uncle it'd make sense.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Sorry Jamie I would be posting more often but my life has become very hectic lately with exams for college. If you like part of a post I was going to write was Dawlish meeting up with the Czenovian Constabulary (are they still called that Josh?) to go over the details of a new patrol craft they'd ordered from him and if Esther would go in his stead explaining he's visiting his recently hospitalised uncle it'd make sense.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Hur, that is handy to know, thanks hon. I know you're busy at the mo', so I didn't want to have to depend on Dawlish. I'll try and think of something over the weekend, if not sooner, though you may get there before me.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Shy][size=1']I'll likely be writing the introduction post to Vosper, I just want to talk to Sunfall or Rach first. [/size][/quote]Since Beth already posted, I'm going to assume that you will be posting next and hold off on adding anything. I'm sure you have pretty specific ideas as to what the Vosper summit is like so once you've posted, I'll go from there. Also, like Beth, I'm wondering what kind of mischief you have in mind. =P

[SIZE="1"]Thankfully being off sick today (someone brought a flu into the house) gave me a chance to catch up and actually post. While Dawlish won't be physically present on the expedition I'm sure he'll be intimately aware of everything that goes on.[/SIZE]

[size=1]Let me be the first to say that I hate my long posts, heh. But this helps to establish what is going on. I need to talk to Hinata and a few others about their characters as well, so maybe I'll shoot out some PMs tonight.

I imagine that the church group has a few hours over the Anovans, who in turn have a few hours over the Czenovians. I apologize in advance for butchering anyone's characters.

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE="1"]And Bavaria wonders why the Almagests have a famed temper when she seems to go out of her way to make their lives difficult. For a woman with such reputed skills in diplomacy you'd think she'd have the sense to avoid conflict where possible instead of actively provoking it. Any chance we can kill her off to create some sense of drama Josh ?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]And Bavaria wonders why the Almagests have a famed temper when she seems to go out of her way to make their lives difficult. For a woman with such reputed skills in diplomacy you'd think she'd have the sense to avoid conflict where possible instead of actively provoking it. Any chance we can kill her off to create some sense of drama Josh ?[/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]Psh. We all know she creates much more drama being alive than she ever would dead.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]That's only when they're on the ship. When they land who's to say she won't trip and fall into a ditch and suffer a broken....arm...?

And there's the joy of Macey not being on that ship right now. Not that she'd deliberately crash one just to see her die. She'd much rather see her horribly disfigured. That's drama right?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Navy]I apologize for my lack of posts as of late. Not to be cliche, but Senioritis has hit me hard and driven me to the life of slacking and beach parties. I am starting to come out of it. (besides the beach parties symptom that is)

To follow suit of everyone else, I apologize if I brutalized your character in any way Rachmaninoff.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1]I just wanted to point out that James made some additions/changes to the front page of the Backstage thread, including all of the organizational info from the sign-ups. This is something that had been bugging the both of us for a while now, but he took the initiative and I love how it turned out.

He'll be putting a map up there shortly too, so you have a better idea of what this whole world looks like. As the story progresses more and more of it will be filled out, and we'll be adding bits and pieces to the front page as well.

Thanks again Jamesboo!

-Shy[/size] :love2:

[font=franklin gothic medium]Phew, just goes to show what can be done with a half-stable Internet connection! :catgirl:

Anyway, I've now added a section called The Globe, which includes a map (you can click to make it bigger) as well as a summary of nations and cities so far.

As we add locations I will add those to the summary.

I am thinking of putting a third section in called "Regions" or "Places of Interest" or something... since I guess Vosper isn't so much a city, but more a region or geographical landmark.

So that'll be my next thing.

I've also added the first Ahmari city, Istanakh. I'm sure there will be more detail posted about that eventually.

As you guys can see, most of the map is faded out. Right now we're only dealing with those three countries. If and when we "discover" more, I will add those (although perhaps I should add Moresang? I saw that referenced but I'm not sure if there are any details yet).

Also if you guys want to create any new cities/territories as we go... I will make sure to add them as well.

Hopefully these summaries on the first page will be a good quick reference guide for everybody. It'll be good to finally see a map, so we can all judge distances and be on the same page as to where everything is located.

As you can see, the Globe is far bigger than many New Globe residents even realise. :catgirl:[/font]

[quote name='Malkav']If she dies, all of the brats are going with her, just sayin.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]My character gave the order to massacre a defeated fleet of enemies, killed his brother in a duel and now creates weapons for sale to any country with the cash; playing the morality/conscience card mightn't be an effective move Malkav. :p

Very cool work with the map by the way James certainly gives a much grander idea of the world. Josh I'll try to write up that piece on the science behind alchemy this weekend when I get the chance.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE="1"']My character gave the order to massacre a defeated fleet of enemies, killed his brother in a duel and now creates weapons for sale to any country with the cash; playing the morality/conscience card mightn't be an effective move Malkav. :p[/SIZE][/quote]So what your basically saying is all we have to do is get rid of Dawlish and everyone can live happily ever after right? Right? [I]RIGHT!!![/I] :D [I]*pokes everyone*[/I] You guys and your uber silly posturing. =P

All joking aside... o_O Figures Beth would be right about you messing up our group Shy. I'll have to see about getting a post up on that in the next couple of days.

And yes, nice work with the first post James, looks great.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']So what your basically saying is all we have to do is get rid of Dawlish and everyone can live happily ever after right? Right? [I]RIGHT!!![/I] :D [I]*pokes everyone*[/I] You guys and your uber silly posturing. =P[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Just try it priest. :p

All joking aside can we do something to round Bavaria out a bit as a character so "kill her" is not the most common desire. I mean we did establish she loved Leonhart and only started getting closer to Primas after he was believed dead, now it seems that she has sod-all loyalty to the Almagests and actively works to subvert them from goals.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']So what your basically saying is all we have to do is get rid of Dawlish and everyone can live happily ever after right? Right? [I]RIGHT!!![/I] :D [I]*pokes everyone*[/I] You guys and your uber silly posturing. =P[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]It does just so happen that Ivan kind of got his ass handed to him last time someone tried that. Granted, Ivan is a punk kid with little combat experience and wasn't well-armed at all, but hey.[/FONT]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Now it seems that she has sod-all loyalty to the Almagests and actively works to subvert them from goals.[/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]I don't see where that comes from at all, but maybe I'm missing something. Several players have been quick to hate her since day one.

But yes, the Bavaria rehabilitation process is coming. And soon.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Well there's several rather good reasons for the Bavaria loathing.

a: She tried to replace real mother of the daughters and sons of Leonhart Almagest.

b: The way she treated Dame Grimalkin at the funeral.

c: The unfortunate way she left Leonhart before a corpse was found.

d: She's young enough to be Macey's sister.

e: She's a floozy.

However all this could be forgiven if she didn't consistently act like the Queen Bitch of the universe. It's very off putting for people who would like her to act human and not better than everyone else.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote]Brigit Town was forcibly annexed by Czenovia during the Mine War and it became a major hub for magitechnology development as well as expansive Czenovian mining operations. After the Czenovian Revolution, [b]Brigit Town was handed back to Anova as part of a peace agreement. Today it represents a major element of the Anovan economy[/b].[/quote][size=1]Oh, James, this is wrong.

Czenovia still has ownership of Brigit Town. The controversy is that Cole, an Anovan, now owns the mines after purchasing them from Magitech. And since the mines' resources are invaluable to the production of Czenovian magitechnology it creates a bit of a conflict of interest for the Anovans to have any authority over them.

Undoubtedly there are forces conspiring to return Brigit Town to Anova, but as of right now Czenovia and The Dynast have control.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Shy][size=1']I don't see where that comes from at all, but maybe I'm missing something. Several players have been quick to hate her since day one.[/size][/quote]Victoria Ann hates [I]any[/I] adult drama. She would have reacted the same for any member of the family. However, it's been three years now, she'll be a bit distant but that's it. Victoria Ann doesn't hold on to grudges. =P So for this round she's just kind of indifferent towards her instead of being mad like she was in the last one.

In the mean time, I need to think of a post. I assume it's the crash and that intimidating woman Edith... but Victoria is being kind of on the quiet side. o_O[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Oh, James, this is wrong.

Czenovia still has ownership of Brigit Town. The controversy is that Cole, an Anovan, now owns the mines after purchasing them from Magitech. And since the mines' resources are invaluable to the production of Czenovian magitechnology it creates a bit of a conflict of interest for the Anovans to have any authority over them.

Undoubtedly there are forces conspiring to return Brigit Town to Anova, but as of right now Czenovia and The Dynast have control.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Oh I see. I'm not sure where I got this other idea from.. but it means I'll have to change that item on the front page (not a big deal) [i]and[/i] my really long RP post. I'll do that now.

Edit: Fixed. There wasn't too much to edit luckily.[/font]