OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Lyndy' timestamp='1334282703' post='711453']
My friend who is younger than me is pregnant. This just feels so odd... I don't get why people want to grow up so quickly.
[/quote]
I've still got a little over a year until I get shipped off to college. Needless to say, I am milking this time for everything it's worth.

[font=times new roman, times, serif]The cold April storms, rampaging through the city... They seem to (strangely) compliment the electro I'm [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJlA3Fn868w"]listening to at the moment.[/url] [/font]
[font=times new roman, times, serif]Also very calming to hear the torrents of rain battering against my office roof. I know Summer will be here soon, but can't the malevolent wet weather stay for just a bit longer?[/font]

My moderator [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/45317-blub/"]Resignation[/url]. Very interesting read.

I will especially miss the [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/45318-desbrekos-nude-picture-show/"]Desbreko Nude Picture Show[/url]. :/ Edited by Boo

So I'm working with gamer!dude from work a lot more lately. The conversation starter for the last time we worked together? Condoms.

We got a new shipment in. We threw the old ones out. He was surprised that we didn't try to sell them. And I was like, "So... we would have condoms as the featured item then on the front counter?" (like have displays around them, "FEATURED ITEMS = CONDOMS!")

His reaction was lovely.

[font=times new roman, times, serif]So yesterday, I decided to call my friend (who spends a good majority of his time as a personal trainer) and I told him that I needed to get back into shape for the summer season.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]Yesterday, it felt like he drenched my muscles with gasoline and lit the match.
Today, on top of that it feels like my tendons are hitting Mercury status high notes.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]On the brightside: only five weeks of school left.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]But for now. I'm just glad that he lets me sleep. [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]Two down, sixty three days to go.[/font]

[quote name='Anakoni Stark' timestamp='1334723354' post='711492']
[font=times new roman, times, serif]So yesterday, I decided to call my friend (who spends a good majority of his time as a personal trainer) and I told him that I needed to get back into shape for the summer season.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]Yesterday, it felt like he drenched my muscles with gasoline and lit the match.
Today, on top of that it feels like my tendons are hitting Mercury status high notes.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]On the brightside: only five weeks of school left.[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]But for now. I'm just glad that he lets me sleep. [/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]Two down, sixty three days to go.[/font]
[/quote]

At least it's not hitting Venus status high notes. Venus would melt your skin.

[quote name='Silver Mech' timestamp='1334757396' post='711494']
At least it's not hitting Venus status high notes. Venus would melt your skin.
[/quote]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]I meant [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ"][b][i]this [/i][/b][/url]kind of Mercury...[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]And now the song is going to be stuck in my head all day. -___-'[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]I could probably use this to throw Jeff off his game, I mean if I'm going to suffer, misery loves company doesnt it?[/font]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]While on the tangent of skin melting, pretty sure it would take a lot of listening to Amon Tobin's works. It's just so out there but it's so hypnotisingly good.[/font]

[color=#000000]
I guess I just ruined my chance at doing that summer volunteer program I spent so much time prepping for. I called today to set up an interview time and I got a the answering machine. This is the message I left:[/color]
[color=#000000]
"Hi, my name is [name] and I recently sent in my application for your summer volunteer... For your summer...[/color]
[color=#000000]
[insert long silence as I try to remember the word "program"][/color]
[color=#000000]
"...Ah! Excuse me! For your summer volunteer program! I would like to schedule an interview, so please call me back!"[/color]
[color=#000000]
So. I forgot the word 'program' and left a long silence on the machine. Then I didn't even give them a number to call me back, though they probably wouldn't want to now. HOW DO I FIX THIS?![/color]

[blockquote]

Call them again later and make sure you don't get the answering machine. Be straight about having left a message on there as well. People appreciate honesty, a bit of self-mockery, and an assertive attitude. You'll have all three just by playing these cards well.[/blockquote] Edited by Boo

[quote name='Boo' timestamp='1334881450' post='711508'][blockquote]Call them again later and make sure you don't get the answering machine. Be straight about having left a message on there as well. People appreciate honesty, a bit of self-mockery, and an assertive attitude. You'll have all three just by playing these cards well.[/blockquote]
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff]I second this - there is no better advice in this situation.[/color]

[quote name='Silver Mech' timestamp='1334330248' post='711455']
I read a quote about growing up. It went something like, "we spend our youth trying to grow up, and our adulthood wondering were our childhood went." I didn't get it down right, but that's the basic idea.
[/quote]

[size=3][font=georgia, serif][color=#4b0082]Thats where theres a song made about it right here ([/color][url="http://youtu.be/OPi2s1K_pgU"][color=#4b0082]http://youtu.be/OPi2s1K_pgU[/color][/url][color=#4b0082]). That pretty much describes my daily routine & thoughts. Mmmk thank you. [/color][/font][/size]

[font=times new roman, times, serif]Pulled an all nighter last night, finishing up my mix of that new Perry tune Part Of Me. It worked out so well that I've decided to rebuild it again, I need to get started on my theatre paper though... Running on a Red Bull fauxtail, and it really should get me through this quick paper but it's quite warm in my office so writing a paper will just have to wait until nightfall. In meantime I think hitting the gym while wired on this fauxtail sounds like a pleasant idea.[/font]