OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1301353902' post='706031']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]And I recently have been trying to tone down the level of my hype in places not specifically meant for it. I tend to become a bit over-enthusiastic for a while after newly becoming a fan of something, but typically it dies down after the first week or so. As far as I can tell, this is actually pretty common, but I'll go ahead and apologize for the early-stage fanboying of late.[/font]
[/quote]

[b]I can't tell you how much I do this actually. It's only the few shows/games/whatever that I really like that I continue to fangirl over and tell everyone about it.

My rule is, if it hasn't died down the first week or so and it's still going, I put it into my favorites and start telling people about it.[/b] Edited by Lilt

My rule is never talk about stuff I like unless asked!

Nobody agrees with you 100% so in order to stay unconfrontational its best to keep that stuff to yourself.
For example you will almost never talk with people regarding my political or religious views.

[quote name='OMNOMNOMALY'][font="Garamond"]You know what they say, guys,[/font]

[img]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3262/1300254931441.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[center][IMG]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Allamorph/Misc/lolz/wehazpotaytoez.jpg[/IMG]
[/center]

[quote name='cAnZ']My rule is never talk about stuff I like unless asked![/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]You're a damn liar. =P[/FONT]

[quote name='cAnZ']Nobody agrees with you 100% so in order to stay unconfrontational its best to keep that stuff to yourself.[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]....actually, no it isn't best. Just safest.[/FONT]

[quote name='cAnZ']For example you will almost never talk with people regarding my political or religious views.[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]You're right here, though. I usually use my own.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1301402358' post='706063']
[center][IMG]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Allamorph/Misc/lolz/wehazpotaytoez.jpg[/IMG]
[/center]

[/quote]

[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b44/StaticAnonymity/1238911992443.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1301402358' post='706063']
[center]
[/center][font="Calibri"]You're a damn liar. =P[/font]
[font="Calibri"]....actually, no it isn't best. Just safest.[/font]
[font="Calibri"]You're right here, though. I usually use my own.[/font]
[/quote]
I might not follow my rule all the time, such as when I am on the internet with people I probably will never meet... but for the people who I spend the most time with (family and friends) I usually stick to that rule like Gorilla glue. None of my family knows my religious beliefs, political views, or morality issues, save for my best friend.

Best wasn't the... well... best choice of adjective, but to stay unconfrontational like I said, the only thing that I can think of better is to constantly agree with whoever is talking to you at the time, but I try not to intentionally lie to my family and friends.

Me not telling people about my views doesn't mean I don't have any.

[quote name='Ducky' timestamp='1301362664' post='706041']
Not nearly as much as working full time. ._.

*pie'd*
[/quote]
Overtime (in my case is 10 hours a week plus Saturday and Sunday but right now I'm back on the regular 8 hrs) is just as bad especially when production is down/slow because we usually have to find something to do until we are back up and running (and I'm not trained in some of the other stuff yet). But for the most part full time's not bad unless you have something to do.

[quote name='cAnZ' timestamp='1301427449' post='706065']Best wasn't the... well... best choice of adjective, but to stay unconfrontational like I said, the only thing that I can think of better is to constantly agree with whoever is talking to you at the time, but I try not to intentionally lie to my family and friends.

Me not telling people about my views doesn't mean I don't have any.
[/quote]
I'd rather not agree with people because you can be agreeing with some stupid crap and at the same time that's how the "he/she said" crap starts. I prefer to remain quiet.

The don't ask don't tell policy have always worked for me. You will never catch me telling things about myself unless I wanted you to know. This applies both online and off. Edited by Magus

[quote name='cAnZ']Best wasn't the... well... best choice of adjective, but to stay unconfrontational like I said, the only thing that I can think of better is to constantly agree with whoever is talking to you at the time, but I try not to intentionally lie to my family and friends.[/quote]
â??

[quote name='Magus']I'd rather not agree with people because you can be agreeing with some stupid crap and at the same time that's how the "he/she said" crap starts. I prefer to remain quiet.[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]Exactly.

A point a fair number of people either miss, fail to grasp, or were never informed of is that agreement and disagreement are not the only options you have. There also, disagreement and conflict do not always go hand in hand, and if you openly disagree with someone while remaining genial and open, it's then their choice to get angry or notâ??and that will showcase their maturity.

Staying "nonconfrontational" is a much better choice than looking to pick a fight about every viewpoint someone else has that differs from your own. I know several people who [i]do[/i] seek out these arguments, and it quickly becomes a trial to even see them approaching. However, as you go through your life, you [i]will inevitably[/i] tick someone off. It won't matter if you're trying or not, in the long run; some people love arguments, and some people are cantankerous jackasses who refuse to see anything positive ever at all.

I'm not saying conflicts are good. Sometimes, though, they [i]are[/i] necessary.[/FONT]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110329/ts_yblog_thelookout/fbi-asks-public-for-help-breaking-encrypted-notes-tied-to-1999-murder"]Is it bad that I kinda wanna try to figure this out?[/url][/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1301439775' post='706074']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110329/ts_yblog_thelookout/fbi-asks-public-for-help-breaking-encrypted-notes-tied-to-1999-murder"]Is it bad that I kinda wanna try to figure this out?[/url][/font][/color]
[/quote]
Is it bad that I laughed at the comment that read "That's easy... it says: "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine".... nailed it!" I'd end that with a question mark, but I have no idea if that will make grammatical sense or not.

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Speaking of confrontation and conflict, I just have one thing to say: the sooner LOLcats and its ilk disappears, the better. There's only so long that the combination of cats and deliberately stupid misspellings can actually be funny (and whether or not it was genuinely funny in the first place is pretty debatable).

As far as Internet memes go, I think it has to be one of the lamest.

Now, possibly this could use its own topic, but I figure I'll ask right here - do you guys have a [i]least[/i] favourite Internet meme? I mean, something that became popular and every time you saw it, you cringed. I think there may be a lot of people who felt this way about the whole rickrolling phenomenon as well (although I was pretty indifferent to that, myself).[/font]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1301441955' post='706077']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Speaking of confrontation and conflict, I just have one thing to say: the sooner LOLcats and its ilk disappears, the better. There's only so long that the combination of cats and deliberately stupid misspellings can actually be funny (and whether or not it was genuinely funny in the first place is pretty debatable).

As far as Internet memes go, I think it has to be one of the lamest.[/font]
[/quote]Word.

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Now, possibly this could use its own topic, but I figure I'll ask right here - do you guys have a [i]least[/i] favourite Internet meme? I mean, something that became popular and every time you saw it, you cringed. I think there may be a lot of people who felt this way about the whole rickrolling phenomenon as well (although I was pretty indifferent to that, myself).[/font]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]OVER 9000 used to send me into fits of rage. Now I don't really care anymore.

I'm also not wildly fond "SCREW THE RULES I _____________" or whatever, but that's mainly because I've never been fond of that certain abridged series. I've also never liked the SO I HERD U LIEK MUDKIPZ thing, either. But I think that's about it; I usually ignore most of them if they annoy me too much.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1301442466' post='706079']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]OVER 9000 used to send me into fits of rage. Now I don't really care anymore.

I'm also not wildly fond "SCREW THE RULES I _____________" or whatever, but that's mainly because I've never been fond of that certain abridged series. I've also never liked the SO I HERD U LIEK MUDKIPZ thing, either. But I think that's about it; I usually ignore most of them if they annoy me too much.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Was that OVER 9000 thing actually related to something on the Internet? When my posts went over 9000, somebody added that as my title here on OB (without my permission!)

But I had no idea it was related to an actual Internet meme thing. I just thought it was a stupid suggestion from Boo.[/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]OVER 9000 comes from a line delivered in a completely hamtastic and over-the-top fashion in one of the old Dragonball Z dubs.

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik[/media][/center]

I'm not entirely sure how it got so popular [I'm sure a trip to Know Your Meme would enlighten me, but I am lazy right now], but for awhile, it was [i]everywhere[/i].[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='James' timestamp='1301442858' post='706080']
[font="palatino linotype"]I just thought it was a stupid suggestion from Boo.[/font]
[/quote]1. There is no such thing.
2. This time credit goes to Beth, I think. OH NO WAIT HUMMY.

I don't like Courage Wolf, to answer your earlier question.

[quote name='James' timestamp='1301441955' post='706077']Now, possibly this could use its own topic, but I figure I'll ask right here - do you guys have a [i]least[/i] favourite Internet meme? I mean, something that became popular and every time you saw it, you cringed. I think there may be a lot of people who felt this way about the whole rickrolling phenomenon as well (although I was pretty indifferent to that, myself).[/font]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I'm pretty meme-tolerant, but I do tend to get annoyed in most situations where "THE CAKE IS A LIE" comes into play. I'm all for a good [b]Portal[/b] reference, so it was funny the first few times, but it pretty much ended up being overused and abused by people who hadn't ever even played [b]Portal[/b]. So yeah, that one needs to die.

As for a favorite meme, I'm particularly fond of Verbose. Speaking of which, It has come to my attention through trusted third-party sources that many of you here are rather taken with a certain Water-type pocket monster, hereby referred to as "Mudkip".[/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Speaking of memes, I have just received word that the Friday video has been removed from Youtube. I'm not quite sure what to make of that.[/font][/color]

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1301444070' post='706087']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]It has come to my attention through trusted third-party sources that many of you here are rather taken with a certain Water-type pocket monster, hereby referred to as "Mudkip".[/font]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Remind me to kill you later.[/font][/color]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Now, possibly this could use its own topic, but I figure I'll ask right here - do you guys have a [i]least[/i] favourite Internet meme? I mean, something that became popular and every time you saw it, you cringed. I think there may be a lot of people who felt this way about the whole rickrolling phenomenon as well (although I was pretty indifferent to that, myself).[/font]
[/quote]
Chuck Norris jokes. I know someone explained it once before but they're some of the most corniest jokes I've ever heard. I don't know if that's a meme or not though but the internet is pretty much the only place I've seen them at. I think I might've heard a joke mentioned on tv one time. That had me sighing big time.