OtakuBoards

Has a game ever made you cry?

Udon

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]I cried a great deal at the end of "[I]358/2 days (Kingdom Hearts)[/I]". [spoiler]I think it was quite ironic that the trio (Xion, Axel and Roxas) had to be dismantled so that the other trio (Riku, Sora and Kairi) could be together again. I think that the fact that I knew about the way it ended made me want to believe that it would not happen at all xD.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Slightly less than a year old, let's see if we can juice a little more conversation out of this one.

Dear everyone,

If you do not cry at the ending of [b]Professor Layton and the Unwound Future[/b], you are probably a statue. Which makes me wonder how you beat the game in the first place.

-Ace[/font]

Aeris' death scarred me for life.  

Another moment was in Xenogears when [spoiler]the Actzen arrives to attack Shevat and Maria realizes that her father's souls is trapped inside of Actzen's core and only her Seibzen will be able to combat it.  The way she was forced to fight a twisted, evil version of her mechanized father was bad enough but when, in the last moments, a recording made by her father when he was still himself is triggered and Seibzen's ultimate weapon is unlocked and turned on Actzen[/spoiler].....yeah, that was really tough to watch.

But I'll add another facet to this discussion and suggest the shedding of tears of joy as well.  Anyone reached a point in a game where you were just so overwhelmed by some positive turn of events that you couldn't help but get a little emo about it?

For me one such moment was in Skies of Arcadia when[spoiler]Vyse and his crew were so dejected after the Rains of Destruction wiped out Valua that even the normally unflaggable Vyse was feeling discouraged.  Then Drachma arrives bringing along all of the friends Vyse and his crew had met during the adventure.  In that moment the odds are evened up and they go from a lone ship standing against an armada to a vast fleet of heroes ready to save the day.[/spoiler]  That part of the story had me on the edge of my seat cheering for the good guys. Edited by The Tentacle