OtakuBoards

High School Lunch Food

[color=#9933cc]You know, now that I'm in college, I can hardly remember what the high school food was like. I just remember that we all thought the prices were ridiculous. And that they made a mean, mean buffalo chicken wrap. MAN, that was good.[/color]

At my high school, yes, the food was nasty. Moldy cordon bleu, ground beef that tasted like horse, and all other manner of culinary abominations.

However, please do not blame the lunch ladies. They are probably even more disgruntled than you are. They are doing the best they can with what they are given. If you have a complaint, it would be best to speak to the higher-ups. I would approach the kitchen manager, and if one is not available, call the principal's office or the district office.

Also, it is always best to use courteous tones if you want something done. For example, do not call your lunch ladies "fat and lazy" or else you will probably get something even worse in your lunch than what you already have. ;)

[SIZE="1"]Never really had any issue with the quality of stuff from my old high school, reasonable prices for a reasonable meal. The hygiene of those involved in prep as well seemed typical of the catering industry.[/SIZE]

In high school I used to bring my own lunch. It saved a whole bunch of trouble. We didn't have a cafeteria anyways you ate in one of the class rooms or outside. There was a school store though where you could by food and school supplies. If I forgot a lunch I would get stuff from there. It wasn't to expensive and the food was good. It all came from Costco basically. Muffins, frozen food that could be warmed up in the microwave, juices, green tea, chewy bars and so on.

[quote name='xxxscenekidxxx']is it gross were u go to school? cuz it is here... what about your lunch ladies... they are all fat and lazy and a couple of them are dirty and gross...[/quote]That sounds more like you've been watching too many movies that make fun of lunch and those who serve it, at High School. =P

It's been a while, but for those times I did eat at school, it wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst either. And none of the people working there were fat or lazy. It's the same here at college, only the selection is a lot better.

I tend to bring my own stuff to munch on though. Not because the food is bad, but because in the long run, it's cheaper.

[size=1]I went to lunch in high school last in Year Seven (first year of high school pretty much) and I never went after that.

Either I brought my own food, which was pretty unlikely, or didn't eat. It was the reason I was so thin in high school.

The basic crack was that it was crowded in there and I don't like crowded places. The amount of snotty kids there really annoyed me and I just didn't want to have to mix with people I [i]didn't[/i] like outside a classroom. I spent my lunch with tons of my friend's messing around in my geography teacher's room.[/size]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I usually took my own food because of the cost, but what they served wasn't all that bad. The few times I had it, the food was fine. They kept the place pretty clean too. I don't recall ever seeing one of the workers there being lazy or any of the things mentioned. If anything, most of them were constantly busy in order to keep up with the amount of people there. The services at the college I go to are fine as well. I don't use them a lot though. [/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]The food was fine at my school. They had pizza, fries, salads, other junk food, and healthy food. I only ate lunch two out of the four years there though because I went to a vocational school half way through the day during my junior and senior year. Those last years I usually brought my lunch because I was trying to eat healthier.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Actually I'm at high school right now. I have no complaints... except.. well.... the bread is disgusting. And I wouldn't really know much more than that because I usually bring last night's dinner to school to eat (it's so much better) and I don't buy anything except for icecreams or MOCHAS. Ah, my world would not function well if I was not able to go high on caffeine during math! It's my saviour!

I guess I could say, hey, Australian canteens aren't THAT bad :)

I remember food in my old high school as being pretty decent, nothing to get excited about, but it was eatible. The one thing that did make me mad about it was when I hit my junior year (grade 11) they began purchasing a more economic friendly brand of chicken which was full of Grissle and other unidentifiable nasties.

I went back just a few weeks ago to have lunch with my sister since her senior year is drawing to a close and it was my last chance to embarass the living hell out of her. I did have to say since the levy passed a few years ago the food has gone from decent to actually enjoyable. Heck I'd make it a daily destination if it were possible.

[color="darkgreen"] Are food wasn't bad at all, especially the meatball sub. That was a great sub sandwich, also the sweet and sour chicken rice was really good, High school food wasn't to bad at all.[/color]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Our school food isn't completely horrible, but for the most part it's not that great. For the most part I just buy chips and Little Debbie?s, but sometimes I'll have a salad. One thing our school makes that's amazing in the croissants. I always buy one. Something about that yellow cheese caressing the flaky bread... it's amazing.

Our school has breakfast too, which is pretty good. The toast is covered with butter and the crust is nice and soft. It's better when you add cinnamon too.[/FONT]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] People complain about quality of high school/college food too much.[/font][/QUOTE]
[color=#9933cc]Agreed. People always complain about the food at my college, when in fact, it's better than most (if not all) of the other major four year colleges in my state. There's always hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, or if you want something healthy, a salad bar or a sandwich bar, a waffle maker, and if you don't like any of that, we have twenty-nine different cereals, and whole, skim, 2%, chocolate, soy, and lactaid milk to choose from. So it bugs me when everyone at my school says there's nothing to eat (of course, I've been guilty of saying that, occasionally). You just have to be creative![/color]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="1"]My dad is a lunch lady. Lunch man? Anyway, he tells me they actually work pretty hard to prepare the food for the students.

Maybe you should try being a bit grateful instead of finding things to complain about. It's really discouraging that you judge them by their appearance anyway.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT="Arial"]I remember the food as being fine. Not the best, but still fine. Obviously some things were better than others, but overall it was pretty decent. The people running it kept the place pretty clean as well, I don't recall it ever being nasty or disgusting. I may have rarely eaten the food, but I still made use of the tables provided to eat what I brought with me.[/FONT]

[quote name='taperson'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="1"]Anyway, he tells me they actually work pretty hard to prepare the food for the students.

Maybe you should try being a bit grateful instead of finding things to complain about. It's really discouraging that you judge them by their appearance anyway.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[color=#9933cc]There's always going to be impolite people, but I'd say that half or more than half of the kids at my college are polite to the workers in the dining hall. Those are the ones who take the time to say "Hello, how are you?" to the ladies who swipe your ID card (Ms. Ann and Maria (at my school), and they say "thank you" to the food servers, and chat with the breakfast guy making eggs.

And anyone who judges them based on their work uniform (half of which is intended for sanitary purposes) is a jerk.[/color]

[color=deeppink]I almost always took my lunch with me. The only time I really didn't was 7th grade, when the snack room was still open. I'd walk in there and gets chips, a candy bar, and a soda.

I don't know how I'm still alive.[/color]

[quote name='taperson']
[SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue]Maybe you should try being a bit grateful instead of finding things to complain about. It's really discouraging that you judge them by their appearance anyway.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

We're all guilty of that from time to time, though if we're lucky we grow out of it or we make it a one time mistake. I'll admit I've been quick to judge when it wasn't, and when I was younger I probably did it more then I remember.

But as a dissapointingly small number of people do I grew out of it, and realized how I was acting. I'm just glad it happened before I got to high school.

• 7 months later...
I normally pack my lunch, but when I did buy it, becuase 1) I forgot to pack one or 2) iwanted to see why everyone complained about it. It wasn't bad, not 5 star either, but it was food and it had flavor, the only problem I have is some of the food had gone wrong, but it is only a small percent of the food, and different things, like chicken or the rolls, looked or tasted different, but were fine. Really, I see no reason to complain, though your school may be/ might have been different.

[quote name='xxxscenekidxxx']is it gross were u go to school? cuz it is here... what about your lunch ladies... they are all fat and lazy and a couple of them are dirty and gross...[/QUOTE][font=helvetica]I hope they spit in your food.[/font]

[quote name='Sara'][font=helvetica]I hope they spit in your food.[/font][/QUOTE]

I'd like to say that was a bit harsh, but... I agree...

The food at my high school is fine, and peoples' looks have nothing to do with it. I still don't eat the food, but I rarely ever eat lunch at all nowadays.

Three most important meals of the day:
Breakfast (I don't eat.)
Lunch (I rarely eat.)
Dinner (I do eat)

I get plenty of food at night. No need to worry about the cafeteria food.