OtakuBoards

The Otaku Prose Contest

Mykul

The voting is still open. However, we have three winners. Congratulations to Sabrina, Chibi-Master, and Anomaly, who advance by default.

"Default! Woohoo! the two sweetest words in the English language! De-fault! De-fault! De-fault!" - Homer Simpson

It is a very disappointing situation. That is all the commentary I have.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just throwing this out there.

What would everyone think if we let Lrb compete in the place of either Charlie Bravo, Monarck, or Mr. Maul? We would be on a tight schedule, but I think we could make it happen. I would randomly select one of the matches, and just shove Lrb right in there. What do you all think? If no one checks this and/or responds by tonight, I'll send out some PMs.

It's just that Lrb seems to want to play along, and the three of you defaults seem so distraught, I thought this would be a little band-aid for the situation.

[FONT="Tahoma"]It sounds like a good idea to me. I'd even be open to the idea of chibi-master and I redoing her challenge since we both had shorter tasks. That would put Lrb with Anomaly and no one would be left with a default. Whatever you finally decide on, I'm game for. :catgirl: [/FONT]

Alright. We have a few updates to go over.

Friday the 23rd is the final day for voting. Voting will close at midnight, before Saturday.

Also, as soon as I hear back from Lrb and get consent, we're going to begin what I like to call Round 1.2. Basically, we're going to do round 1 over again with four people. It's most likely going to be Sabrina VS Lrb, Chibi-master VS Anomaly. The winner of each round advances. Since that is going to give us 5 contestants in round two, unless my math is wrong (which it always is), round two might have to deviate from the norm...

I'll have the round 1.2 matches up as soon as I hear from Lrb. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='Mykul']We would be on a tight schedule, but I think we could make it happen. I would randomly select one of the matches, [SIZE="3"][B]and just shove Lrb right in there[/B][/SIZE].[/QUOTE]
Gee, thanks. :p

I already replied via PM but I'm very excited! I was sad to see when I recovered from Christmas break that a writing contest had gone up and closed sign-ups. :animedepr[/COLOR][/FONT]

Wonderful! Looks like we're all set, then!

I need time to set up the matches, since today is my "choc-full of classes day." At any rate, the two new matches will be up before midnight. The format will be Sabrina VS Lrb, Chibi-Master VS Anomaly.

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate everyone who has advanced to round two! Way to go!

Secondly, as you may have noticed, the round 1.2 matches are now available. Just like last time, the deadlines for both voting and submissions are subject to change.

It seems more than likely that we won't be starting round two until these two new matches wrap up, unless I think of a better way to do things. If you have any suggestions, please PM me.

I would like to take this time to remind everybody that voting will be closed tonight at midnight, rather than tomorrow (the 6th). It seems that the voting has pretty much ended. So, if anybody who hasn't voted yet wishes to have their say, now is the time!

Alright, round 1.2 is officially over! Thanks to all the members who voted. Our winners for this round are [B]Anomaly and Lrb[/B], who will be moving on to the next round.

I believe I have the format down for round 2...but it may need work. Expect it within the next couple of days. If anyone has any ideas or master plans pertaining to the carrying-out of round 2, PM me.

[quote name='chibi-master']Ah, I had fun either way!:catgirl:[/QUOTE]

I'm glad! Also, I'm sure everyone was happy to compete with you. I hope that you and all other members who are not moving on to round two will still stay active and vote.

Ok, here's the deal.

I've decided that in order to make the numbers work out, I'm going to have Anomaly and Lrb duke it out in a round 1.3. The winner will go on to round two, which will be between four people.

Some possible complaints and my answers:

- Winners of round one matches, I know you've been wating a long time for round two. I'm very sorry, and very thankful for your patience. Fallback excuse: if people hadn't signed up for this contest and then ditched, we wouldn't be in this mess. Please continue to hang in their with me.

- The big problem is that Anomaly and Lrb are going to have to compete in one more match than everyone else. This is unfair, to be sure, but I again rest on my fallback argument. It was either this, or have round two be some sort of hybrid with an odd number.

That being said, the match should be up within 24 hours. Thanks again for your patience, everyone.

_M_

[quote name='Lrb'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Oh boy. Canadian vs Canadian, canuck on canuck, hoser against hoserette. A round to be remembered forever, for sure! :smirk:

YOU GOIN' DOWN DOLSKEEZ![/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Ack! So much Canadian lingo in one post! I feel so ignorant...AUGH! *headasplosion*:o

[quote name='Lrb'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Oh boy. Canadian vs Canadian, canuck on canuck, hoser against hoserette. A round to be remembered forever, for sure! :smirk:

YOU GOIN' DOWN DOLSKEEZ![/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"]Stephen. Stephen. Please. Refer to me as [I]The Dolskinator[/I].

Good luck, dude. You'll need it. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Cough.

Mykul, I swear, if there's a round 1.4...

=P
[/FONT]

[quote name='Anomaly'][FONT="Garamond"]

Mykul, I swear, if there's a round 1.4...

=P
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Well, there wasn't [I]going[/I] to be one. Now, however, I think that one might be necessary.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who has been sending me feedback and ideas. Keep them coming! If any of you non-participating members have a good idea for a match, let me hear it!