OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

i'm staying away from the pony crazy people, also my mind is strong so good luck trying to get me to like/watch my little pony :P

on another note, never run for the majority of a 10 or 14 [s](i can't remember how long it was)[/s] kilometer event, your body will hate you after it.

[color="#000080"][font="Comic Sans MS"]That pic is great. lol

So on the subject of food, I hate when my stomach decides to be picky and not want anything that I have on stock. No, it wants stuff that I would have to drive 10 minutes to Walmart to get...what a pain.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1301253294' post='705997']
[center][img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Allamorph/Misc/lolz/excuse_me.jpg[/img]
[/center]
[/quote]

[img]http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4767/reactionn.jpg[/img]

[font="Garamond"]hey look at me everybody, I can do that too![/font]

[quote name='OMNOMNOMALY' timestamp='1301287908' post='706006']
[img]http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4767/reactionn.jpg[/img]

[font="Garamond"]hey look at me everybody, I can do that too![/font]
[/quote]
[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Why did I have to check OB before I went to bed? Now I'm going to have nightmares about that face...[/font][/size][/color]

[b]So what meme is that Pokémon picture related to? I don't recognize it.

That second picture though...Yeah I won't be sleeping either. D:

I would post one like it but:

A) It's another nightmare face

B) It's a major spoiler for most people on OB.[/b] Edited by Lilt

[quote name='Lilt' timestamp='1301289603' post='706008']
[b]So what meme is that Pokémon picture related to? I don't recognize it.

That second picture though...Yeah I won't be sleeping either. D:

I would post one like it but:

A) It's another nightmare face

B) It's a major spoiler for most people on OB.[/b]
[/quote]

[url="http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fck-yea"]Warning, NSFW[/url]

[url="http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/10/teennick-goes-retro-with-90s-programming-exclusive/"]http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/10/teennick-goes-retro-with-90s-programming-exclusive/[/url]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]...Yes.

[b][size="5"]YES.[/size][/b]

Though the time worries me. :/ Although is that EST? If it's EST, then it won't be so bad CST...[/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1301330287' post='706022']
[url="http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/10/teennick-goes-retro-with-90s-programming-exclusive/"]http://insidetv.ew.c...ming-exclusive/[/url]

[color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]...Yes.

[b][size="5"]YES.[/size][/b]

Though the time worries me. :/ Although is that EST? If it's EST, then it won't be so bad CST...[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I second your [/font][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][size="6"]YES[size="2"], but also throw in a [size="6"]DAMMIT[size="2"]. Midnight to 2AM? I... I can't stay up that late. I have to work! ;A;

*assumes the fetal position* [/size][/size][/size] [/size][/font]

[quote name='Midget Ninja' timestamp='1301310213' post='706013']
[quote name='Hummy' timestamp='1301299423' post='706011']
[color="#4169E1"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]It's like a disease, Chee. :p I'm not a fan myself but I know plenty of people who are.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

yeah, though that disease will never reach me for i am immune :D
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]You know, all joking aside, guys, I appreciate differing opinions and all. I know not everyone's gonna like what I like, and I think that's fine, because a world full of me would be boring and creepy. At the same time, though, I do think it's a shame when someone just up and decides that they refuse to give a decent work of fiction a chance. And I know you don't mean it that way, but look at it from the creator's perspective. You spend years toiling and laboring over this one project of yours in the hope that folks will enjoy it, and people just ignore it as soon as they see the pink horse on the cover. Seems a little unfair, don'tcha think? Just something to ponder.

[spoiler]I'm allowed to talk because I actually did suffer through the first [i]Twilight[/i] movie.[/spoiler][/font]

[quote name='The Professor'][font="Comic Sans MS"]You know, all joking aside, guys, I appreciate differing opinions and all. I know not everyone's gonna like what I like, and I think that's fine, because a world full of me would be boring and creepy. At the same time, though, I do think it's a shame when someone just up and decides that they refuse to give a decent work of fiction a chance. And I know you don't mean it that way, but look at it from the creator's perspective. You spend years toiling and laboring over this one project of yours in the hope that folks will enjoy it, and people just ignore it as soon as they see the pink horse on the cover. Seems a little unfair, don'tcha think? Just something to ponder.

[spoiler]I'm allowed to talk because I actually did suffer through the first [i]Twilight[/i] movie.[/spoiler][/font][/quote]
[font="Calibri"]While this is true, I'm fairly certain attempting (poorly) to guilt-trip people into either testing out said item or shutting up about not liking it is both the complete [i]wrong[/i] way to get them interested in the series and entirely disingenuous since it's patently obvious that anyone who likes it is incapable of shutting up about it for long enough for anyone else to bear getting into it.

[spoiler]And I can also talk because I sat through Rozen Maiden completely of my own volition, and not because some butthurt dude gave me a holier-than-thou speech about how I should be fair and watch it regardless of the Victorian twelve year old on the cover.[/font][font="Calibri"][/spoiler][/font]
[font="Calibri"]

Shin: Wouldn't have happened if he had balls of steel.[/font] Edited by Allamorph

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]While I can see how "not shutting up about it" can be annoying [I could make a list of what all I've had to put up with, but I won't], I don't think countering it with OH I WILL NEVER WATCH THE SHOW EVER is any more fair. I don't really understand why people feel the need to carry around Hype Aversion like it's some sort of badge of honor.

Also I did make a thread to contain the spazzing, and that's only been working so much. So you can't fault us for not at least trying.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1301351982' post='706028']
[font="Calibri"]While this is true, I'm fairly certain attempting (poorly) to guilt-trip people into either testing out said item or shutting up about not liking it is both the complete [i]wrong[/i] way to get them interested in the series and entirely disingenuous since it's patently obvious that anyone who likes it is incapable of shutting up about it for long enough for anyone else to bear getting into it.[/font]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I'm not trying to guilt-trip anyone. If you don't want to watch the show, I don't care. I just find it a little rude to act like not wanting to give this thing a chance somehow makes you better than those who have watched it and liked it.

And I recently have been trying to tone down the level of my hype in places not specifically meant for it. I tend to become a bit over-enthusiastic for a while after newly becoming a fan of something, but typically it dies down after the first week or so. As far as I can tell, this is actually pretty common, but I'll go ahead and apologize for the early-stage fanboying of late.[/font]

[quote name='Sangome'][color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]While I can see how "not shutting up about it" can be annoying [I could make a list of what all I've had to put up with, but I won't], I don't think countering it with OH I WILL NEVER WATCH THE SHOW EVER is any more fair. I don't really understand why people feel the need to carry around Hype Aversion like it's some sort of badge of honor.[/font][/color][/quote]
[font="Calibri"]Honestly, neither do I. (Although in all probability it's less "I don't want to watch this because it has to be drivel" and more "I don't want to end up like these guys".) And [i]to[/i] be fair, I [i]have[/i] sampled the fare and decided I did not wish to partake at this time. My decision has nothing to do with the current tizzy and everything to do with I'm more interested in researching fictional stuff at present.[/font]

[quote name='Sangome'][color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Also I did make a thread to contain the spazzing, and that's only been working so much. So you can't fault us for not at least trying.[/font][/color][/quote]
[font="Calibri"]I had hoped I made it clear that I was faulting the one particular post. =P

I really don't care what people like or don't like. What I can't stand are blatant guilt trips. I find them tactless and futile (and I see enough of them handed out wholesale by my mother, lovely-person-that-she-is notwithstanding) and they inspire more aversion in me than most forms of general stupidity. Thus my reaction.

[/font][quote name='The Professor'][font="Comic Sans MS"]I just find it a little rude to act like not wanting to give this thing a chance somehow makes you better than those who have watched it and liked it.[/font][/quote]
[font="Calibri"]I refer you to my recent post about stupid people and dealing with them.[/font] Edited by Allamorph

[font="Tahoma"]Whoa all this argument about Ponies? Seriously folks. It's just ponies.

I can certainly give the show a chance, but I have to do so of my own volition. Hype and 50 cents buys you a Coke. And I agree that at least trying something before disavowing it is only fair, I don't have to taste a turd to know that it tastes bad right? At the same time, telling people to stop griping when there is obvious issues to be worked out is also just as mean-spirited.

So, a compromise! You guys have your thread and you're totally free to watch the show and enjoy it and proclaim its awesome. But at the same time, realize people will not like the show and will be your Anti-Spiral.

Anti-Spirals (me included) also need to stop badgering the show or those who enjoy it, over a difference in preference.

Friendship is ******* magic. <3[/font] Edited by AvalonAngel
wait nvm, crap

Wow. Big ol' mish-mash of posts all of the sudden.

Sooo... I just quit my little part-time job after a few unreasonable requests in a row, and now I'm trying to find a place locally that will employ me. I'm thinking a pet store of some sort. Perhaps a Home Depot or WalMart. Heck, the grocery store down the road might be hiring, I guess. Being unemployed sucks.

[color="#4169E1"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Uh... just one thing really though I know you all have gotten past the seriousness here... I never said I didn't like it and I was mainly teasing Chee, nothing more. o_O I didn't expect anyone to take me seriously, especially since that's the first time I've even commented on said show other than to indicate I wasn't really interested in watching it [spoiler]and at the time I was very clear that I wasn't hating on it[/spoiler] but that was in chat, and I'm now done.

On a more light hearted note I totally want a Hummy Plushie. ._.[/font][/color] Edited by Hummy