OtakuBoards

Oh Em Gee, yo... Old members

Skye

[quote name='Japan_86'].hack//SIGN forum - I remember Shy posting an episode synopsis every week for each episode of .hack//SIGN as it was being shown and each thread would be flooded with posts. I liked how everyone seemed to be in a tighter knit back then in the anime forum. I hope to gain more memories with the new Full Metal Alchemist forum as well as the same kind of atmosphere.
.[/QUOTE]

haha, this was my first real board on OB that I participated in. I remember being a member of the 'we hate B.T.' club XD.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Hmmm. I believe through all my accounts (I've had like three), I've been here for about three to four years. I know I was here during the days when we had separate forums for different anime.. Hmm. Anyway.

Favorites:
Good ol' Keyblade Wielder- Everybody loved her, I believe.. She participated in my first RPG here as well, and we would always talk and what not, until a point where I was one of her (many) husbands, ha. :]

Prem and Digiboy- They used to be like Batman and Robin, you know... and I thought they were just the gosh darn coolest kids.

Riflesatrecess- He and I got in arguments all the time. Over music. We were actually kind of friendly to each other off the boards (through AIM) and what not. I guess people just assumed I hated him. At some points I did, haha. But we're all good now. We talk every now and then through Facebook. :]

Clurr- She used to be Amelia, I remember.. And then she became Clurr... and we started talking regularly, which we still do. We've written countless bits of music together, and we actually a project together called The Bumbershoots. :] Good times, good times indeed.

Nerdsy- I believe he was my "father" at one point in Charles' and Shy's rpg. Indeed. Is it too obvious that I stole my pink text from him? Shouldn't be. I believe his is deep, and mine is hot... There's a difference.

Mitch- He was shirtless. And annoying. What's not to love?

Naps- He was a cat.

Charles- He reminded me of cats.

Ikillion- My favorite black guy.

Desbreko- He was Link.

Gavin (the Gavin Gavin)- He had a cool catch phrase.

Gavin (Dragon Warrior)- Nice guy to talk to. :]

I think that raps up a good list. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Oh man I cannot believe I forgot this guy but Linkin Park Otaku... okay that was his YIM name and now I call him Will... I forgot his Screen name on here :animesigh but he's in the Air Force. Actually now he's a daddy!

But yeah I talk to him every once in a while on YIM. And yeah since right now I can't think of his name I guess I can believe that I forgot about him. Poor guy.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Chaos']
[spoiler]Haha, Annie remembers me. I feel special. : D[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=indigo]Of course, she does. How could anyone forget such a formidable character as yourself? I miss our AIM chats, and most definitely our Guild Wars escapades!

I forgot to mention: what keeps me randomly coming back? Hm, to keep in touch with the oldies from time to time. To stay in touch with that good ol' nostalgia feeling. And to let all know that I AM still here, and I WILL come [completely] back with a vengence......soooooon.[/color][/size]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"][QUOTE=Korey][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Know what I miss? Being a semi-invisible member on here.

Why didn't I take the Blue pill?[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]:blulaugh:

There's no turning back now! =P I don't miss being semi invisible, but I wouldn't mind missing some of the drama that came about because of losing it. lolz[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Know what I miss? Being a semi-invisible member on here.

Why didn't I take the Blue pill?[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][wonders when she missed this bit.]

We were partly invisible? The top half or the bottom half?[/size]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah I've been here a long time, eight years this past January. I wasn't even in high school yet when I joined. Now I'm old.

Some of my favorite moments, the whole WAR with Will2x and the art that TOPAZ provided for it. Also...the art forum was [COLOR="Red"][I][B]WAY[/B][/I][/COLOR] more active. The whole "bucket" thing from Desert Shadow, priceless. He drew a pretty mean bucket aswell.

Sadly I used to talk to more OB members than I do now. James and I used to have a lot of "Matrix" discussions over aim which were always fun. We haven't talked in ages now though. I think Boo is the only one I talk to outside of aim at the moment, and we still haven't been able to talk like we used to either. :(

Boo[spoiler](Boris)[/spoiler], Boo misses you!

My least favorite moment was when the forums were hacked back in 2001, of course.[/SIZE]

[quote name='SaiyanPrincessX'][SIZE="1"]My least favorite moment was when the forums were hacked back in 2001, of course.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

WHOA, WTF?! I'm sorry if it spams the thread up, but I need to hear about this! Help, somebody! TELL MEEE!!! (I think I read something about this in Solo's [B]Enter The Net[/B]...)

[quote name='chibi-master']WHOA, WTF?! I'm sorry if it spams the thread up, but I need to hear about this! Help, somebody! TELL MEEE!!! (I think I read something about this in Solo's [B]Enter The Net[/B]...)[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I think there is something about this in Otakupedia.

We literally lost everything, although in hindsight that wasn't such a bad thing. Of course if something similar happened now, I don't know if any of us would have the energy to re-make OB... when you think about the years of posts we've accumulated, that's a lot of history.

I don't get on AIM at the same times as I used to, but there are plenty of people I miss talking to. Feel free to IM me if you see me around, people. :catgirl:[/font]

[size=1]O_O Oh my god, if someone hacked us now? I would probably cry, so hard. We would lose so much.

If you think about it, OB is such an awesome community; so many of us have been around for so long, and because the member count that remains online and interacts is so much smaller than, say, GaiaOnline's, we have such better relationships with each other. I would hate if we lost that contact because OB went down. I'd only have the people on my contacts... now that I think about it, I'm gonna go add some more people.[/size]

7 years according to me profile, can't remember if I was on OB before that anyway!

Least favourite memory is my own posts; inevitably said things as a teenager that would make me cringe now. :D Plus moderating Your Picture for a short spell...'nuff said!

Lots of good memories, mostly of the many people who are still here or have passed through at one point or another. Writing in bold with AJ because it wuz kool, aim chats of ridiculous length, kuja...

Which reminds me, got a good kick out of reading the otakupedia so cheers to all those who took the time to write it all ;D

[FONT="verdana"][Size="1"][color=#CC0033]I have been here since 2004! So wait that means...FIVE YEARS. Geesh. And as you can see I have not made as many posts, as people who have been here less then me. The good thing about OB has always been that its been based on post quality not quantity. I do miss the good ol' days of OB, many people who have left, atlast even real life has pulled me away. And now...here is Pumpkin's List of awesomeness!

[list]
[*][b]Becoming A Mod[/b]- Was Mod for PC/Mac lounge for awhile. Was a fun experience. I've always been a big game fan and for awhile it was getting more active.
[*][b]Quantum Kabuki Troupe[/b] - I believe that was the name. OB guild in Guild Wars! First guild built solely from OB members, I swear I tried hard to get this started in other games as well. Kudos to Desbreko, and all the other MMO players out there!
[*][b]MMORPG Online Listing[/b]- Of all the lists of people on OB that are in online games such as WOW, Everquest 2 etc. Although they need to update it now, I'm no longer a mod, and much has changed.
[*][b]Retired Mods[/b] - Stuart, Raiyuu, White, and all the older mods that did their jobs. You were pure awesomeness. I wish you would all come back soon!
[*][b]Sunfall E[/b] - Yay. I'm so glad your still around. Met Sunfall actually on MyOtaku and she is usually one of the people I still talk to around here when I peek in now and again. Hopefully I'll be back for good this time so we can catch up =)
[*][b]Dragon Warrior[/b] - Although no longer active really, (in which I have plans on kidnapping him and dragging him back to OB doom!) Hello married with an onion ring? Need I really say more?
[*][b]White[/b] - Made the best RPGS out there. Elements RPG definately a favorite. And all around, was amazing as a mod too.
[*][b]The Nifty Fifty[/b] - I remember was like the most coolest, amazing thing back in the day. I have the pleasure as being listed under "retired mods" listed as peanut back in the day and that was pretty nifty I suppose.
[*][b]James[/b] - Because in OB, James is God.
[*][b]Otaku Boards Survivor[/b] - Best RPG Game Ever. It needs to come back I swear, as long as everyone who participated last time. Too much fun!
[*][b]Random Comments/Images[/b] - Like Gavin's, interesting statements to the random images you see. For example, my personal slogan.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/PurpleFire/pimpin.jpg[/IMG]
[*][b]Pumpkin[/b] - Because I'm just so awesome I have to mention myself.
[*][b]ChibiHorseWoman[/b] - You can't ever mistake her not simply because she always comes up with interesting topics in the lounge, but because she hasn't changed her font or color all this time. That in itself is an amazing accomplishment really.
[*][b]Everyone that I use to talk too and the list is just so long that I really I am too lazy to write it all down [/b] - Um basically thats self explanatory. [/list]

I think people have been busy with their lives lately, and that is why we haven't seen the older members of OB lately. It's a shame really. However I still feel there is a golden age soon for OB, of course I'm going to have to convince and kidnapp a few people. But all is fair and love is war you know.

So stop having lives people. Geesh.
[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Pumpkin'][FONT="verdana"][Size="1"][color=#CC0033] And now...here is Pumpkin's List of awesomeness!

[list][*][b]ChibiHorseWoman[/b] - You can't ever mistake her not simply because she always comes up with interesting topics in the lounge, but because she hasn't changed her font or color all this time. That in itself is an amazing accomplishment really.

[/size][/font][/color][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Hey if it ain't broke don't fix it right? And thank you for adding me to the list, I think I need to go make a new topic... wee :catgirl:[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Korey][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Know what I miss? Being a semi-invisible member on here.

Why didn't I take the Blue pill?[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]Makes you realize just how dumb you were since you didn't take the right color yes? I mean I've only been here just over two years and yet it feels like forever on account of not being semi-invisible. XP Oh well, at least I can say it's been fun. ^^

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]I am just shy of seven years.

My favorite memory? Not an actual memory, per se, but I enjoy feeling like everyone takes everything I say seriously (seriously meaning "in a sincere manner"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]).

Word to the wise: Generally, everything I say should be taken with at least two pounds of salt, if not more. If it seems like I'm being mean, I'm not. I'm a firm believer in the doctrine of sarcasm.

Other favorite memories...

The events surrounding [B]Papa Smurf[/B]'s banning were quite hilarious.

Also, the infamous first meeting between [B]Taperson[/B] and myself.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Oh dear lord. I'm personally coming up on six years myself.

[list]
[*][B]The Boss/Mike/WHATEVERELSENAMEHE'SDHAD[/B] - My first OB friend, really. I remember when I first joined - and him, LoneBebop, and I were friends. Okay, now I'm back from the PM land - fifteen minutes spent looking at them. SO FUN.

I remember when I had a crush on LoneBebop, and I told Mike. And Mike was all over that like a fat kid on cake telling LoneBebop about it. Reading over those PM's made me laugh my head off, yet facepalm.

I remember our PM conversations from waaaaaaaaay back in the day, looking at the onelining that would make anyone laugh due to the lack of quality progressing into those pieces that have been posted in Anthology. I laugh at this because it actually shows progression.

I remembered when Mike and I did our rap battles over private message, hilarious. And note to self; Mike used too many smilies back in the day. In one alone? Fifteen.

[*][B]Kayin[/B] Dear LORD would I be lost in life with out this boy. We blame the OB for our friendship. xD

[*][B]silpheedpilot[/B]

[QUOTE=silpheedpilot]Whoa, hey. This is gonna sound weird and all but I kinda thought it was neat that I found someone on the OB who also lives in Kansas.

Had no idea. Figured I was the only one.[/QUOTE]

I need to make The Alliance of Kansans against Dorothy. Good times were had - especially when all four of us entered a Chatzy and had a insult melee. Saladtossers. Psht.

[*] I remember when I also forced Darren into marriage over a thread. Fun times.

[*][B]Ezekiel[/B] - D: I miss her.

[*] Wait. Adam is God. James is Jesus. Mmk?

[/list][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]*gasps* I didn't realise I missed the date of my 6th year on OB, given a lot of lurking for the past few, which was on the 17th that just passed.

*sighs* I remember being a newb when I first joined, I think I got told off by someone because I actually didn't know that you're supposed to put a space after a period/fullstop.

Whenever these threads come up I always feel the urge to post and reminisce about the old days.

Seriously. Arena Crew. Classic. Good times.

To name a few that stand out in my bad memory;
[B]Ezekiel -[/B] RPed together a lot, miss the times.
[B]BKstyles -[/B] Greaaaat friend, miss him heaps, dropped off the radar D= Got to know him through Citius Altius Fortius and Sinister Nation.
[B]Redemption[/B] and [B]Disenchanted -[/B] My fellow Aussie girls ^__^ <3
[B]Kayin -[/B] Haven't talked to him in ages but had a lot of good times.
[B]Keyblade Wielder/Riku -[/B] Much love, seriously. We also need to spar again sometime =D
[B]White/Lrb -[/B] Plenty of RPing memories, especially ones to do with Elements of some sorts =P
[B]JJRiddler/JJ -[/B] One abbreviation, MAMA. Many laughs with this guy. Miss him heaps.

Yeah, MAMA was definitely a defining moment, will never forget that little issue, heh. >.>

Sorry if I missed people, you make relationships with so many people it's hard to recall. But yays, I'm glad to see some oldies I thought had left still lurking a little.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][quote name='Athena'][size=1][color=indigo]
WHEW, that's a lot of writing, and I KNOW I've left a few people out. Shy, Queen Asuka, Dragon Warrior, Raiha, Karma of Chaos, Charles, Kitty, Steph, Chaos, Boo, Baron Samedi, deadseraphim (Alan), Retribution....all incredible and talented people.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

No Stuie? You drew pictures of me! Annie, I'm hurt
[B]Boo -[/B] Thank you for the Christmas card. Sorry I never mailed you one. Does hoe gaat het? Did I get that right?

[B]Kitty - [/B]Thank you for the Family Guy t-shirt. Sorry I never sent you a gift. Can we still be lovers one day? Call me!

[B]Retribution -[/B] Alex, I'm now living in the DC area, so let's hang sometime.

[B]Sun -[/B] GRAPHIX OMG

[B]KKC - [/B].hack//SIGN is the shiz.

[B]Nomad - [/B]Can you say world's largest banner thread? And a lot of late nights playing RuneScape /slit wrist.

[B]Mitch, and Syk3 -[/B] DDR Extreme 2 battles via AIM chat? Awesome.

[B]Stuart -[/B] Coolest moderator ever? Aye.

[B]LrB -[/b] Dude...

[B]sakurasuka -[/B] Because Paint Shop Pro is leet.

[B]Doc - [/B] What did we do again?

[quote name='Pumpkin'][FONT="verdana"][Size="1"][color=#CC0033]
[b]Retired Mods[/b] - Stuart, Raiyuu, White, and all the older mods that did their jobs. You were pure awesomeness. I wish you would all come back soon!.
[/size][/font][/color][/QUOTE]
Awww, thank you Pumpkin <3

Everyone who used to post in the Art Studio when I first joined this forums in 2003. After like 10 minutes of posting this I'll probably think of 20 more people v_v.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Stuart'][SIZE="1"]

No Stuie? You drew pictures of me! Annie, I'm hurt
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=indigo]HOLY ****!!! You're alive!!?! Awwww, I miss you Stuarts!!

We had great times! And I really wish I had continued with Bikini Bandits Strike Back! to find out what happened to you. Totally hit me up on AIM, dude. If you still have it.

And as not to offend anyone else I may have forgotten: I apologize, and I sincerely hope we can reconnect![/size][/color]

[quote name='Trigun 11'][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Wait. Adam is God. James is Jesus. Mmk?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE][font=tahoma][size=1][color=#006666]Oh naw uh you didn't. I smell a debate here.

[quote name='Stuart'][SIZE="1"]Awww, thank you Pumpkin <3[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Aww your welcome ;) She's right, you are alive! Hrm..I wonder who else is lurking out there in the shadows now?

I have to add a few more to the list, Sakurasuka definately makes the most amazing graphics, Sirius (who is Delta I believe I just figured this out), Retribution, Revelation, Ezekiel, Jigglyness, and Everyone who use to contribute to the Art Request threads, and Art thread in general. Also the fellow RP'ers, and Ozy/Sandy. Rach and BKstyles were also great RP'ers. Where did you all run off too? [/size][/color][/font]

[size=1]I miss Charles, Jenna and Sara the most. Those three in particular had probably the largest impact on this community, and OB feels totally different now with them gone.

There are other great members are no longer here, but I'm pretty good about keeping in touch with people via AIM.

-Shy[/size]

Hmph ...

Seems that I've been here since late '05, and have notched up a whopping ... 52 post counts. Fantastic.

Although I don't post too often, I do like to keep checking the Anime forums for good suggestions on what to watch, certain members have a decent idea of what's worth keeping an eye on. Also, the Gen. Discussion is always fun to poke around in; you guys be totally off-da-hook.