OtakuBoards

[OFFICIAL] The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2008 - Nominations

Shy

[size=5][center]The Otaku[b]Boards[/b] Nifty Fifty[/size][i]2008 Nominations[/i][/center]

[indent]Welcome to the OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2008! In this thread we will continue our grand tradition of awarding various aspects and members of our totally nifty community. Those of you new to the idea may have some questions...

[size=4][b]What is it again?[/b][/size]
To put it simply, it’s a list of the fifty members, threads, or things that have made the OtakuBoards community great (‘nifty’) in the past year. You, the members, are going to nominate your favorites here in this thread, and the fifty best nominees will be chosen for the list.

[size=4][b]So whoever gets the most nominations wins?[/b][/size]
No. It’s about quality here, not votes. Make sure that your arguments are strong in your nominations, because that will be the deciding factor.

To make sure that members from every clique and segment of the site is fairly represented, The Nifty Fifty Committee will be secretly assembled to compile the final list, The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2008.

[size=4][b]What kinds of things should be nominated?[/b][/size]
Anything, really. Members who really stood out this year, threads that had a big impact, great memories, current events that affected the boards in some way. Use your imagination, as we like a very broad spectrum of things to be present on the list.

[size=4][b]How do I nominate?[/b][/size]
I’m glad you asked! Here’s the simple form required for a nomination:

[quote]1) What is it?
2) Why was it nifty?[/quote]

That’s it! In the past we have prevented each member from nominating more than ten particular items, but this year [b]you are welcome to nominate as many items as you would like[/b]. Post your nominations right here!

All nominations are due by [i]January 31st[/i]. The final list will be posted a few days after.[/indent]
[size=1]-Shy[/size]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B]What is it?[/B]

Why it's OB's official [URL="http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58817"][COLOR="Blue"][U]Funtime Thread of Humor and Mirth (and Junk)[/U][/COLOR][/URL]!

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

Well isn't that just like Ace to nominate his own creation without a single thought. No, but seriously. I can't take all or even most of the credit for this thread. Everyone pitched in to make it the epic archive of win and funny it is today. It's lost steam since its creation, but this little thread's still truckin' along, miraculously being revived without too much effort before too long every time. Funny will always exist on the internet, and I'm confident that this tread will survive as long as that remains true. Or until someone locks it for being too long or something.[/FONT]

What is it?

Ace's Weekly Naruto Chapter Recaps!

Why is it nifty?

I for one, would have dropped everything to do with the series, had it not been for those recaps! And I'm sure many other people feel the same! Ace has somehow managed to turn a lot of the FAIL that plagues the Naruto manga into something so awesomely funny that I could sue him for the injuries my sides have been subjected to due to my laughter. Something so devilishly hilarious DESERVES to have the fitting title of NIFTY.:catgirl:

Who is it?

Why, it's Crimson Knight/Lunar/Monarck/any onther name she changes it to!

Why are they nifty?

Heck, why ISN'T she nifty?! This nutcase has made so many popular threads, argued many an argument, and back-handed me with so much random junk that it's impossible NOT to notice her! Popping up in what I'm sure is EVERY FORUM, Ms. Changehername has added so much spice to the boards that I feel the need for a glass of water! And because I have mentioned it so much before, she keeps changing her dang username, keeping us all on edge! She has captured the attention of many a member, and thus, I nominate her for the label of NIFTY.

[quote name='Stephanie'][b]Vicky[/b]
Because she's fabulous. =] I love this girl to death! Full of laughs, and does one hell of a job on the Joker make up.[/QUOTE]

I SECOND THIS!!!:catgirl:

[SIZE="1"][b][Posts Merged][/b] If you wish to add more nominations chibi please keep them all in the one post so they're easier to tabulate later, also it just helps to keep the thread neater heh. ^_^

-Gavin[/SIZE]

Will do, Gavin! Which reminds me...

Who is it?

Raiha

Why are they nifty?

The fact that you're even asking means that you will be struck by lightning for your ignorance. I consider her to be one of the most phenominal writers on OB! Always precise in her English, spelling and grammar, she is a hero to me! And have I mentioned how scary it is when she whips out one of her sassy, sharp-tongued, witty comebacks (Hey, remember The Dumbening?)?

[B][SIZE=1]What is it?: [/SIZE][/B][SIZE=1]Newbies of all shapes and sizes
[B]Why are they Nifty?: [/B]Perhaps because of the sheer number of them? Perhaps because of the varying quality of their posting skills? Perhaps because some of them just don't give up? Perhaps all of the above? There have been some interesting new additions to the OB family this year, including the cool calm and collected RP-machine Mr Blonde (formerly Katakidoushi) and the bundle of energy that is chibi-master. All of them have added something to the 'Boards, and that is what truly makes them Nifty.

[B]What is it?: [/B]The Backstage Sub-Forum
[B]Why is it Nifty?: [/B]The Backstage has really come into it's own this year. It has been the jumping-off point for so many great RPs, and it's generally just a good way to gain interest in new RPs. It was in the Backstage that such RPs as Almagest Legacy, Von Braun and many more besides were born, and look how they turned out...

[B]What is it?: [/B]The Von Braun Odyssey
[B]Why is it Nifty?: [/B]While being one of the smaller-scale RPs that James has created, Von Braun can truly be called epic, due to the amount of preparation, planning, thought and execution that has gone into it. The story is incredibly well-formed, while at the same time being totally inclusive to all those involved in it. Very Nifty, if you ask me...

[B]What is it?: [/B]The Mods
[B]Why is it Nifty?: [/B]They are not our heroes...they are our silent guardians, our watchful protectors, our Dark...no, hang on, that's Batman. The Mods are Nifty simply because they keep the 'Boards from melting down into utter chaos, but they do so in a way that I very rarely notice any kind of action taken by them. Stealthy, like ninjas, so how can they not be Nifty?

[B]What is it?: [/B]The new obsession with the Joker
[B]Why is it Nifty?: [/B]Every other RP I've looked at, whether it is intended or not, has some kind of reference to the Joker. It shows what a great character Heath Ledger played, that everyone wants to be him, in literature terms if not in real life. I'm saying it is Nifty because maybe if I point it out, people will stop doing it.

[B]What is it?: [/B]The Anthology
[B]Why is it Nifty?: [/B]Reading different people's fiction, poetry and other literature is just really cool, and it's great to have a place to vent creativity. I have made some use of the Anthology this past year, and plan to make much more use of it next year. Definitely Nifty.

[B]What is it?: [/B]Caramelldansen
[B]Why is it Nifty?: [/B]For pure wtf-ery. We all looked like royal suckers when everyone's banners and avatars got changed to that bloody thing.

[B]What is it?: [/B]Controversial Lounge Threads
[B]Why is it Nifty?: [/B]From "Sexuality: What's right or wrong?", the thread that brought out the prudes, the bigots and the just plain stupid among us, to the many, many controversial threads regarding the American Presidential Election. These threads polarise the community we've built up like nothing else on the 'Boards, and even if you do not actively participate, they are always in the public eye. What would life be like without a little controversy?

[I]I shall probably be back to add more soon...[/I]
[/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff][B]What is it?[/B]: The caption threads as a whole

[B]Why are they nifty?[/B]: They're bloody hilarious. And I don't know about you all, but any time I can see political figures being morons is a great day for me.

[b]Who is it?[/b]: Gavin

[b]Why is he nifty?[/b] If he thinks you're in need of one he'll make you a banner and avi set no requests necessary. Plus he's Irish and I know for a fact and from personal experiance, Irish people are extrodinarily nifty.

Yeah that's all I can think of for now. Comes with not being around all the time.[/color]

[size=1][align=justify][B]Signature of the Week[/b]
Because I won it once and I have, and always will be, relatively shoddy at graphics. Aside from me - did I say I won once? - actually entering it which isn't nifty but surprising, the set up and competition itself was quite cool. It was a chance for other members to get involved - and win - even if they weren't terribly amazing with a mouse and graphics programme. All the artwork for it looks great whether or not it got into the Hall of Fame... did I mention I won it once?

[B]Graphic Worm[/b]
Like duh.

[B]Nessaja[/B]
What a lovely person. I don't actually talk to a lot of people on OB because I'm quite shy and all that jazz but Nessaja is easy to get a long with, very friendly and an all around great role player. She's a very good addition to any game and has the ability to come up with stand-alone ideas or collaborate with the entire cast; she's a brilliant new addition to the big bad Arena.

[B]Drunk Posts/Members/AIM Chats[/B]
I know I'm not the only one who's done this!!! >_<;;

[B]'I Forgot What You People Look Like (Image Heavy)' Thread[/B]
I used to hate pictures completely but after awhile it became fun to show people how I'd changed or what I looked like. Then I just started throwing up random hilarious photos, hehe. It's a great thread because it hasn't been closed yet and even brings the 'Boards together somewhat because we can finally put a face to the username - now who'd thought DigiBoy could do that? =p

[B]Boo[/B]
I still love this crazy Dutchman. He's funny and random without a cause, sometimes with, clever and one of my oldest friends on here. Though I seldom leave the Arena I know that Boo does a very good job of running his section, and I also know he likes to edit thread titles when no one is looking. I still have screenshots of all of that.[/align][/size]

Heh, me posting here seems a little out of place lol.

[b]Who/What is it?[/b]
Raiha/Little Death's

[b]Why is she/it nifty?[/b]
Before that thread appeared, I never once bothered to venture into the Anthology section of the forum simply because I can't stand to read fan made material. (I barely like to read at all) Little Death's not only took my virginity, but it was just simply fun to read as well. While I've never talked to her before, I will admit that she's got talent. My hat's off to ya.

[b]Who is it?[/b]
SaiyanPrincessX

[b]Why is she nifty?[/b]
She's a walking encyclopedia for Arizona. Not only that but she is kind enough to put up with my constant requests for siggies and avvies every other week. And if I'm not mistaken, she's into the martial arts flicks just as much or more than me. She's a nice person.

[b]Who is it?[/b]
Gavin

[b]Why is he nifty?[/b]
Talking Bleach and Naruto with him is a lot of fun. And unlike other folks at other forums, his crackpot theories are actually worth reading. (You should check out One Piece)

[b]Who is it?[/b]
Ace

[b]Why is he nifty?[/b]
He's a complete nut with his little Naruto summarization's. And the [i]Full Nelson no Jutsu[/i] comment had me going for some time.

[b]Who is it?[/b]
Solo Tremaine

[b]Why is he nifty?[/b]
A fellow Bleach chatter. Poking fun at his favorite characters is pretty funny. [spoiler]Hitsugaya sucks[/spoiler] :p Nice guy.

Well my Nominee(s) is/are

[B]Who? [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=27290"]Ace[/URL][/B]

[B]Why?[/B]
Do i need many reasons that arn't present on the OB already? Recaps ,[URL="http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59011"]
Until Proven Guilty: The Court Records of Ace O'Turney, Ace Attorney.[/URL] and many other reasons like getting me and others to join and being so well known!!!

(Still subject to change more nominee's)

Some more are...
[B]
Who? [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=684"]Desbreko![/URL][/B]

[B]Why?[/B]
Really? Des has been here for as long as I have been a member and has always been the mod that I know. He was the first mod That I knew, and the first mod to acknowledge me! All the post he's done that I've seen are always great.Plus, Who else has their own [URL="http://desbrekofanclub.bravehost.com/index.html"]fanclub[/URL]?

[B]What? Signatures[/B]

[B]Why?[/B]
Because Signatures are a big part of the OB and it let's everyone express their creativity.

[B]What? The Otaku Prose Contest![/B]

[B]Why?[/B]
Its a great new creative thread. and it boost your imagination!

[B]What? Posting rules![/B]

[B]Why?[/B]
Without them we could get into alot of trouble on how we post by the mods.

[B]What? Post counts![/B]

[B]Why?[/B]
Because its like a little game and it also makes us new, senior, or regular members. and without it everyone could be new seniors?

[B]What? Adam[/B]

[B]Why?[/B]
Youe really gonna ask?

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"][B]The Staff[/B]

-The staff members have been great to me and great for keeping OB running, even if we do go a little crazy sometimes. Good stuff to everyone. Here's to another good year on the OB.

[B]Ace[/B]

-Even though we pick on him a lot, Ace is a fixture on OB. Couldn't imagine it without him. Where else would I get my funnies from? Plus the Ace O'Tourney series just busts my gut every time I read it. Fantastic work, sir.

[B]Stephanie[/B]

-Eeee, hard to say anything that hasn't already been said. She just oozes nifty.

[B]Nathan and Indi Getting Married[/B]

-While not the first OB marriage, it is definitely one of the big events for the year. Here's to the happy couple, again. Cheers.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][b]What is it?[/b]
[url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=36602].hack//TRUTH[/url]

[b]Why is it nifty?[/b]
Five or so years and some hundreds of posts later, it's down to two dedicated people who will not let another RP fall through! Sure, updates come once or twice a year, but we swear it'll be finished [strike]before we finish college.[/strike]

[b]What is it?[/b]
DeathKnight

[b]Why is it Nifty?[/b]
Do you even have to ask?[/color]

[SIZE=1][B]What is it?[/B]
.hack//TRUTH

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
Like DDG said, the going is so slow you could laugh at it, but we'll get there! Although [I]I[/I] might not still be in college by the time it's done! :catgirl:

...The sad thing is, there's been talk between us of a sequel! Zing!

[B]What is it?[/B]
The Official OB Time Capsule (though you can't see it anymore XD)

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]
It's a great idea for a forum event, and I'm gonna facepalm when it reopens and me and DDG's oaths to finish .hack//TRUTH come back to stare us in the face XD

[B]What is it?[/B]
Desbreko

[B]Why is it [strike]Annoying-as-all-get-out[/strike] nifty?[/B]
Caramell. Effin'. Dansen.[/SIZE]

[center][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][B]Convention Center open to all Members[/B]
[B]Why is it nifty?[/B] Because now [b]ANY[/b] member can create and post an event of their own. Plus, the [OFFICIAL] tag just makes it that much more appealing and tempting. ;)

[b]Boo[/b]
[b]Why is he nifty?[/b] ...it's Boo. :([/COLOR][/FONT][/center]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Most of what I was going to list, you guys already did. So I'll post the two on my list that haven't been mentioned yet.

[B]What is it?[/B]

[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58871"][U]Poetry Contest[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty? [/B]

It brought some much needed love to the Anthology that often gets neglected. Plus, it was a lot of fun.

[B]Who is it?[/B]

Sabrina

[B]Why is she nifty? [/B]

Because she?s a perfect example on how being new doesn?t mean you can?t be an excellent contributor to the site. From running a poetry contest, cheerful comments around OtakuBoards, and working tirelessly on OB's sister site theOtaku by adding over 900 categories as the Category Guru? Without a doubt, she?s definitely quite nifty. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][B]Who is it?[/B]

Sir Allamorph ([SIZE="1"]No crossing out the title plskthxbai ¬_¬[/SIZE])

[B]Why are they nifty? [/B]

Sir Allamorph was one of the first members I met when I joined OtakuBoards and also one of the most friendly, helpful and kindest. ^_^ He also has a great sense of humor and is fun to talk to. So that definitely makes him very nifty indeed.

[B]What is it?[/B]

The Caramelldansen Skin

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

It?s nifty because it?s just freakin? adorable. ^_^ Plus it was inspired by an April Fool?s Day prank that Desbreko did when he changed the site into one huge Caramelldansen video. With dancing avatars, funky titles and the video for this in everyone?s signature. Oh was that fun and very nifty. XD

[B]What is it?[/B]

Rach & SunfallE?s Love Shack

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

I didn?t get to see it on the day it happened, but the screenshot showing that "The Lounge" had been changed to ?Rach & SunfallE?s Love Shack: If this forum?s a rockin? don?t come a nockin?? was one of the funniest Valentine?s Day pranks I had ever seen.

[B]Who is it?[/B]

Desbreko

[B]Why are they nifty?[/B]

For epic pranks like the Love Shack and Caramelldansen April Fool?s day. For creating the adorable Caramelldansen skin for OtakuBoards. For their hilarious thread theDailyOtaku. For having a fanclub... the list just goes on! Plus he?s fun to talk to.

[B]Who is it?[/B]

Korey

Cause he?s a silly goofball with his pranking new members in the chat at theOtaku. And he?s just a fun friendly member.

[B]What is it?[/B]

The register link.

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

Because without it, how else could you join the fun? XD Clicking on that was one the best things I did last year.

[B]What is it?[/B]

The members

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

Members are what make OtakuBoards so nifty in the first place. ^_^ They are the ones who start threads, get involved in discussions and continually make the place fun to visit. So you?re all nifty, every single one of you. [/FONT]

[B]Who is it?[/B]
Eclipsed Dreamer (Currently Monark): The first was my personal favorite.

[B]Why is she?[/B]
Chibi-master said it all, but I'd like to add the "I will Squish you" PM's that were sent everyday that somebody didn't post in her RP.

[B]Who is it?[/B]
Allamorph

[B]Why is he?[/B]
I started trying my hand (I emphasize TRYING) at writing stories in the anthologies section. Of course with not being very familiar with anybody, my first story wasn't receiving ANY critiques so I was adding and adding and adding. Thanks to a suggestion to the basement cat, and some heavy convincing, the anthologies double-posting rule was born.

[B]What is it?[/B]
The Lounge

[B]Why is it?[/B]
It's hard to find a single person, heck even a group of people, that you can debate ANYTHING with. There have been so many stong debates, fueled by the most opinionated people in the world. I've been agree'd with, and beaten to a pulp by the greatest people I know.

What's amazing about the OB lounge in particular is no matter how hard you fight somebody, no matter how many insults to your very intelligence due to your opionion on a matter are thrown your way. The same people that destroy you, will turn around and back you up in another thread.

And finally

[B]Who is she?[/B]
Nessaja

[B]Why is she?[/B]
There's not a person out there who cares more than Nessaja. I speak of particularly the Theater, where you will find her most often. When everybody gives up on an RP, she steps up and tries her darndest to make it work. Even when it's not her RP, I can't say how many times she's tried to help me in the theater. Also, she's just a hella-cool person.

[SIZE="1"]Just to let everyone know the deadline for nominations of this years Nifty Fifty has been extended until [B][U]February 7th[/U][/B], for those of you who haven't already voted please use this additional time to sumbit your nominations.

[B]Who Is He ?[/B] Ace
[B]Why Is He Nifty ?[/B] Aside from making me laugh every damn week with his parody of popular manga Naruto Ace has really grown to become a central member of Otakuboards as a whole in the last twelve months. With the dip in activity from Dragon Warrior we're still assured a laugh from Ace. Good job and looking forward to another year of your company.

[b]Who Is He ?[/b] Josh/Shy
[b]Why Is He Nifty ?[/b] Arguably the greatest member in OB's long history, it has and continues to be my great pleasure to be able to call Josh my friend and mentor. Again here's looking forward to working with you again next year.

[b]What Are They ?[/b] lolcats/funpics
[b]What Are They Nifty ?[/b] For teh lulz.

[b]Who Is She ?[/b] D'Ann/Raiha
[b]Why Is She Nifty ?[/b] [strike]Because I'm really biased[/strike] Two Words: Little Deaths. Ranging from some of the most humourous to the most disturbing deaths every written, LD was a great series and will hopefully see a revival.

[b]Who Are They ?[/b] Oldies who've returned
[B]Why Are They Nifty ?[/b] It proves my being here for over seven years is the result of accepting the addiction to OB is incurable, so why bother fighting it. All joking aside it's awesome to see familiar faces return.

[b]Who Are They ?[/b] New Members
[B]Why Are They Nifty ?[/b] The lifeblood of OB aside from people like me who just won't leave, you always bring something good with you to help expand OB or make it better than it was before you arrived.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Time for an addendum to my list.

[B]Who is it?[/B] Sabrina

[B]Why is she nifty? [/B]

Simply put, Sabrina is the nicest, purest person you will ever come across. Not saying she can't be stern, but I don't think Sabrina can actually be mean to someone. She doesn't possess it. While some view that as a potential flaw, Sabrina shows it's an overwhelming strength. She contributes to the network in many ways and it's been a pleasure to know her.

[B]What is it?[/B] The Art Studio

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

I did do some stuff for the Art Studio, mostly just some work with the Art by Requests section. However, Boo does keep it going in strong with the Signature of the Week contests and other events, like the Graphic Worm. I think that OB does feature some fine work and it's been fun to be a part of that work.[/COLOR]

[FONT="Arial"][B]Who?[/B] Petie.

[B]Why?[/B] He has mad skills! Seriously, he knows his way around strings of code and has been able to fix up features of the board several times. That says to me that he is very intelligent with a tremendous amount of patience, not to mention l33t.

[B]Who?[/B] Allamorph.

[B]Why?[/B] He's the only member who really comments on my threads in the Anthology, and when he does it's practically all praise and sincere flattery (since he usually claims to have only found minuscule mistakes). And from what I've seen, he offers valuable constructive criticism other, lesser writers ( ;) ) in hopes of helping them improve their craft. What a philanthropist! [/FONT]

[B]What is it?[/B]

Rach & SunfallE’s Love Shack

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

Because turning the title of The Lounge into [B]Rach & SunfallE’s Love Shack[/B] and the description to [I]If this forum’s a rockin’ don’t come a knockin’ [/I]was one of the funniest pranks I’ve ever seen for Valentine’s Day.

[B]What is it?[/B]

The Caramelldansen Skin

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

It was inspired by the nifty prank Desbreko pulled on OtakuBoards where he turned the boards into a Caramelldansen theme. Though some members were horrified by everyone having a dancing avatar and youtube signatures of the infamous dance on April fool’s day, others found the effects wonderfully fun.

[B]What is it?[/B]
[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59917"][U]
ZOMGERMUFFINS, GUESS WHAT!! [/U][/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

It’s not often you get to hear about two members getting engaged. So not only are congratulations in order for Indi and Nathan, it was definitely one of the niftiest threads created last year.

[B]What is it?[/B]

[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58871"][U]Poetry Contest[/U][/URL]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

Not only did it provide some much needed attention to the Anthology, but it gave anyone a chance to be a part of the fun.

[B]What is it?[/B]

Controversial Threads
[B]
Why is it nifty?[/B]

Because instead of locking them down, they let everyone have a chance to say what they think on certain issues. We may not always agree but there’s no doubt that anyone can speak up on just about anything.

[B]Who is it?[/B]

Rachmaninoff

He’s nifty for always contributing new threads and comments on nearly everything that passes through The Lounge. Plus he tends to show a degree of patience that even I lack at times, making him, like always, very nifty.

[B]Who is it?[/B]

Newbies

It’s not that hard to see why members like Sabrina, Monarck & chibi-master liven up the boards with their contributions. All of those new members constantly keep the boards alive.

[B]Who is it?[/B]

Allamorph

Allamorph is nifty because he’ll try to tell you otherwise when he’s helpful, friendly and fun to talk to. Plus, he’s the resident Basement Cat here at OtakuBoards.

I'll be back with more if I think of any.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][B]What Is It? [/B]Post Counts and Member Titles
[/SIZE][/FONT][LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][B]Why Is It Nifty? [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Perhaps it's the Newbie Lounge Forum Patrol in me, but just seeing the number makes me want to post [I]more[/I], [I]longer, better[/I]... ahem. I have an insatiable urge to join an RPG, to welcome people to the fold, to post unhelpful comments in silly 'controversial' threads and to critique posts in the Anthology. My [I]God, [/I]the incentive is so small -- the reward non-existant. The compulsion? Almost impossible to resist.

[B]What Is It? [/B]The Graphic Worm.
[B]Why Is It Nifty?[/B] Because it's been going for years. It's a tradition that's stood the test of time through sheer force of will and dedication of it's members. Some artists come and go, but time and time again you see the same people popping up to put their brush onto that canvas. It's OB history in pictures.

[B]What Is It? [/B]Desbreko
[B]Why Is It Nifty?[/B] It's Nifty because it gave me a Gold Star. Hee.

For now, that is all I think is immediately spring-to-the-mind Nifty.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[color=#9933ff][b]What is it?[/b] Thread replies

[b]Why are they nifty?[/b]- Because if you didn't have thread replies your thread would be dead in the water before it even had a chance. They give us a chance to get a conversation started even more and give more insight on fellow members. Plus sometimes they're a great way to instigate more debates.

[B][COLOR="Teal"][FONT="curlz mt"][SIZE="7"]E[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]dit[/B]: in resonse to Shy's deadline I would like to make a new and rather odd nomination:

[b]Who is it?[/b] Me- Chibi Horsewoman

[b]Why am I nifty[/b]- Because I believe I'm nifty. Really when you think about it... damn I had a real reason. Oh well, I still nominate myself. At least then we can have a nifty sixteen.[/color]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"][B]What is it?[/B]

Thread Necromancy

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

It?s fun to see what we were talking about in the past. And its fun to see if your opinion has changed since the last time you posted. It?s like taking a secret peek into someone?s past.

[B]Who is it?[/B]

Shinmaru

Well aside from already being nifty anyway, Shin helped to shower Anime Central with much needed love by posting threads and joining in the discussions. He?s pretty fun to talk to in chat at theOtaku too.

[B]Who is it?[/B]

Sangome

Chat Logs Of Doom.

[B]Who is it?[/B]

Ace

[B]Why are the nifty?[/B]

For being the Fail King! Haha! I kid. He?s just a funny guy and I get a kick out of his threads and his shenanigans over at theOtaku?s chat. Long live the Fail King!

[B]What is it?[/B]

The Poetry Contest

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

Because it was fun and you didn?t have to know anything about poetry to join. That and Allamorph?s poem ?Support Raiha Queen of Death? made me giggle.

[B]Who is it?[/B]

Sabrina

Because she?s one of the nicest members I?ve ever met.

[B]What is it?[/B]

lolmembers [Game]

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

Seeing what lolcats would represent different members was good fun. It was one of the best of the silly game threads posted last year.

[B]What is it?[/B]

Art Studio

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

It?s nifty for all the fun art projects. From the Graphic Worm, the Signature contest to the Christmas banner event. It?s also fun to see the different art that people post.

[B]What is it?[/B]

Rach & SunfallE?s Love Shack:

[B]Why is it nifty?[/B]

It was the coolest Valentine?s Day prank ever. Seeing The Lounge turned into [B]Rach & SunfallE?s Love Shack:[/B] [I]If this forum?s a rockin? don?t come a knockin[/I] was totally hilarious.
[B]
What is it?[/B]

The Caramelldansen Skin

[B]Why it nifty?[/B]

It?s [COLOR="Magenta"]PINK! [/COLOR]

[B]Who is it?[/B]

Desbreko

For pulling two of the most awesome pranks ever last year. The Love Shack and the April Fool?s day Caramelldansen prank that inspired the new skin. [/FONT][/COLOR]