OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Effing Anomaly' timestamp='1299129716' post='705449']
[font="Garamond"]Not only did I get nominated to go on exchange next year to Korea through my university, BUT I also was given my top choice!! Korea University in Seoul. August cannot come fast enough, and I am on top of the world. C: Life's good.[/font]
[/quote]

[b]Wow, Seoul?! Congratulations!

Let us know how it's like in Korea. I've always wanted to travel there.[/b]

my mind is soon going to lose the plot because of school x_x monday i have an in class english essay on two short stories, have no flipping idea what to do for it and then on tuesday is mod day and us year 11's have our AST prac test and no one has said if we have to study or not...........damn college

On the topic of exams .etc, I have a 3 hour written exam on Romeo and Juliet on Monday. Not too bothered, but I prefer to know the question and whatnot beforehand. We just know it's an exam, for 3 hours, on Romeo and Juliet.

Knew I should have gone to those Shakespeare modules....

Man, I almost went off today. I'm not the type that get easily flustered when it comes to working around people. I usually brush things to the side, but this guy got me to the point to where I had to walk out (took a long break). Had I stayed I was gonna end up losing my job.

He's a joker. And honestly, I don't mind it. We can't listen to music so they clown around on the job a bit to pass time. But he gets to the point to when goof's off (He gets annoying with it and don't know when to let #### go), he stops working and then we start slowing down. I'm continuing my work while he's busy letting #### get piled up. I confront him about it and then he goes on about me trying to tell him how to do his job... WTF!? I don't give a #### how you do your job just do it. And then he goes into this "smartass" mode asking me if he's doing his job right. At that point I had to walk out because I was definately going to hit his ass with one of those battery cells.

The sad part about all of this is is that he got into it with the supervisor's daughter afterwards. Other than that, I had a pretty ####ty day. I'm also coming down with a cold. My throat tingle and itches (Any suggestions on what to eat/drink?)

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1299280080' post='705483']
I'm also coming down with a cold. My throat tingle and itches (Any suggestions on what to eat/drink?)
[/quote]

Lots of water. LOTS of water. Flush it right out of the body. Orange juice (or vitamin C in any form, really) will help too. Also, rest. As much as you can, anyway.

[quote name='Ducky' timestamp='1299288834' post='705485']
Lots of water. LOTS of water. Flush it right out of the body. Orange juice (or vitamin C in any form, really) will help too. Also, rest. As much as you can, anyway.
[/quote]
Thanks, although resting might not be possible. Then again all I really do is go to work, come in, play a game for a little bit and then sleep so that might not be as much of an issue as I thought.

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1299313985' post='705489']
Thanks, although resting might not be possible. Then again all I really do is go to work, come in, play a game for a little bit and then sleep so that might not be as much of an issue as I thought.
[/quote]

Next to the water (and I'm sure you're allowed to take a bottle to work.) you should also try to drink some warm drinks, especially tea, whereas it doesn't matter which tea, really, but herbs usually are the best.
In addition to that you should eat a lot of hot soup, preferably chicken, trust me it works.

[quote name='Felix the Cat' timestamp='1299314483' post='705490']
Next to the water (and I'm sure you're allowed to take a bottle to work.) you should also try to drink some warm drinks, especially tea, whereas it doesn't matter which tea, really, but herbs usually are the best.
In addition to that you should eat a lot of hot soup, preferably chicken, trust me it works.
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"]I also find that milk exacerbates it so stay away from dairy if you can because whenever I have tea with milk or just milk or whatever my throat gets ridiculously sore. Eat oranges![/font]

[quote name='OMNOMNOMALY' timestamp='1299341983' post='705493']
[font="Garamond"]I also find that milk exacerbates it so stay away from dairy if you can because whenever I have tea with milk or just milk or whatever my throat gets ridiculously sore. Eat oranges![/font]
[/quote]

If you have a sore throat drinking milk or eating yogurt or other milk products (hard cheese is ok) is the worst thing you can do, miss. Just so you know.

[quote name='OMNOMNOMALY' timestamp='1299341983' post='705493']
[/quote]
[color="#2E8B57"]But Oranges are acidic! Ounce for ounce, strawberries have more vitamin C than oranges! and won't give you acid reflux.
[/color]

[quote name='Felix the Cat' timestamp='1299352573' post='705497']
If you have a sore throat drinking milk or eating yogurt or other milk products (hard cheese is ok) is the worst thing you can do, miss. Just so you know.
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"]

Oh I do know, I learned that one quickly. NEVER AGAIN.

But Mollyyyyyyyyyy, oranges are delicious (and cheaper... and slightly more in season)! And I've never had acid reflux. I drank a whole 2L carton of orange juice a few weeks ago when I thought I was getting sick and it was also gloriously orangey.[/font]

[font="Tahoma"]Sunny D /= Orange Juice but I always drink it when I'm sick. That and 7Up.

Also, I worked through a really steady/busy day at work. Got invited to a few parties and I turned them down. Ordered pizza and a 2L soda. Party of one!! :suave: [/font]

That sore throat developed into more of a chest cold now. >_> Just what I need. I haven't had the coughs in God knows how long. All the times I'd catch a cold it was mainly nose conjestion, ear clogs, and the sniffles.

I always drink Vernors when I'm sick. I've been told it does something.... That and Canada Dry. Edited by Magus

[quote name='AvalonAngel' timestamp='1299359136' post='705502']
[font="Tahoma"]Sunny D /= Orange Juice but I always drink it when I'm sick. That and 7Up.

Also, I worked through a really steady/busy day at work. Got invited to a few parties and I turned them down. Ordered pizza and a 2L soda. Party of one!! :suave: [/font]
[/quote]
[font="Garamond"]Damnit dude, now I want pizza. Yooooooooooooooooooou suck. Half the world away and you are destroying my diet willpower. Not that it takes much, apparently.[/font]

[quote name='OMNOMNOMALY' timestamp='1299361197' post='705506']
[font="Garamond"]Damnit dude, now I want pizza. Yooooooooooooooooooou suck. Half the world away and you are destroying my diet willpower. Not that it takes much, apparently.[/font]
[/quote]

Diets suck. I started mine yesterday and it bites. Damn you Sakura con and your cosplay. I have to try to fit in pleather by con time. D: The vanilla coke in the kitchen is Soooo tempting.

My local GameStop opens at 9 a.m. for the release of the Pokemon Black and White games. In a radical attemp to wake up early for this release, I went to sleep at 5 p.m. or so. It's 1:43 a.m. and I've just woken up and feel very silly since I can't seem to go back to sleep.

[quote name='OMNOMNOMALY' timestamp='1299361197' post='705506']
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"]I have leftovers ;D[/font]

[quote name='Felix the Cat' timestamp='1299526358' post='705528']
It means the exact same thing, only on the other polar opposite, which doesn't make sense but 'cause it's Pokemon it does!
[/quote]

Your face doesn't make sense.