OtakuBoards

What Are You Watching?

Mr. Maul

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching Face Off and Being Human, lol! I just watched Dinner for Schmucks last night, it wasn't very good til about the middle, and it semi blew my mind at the end, lol!! The end was pure win... Now I'm waiting for Netflix to send me mah Paranormal Activity 2, cause me and my cousin are gonna watch it at like, 3 in the morning, hehe!

• 3 months later...
THREAD REVIVAL IN EFFECT

I just finished watching Requiem for a Dream in AP Psychology. It will take an endless number of showers for me to feel clean agin. It doesn't help that quite a few of my friends do drugs. The teacher asked if the movie was too overwhelming for a high school class. I seriously had to think about my answer, though it was, "No."

I have to say that although the plot was horrifying and made me cry about 7 times, the acting was SPECTACULAR! I especially applaud the woman that played the elderly lady [spoiler]that got addicted to diet pills.[/spoiler] She was heartbreaking, but excellent.

• 6 months later...
I have set aside a lot of time to watch [b]Fairy Tale[/b], and I am currently on episode 49. I am not really surprised that the series is this long, because the world has a ton of depth. I kinda went in thinking it was gonna be just another Rave Master, but it really feels much different, and in a very good way, I think this show has tons of strengths, but the biggest one has to be the villains. I really like how they are built up to be really strong, but the main characters are just a bit stronger for the most part. I really disliked the evolution theme anime's like DBZ have, and I much prefer the person you root for to be more powerful. Being an underdog is fun and all, but it really gets old. [spoiler] I also like how people usually return in the show, even if they were enemies.[/spoiler] This show is really addictive though... they know just when to end so that you are dying to watch another one. ( I could never watch this show on a week to week basis... it would drive me insane.) The only thing I dislike is the painful amounts of crying, friendship speeches, and fanservice.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1322759789' post='710440']
I have set aside a lot of time to watch [b]Fairy Tale[/b], and I am currently on episode 49. I am not really surprised that the series is this long, because the world has a ton of depth. I kinda went in thinking it was gonna be just another Rave Master, but it really feels much different, and in a very good way, I think this show has tons of strengths, but the biggest one has to be the villains. I really like how they are built up to be really strong, but the main characters are just a bit stronger for the most part. I really disliked the evolution theme anime's like DBZ have, and I much prefer the person you root for to be more powerful. Being an underdog is fun and all, but it really gets old. [spoiler] I also like how people usually return in the show, even if they were enemies.[/spoiler] This show is really addictive though... they know just when to end so that you are dying to watch another one. ( I could never watch this show on a week to week basis... it would drive me insane.) The only thing I dislike is the painful amounts of crying, friendship speeches, and fanservice.
[/quote]
Hmm... I really need to start watching that series again. I've only been reading the manga. When I first began reading Fairy Tail my problems were the characters themselves. Outside of Erza, there weren't any characters that really stood out, and at that time Erza stood out because of her "strong" role. She was no damsel and she could handle herself. I do remember when I first watched the series I felt that the female characters were more enjoyable though. So maybe it's a manga vs anime thing... "shrugs" But for the most part I still read Fairy Tail, but I hate Natsu (his type of character annoy me even more than damsels now)

As for what I watched. [b]Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas[/b], that is the name of the animated movie with Brad Pitt right? Anyway, for the most part it was watching me, but from what I saw of the movie it was great, although, I'm kinda wondering if it's my love for great animation/artwork that made this movie shine so much. The voices, or rather Michelle Pfieffer's role as Eries (sp?) was probably the one that stood out the most. Can't explain it too well, but it seemed like Pfieffer brought out the seductive side and, well, it worked. Like I said, though I have to watch it again because I missed a lot of it.

[quote name='Mark' timestamp='1322967431' post='710459']
Hmm... I really need to start watching that series again. I've only been reading the manga. When I first began reading Fairy Tail my problems were the characters themselves. Outside of Erza, there weren't any characters that really stood out, and at that time Erza stood out because of her "strong" role. She was no damsel and she could handle herself. I do remember when I first watched the series I felt that the female characters were more enjoyable though. So maybe it's a manga vs anime thing... "shrugs" But for the most part I still read Fairy Tail, but I hate Natsu (his type of character annoy me even more than damsels now)
[/quote]

I definitely am liking almost all of the characters, though it kinda feels like a better bleach since most people have one quirk and that is it for their personality. I am not sure about differences between the two, but I do like the animation and the voice acting, so it hits all the major qualifications that I have. I mentioned it before, but I dunno I am not sure if it is much different in the Manga... but the fan-service level is pretty ridiculous. Its as if they try to figure out different ways for Lucy to have her clothes torn off. Other than that I am sure the anime isn't a waist of time to try.

• 4 months later...
Ultimate Spider-Man. Animation wise it's pretty good, but in terms of actual content I'm not liking it much. I don't mind Spidey working with a team, but riding motorcycles, why? And then it's just a lot of corny comedy as well, but "shrugs". I'm only watching it right now because I wanted to see what Venom was like.

• 1 year later...
Just got Netflix, so I'm going back and catching up on a lot of television I've either caught only piecemeal, missed, or ignored over the past decade and a half.  Currently working on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and The X-Files, both of which I used to love, and testing out The Dead Zone, with which I am being pleasantly surprised. Also need to start working on The Walking Dead again, and have added a number of other series to a watch list for future reference.

I've always been a sucker for science- and paranatural-fiction.

• 1 month later...

MV5BMjE0NjE4NTQyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTQ3

This movie is stupid and horrible and campy and I love it.  Terrible plot.  Fantastic lines.  And the guy I thought was pretending to be Gary Busey was in fact Gary Busey.  The guy does a good impersonation of himself.  Who knew?

"Stop getting shot!"

Edited by Allamorph
HORY SHET THE EDIT REASONS ARE BACK

• 3 weeks later...

After watching all four seasons of Battlestar Gallactica I've decided to give Helix a try and it's just as good! I've also been watching Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. which helps with waiting for The Winter Soilder. There's also the new volume of the American version of Being Human to help me with dealing with the fact that Alphas is gone. But it still feels like I'm missing a few shows to watch; any suggestions?