OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[font="Garamond"]"Y u no ____" guy is probably the most unfunny, overused, terrible meme out there today. It has taken over tumblr and I hate it and it makes me shake my fist angrily at the sky. It spread to facebook in the form of a friend's status and I want to e-slap him so hard.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font="Palatino Linotype"]Speaking of confrontation and conflict, I just have one thing to say: the sooner LOLcats and its ilk disappears, the better.[/quote]

[/font][center][img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Allamorph/Misc/lolz/thbbbpppt.jpg[/img]
[/center]
[quote name='James'][font="Palatino Linotype"]Now, possibly this could use its own topic, but I figure I'll ask right here - do you guys have a [i]least[/i] favourite Internet meme? I mean, something that became popular and every time you saw it, you cringed.[/font][/quote]
[font="Calibri"]The word 'meme'. It has been ripped from its original context and perverted to mean "anything more than one person repeats".

Also the entire concept behind TV Tropes.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font="palatino linotype"]Was that OVER 9000 thing actually related to something on the Internet? When my posts went over 9000, somebody added that as my title here on OB (without my permission!)[/font][/quote]
[font="Calibri"]It doesn't make a bit of difference, [color="DarkRed"]James[/color]. The posts are inert.[/font]

[quote name='Boo']
[quote name='James'][font="palatino linotype"]I just thought it was a stupid suggestion from Boo.[/font][/quote]
1. There is no such thing.[/quote]

[center][img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Allamorph/Misc/lolz/lmaorofl.jpg[/img]
[/center]

[quote name='The Professor'][font="Comic Sans MS"]As for a favorite meme, I'm particularly fond of Verbose. Speaking of which, It has come to my attention through trusted third-party sources that many of you here are rather taken with a certain Water-type pocket monster, hereby referred to as "Mudkip".[/font][/quote]

[center][img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Allamorph/Misc/lolz/stoptalking.jpg[/img]
[/center]
[quote name='Magus']Chuck Norris jokes. I know someone explained it once before but they're some of the most corniest jokes I've ever heard.[/quote]
[font="Calibri"]They're pretty well supposed to be. You're not really supposed to [i]laugh[/i] at them, as much as you're supposed to laugh [i]at[/i] them.

And yeah, the latest Total Gym infomercials use the existence of the Chuck Norris jokes to point out how much of a "celebrity" Chuck Norris is. I laughed for ten minutes the first time I heard it.[/font]

[quote name='Hummy' timestamp='1301453787' post='706092']
[color="#4169E1"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Wait wut? I had administrator powers back in the day and no one told me? ._. Maaaan, so many missed opportunities to wreak havoc! [/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]I think Boo is just throwing anyone under the bus so that he doesn't have to face the consequences. But believe me, he [i]will[/i] face the consequences.

Morphy: I agree about the word "meme". No doubt the label being applied to this phenomenon was coined by the very same person who invented LOLcats.[/font]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1301461224' post='706096']
[font=palatino linotype]I think Boo is just throwing anyone under the bus so that he doesn't have to face the consequences. But believe me, he [i]will[/i] face the consequences.[/font]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Can we film it and put it on Youtube!?[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1301461452' post='706097']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Can we film it and put it on Youtube!?[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Yep. I haven't yet decided what the consequences will be, but I'm sure they will be suitable for YouTube.[/font]

[b]I like any meme that I can laugh at when I first see it. My least favorite meme so far has been anything that is meant to just be shocking. You can't really reference those ones without showing an image.

I wonder what OB's Memes are though? Do we have any?[/b]

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1301437133' post='706071']
I am writing a 5 page paper on a short story that's only 2 pages long. I have a feeling that this might be a little bit ridiculous.
[/quote]

I hate when teachers do that. It's like they're telling you flat out: here! take this paper that you're only going to use 1/3 of as quotes and support and write a paper that's longer than the actual story! It's insane.

[quote name='James' timestamp='1301441955' post='706077']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Speaking of confrontation and conflict, I just have one thing to say: the sooner LOLcats and its ilk disappears, the better. There's only so long that the combination of cats and deliberately stupid misspellings can actually be funny (and whether or not it was genuinely funny in the first place is pretty debatable).

As far as Internet memes go, I think it has to be one of the lamest.
[/font]
[/quote]

Agreed. I only ever go to the site to look at Failblog and similar things.

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1301444070' post='706087']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]It has come to my attention through trusted third-party sources that many of you here are rather taken with a certain Water-type pocket monster, hereby referred to as "Mudkip".[/font]
[/quote]

^ Keeping this forever.

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1301444389' post='706089']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Speaking of memes, I have just received word that the Friday video has been removed from Youtube. I'm not quite sure what to make of that.[/font][/color]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Remind me to kill you later.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

1: o_o I... I'm not sure if that's good or just proof of JUST how pathetic that song really was.

2: That made me giggle snort.

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1301446493' post='706091']
[b]Chuck Norris jokes.[/b]
[/quote]

^

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1301460766' post='706095']
[/font][center][img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Allamorph/Misc/lolz/thbbbpppt.jpg[/img]
[/center]

[font="Calibri"]The word 'meme'. It has been ripped from its original context and perverted to mean "anything more than one person repeats".[/font]
[/quote]

SO MUCH YES. It took me a ridiculous amount of time before I figured out what it meant in reference to the internet. All I could think was, "But... that's not what it USED to mean..." And look at my screen in complete and utter confusion.

[quote name='James' timestamp='1301461224' post='706096']
[font=palatino linotype]
Morphy: I agree about the word "meme". No doubt the label being applied to this phenomenon was coined by the very same person who invented LOLcats.[/font]
[/quote]

I was the person who [b]invented lolcats[/b]. I was the first person in the world to superimpose text onto pictures of cats. I didn't mean for it to take off the way it did, and my originals had no spelling mistakes. ^_~

Using meme however, was not my idea, and I was quite surprised to learn that it had a history before being popularised by trending internet culture.

Justin Bieber is my most hated internet meme. :wow:

[quote name='Stephanie' timestamp='1301467481' post='706104']1: o_o I... I'm not sure if that's good or just proof of JUST how pathetic that song really was.[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Well, I went to look for it now and it turned back up...but for a while yesterday, it didn't turn up in searches. I think maybe the person who uploaded just got tired of hate comments? I dunno. But that's also what disabling comments is for.[/font][/color]

[quote]2: That made me giggle snort.[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Our interactions have that effect on people, I've noticed.[/font][/color]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]My least favorite internet meme has to be "cool story, bro." Only because the children have found out about it and whenever you say anything, it becomes a "cool story, bro" moment.

Also, "Futer" is our OB Meme that was started by the Podcast :3[/font] Edited by AvalonAngel

[quote name='The Professor' timestamp='1301444070' post='706087']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I'm pretty meme-tolerant, but I do tend to get annoyed in most situations where "THE CAKE IS A LIE" comes into play. I'm all for a good [b]Portal[/b] reference, so it was funny the first few times, but it pretty much ended up being overused and abused by people who hadn't ever even played [b]Portal[/b]. So yeah, that one needs to die.[/font]
[/quote]
I must agree with this. Although I'm really one to talk, since I haven't played Portal either... but I've watched LPs of it! So derp. :V

And also the OVER 9000!!!! one. It just gets used way too much; every time something goes over 9000, someone has to say it and just ugh. People don't recognize comedic timing anymore. :T

[quote name='Nony']Although I'm really one to talk, since I haven't played Portal either... but I've watched LPs of it! So derp. :V[/quote]
[font="Calibri"]FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT[/font]

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYc05gZFly0#t=0m1s[/media]

[left][FONT=Calibri]FIX IT FIX IT[/FONT]
[/left][/center]

[quote name='AvalonAngel' timestamp='1301489860' post='706111'][font="Palatino Linotype"]
Also, "Futer" is our OB Meme that was started by the Podcast :3[/font]
[/quote]
Its nice to know I impacted OB in such a positive way.

I usually don't have a problem with memes since like any joke... not everyone is gonna find it funny. Of course there are a few that I don't find funny, like the Mudkips one.... Mostly be cause I did like Mudkips before 4chan trashed their good name.

[color="#556B2F"][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]OKAY SO. Yesterday was awesome. I got to see my brother who I have not seen six years or more. And then we did some activities together, and then I went shopping with my other brother (the one who I am staying with) and went to Best Buy. ._. It's my enemy. I bought part one, two, and three of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Final Fantasy: Dissidia, an awesome $50 mouse and a very nice laptop bag (total is almost $300). And then I went to go see Rango! The movie was alright. Anyways, yeah. Yesterday was awesome and I think I might finally be getting my laptop fixed since my brother has the OS disks I need~ =D

AND OMG 200TH POST![/font][/size][/color] Edited by JeJe

Hey, there. I just woke up and I'm a little tired still. Also, headaches.

It's nice outside. I've got my window open and I'm currently working on a huge painting for my art class, so there's paint everywhere and I have a feeling my hands will one day become discolored forever.

Yep.

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1301722732' post='706192']

It's nice outside. I've got my window open and I'm currently working on a huge painting for my art class, so there's paint everywhere and I have a feeling my hands will one day become discolored forever.

Yep.
[/quote]

That sounds like a calm and rational feeling. Even more calm than rational. Are you alright Chibi?

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1301722732' post='706192']

Yep.
[/quote]
Me, too, on the window open part. The boy is mowing the lawn and it smells yummy. xD

[quote name='Ducky' timestamp='1301789358' post='706215']
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could operate a chainsaw?
[/quote]

On the factual side of things, I've operated chainsaws and they're only good for felling trees, not breaking them into little parts.

[quote name='chibi-master']WARNING: If you eat an entire ham and pineapple pizza by yourself, then run 7 miles on a treadmill, you are going to throw up all over the bathroom.

On an unrelated note, I can honestly say that I hate my English teacher.[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri]What were you doing in your English teacher's bathroom? o O

And why didn't you get out the way?[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1301876784' post='706228']
[FONT=Calibri]What were you doing in your English teacher's bathroom? o O

And why didn't you get out the way?[/FONT]
[/quote]
NO. UNRELATED NOTE. THE TWO COMMENTS ARE NOT CONNECTED. Now I will have nightmares.