OtakuBoards

RP club

Drizzt Do'urden

Well I've been thinking on this for awhile, and I think I have a good idea for a fun little "club" here on the OB.

What it would consist of would be X number of members, this would be based on however many people would be interested in participating.

Basically we'd allow each member to pick a short RP for the club to participate in. I mean SHORT too, something like a month, two at the most, in length. They could range anything form sci-fi, fantasy, to real life. Themes would be limitless, action, drama, comedy anything.

Though the official rules and stipulations would have to be decided by the group, the basic outline would be either each member would have an opportunity to choose. Or maybe something a little more diplomatic and each RP would be decided by a vote....as I said though the club itself would be the ones deciding.

If anybody would be interested in putting anything like this together, let me know here. After a few weeks we'll see where we stand.

Oh and of course participation in every RP would not be required. But occasional participation is a must...

You've got my support on this one. I'd love to have a club like that.

I'd be submitting role play ideas. I have a mind with endless possibilities for role plays. I already have four running at one time in the [B]SAME [/B]forum on another site, and one is at 22 pages after only two weeks since it was first posted. One has 10 pages, and has only existed a week. One is dying, but the last one has been up merely two days and is already near the end of page 2.

So you know... they are all results of my Narutarded fantasies. I just never seem to run out of ideas! :animesmil

I'll join too.

I'm thinking of starting a Street Fighter RP anyways. (I have it all worked out.) But if you want, I can save it for the RP club. (I really want to start it soon though.)

So yeah, sign me up too please. :animesmil

Wow six....well 5 1/2 I guess, Bots are welcome but only get half a part Botar :animesmil.

Six is a fantastic number, so I'd like to go ahead and get started. I'm going to send a PM to everyone involved so far to get input about how we should run this thing. Remember, just because it's my idea doesn't mean I "run" the show, it's a club so everything should be decided by the group. How we pick RP's, how long they should be, secret handshakes, etc. (We'll leave the animal sacrifices and the darker stuff to Lunar).

The club is open to anybody still, though you can't be involved until you let one of us know that you're interested. Either leave a message here, or PM me. Though doing both would be the better plan.

Thanks to all that are participating, and thanks to those who are considering.

[size=1]I definitely support the idea of doing something like this, although I'm not sure how much time I can commit to it. I would definitely like to help with the planning/creation of these RPGs, even if I don't have the time to post in them as much as I would like.

This is a good idea Drrizt. I'm glad to see you breathe some life into here. :whoops:

-Shy[/size]

Sc-fi RP in space! Sc-fi RP in space! Sc-fi RP in space! Just joking, but two space fleets duking it out in space would be awesome, even though it is too early, isn't it? let me know Drizzt. Also, didn't you get the memo? Scylon, not Bot! ERROR, ERROR, SPAM, SPAM, ERROR, ERROR, SPAM, 00101110110110110110. Get me back when you can with the answer if we can vote on that, ok?:box:

We'll vote, but as I said I'm going to PM everybody to find out HOW we're going to vote. I'd like to do it over PM so I'm thinking we'll just have everybody who's interested PM an idea to everybody involved. Then we can move on accordingly. Probably something like your idea in the convention center Botar, we'll start with a broad idea vote then narrow it down and so on.

I'm actually working on the PM as we speak, so look for it soon if I haven't sent it yet...

Wow great new additions by the way, good to have you all aboard.

Hey Drizzt, You're RP system seems a little convoluted, we should just post our ideas within a time period, then vote on one. I honestly won't remember everyone's name, anyways, alot of stuff could go down behind you're back!:shifty:

[quote name='botar15']Hey Drizzt, You're RP system seems a little convoluted, we should just post our ideas within a time period, then vote on one. I honestly won't remember everyone's name, anyways, alot of stuff could go down behind you're back!:shifty:[/quote]

We'll be doing pretty much just that, except I'll be taking the ideas in, reorganizing them into one post, and sending them to everybody to vote.

Unless you're saying everybody should post a full idea instead of the "outline".

The only problem with that second way is it really limits the input everybody will have. Afterall, some members have joined to assist in mainly the planning phases.

By the way, as of right now I've received 2 ideas for RP's. We'll keep it open until Friday 12:00 A.M. EST, and then I'll post the "Voting" post here then.

What I mean is, keep the outline, but drop the PMing to everyone. Just post an outline of you're idea in a set period of time, then when that time is over people vote for a RP idea thats been put down to vote for, then after the voting is done, (the voting time is over) the winner is to be the RP we will choose. Or we could go with you're idea, I just see more logic in my idea than yours, mabey because i'm a Bot and you're not!:box:

Okay first set of RP ideas has hit the ballots. Don't hesitate to put down why you are voting for a particular RP, you never know whether or not your opinion will sway a future voter towards your favorite.

I myself am going to vote for [B]Shy's[/B] reality show idea. I think it would be a great way to start off, killing off other club members, alliances, betrayl. It'll also do good for a short, hard hitting first RP.

I haven't brought this up, and this probably isn't the time to do so. But I need a group concensus on this; any ideas on how to restrict the length of these RP's? # of posts, duration? Or should we take them on a case by case basis?

Anybody else interested in joining will need to PM me...hehe we'll have to think of an 'initiation' of sorts guys.

[B]Edit:[/B] Though I'm sure everyone will agree that input from even non-members will be appreciated. Only votes from members will count, so unless you have something constructive please don't post here. Thanks

[COLOR="Purple"]I'm going to put my vote in for Shy's. I think that is a wonderful and unique idea. :catgirl:

I seriously thought it would be a poll thing that goes on the top and everyone votes there.....ANYWAY, I can't wait to get started!

As far as the length of these RP's, I'm thinking that we should have a set date in which we should end the RP; and keeping this date in mind we can probably be prepared for some issues to come up (considering of course that we make this date maybe a few days later than the date we actually want it to finish at). I'm also thinking that the posts should be a certain length, not too long to rush the story but not too short to keep the story behind and/or slow it down.
Those are just some ideas I had....I wanted to contribute something. :catgirl:[/COLOR]

Well, it looks like the lonely sound kunochi is gonna have to vote for herself... I didn't understand half of the stuff in Shy's because... well... I guess it's 'cause I'm failing English 10... :animeswea

Mine is different because instead being the good guys like most RPs, we get to be the dead-sexy bad guys! :animesmil

But again, that's why it's different... Not why it should be chosen. That's why it's up to you. I'm a follower, not a leader, that's for sure.:animeswea

Now I'm going to go ahead and assume that everyone else wanted to vote for Shy's (not fair I know but people are slacking)

If I don't here from at least 4-5 people regarding this I'm going to go ahead and call this a bust...sadly. Or start booting people, probably the ladder first.

Just so the RP club isn't a bust, I vote for Shy, again, only because I think everyone else is going to vote for her. (Great minds think alike, Drizzt man.) So, start posting, and stop effing around, man.