OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1296005203' post='704353']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Actually I think it works the other way. Don't quote me, I'm not a doctor. But I'm pretty sure you get more tired the farther toward term you get.[/font][/quote]
[color="#4B0082"][font="Arial"]It depends. From what I've read and been told by the doctor, during the second phase you can have it stick around or ease up a bit until you get to the third trimester. I'm obviously hoping mine eases off a bit. It gets old having no energy most of the day... every damn day.[/font][/color]

I had today off and was supposed to be using it to study for a Biology midterm tomorrow. Instead, I watched Despicable Me 7 times in a row, ate junk food, napped, slacked off, read manga, doodled, gabbed on the phone, played Pokemon and surfed the interwebs. I regret nothing! Besides, Bio is an easy subject.

[quote name='Felix the Cat' timestamp='1296091749' post='704395']
This makes me look forward even more to university. HOHOHO Psychology is going to be so much fun!

But if what you're saying is true then it wouldn't be possible to actually comprehend what the other person is saying while there's, let's say, a curve since the driver would have to focus on steering or what?
[/quote]

I think it's like lightning fast attention diversion. It's sorta selective; if someone calls your name you respond, so the brain processes the meaning first then decides to pay attention. Maybe in the split second the brain is on driving irrelevant words are being spoken, like "a" or a brief pause until a word with an appealing meaning appears. If you're not being sarcastic about psychology take a look at the Deutch & Detuch (or Treisman) filter model :D

BUT, on that note, the brain stores info in the short term memory. If the driver has to concentrate on the driving for 3 - 4 seconds then the conversation will still be stored in the short term memory. The brain then diverts its attention back to to the conversation and manages to "catch" whatever was said a few seconds ago because it's still in the short term memory and can now be processed with the brain's attention. Information will disappear from the short term memory if the brain does not allocate its attention towards it after a few seconds.

The same doesn't count for like quick reactions though. You'll have a delayed reaction if it goes to the short term memory then attention is drawn to it after a few seconds - but when a kid runs out in front of the car, that few second is the difference between stopping in time and... well :(

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1296100154' post='704425']
I had today off and was supposed to be using it to study for a Biology midterm tomorrow. Instead, I watched Despicable Me 7 times in a row...
[/quote]
I loved that movie too! of course it really isn't fair when they have adorable toddlers for a character list and then Steve Carell.

Also I had Sushi Pizza yesterday!
[attachment=15016:110127-045320.jpg]
Sorry about the low quality pic... but I have no way of getting pictures from my phone on to my computer without getting creative.
Anyways it didnt taste that bad, but cheese was not the best thing to mix in... and like Anomaly said, sashimi was delicious on it. Though... sashimi is always good for me.

[color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]School was good today, kinda. I got a 97% on my English test, but I got a 84% on my Geography test. ._. *was hoping for an A* And I have a Physics test tomorrow that I will bomb since I an not going to study for it. When I say I want out of the class, I mean it, so I am not going to waste my time with Physics and I am just not even going to try.

And some time after school when I was home, my internet just decided to stop working when I was talking to some people. = = And it stopped working for about two hours, but I decided to use my neighbor's internet. :V But I hate it when my internet decides to crash when I am using it.

And I hate watercolors! >([/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1296133260' post='704437']
I loved that movie too! of course it really isn't fair when they have adorable toddlers for a character list and then Steve Carell.

Also I had Sushi Pizza yesterday!
[attachment=15016:110127-045320.jpg]
Sorry about the low quality pic... but I have no way of getting pictures from my phone on to my computer without getting creative.
Anyways it didnt taste that bad, but cheese was not the best thing to mix in... and like Anomaly said, sashimi was delicious on it. Though... sashimi is always good for me.
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"]what did I tell you! Great idea, or [i]greatest idea?[/i] I am just so smart.[/font]

I'm not sure what genius designed the women's bathroom at my office (he was probably a man), but I've got something to tell him: it's never a good idea to a) build tiny, tiny stalls that only walking skeletons could get into, and b) decide to make the door open [I]inward[/I] so that it's impossible to get out once you've squeezed yourself in.

Also, sports stadiums? Start making the women's bathroom about twice as big as you think it needs to be. Then lines aren't a problem.

[quote name='Mistress Duck' timestamp='1296233388' post='704487']
I'm not sure what genius designed the women's bathroom at my office (he was probably a man), but I've got something to tell him: it's never a good idea to a) build tiny, tiny stalls that only walking skeletons could get into, and b) decide to make the door open [I]inward[/I] so that it's impossible to get out once you've squeezed yourself in.

Also, sports stadiums? Start making the women's bathroom about twice as big as you think it needs to be. Then lines aren't a problem.
[/quote]

[b]It sounds like he discovered the secret of women's restrooms and was so mad he decided to get revenge. There was a restroom like that at one of my old jobs. It was pretty cramped too.

That sounds like a pretty good idea. I've never really been to many sports stadiums though, but now I'm glad I've missed out.[/b]