OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

aah, I have tried all of their general wines except moscato, but I have had many moscatos and found them good, desert wines are awesome if you can take the intense sweetness.
you will have to tell me how it works out... and if you have a chance grab a barefoot Riesling, for a viniard that has only produced Riesling grapes since 2007 they are fantastic.
and you cant go wrong with Korbel for cheap champagne (not authentic but you couldn't really tell by general taste)

that reminds me... next time I am in mexico I am getting Champagne... I had a Mexican brand that's topped every champagne I ever have gotten to try by a mile.

[quote name='Ol' Fighter' timestamp='1293789509' post='703495']
Small world man. I live in Grand Rapids!

Awesome. Now that I see your locale it says, "The Oven Mitt of America.", lol.
[/quote]

That is strange haha. That's the first time since I joined OB back in 1999 that somebody was actually from where I'm from, much less the same city. I mean, Grand Rapids is big compared to my hometown of Carson City, MI, but it's still not too huge. That's pretty cool :P

And on the subject of wine, the movie [u]Sideways[/u] made me want to build up my "palette" for wine. It's been a rough road because I hate alcohol honestly. But goodness knows I'm trying to acquire the taste.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1293797071' post='703498']
if i have kids with this girl you are officially the aunt,
by the way i am not seeing her for four months.... odds are you aren't getting a nephew.
[/quote]
Heck yeh!
Wait a- FOUR MONTHS? Bro, you better have some damn good charm if you plan on waiting that long! :P

I got sick again too. Its probably a different cold over here I guess... I just hope it doesn't turn into strep. That was nooo fun.

Also, I had Texted the plane girl from yesterday at about 1pm to around 11pm... she then texted me back at 1am to apologize for falling asleep (which i think is really adorable, but even more unnecessary) and tried to start up a quick conversation before passing out again.
She wants to meet me here before I leave, 'cause it will be a while till she returns to San Diego... and I am p'rolly doing it. I mentioned how she loved my emulators on the plane... Well, she already has the Genesis and Gameboy emulators (pokemon included) on her phone! Impressive for not even knowing they existed before.... Oh yeah, and she is a cute girl and I am single... what do I really have to lose. Edited by CaNz

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1293973939' post='703557']
Oh yeah, and she is a cute girl and I am single... what do I really have to lose.
[/quote]

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Dude, that's the best setup ever! And the video game loving!!! Booyah, CaNz. Booyah

I had a thing like that happen when I went to New Orleans this summer. She's cute and funny, and kinda nerdy. It sucked that we couldn't see each other more while we were there. She lives in Indiana, and I'm going to go visit her in February!

How long do you have with her?[/color][/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Good luck, CaNz. =D

I've pretty much decided that I don't want to date anyone around where I live, especially not at my college. Just. fxusdsfuiosdufsiodfs :sick: no. Especially since I'm heck bent on moving out of this state when I can.

Unfortunately, though, I'm pretty much stuck around here for at least another couple of years. My mom's offered to pay for me to use online dating sites, though, since I've said I don't really wanna date anyone around here. I, uhhh, am not entirely sure I wanna take her up on that offer, even though I know she means well. I'm not loathe to finding anyone online, of course. Far from it. I'd just rather have known the person beforehand. >>; My two best friends IRL met on a forum, and they're together now and very much in love...so who knows.

DANGIT I miss our emotes. D:[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

I would feel a bit awkward about my parents paying for an online dating account for me. But then again I always feel like if I got one it'd be me giving up on myself. Though I know online dating is a good way to meet people and isn't lame at all, I still feel like people would think I was lame to use it. Does that make sense? Haha. Either way, I date enough people around here... I'm just picky.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Makes sense to me, heh. It's definitely not something for everyone. I'd be willing to give it a chance, since I have seen it do good...just...probably not on a proper dating site. I don't think my mom is fully aware of how expensive those can get, too, so...[/font][/color]

[font="Tahoma"]Whatcha need is a few guy friends that you usually hang out with. Single ones, mind you. And just tell them. "I'm going to do "insert activity here" on Saturday. You should tag along with me. I need someone like you there." Totally non-needy and it's a low committment sort of thing.[/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]My life would be so much easier if I could do that, though, Korey; I only have one male friend IRL, and he's taken [and moved away to boot]. The rest of my male friends I only know online. I guess I could try to make more male friends, but I'm [i]painfully[/i] shy. And, again, I've no interest in anyone at my college. Doesn't really bother me that much, though. [Though I could stand to work on the shyness factor, either way.][/font][/color]

[quote name='Boo' timestamp='1294046593' post='703582']
OR. You could buy a Russian bride off the internet.
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I think I'll pass on that one. :eyebrow: [/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1294042023' post='703576']
[color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Good luck, CaNz. =D
I've pretty much decided that I don't want to date anyone around where I live, especially not at my college. Just. fxusdsfuiosdufsiodfs :sick:[/font][/color]
[/quote]Thanks!
since I made it an OB matter I will tell you all how it goes, I will do my best so don't make fun of me if I fail okay!
[quote name='Dragon Warrior' timestamp='1294043270' post='703577'] Either way, I date enough people around here... I'm just picky.
[/quote]
Probably the reason why I am so into this one is because I haven't met anyone who I like around were I live. I love southern California, but I don't think this is the best place for me to find girls I get along with. Everyone I have dated here has come from states outside California within the last three years... except for one... and she lives here in Yreka, where its much more like OR than CA.
honestly this girl is the only one I have gotten to see in person who wasn't from CA in years.... so far as I know...
It could be a completely invalid point... but its one of the patterns that I can see.

[quote name='Dragon Warrior' timestamp='1294047196' post='703584']
School is a great way to meet people... are you in college? I would suggest getting into groups of interest if you are. Meeting people in your interest groups would be best :]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Yeah, I'm in college. I do have some male acquaintances there [known through a friend], but they're all either taken or...not people I'd wanna date, to put it gently. Plus I've not seen most of them since this school year started, anyway.

Either way...I'm not wildly fond of my college, mainly 'cause of the students that populate it. I'm in the same boat as CaNz; no one really around here that tickles my fancy.[/font][/color]

I guess its not just me then... I mean.. its not like I can pick out one certain aspect of Californian women I dislike, but I seem to find people from other places that I do.

also, she just texted me again at 2am telling me she is sorry she fell asleep... I really like this adorable woman.

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1294042023' post='703576']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]
DANGIT I miss our emotes. D:[/font][/color]
[/quote]
I MISS THEM MORE.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1294048702' post='703589']
also, she just texted me again at 2am telling me she is sorry she fell asleep... I really like this adorable woman.
[/quote]
CaNz, if she's willing to do that, she's a keeper. Go for it! >:D

I will not be dating any time soon. I'm apparently too intimidating for anyone to even speak to me, much less start a relationship with. Also, if I brought home a girlfriend, my parents would slay me. Plus, about every bi or les girl in my school is either taken or not making themselves available, which is okay, I guess. *sulks*

Nothing has really happened yet, so there is no keeping that I know of, however I think people know why I would be willing to wait for four months till I wouild see her now... I already like the silly things she does way too much.
[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1294050813' post='703591']
I will not be dating any time soon. I'm apparently too intimidating for anyone to even speak to me, much less start a relationship with. Also, if I brought home a girlfriend, my parents would slay me. Plus, about every bi or les girl in my school is either taken or not making themselves available, which is okay, I guess. *sulks*
[/quote]
Well that's all their loss... but whoever she is she would never be good enough for you and I would have to beat her up if she broke your heart... and that's kinda bad cause she would p'rolly be a minor and a girl. Edited by CaNz