OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Stawks' timestamp='1295905745' post='704237']
Thread, why is there no thread on this forum to post silly pictures of ourselves. Are we all just ashamed of our hideous nerdishness, or is there some bizarre rule against it.
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]There was one several months ago, I guess it died. Feel free to make your own, though. Many of us are absolute camwhores, it'll pick up in no time.[/font]

[color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"]Actually there is a thread to post pictures of yourself... People still post in it a bit.

And right when I get home and sign into MSN I get bombarded with e-mails from OB one after another. DING DING DING DING DING OMG JUST SHUT UP
...and I think that is all I have to say for now.
And I have food from Hardee's...and that is all... I am mind blank. ._.[/font][/color] Edited by Lyndy

[quote name='Stawks' timestamp='1295905745' post='704237']
Thread, why is there no thread on this forum to post silly pictures of ourselves. Are we all just ashamed of our hideous nerdishness, or is there some bizarre rule against it.

EDIT: Oh wait this thread does exist this is why I should scroll down. You so crazy, Me!
[/quote]

Yeah. [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/40794-i-forgot-what-you-people-look-like-image-heavy/"]CLICK HERE.[/url]

[quote name='Lyndy' timestamp='1295906064' post='704239']
[color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"]And right when I get home and sign into MSN I get bombarded with e-mails from OB one after another. DING DING DING DING DING OMG JUST SHUT UP[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I'm pretty sure you can disable that, y'know.

...I think I've posted more in this thread in the past couple of days than I have on the rest of the boards in about a month...[/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1295906259' post='704241']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I'm pretty sure you can disable that, y'know.
[/font][/color]
[/quote]
[color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"]Yeah, I know. :sweatdrop: I just never got one right after another before. And I always like having them so I know when to check OB again. There are probably so much because of the time of day. :V >_>[/font][/color]

-10 degrees F here today. So what does my school's superintendent do? He farts about, not wanting to make a decision about closing the school until it's too late since kids have already arrived. What does he do, then? "WELL, UH... SCHOOL IS NOW DELAYED 2 HOURS IN CASE MAYBE IT GETS WARMER A LITTLE HERP DERP." Because of this, I missed my first three classes, including AP World and Geometry, my two hardest classes and the ones that I have midterms for tomorrow. And it did not get a damn degree warmer. FML.

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1295906259' post='704241'][color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]
...I think I've posted more in this thread in the past couple of days than I have on the rest of the boards in about a month...[/font][/color]
[/quote]
I am probably the same... Except I also post in other sections of the board so I REALLY post here too much.... oh well... gotta get to Senior Otaku somehow right? :smirk:

Ok, my dad looks at our local news every single day and I hate it but last night when he had it on they were talking about this guy

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzA1foR6gTw&feature=related[/media]

Consider me impressed because I always like songs that got a fast flow

And then I went onto see a little more of this guy's vids and came across this

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GvTLfV8fls&feature=related[/media]

Where the hell did this guy come from? He's good. Edited by Magus

That's true and to be honest, I like that too (I'm weird) but at the same time I still understand what they say (Bone Thugs n Harmony). It'll take me a few months to actually hear it but I still catch on quicker than the slower rappers for some reason.

I was watching Lopez Tonight last night. I don't watch talk shows often but he had Kevin Hart on their and I had nothing better to do so I checked it out, and, well here;

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgV1iLawjs0[/media]

I was in tears.

[color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]I tried checking OB at school this morning in my computer class since I woke up at 7:45 am! When I was supposed to wake up at 7:00 am. >_> But I barely got to school on time, at 8:02. The late bell is 8:05. I turned off the alarm in my sleep again. ._. But when I tried checking OB at school, I got into trouble. :I But I don't have much homework! I just have to study for a test and draw. Yay.

And maybe I can finally get back to watching an episode of FMA:B a day again. I didn't get to do so yesterday because I procrastinated on doing my homework. >_>
And I wasted a lot of my time on OB yesterday. heh[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Horendithas' timestamp='1296004368' post='704351']
[color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]It's three months now... can I stop being so ******* tired all the time now?[/font][/color]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Actually I think it works the other way. Don't quote me, I'm not a doctor. But I'm pretty sure you get more tired the farther toward term you get.[/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]There was a girl in one of my classes today that was texting. Annoying enough. But she had two phones out. [i]Two.[/i] And she was using them [i]both[/i] to text. I think one was a Facebook app thing when I looked over, but she was definitely using them both to text.

I... don't even know where to begin.[/font][/color]

well.. you could start with it being impractical... unless she has four hands it would take more time to switch phones than any delay in sending messages.

Maybe she needs two because she is cheating on her boyfriend! scandalous![sub] (must text about it with my two cellphones)
[/sub]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1296055162' post='704369']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]There was a girl in one of my classes today that was texting. Annoying enough. But she had two phones out. [i]Two.[/i] And she was using them [i]both[/i] to text. I think one was a Facebook app thing when I looked over, but she was definitely using them both to text.
[/font][/color]
[/quote]

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to switch to my other tab that has Facebook open and "like" my friend's blog post and watch the latest episode of The Guild while checking comments on my Facebook page and listen to the newest Pandora station that was created from all the music that my Facebook friends like and Tweet from my cell phone about how awesome it is.

*pie'd*

But seriously, this takes "multitasking" to an absurd level. Edited by Mistress Duck

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]You forgot to mention while checking Myspace! Oh wait, people don't do that anymore.

It would have been slightly more impressive multitasking if she was doing all that and actually, like, taking notes. But she wasn't, as her page was completely blank. Her loss, I guess.[/font][/color]

On the subject of multitasking, did you know the brain is actually INCAPABLE of multitasking? The brain has a very limited selective attention and cannot focus on two tasks at once; instead it 'jumps' between different tasks but its attention is never 'split' between tasks. Its focus alternates at lightning speed giving the impression of 'multitasking'.

So you know when someone is 'multitasking' (perhaps we should say selectively focusing on alternating tasks?) by driving and talking on a cell phone? When they crash their brain was 'focused' on the mobile phone conversation, if not briefly, and when an obstacle appears to disrupt the driving tasks the brain quickly switches back -- but reaction time is still reduced by up to 1/4! :O

I LOVE COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY I DO.

(I'm so sorry I had to throw this in, I must learn random things and take every opportunity to announce them, forget them and move on with my life). Edited by Vicky

This makes me look forward even more to university. HOHOHO Psychology is going to be so much fun!

But if what you're saying is true then it wouldn't be possible to actually comprehend what the other person is saying while there's, let's say, a curve since the driver would have to focus on steering or what?