OtakuBoards

Whats in your manga collection?

Vigilance

• 3 weeks later...
Here is an update of my manga collection that I bought recently:

Skip Beat Vol 1-16

I just got this series a week ago, and I have to pay back this guy that I know. So I am kinda poor, but I've to pay him back soon and its gonna take time. I'll be sure to update of anymore manga that I have soon.

• 2 weeks later...
well i got.

Cardcaptor sakura
cardcaptor sakura master of the clow
tsubasa reservoir chronicle
Tokyo Mew Mew
.Hack//legend of the twilight
D grayman
Pita Ten
Pita Ten Fanbook vol 3
Keroro Gunsou (sgt. Frog)
Fruits basket
Yotsuba
Vampire Knight
+Anima
Gakuen Alice

and lots more but i cant remember them right now xD

• 2 weeks later...
Keroro Gunso (Sgt. Frog)2-3, 15
The Melachony of Haruhi Suzumiya vol 1+2
Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl) vol. 1+2
Azumanga Daioh vol. 3+4
Captive Hearts vol. 1
Karin (Chibi Vampire) vol 1-4
Code Geass vol 1
Death Note vol 4-7
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni vol 1-2
Judas vol 1-4
Naruto vol 8-9, 25-29
Ouran Highschool Club vol 1-3
Rozen Maiden vol 1+2
School Rumble vol 1
Shakugan no Shanna vol 1
Vampire Knight vol 1+3
xxxholic vol 1-4

• 1 month later...
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"][B]RahXephon[/B] - 1&2
[B]Millennium Snow [/B]- 1&2
[B]GetBackers[/B] - 1&2
[B]FullMetal Alchemist[/B] - 1&2
[B]Doors of Chaos[/B] - 1&2
[B]Whistle[/B] - 1-5
[B]La Corda D'oro[/B] - 1-5
[B]xxx Holic[/B] - 1-6
[B]The Queen's Knight[/B] - 1
[B]Pumpkin Scissors[/B] - 1&2
[B]Nishi no Yoki Majo[/B] - 1
[B]Mahou Sensei Negima[/B] - 1-6
[B]Inu Yasha[/B] - 3&4
[B]Immortal Rain[/B] - 1,2, & 4
[B]Hoshin Engi[/B] - 1&2
[B]Hibiki no Maho[/B] - 1&2
[B]Gunslinger Girl[/B] - 1&2
[B]Ghost Hunt [/B]- 1
[B]DN Angel[/B] - 1&2
[B]D. Grey-man [/B]- 1
[B]Confidential Confessions[/B] - 3
[B]Black Cat[/B] - 1
[B]Alichino[/B] - 1-3
[B]Beauty is the Beas[/B]t - 1
[B]Crescent Moon[/B] - 1
[B]Demon Diary[/B] - 1&2
[B]Dragon Knights[/B] - 1&26
[B]Forest of Gray City[/B] - 1&2
[B]Full Metal Panic![/B] - 1
[B]Kill me Kiss me[/B] - 1
[B]Le Portrait de Petit Cossette[/B] - 2
[B]Please Save my Earth[/B] - 1,20,&21
[B]Princess Ai[/B] - 2
[B]Rurouni Kenshin[/B] - 1-5
[B]The Tarot Cafe[/B] - 1-7
[B]Vampire Game[/B] - 1&3
[B]Wolfs Rain[/B] - 1&2
[B]Naruto - 1, 20, & 22[/B]

And soon I hope to be getting [B]Voices of a Distant Star[/B] volume 1, [B]Flower of a Deep Sleep[/B] volumes 1&2, [B]Monster [/B]volume 1, and [B]Kare Kano[/B] volume 1(not in that order)
It may not look to impressive like that, but it's a heck of a lot when you add 'em up together.
---------EDIT---------
Can you tell what I like to blow my money on? xD[/SIZE][/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='haelalrite']I have kind of a lot of manga lol :) I have...

(1)Parasyte vol. 1
(2)kamichama karin vol. 1-7
(3)vampire doll vol. 1-2
(4)naruto vol. 1-5
(5)chobits vol. 1-7
(6)d.n. angel vol.
(7)fruits basket vol. 1-10
(8)loveless vol. 1-5
(9)kagetora vol. 1 (this is really bad!)
(10)glass wings
(11)yotsuba vol. 1
(12)nana vol. 1
(12)pita ten vol.1

n then i have like 2 others some weird person gave me.. its kinda lame cause there in japanese so i cant read them :([/QUOTE]
yeah Kamichama Karin :3!
love that series. looks like you have to whole first arc :D

my collection:
MegaMan NT Warrior 1-13
Cardcaptors 1-6
CardCaptor Sakura Master of the Clow- 1-6
Galaxy Angel 1-5
Galaxy Angel Beta 1-3
Galaxy Angel 2 1-3
Full Moon O Sagashite- 1-7
Mahoromatic- 1-4
Innocent bird- 1-3
Maburaho- 1-2
Fairy Cube- 1-3
Fruits Basket- 1-5
The Third- 1-2
Kashimashi Girl meets girl- 1-5
Jing: King of Bandits: 1, 2, and 4
probably forgot some X33

• 2 weeks later...
The only Manga I have in my collection now is a lot of Shonen Jumps. I buy them because I actually feel anticipation when I have to wait like that to read the nex part of all the Manga that are in there. I don't like waiting too long though, I think a month is about perfect.

It's like when Toonami used to play on Saturdays, and play shows like Rave Master, Zatch Bell, Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin, Dragonball GT, and I even liked Duel Masters despite the fact that I was the only I knew that did.

Also, with the new Manga ULTIMO, Shonen Jump is creating a hell of a collection, now only if they would get rid of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and get something else. The first Yu-Gi-Oh! manga was great, and didn't really involve cards that much. The title King Of Games actually suited Yugi because he played a lot more than one game.

ULTIMO is a collaboration Manga between Hiroyuki Takei (Shaman King), and Stan Lee (Marvel Comics legend pretty much). It looks very promising to me, and Takei did the art, which I was very glad about. It's in the latest Shonen Jump and has some small samples in a couple previous ones.

I will be getting a lot more Manga, actual Graphic Novels, and Anime on top of that, once I get a job and get them.

When talking about my manga collection, it's easier just to link you guys to this place: [url=http://www.justmanga.com/vmb/5229][link][/url]

Some manga not noted in there 'cause they're kinda special are a few Japanese .hack manga I own. I have G.U.+ vol. 2, LotT 1 & 2, and .hack//Alcor. The last one's not even out in the U.S. yet, so I'm special. :3

My most recent addition to the manga collection was [i]Utahime[/i]. It's a really nice one volume story. The art is quite nice, makes me want to scan it even. >>
The only disappointment is that it's not longer. I would've liked just one more volume, 'cause it was that good.

• 1 month later...
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"]I'm kinda picky, so I don't really have a massive collection. Also, I like to donate my old mangas that I've lost interest in. ^.^; In no particular order:

[B]Inuyasha[/B]
I used to have all the volumes up to 32, except for 21. The 12th and 18th volumes were my very first mangas. However, I lost interest and donated most of them to my school library. I have about 15 volumes left, and they're just random volumes that I still enjoy or have pictures of Sango and Bankotsu that I use for my fanart and fancomic. Also, I have 2 animangas that my parents bought me, and I use them to reference character colours.

[B]Tokyo Mew Mew[/B]
The 2nd manga series that I bought. However, I only bought volumes 1 and 2, and [I]A La Mode[/I] volumes 1 and 2. Of course, I lost interest and donated the [I]A La Mode[/I] ones to the library. I've kept the original series' first 2 volumes for reference pictures for my fancomic, as well.

[B]Glass Wings[/B]
The only shojo manga that I actually don't mind. It's only 1 book with 3 short stories in it (the 2st story sucks, but the other 2 are all right... especially the last one). It has a nice gothic art style.

[B]Naruto[/B]
My brother got a bunch of these mangas for his birthday, and he quickly lost interest and gave me a couple volumes. I only wanted the volumes with Haku in them because Haku's story is the best. ^.^

[B]The Dreaming[/B]
A trilogy based on an Australian legend. I'm not sure if this counts as shoujo, since the girls have detailed hair and dresses, but their eyes aren't MASSIVE and their bodies are drawn more realistically.Either way the art in these mangas is amazingly detailed! And legend is pretty interesting, if you're into that kinda stuff. ^.^

[B]Claymore[/B]
I have up to volume 14, which is all of them that's come out so far in English. This is an awesome, action-packed series so far. I just hope that it has a good ending! The art can take a little getting used to, but it has its up-sides. I've never got bored while reading this series, and the mangaka loves cliff-hangers! @.@

[B]My Cat Loki[/B]
I only have the 1st volume because I think the cat drawings are cute. Other than cute cat drawings, though, this manga sucks so much! XD The main character is a self insert, and the story's main plot is about the main character getting over the death of his previous feline companion by adopting a new one (if you miss the old one, just replace it; animals are objects)!

[B]Hellsing[/B]
My brother bought all the volumes up to #8, then he lost interest. I made him sign a contract stating that he wouldn't take them back, since I like them so much! XD I bought volume 9, and I'm waiting for volume 10 (probably the final volume) to come out in English. The art's awesome, the story is awesome, the characters are awesome, and if you like REAL fictional vampires you must read this!

[B]Suikoden III[/B]
11 volumes in total, and I have them all! Bwahahahaa! XD I already babbled about this series in another thread, but it's awesome too. Despite the mangas being based off the third installment of the [I]Suikoden[/I] games, you don't need to play the games to understand the mangas. You can't find it online, so you'll have to buy it.

And on the same bookshelf as my mangas I have all my Alan Moore comic books! *^.^* He's a fantastic author, and you've gotta read [I]Watchmen[/I]![/COLOR][/FONT]

• 1 month later...
I start my collection when i was 13-14 i think (am 22 now). And am only up to 95.. lol (sorry about my Bad spelling)

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Magic Knight Rayearth Vol 1-6: [/U][/B]Love it as a teenager still love it as a adult. lol :animesmil it was my first one i started to buy. (Complete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]DramaCon Vol 1-3:[/U][/B] I find it a Con so i ended up buying it for the fun of it. but i still enjoy lol. (Complete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Petshop of Horrors Vol 1-10: [/U][/B]LOVED IT.. something about count D charater was awsum. (Complete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Mars Vol 1-15:[/U][/B] It was alright i enjoyed when am was 16. so I completed it. (Complete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Princess Ai Vol 1-3:[/U][/B] I enjoy it. so now am start to buy the side storys about her. (Complete)[/FONT]
Side story:
-Rumors from the other side
[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Princess Ai The Prism of the Midnight Dawm Vol 1: [/U][/B]Its alright for a starter for a part two to the first story line, so far so good..[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Vampire Knights Vol 1-3:[/U][/B] Mmmm am not sure about this one. It was giving to my for X mas. but soon far I have stop reading it. (InComplete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][U][B]+anima Vol 1-3[/B][/U]: Thecharater cute Husky is CUTE!!! (Incomplete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Red Angel Vol 1: [/U][/B]Its Different but sometime different is good.. am sure the story will get better farer into it. (one can hope:catgirl:) (Incomplete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Fushigi Yugi Vol 1- 4: [/U][/B]i love this story but i had to stop buying it, mine are the old copes that they stop printing after vol 8. So i need to sale my 4 and rebuy them again. I stop buying them at vol 4 because they were around $40 a book (ouch) lol. (Incomplete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Vampire Hunter D Vol 1: [/U][/B]The style is very dark and gothic, i dont mind it I guess. (incomplete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Aqua Knight Vol 1-3: [/U][/B]The story was all over the place. so stay on it was a bit hard to me. but i enjoy it a bit. (complete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Rebirth Vol 1-3:[/U][/B] I like it, gothic style of drawing but it haves it funny part. (Incomplete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Pichi Pichi Pitch Vol 1: [/U][/B]Am not to sure why I buyed this one, cute drawing style. that about all i can say about this one. (Incomplete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]ElfQuest Wolfrider Vol 1:[/U][/B] I fall in love with this book when i was 6 year old, when i find it in manga i had to buy it. am only starting to buy it so that why I only have 1, but now that i moved away from the big city i cant find it:animecry:. (Incomplete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Sensual Phrase Vol 1-10: [/U][/B]Its a good story. great drawing. (incomplete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Vampire Kisses Blood Relatiues Vol 1-3:[/U][/B] It alright its a BIG jump from novel to Manga that for sure but it is alright. super cute style of drawing, its a kawaii gothic love story. (Complete I think)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]SHORT STORY:[/U][/B][/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]R.I.P:[/U][/B] the style is alright, the best part is the differnet clothing in it.. lol[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Castle of Dreams:[/U][/B] Kawaii love story.[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Gundam wing: [/U][/B]I will alway love gundam wing it was the frist anime i started watch ever. and after i have never stoped watching anime.[/FONT]

[B][U][FONT=Book Antiqua]YAOI:[/FONT][/U][/B]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Yaoi Vol 1:[/U][/B] There are some kawaii story in it. the drawing style is different for each story.[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]The Aluria of Chronicles: [/U][/B]the main story is kawaii. Different out look on vampire but i like it. the short story was a bit dull.[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Winter Demon Vol 1-3:[/U][/B] I think this yoai is the sweeted, The demons in it are all differnet from each other not all are evil which i like ([B]Incomplete[/B])[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Prisoner of the Immortal[/U][/B]: the insanity team are a group of great artise but first story haves NO storyline at all. but the other one are good reads.[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Stallion[/U][/B]: i liked this one for the love story between the two main charater the powere of love will overcome all.. lol[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Ka*Shin*Fu[/U][/B]: the art was good.but the story was dull in part.[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][U][B]I'll be your slave[/B][/U]: now this one is a Kawaii one I enjoy it. Now i need to find a man like this LOL[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Invisible Love: [/U][/B]MMmmm i own it but have not readed it yet.. oops[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Selfish Mr Mermaid Vol 1: [/U][/B]Its a kawii read no point in the storyso far. but its alright. (incomplete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Invisble Boy Vol 1: [/U][/B]Mmmm i own it but have not readed it yet...lol oops (incomplete)[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B][U]Love Share:[/U][/B] I think the best part of the manga was all of the fits the main charater have with each other. but the drawing are super kawaii and i enjoy the manga..[/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua]well that all of my Manga collection. hope you enjoyed reading what i had to say about the manga.. [/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua]PS sorry about my poor spell.. Have a great days[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]My sister and I pretty much share so;

Negima 1-3. It's a single book. And I was browsing Barns&Nobles and saw a book that was pretty much 3 for 1 and decided to buy it, just because of that. : D

Chrono Crusade 1-2. Not sure that is spelled right. But, My sister bought them.

Vampire Knight 1. I bought for my sister as a present or something.

Megatokyo 1. My sister bought it online. : D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Unfortunately, Being 14 and allowance-less means thats all we got. But I plan to get to get a job eventually. [/SIZE]

• 5 months later...
My collection isn't the largest since I don't often have much expendable income but here is where is currently stands:

[B]Bleach Vol. 1-14: [/B]Feel like I'm never going to catch up on this. I believe the releases are up to 30 now.

[B]The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Vol. 1-4: [/B]The only series I've actually been picking up as it is released.

[B]Volume one of School Rumble and Chrono Crusade: [/B] Bought the first volumes, liked them but decided not to continue getting them right now. I picked up Chrono Crusade because I thought it might be related to Chrono Trigger in some way. Turns out it wasn't.

And after reading through all the other collections I'm felling suddenly insecure about my size.

• 7 months later...
[color="#FF0000"]Let's see, I don't have that much alot og you are talking about how you don't have alot- well I've got less. I'm still trying to find some thats interresting. It's not very easy to pick out manga.
Trigun Maximum- I liked the show and the story line is pretty good. It also goes more indepth than the episodes do with the chapters that follow the series.

Tenchi 1-3 because I haven't been able to find the other volumes. It was one of the first anime I ever seen and obsessed over(I mean like wished I was a character)

I guess it wouldn't be considered true manga cause well, it's canadian manga; Scott Pilgrim

I shouldn't even consider these but Omaha and Detective Comic's 52 both as well incomplete.[/color]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1. DNAngel 1-5: The first manga I ever read. Unfortunately, I never got into it more after I finished all of these, until I was about 16. I was in 8th grade.

2. Love Hina 1, 2 & 3: The best Harem of all time. Ended up watching the anime so I never finished the manga

3. Fruits Basket Vol. 1: Bought this and liked it, but I didnt have the money to buy more and eventually forgot about it. I plan to buy the anime.

4. Gintama 1-10: Best gag-manga ever. Love this series. It's a shame they're doing away with it after Vol. 23 (in the states). I plan to buy the rest eventually.

5. Soul Eater 1-5: Love the characters and action sequences. Very stylized art. Love it.

6. Bakuman 1-4: My favorite Manga ever. I am buying them as they come out.

7. Death Note 1-12: Love everything about it. An absolute masterpiece. I've seen the anime and movies & read the manga. Can't wait for the US live action.

Yeah, it's taken me a while to get into Manga for real. Mostly, I used to be only an anime fan, but I've been switching my focus over to manga a lot more lately. I should have my collection up to about 150-200 volumes by the end of the year. :)

I need to get Gurren Lagann, 20th Century Boys, ToRaDoRa, Durarara, Great Teacher Onizuka, Monster, Beserk and a lot more.

I rarely buy manga now, but I decided to make an exception and pick up the [i]Gunslinger Girl Omnibus 1[/i] manga. I also have the second omnibus on preorder, which will ship today or tomorrow, I think. I had bought the dvd boxet that contains the entire collection (including the mediocre OVA), and I decided to make the experience more complete by getting the manga as well. These omnibus collections are thicker than bricks. Hell, they put some of my philosophy books to shame in page-count.

Reading the manga and watching the anime work well together: one plays off the other, and add something new to each of them. One thing that became even more clear to me this time around, thanks to the manga, is that whole theme of love. I'll have to read both omnibuses to the end to see how it works with the anime, though. It's still too early for me to draw any conclusions.

• 4 months later...