OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[size=1]Just because something isn't worthy of its' own thread doesn't mean you shouldn't post about it. Use this thread for random thoughts/life happenings, or to respond to something someone else wrote. [b]There is no topic, so therefore this thread can never go off-topic.[/b]

We apparently had a mild earthquake this morning, which I slept through. Why earthquakes always happen when I'm asleep is a strange coincidence. I suspect I'll sleep through 'The Big One' if and when that ever happens.

-Shy[/size] Edited by T.O.P

[size=1][color=indigo]Haha, awesome, Shy! Do you have a kitty? I saw once on some show that this lady's cat saved her life during an earthquake. The woman was sleeping and her cat kept trying to wake her up and kept running to the closet. The woman was a bit annoyed with the cat, but the last time the cat came to get her, the woman got out of bed and followed the cat. As soon as she got to the doorway of the closet, a huge earthquake hit and since she was in the door frame, she survived...I guess because that's the sturdiest place? I have never had to know what to do during an earthquake.

So get a kitty, hehe

...watching Family Guy, and just turned to see Louis bent over with her pants down and Brian spanking her. Whoa.[/size][/color]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Verdana"] . . .

I've seen Tay Zonday about six times while I was just walking around my college. Around the third time I passed him, I think he started to recognize me and give me the look of "I bet he knows me from Chocolate Rain" look. So basically, I'm too shy to say hi:animedepr. has anyone else had an experience like this?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=trebuchet ms] I secretly wish I was a cool black person who could dance their *** off so I could have an excuse to wear these:

[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/2mg6rmr.png[/img]

After having N.E.R.D come to our school this feeling has only intensified. Also I wish to marry Pharrell.[/font]

[COLOR="Purple"]Well.........I am a black person but I cannot dance really well.......and I really don't like basketball shoes. I personally prefer running shoes because they come in such awesome sauce colors. :animesmil My favorite smiley is this one ---> :wave: I think.......and I also think this is the best thread idea ever. Kudos to Shy. :wave:
I have a new spinny chair also........too bad my room is too small to spin around in. :animedepr[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Shy][size=1] [b]There is no topic, so therefore this thread can never go off-topic.[/b'][/size][/quote]This reminds me of the thread where you could ask any question and someone could answer it or pose their own question. It was rather random and had no set topic either. =P That is all.[/FONT][/COLOR]

So does this mean the thread will never be able to be closed?!:o

Well, I had the day off today because it was 'Staff Developement Day'. Personally, I think the teachers just sit around drinking coffee and talking about their bowels, as it seems to be a favorite subject of the more elderly teachers. I know I'm probably wrong, but who cares?! Anyway, now I feel too lazy to go to school tomorrow, though I have to...:animedepr

[color=#9933cc]Chibi - sure, the thread can be closed if someone says something that violates the forum rules. Such as starting a flame war. Or deciding that he's going to sue theOtaku (and proceeding to ***** about it on the boards). Oh kuja.

Also, botar's banner: I missed House today (I haven't watched it in ages), but I went on the website and watched a 2-minute preview clip of today's episode*. It looked really interesting, and now I have to wait a whole week before I can find out what went on, because Fox only posts videos 8 days after their original air date. =/

*at 9:15 PM. lol.[/color]

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]

Tattoos on the collar-bone/upper-chest sure are painful, but [i]god damn[/i] are they sexy.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

So are knife wounds.

...God. The pure horrid memories this thread brings up...

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] I secretly wish I was a cool black person who could dance their *** off so I could have an excuse to wear these:

After having N.E.R.D come to our school this feeling has only intensified. Also I wish to marry Pharrell.[/font][/QUOTE][size=1]Who cares about becoming a cool black person? I'm white and I post on OB and I would wear those shoes NOW.

My alternator broke driving home from work, and I was stuck a block away from my house for well over an hour. I called everyone in my family, but nobody answered their phones. My new best friend is now Mitch from AAA.

-Shy[/size]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Shows I am going to this month.

[b]This Or The Apocalypse[/b] - April 1st
[b]Between The Buried And Me[/b] - April 4th
[b]He Is Legend[/b] - April 7th
[b]Labyrinthe, From Idle Hands, By The Sins Fell Angels[/b] - April 11th
[b]A Skylite Drive, Dance Gavin Dance, Attack! Attack![/b] - April 21st

It's awesome show month in Columbia, SC![/color][/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Those shoes are brilliant! :bdance:

I actually have a question for anyone here who has been on a rollercoaster - especially a very fast one:

Have you felt discomfort afterwards because the whole time you were trying to hold your head still to avoid it moving side to side?

I was on the Superman rollercoaster at Warner Bros. Movieworld last weekend (I can't be bothered linking to this, but please feel free to Wikipedia it) and I felt a lot of strain in my neck/shoulders. It's gone now luckily, but I vaguely remember having this same feeling when I went on the 'coaster a couple of years ago.

The only difference this time was that we went on it twice. Ouch.

There aren't many rollercoasters in Australia, so I don't know how common this type of thing is.

Also... random side note, I have a new job. I received the offer today. It's scary. :nervous:[/font]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]I never considered owning shoes like that before, but now I am. And I kinda really want a pair.

Time to go Windows shopping![/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Is it sad that I already have an outfit planned for it. Like the whole skinny jeans and bandanna get-up. But I have trouble deciding between these two:

[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/2j4rod2.gif[/img]

BTW I made these on [u][URL="http://nikeid.nike.com/nikeid/index.jhtml?_requestid=3304330"]NikeID[/URL][/u]. If you have $100 or so laying around you can get them. Ridiculous, but I just recently ran into $100 for free and the first thing I thought of was buying these.

If you don't everyone should still play around with it because it's sort of addictive and maddening trying to figure out which color scheme is your favorite.[/font]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Who cares about becoming a cool black person? I'm white and I post on OB and I would wear those shoes NOW.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] True, I could rock the cool Asian girl thing.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Those shoes are brilliant! :bdance:

I actually have a question for anyone here who has been on a rollercoaster - especially a very fast one:

Have you felt discomfort afterwards because the whole time you were trying to hold your head still to avoid it moving side to side?[/font][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] And they incorporate my school colors. :D

There's this one ride at the Georgia Six Flags (The Ninja) that is infamous for making your head shake side to side so you end up hitting it on the bars, so whenever I strain my shoulder/neck muscles to keep it still they get pretty sore. [/font]

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium]I actually have a question for anyone here who has been on a rollercoaster - especially a very fast one:

Have you felt discomfort afterwards because the whole time you were trying to hold your head still to avoid it moving side to side?[/font][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]No, not really. I always lean completely back in the seat and relax. I figure even if I try and hold my head still, it's still gonna move around, so I don't feel like clenching up for no reason.

I do grip the safety-vest-thing-in-front, though. Force of habit; more from exhilaration than fear. :p[/FONT]

Well first off a big congrats to James, I'm hoping it won't interfere with your OB duties :nono:.

Hmm...reading everybodies posts I was sure I would have something witty and clever to say, but then I remembered I'm drizzt not Allamorph...

So I'm going to have to say that you don't have to be a cool black person to dance your *** off. You just have to have no shame and not expect to pick up a date and you can go to town.

[SIZE=1]I once spent two hours in an afternoon trying to see if I had superpowers. If you've never spent twenty minutes staring at your hands trying to make them explode into flame like the Human Torch then I don't recommend it.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]I woke up way too early this morning and can't fall back asleep. So my verdict for days when this happens is this:

[CENTER][IMG]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/29/128828116475568808.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Now I get the joy of getting ready for school and so forth... and 20 degree weather... oh joy!

[I]*dies*[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]My alternator broke driving home from work, and I was stuck a block away from my house for well over an hour. I called everyone in my family, but nobody answered their phones. My new best friend is now Mitch from AAA.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Oi, thats happened to me. One day last year I was driving to TKD and my car started acting funny, all the lights were going off in the car; the blinkers, air bag light, ABS, blah blah, so I quickly turn into a parking lot and it died right there. I took up two handicap parking spaces, oh those poor handicap people must've had to park all the way down.

I had to call my dad from a Chinese restraunt, lol. When we got the new alternator it was faulty, so we had to go back and get another one..I think they gave us a fualty one twice. What a fun experience that was. I was just lucky to make into that parking lot. XD

Ah I love roller coasters, and I've never had that problem.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] I secretly wish I was a cool black person who could dance their *** off so I could have an excuse to wear these:

[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/2mg6rmr.png[/img]

After having N.E.R.D come to our school this feeling has only intensified. Also I wish to marry Pharrell.[/font][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I'm a black person, and I'd never be caught wearing those shoes lol. Don't really like the style of it nor the colors.. Then again, I have big feet and I don't think they'll look good on my feet. People with small feet might actually be able to get away with them though.

I was watching WWE Raw last night only to wonder why I even bothered turning to the channel in the first place. (It's been a long time since I've actually sat down and watched wrestlin btw) I know wrestling fans hear this quite often from those who enjoyed wrestlin from early to mid 90's. It's always been poor on story and acting, but now it's just ridiculous. Even the matches aren't as exciting as it used to be.

I've been invited to go see Wrestlemania at a friends house this Sunday. I'm going only because of the free food. If it wasn't for that I would've passed on going.[/FONT]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]My ex told me last night that since he pays for our daughter's medical coverage he shouldn't have to pay for half the medical bills. But that was after he said that he'd only pay for half the bills if it wasn't because of some coverage error. Maybe I shouldn't've told him to be a man and pay for something for once. But that was also after he said he was supporting me on 475$ a month... odd since I've been working for the past four years and I support myself. But isn't he a wonderful guy?

That said:

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/Funny%20pictures/hatetheshoes-1.jpg[/IMG]

YOu know what? I had to do that.[/color][/font][/size]