OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Boo' timestamp='1294071783' post='703596']
If Otakuboards.com was a country, it would be larger than [url="http://www.visualizetraffic.com/exit.php?u=Pitcairn%20Islands"]Pitcairn Islands[/url] with its 52 daily visitors!
[/quote]

"And if you look over there, you can seem the historical forum of the Anthology, which hasn't been used in decades."

[quote name='Ol' Fighter' timestamp='1294115820' post='703615']
So I went to a black light party for New Years.
I achieved most drunk at the party along with my roommate.

Those 3 bottles of wine...
Just... whoa.
[/quote]

Didn't go to the ball drop at Rosa Parks Circle? I didn't either. The rain was making me not up for it.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1294051463' post='703593']
and that's kinda bad cause she would p'rolly be a minor and a girl
[/quote]
I should know by now not to drink water whenever I'm reading posts on OB... XD

[quote name='Selene Shri' timestamp='1294106901' post='703608']
[font="Century Gothic"]I'm back in school. oO Feels weird after being off for over a week.[/font]
[/quote]
Agreed. I could use another week off...

Also. How did I not find out about this video until today?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glii-kazad8[/media]

Alright! I am very excited for my date today. We plan on going out for sushi in a town called Ashland (its the only good place to eat around here...and its like 45 minutes away... Yreka sucks) then heading back to spend the rest of the day around my house... I then plan on cooking Chicken Parmesan, spaghetti, and garlic bread... Perhaps a bottle of cab... should be nice. :smirk:

Also she will p'rolly end up kicking my rump at Marvel Vs Capcom sometime tonight, but I like the abuse.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1294227857' post='703649']
Alright! I am very excited for my date today. We plan on going out for sushi in a town called Ashland (its the only good place to eat around here...and its like 45 minutes away... Yreka sucks) then heading back to spend the rest of the day around my house... I then plan on cooking Chicken Parmesan, spaghetti, and garlic bread... Perhaps a bottle of cab... should be nice. :smirk:

Also she will p'rolly end up kicking my rump at Marvel Vs Capcom sometime tonight, but I like the abuse.
[/quote]

[b]Boy, I've been gone too long. A date? What is she like, CaNz? And congratulations! We'll all be cheering for you from OB. ^^

I hope you have a great time.

Will this be a first date by the way? Or have you gone on a date with her before? Cooking at home is a nice touch by the way.

Also, I should be back officially next week.[/b]

[quote name='Morbo' timestamp='1294352143' post='703681']
[img]http://double-chinned.mirror.waffleimages.com/data/48/4810292f7ca7b6c0a89e50310b66d6fde7fd53b1.jpg[/img]

I love this... If only the new movie would be this.
[/quote]

And if only the image would show up :P Haha.

Welcome back, Lilt!

[quote name='Dragon Warrior' timestamp='1294387204' post='703687']
And if only the image would show up :P Haha.[/quote]

Ahhh I stand dishonoured sir...

I hope this one works
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Morbo86/111111.jpg?t=1294426806[/img]

I was kinda nervous at the time... but how it went:
[size="5"]NOT GOOD[/size]
okay, so it started out really strong, she was adorable and funny, and somehow i seemed likable, however via facebook and her afterwords i found out she is casually seeing another guy. She didn't have anything good to say about him, but I thought it said a bit about her. After that she sent revealing photos to me... I was just gonna be a causual fling to her, and thats just not good enough for me.

On the upside, good for you. Not a lot of fellas turn down a casual fling; they'd actually strive for some sex along with those pictures. I've been in your situation before as well... a few times. It sucks when the girl is actually what you want in a relationship. If she didn't want anything dating-wise, I wouldn't waste my time on her either. But it's your decision. Here's to hoping that other guy is a nobody now and she gets her head on straight.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1294562599' post='703730']
I was kinda nervous at the time... but how it went:
[size="5"]NOT GOOD[/size]
okay, so it started out really strong, she was adorable and funny, and somehow i seemed likable, however via facebook and her afterwords i found out she is casually seeing another guy. She didn't have anything good to say about him, but I thought it said a bit about her. After that she sent revealing photos to me... I was just gonna be a causual fling to her, and thats just not good enough for me.
[/quote]
*facepalm* Geez... Don't worry, CaNz. I know you can do better than that.

It's waaay to late/early for me to be awake. My eyeballs are burning. I think they're going to fall out of their sockets...

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Wow, uhm. She sounds...special.

I've pretty much given up on having a semi-decent sleep schedule, which is gonna SUUUUUCK once I start back with school. I mean, I get a decent amount of sleep, usually...just...not when people normally sleep. >__>;[/font][/color]

I know how to pick em!
She isn't ...stupid, but she has had lots of problems... which is kinda sad because I feel like I am abandoning her...
First off, she is a recovering heroin addict. She is six monthes clean, but that kinda problem is hard to shake.
She got started from her boyfriend for 2 years, who also physically abused her.
I kinda wish she wasn't so dead set about having casual relationships now because I am sure she could use someone who would treat her right... but thats just not going to happen if she just sleeps with guys she barely knows and then forgets about it.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]If you were to continue to pursue her, you would need to be prepared for a LOT of heartache and heartbreak. While it's sweet of you to want to be the person to treat her right, if she can't kick these other problems, then she's just going to destroy herself, and anyone else she takes with her.

Trust me, I know [though admittedly, not from a romantic standpoint, but from a platonic/friendship standpoint]. Granted, most of them got better, but holy cow it's not something you want to take on if you're not prepared.[/font][/color]

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1294570910' post='703734']
... but thats just not going to happen if she just sleeps with guys she barely knows and then forgets about it.
[/quote]

[color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"]That sounds exactly like my x-friend. But she was always in denial of it. Then she did something really stupid and messed around with her best friend's fiance. That screwed her up even more. And not to mention she is a drug addict and alcoholic. But asdgad, I digress. You have to be really willing to put up with her. But she doesn't sound as bad as my x-friend. I feel sorry for her current boyfriend.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1294605988' post='703739']
[color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]If you were to continue to pursue her, you would need to be prepared for a LOT of heartache and heartbreak. While it's sweet of you to want to be the person to treat her right, if she can't kick these other problems, then she's just going to destroy herself, and anyone else she takes with her.

Trust me, I know [though admittedly, not from a romantic standpoint, but from a platonic/friendship standpoint]. Granted, most of them got better, but holy cow it's not something you want to take on if you're not prepared.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
I think going into any relationship means you need to be prepared for heartache and heartbreak, but I agree that this one has a much better chance of causing it. Really the Question isn't weather I would be willing to try or not... it is if she would let me. The only thing she wants from me is a quick fling (something I don't want at all) so even if I tried all that I could, it would end up failing.
[quote name='Lyndy' timestamp='1294612111' post='703743']
[color="#556b2f"][font="Times New Roman"]That sounds exactly like my x-friend. But she was always in denial of it. Then she did something really stupid and messed around with her best friend's fiance. That screwed her up even more. And not to mention she is a drug addict and alcoholic. But asdgad, I digress. You have to be really willing to put up with her. But she doesn't sound as bad as my x-friend. I feel sorry for her current boyfriend.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
It makes you feel bad when you can't help them out. I know that she needs to help herself before I can do anything at all for her... but watching someone struggle is agonizing.
I really don't feel sorry for her current boyfriend though... most guys tend to enjoy purely physical relationships where you are free to date other people if you want.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Well, as cliche as this is going to sound, maybe just try to be only friends for right now? She's already seeing someone else anyway, plus, you only just met her. Take some time to know each other more as platonic friends, and see where it goes from there? But if she insists on something else, then...yeah, it might be best to abandon ship, especially if she's already showing you, erm, less than classy photos of herself.[/font][/color]

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1294618712' post='703744']The only thing she wants from me is a quick fling (something I don't want at all) so even if I tried all that I could, it would end up failing.
[/quote]
I thought everyone wanted a quick fling these days with the way people seem to be getting together and breaking up weeks later. Maybe that's just around here.