OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='chibi-master' date='14 July 2010 - 04:12 AM' timestamp='1279073531' post='697260']
Might I suggest a cutesy heart between the couple and the chibis in the corner, corny as that may seem?

I worked out some intense fury in karate tonight, and I'm so glad I did. Otherwise, I'm sure I would have shredded a certain someone's face off, and that would be quite unladylike... :smirk:
[/quote]

[b]Actually, even if it is possibly corny, I finally feel like my banner is complete. (I found a heart design that is a bit different too, so I like it.) Thanks so much for the suggestion Chibi! <3

So how is karate anyways? I've always been interested in taking some form of self defense class.

@Sangome: I'm actually replaying games too. I don't have Majora's Mask, but I am replaying Ocarina of Time
And thanks. :biggrin:

@CaNz: As you can see, the banner is done. Thanks though for offering to help me out.

My summer plans are to get a summer outfit going, even though it's a bit late for that. (I have summer clothes, but nothing that great,) actually do something with friends that doesn't involve movies or other indoor stuff, like visiting this cool park we found. Besides that, not much besides drinking iced tea and getting out of the heat. XD

Really? San Francisco? I'm jealous. I miss that city. Have fun! :)

@James: Awww, I'm sorry. :o

I'll try to email you some of my summer. :P [/b]

[quote name='Korey' date='14 July 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1279129144' post='697299']
[font="Garamond"]Riddle me this: Who listens to music on their iPod soft enough to be able to hear ambient noise or people's voices?[/font]
[/quote]

[b]I do, but only if I'm cooking or something and need to hear if someone is trying to talk to me. That's the only time I listen to it that soft.

And continuing on that subject, what kind of headphones does everyone prefer? I have the little earbud ones, but for style I wear DJ style headphones. I can easily show my friends my music, so that's a bonus too.[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='14 July 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1279128703' post='697298']
[b]Actually, even if it is possibly corny, I finally feel like my banner is complete. (I found a heart design that is a bit different too, so I like it.) Thanks so much for the suggestion Chibi! <3

So how is karate anyways? I've always been interested in taking some form of self defense class. [/b]
[/quote]
I like it! It's adorable~!

It's superb! It makes me very happy whenever I learn something new. :biggrin:

[quote name='Korey' date='14 July 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1279129144' post='697299']
[font="Garamond"]Riddle me this: Who listens to music on their iPod soft enough to be able to hear ambient noise or people's voices?[/font]
[/quote]
Me. It seems like every time I listen to my music, someone feels the need to talk to me when it is obvious that I'm busy.

MultiQuote is absolutely fabulous!

The only thing that can beat my headphones is the sound of multiple subway trains speeding by. Speaking of which I need to buy new headphones. Budget is 35 bucks top. Noise cancelling preferably. I'm not looking for Bose quality with 35 bucks. Any suggestions?

[quote name='chibi-master' date='14 July 2010 - 08:07 PM' timestamp='1279130869' post='697302']
I like it! It's adorable~!

It's superb! It makes me very happy whenever I learn something new. :biggrin:

Me. It seems like every time I listen to my music, someone feels the need to talk to me when it is obvious that I'm busy.

MultiQuote is absolutely fabulous!
[/quote]

[b]Thanks~! I've never really cared about very many fictional couples until now actually. XD They're just too cute.

So why did you start taking karate? And would you recommend it to someone else? Or should I look for something else? (Nothing else interests me though.)

Also, I can't figure out the MultiQuote for some reason. :o [/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='14 July 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1279128703' post='697298']
[b]
@CaNz: As you can see, the banner is done. Thanks though for offering to help me out.
San Francisco? I'm jealous. I miss that city. Have fun! :) [/b]
[/quote]
I can see! i am always impressed by your awesome banners.
and you have been there before i'm guessing? i was born there, so i try to visit when i can... so many good things in that city.

[quote name='Korey' date='14 July 2010 - 10:39 AM' timestamp='1279129144' post='697299']
[/quote]
not me... but if people talk i usually reply since im not to bad at reading lips... though i have made some funny mistakes.

[quote name='Lilt' date='14 July 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1279141226' post='697311'][b]
Also, I can't figure out the MultiQuote for some reason. :o [/b]
[/quote]

you just click on the button... it should change color, then click on as many of them as you want... then hit the reply at the bottom! (my first time using it... but i am a master already)

[quote name='Lilt' date='14 July 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1279141226' post='697311']
[b]So why did you start taking karate? And would you recommend it to someone else? Or should I look for something else? (Nothing else interests me though.) [/b]
[/quote]
I wanted to have a way to protect myself and others in the event that I did not have a weapon. I have always wanted to study a martial art, and karate just stuck out to me. I would certainly recommend it, but just be careful. There are some dojos that let you buy your belts, and that is just wrong. There are a few different styles of karate, so you may need to look into that. I personally study Isshin Ryu.

[quote name='Botar' date='14 July 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1279155194' post='697317']
Haven't slept in almost 4 days now, feels good.
[/quote]
You are deffinitely my brother.

Speaking of relatives, I'm not going to be on next week because I'm staying with my grandma in Arkansas and she has no internet. Lilt, watch CaNz and Botar for me, please! :biggrin:

[font=Garamond]I'm really fed up with Reverend Jesse Jackson. I think he tries to make everything into a racial matter when there is no racial pretenses in it. He levyed his "professional" opinion on the whole Dan Gilbert and LeBron James thing. To sum up, dear ol' Jesse said that Gilbert was acting like LeBron was a "Runaway Slave".

Yeah. He said that. I don't agree with what Dan Gilbert said in the least and I'm glad he got punished for it, but there was no racial slurs or attacks on LeBron in Gilbert's statements. My dad said something that I thought was kinda true. Had LeBron been a white man and this had happened, Jesse Jackson would have been mum.[/font]

[quote name='Lucia' date='15 July 2010 - 02:01 AM' timestamp='1279184463' post='697331']
[color="#4169e1"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Also, it's 3am and I'm not sleepy yet. ._.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

im up till about 5 usually, and i never have anything to do.

[quote name='CaNz' date='15 July 2010 - 03:15 AM' timestamp='1279185323' post='697332']
im up till about 5 usually, and i never have anything to do.
[/quote]
[color="#4169E1"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Well having something to do isn't a problem. I can always play Guild Wars or read. I just figured I'd be ready to sleep already. heh[/font][/color]

[quote name='Lucia' date='15 July 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1279185936' post='697333']
[color="#4169E1"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Well having something to do isn't a problem. I can always play Guild Wars or read. I just figured I'd be ready to sleep already. heh[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font="Garamond"]Y'know, with using the same avatar and everything, everyone still knows who you are, lol. But I'm hip![/font]

[quote name='Botar' date='14 July 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1279155194' post='697317']
Haven't slept in almost 4 days now, feels good.
[/quote]

omg why/how. I'm a college student and all but I cannot function after two days without sleep. The 2-3 times I've pulled an all-nighter was only to write papers, I tried it once to study for a test the next morning and I ended up doing worse than I would have if I had gone to sleep.

Also coffee/energy drinks don't do anything for me

[quote name='Lucia' date='15 July 2010 - 05:01 AM' timestamp='1279184463' post='697331']
[color="#4169E1"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]And I decided to try out the name display deal so I can confuse people. :P[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Nooooo... :whatever:

[quote name='AvalonAngel' date='15 July 2010 - 08:28 AM' timestamp='1279196890' post='697335']
[font="Garamond"]Y'know, with using the same avatar and everything, everyone still knows who you are, lol. But I'm hip![/font]
[/quote]
True... Also, one for you: :whatever:

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!! I HONESTLY DETEST PACKING!!! STUPID CRAP NEVER FITS IN THE DARNED BAG!!!

[quote name='AvalonAngel' date='15 July 2010 - 04:36 AM' timestamp='1279183007' post='697329']
[font=Garamond]I'm really fed up with Reverend Jesse Jackson. I think he tries to make everything into a racial matter when there is no racial pretenses in it. He levyed his "professional" opinion on the whole Dan Gilbert and LeBron James thing. To sum up, dear ol' Jesse said that Gilbert was acting like LeBron was a "Runaway Slave".

Yeah. He said that. I don't agree with what Dan Gilbert said in the least and I'm glad he got punished for it, but there was no racial slurs or attacks on LeBron in Gilbert's statements. My dad said something that I thought was kinda true. Had LeBron been a white man and this had happened, Jesse Jackson would have been mum.[/font]
[/quote]
I've pretty much ignored all of it after the initial stuff. The only thing I'm interested in at the moment is if the Heat will acquire anyone else. I know they have Big Z (can't spell his name) and Haslem's returning... The heat just might be the team to beat this coming season. I don't want to shoot them up as #1 in the east just yet considering they still need a competent PG. The suns is looking pretty good acquiring Hedo although I probably would've kept Barbosa. In the words of Stephen A, that guy's a stud. I officially give up on the Pistons for not making any type of move whatsofrigginever. And there's talk about them being sold to Vegas. (Good riddance.. I still got the Tigers to root for)

Jesse Jackson is always running his mouth about something that isn't there. In the end he is just an insecure git. Always looking for a fight and trying to prove something when there is nothing to prove.

I have a very special job for you all. This is my last post before I leave for Arkansas, so I want it to take care of business. I would like to ask everyone to take over something while I'm gone. Please look in the birthday box every day until I get back next week and send a birthday PM to any member you recognize. It's a fun hobby and I hope to spread the joy it brings! See y'all, and good night! :biggrin: Edited by chibi-master