OtakuBoards

The Otaku Prose Contest

Mykul

[FONT=Arial]I apologise for not getting around to voting in the second match this partial-round. I was nasty sick from Tuesday evening until yesterday morning, and I'm still not completely over it. Just couldn't get any coherent thoughts together.

I should be fine for the last stuff, though.[/FONT]

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Alright, Who's ready for round 2?

I know you guys have all been waiting patiently for your next matches, and I thank you for the Xteenth time. The opponent list will be up soon, followed closely by the actual challenges.

Oh, and congratulations to Anomaly.

Triple post for the win.

Alright! The round 2 match-ups are as follows:

[SIZE="4"]Anomaly versus Shy
Vicky versus DeLarge[/SIZE]

I'll have the challenges up soon. Any trash-talking is encouraged. :p

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Aaaah nicely done, Anom-nom. You certainly crushed me. >_<

I'm glad I was able to make up somewhat for members ditching the event. At least those who passed don't feel like they got a free pass now. :)

And a special thanks to Allamorph for his extensive response to our challenge. He wrote with a lot of wisdom and I really learned a lot about my writing from that one post. :animenose Thanks!

I'll be sure to vote in the future rounds.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[font="georgia"]No trash talking, only love!

Have some inspiration, courtesy of Advice Dog!

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/StaticAnonymity/1234848612425.jpg[/IMG]

Hahaha.

That was fun, Lrrrb. I'm glad you got a chance to participate as well, made it much more interesting!

Stoked on round 2. Let's do this, kiddies![/font]

[size=1]Battle of the Brits!

I'm half terrified and half excited. Excited because I was actually hoping to face you, DeLarge, because I think our brains work in the same odd, dark and twisted way =p.

Good luck everyone![/size]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]Battle of the Brits!

I'm half terrified and half excited. Excited because I was actually hoping to face you, DeLarge, because I think our brains work in the same odd, dark and twisted way =p.

Good luck everyone![/size][/QUOTE]

Wait, where's the terrified reason?:confused:

[quote=chibi-master] Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]Vicky[/B] [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=833334#post833334"][IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/images/indigo/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG][/URL]
[I][SIZE=1]Battle of the Brits!

Good luck everyone![/SIZE][/I]

Wait, where's the terrified reason?:confused:
[/quote]

[SIZE=1]Isn't it obvious? Heh heh heh.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Haku877']So the Winner is Anomaly? Is there another round or something?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mykul']Triple post for the win.

Alright! The round 2 match-ups are as follows:

[SIZE="4"]Anomaly versus Shy
Vicky versus DeLarge[/SIZE]

I'll have the challenges up soon. Any trash-talking is encouraged. :p[/QUOTE]

[font="garamond"]=)

I won that last round, but it's not over yet![/font]

It took me some time to get around to it (koluj iz hard), but round 2 is now on the boards!

Oh, now would be a good time to mention the prize. Thanks to Haku, the winner of the contest will receive a token of their triumph.

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]OMG I LOVE YOU SO MUCH WILL YOU MARRY ME?!

As you can tell I'm dead excited. Oh yeah.[/size][/QUOTE]

You're a lesbian, and I'm often emotionally unavailable....

Yeah, we'd make a pretty good married couple. :p

[SIZE=1]That was close - 799 words!

It's all done - I'm not totally happy with it, but it was the best I could come up with in the time (you had to pick my busiest week to hold the contest in, didn't you Mykul?). I went for broke and tried something different - I'm not used to writing in the present tense, and I'm hoping it worked. I also kind of feel that I relied too much on conventional creepy stuff - I'm interested to see what Vicky comes up with. Like I say, hopefully it worked. If not, it was quite fun to write anyway.

Looks like everyone else is leaving it to the last minute, just to make it more exciting.
[/SIZE]

[size=1]Mine is done...

...but not posted >_<;;

I have internets now to post it but I left the piece on my friend's computer who doesn't have the internet to even send it me. Luckily I'm off back there tonight to shove it on disc =).

I'd say I was leaving it to the last minute as well but I did mind earlier this week haha.[/size]

[size=1]Ergh. I've been looking at the deadline for voting and thinking that it was the deadline for submissions! Whoops.

I work all weekend, but I can likely squeeze in something tonight. Good thing I noticed that now.

-Shy[/size]