OtakuBoards

Villains You Just Can't Help But Like

Gavin

[quote name='Rune']I do believe you are thinking of Hidan.

~~~

As for myself, I don't really watch a lot of anime, however...

Afro Samurai's "Kuma" Jinnosuke is the only one I can think of at the moment, just for the sheer novelty of a dual-sword-wielding bear of DOOM. He's also got some serious skills and, when he comes on, I know Afro's got a serious fight on his hands.

Good stuff.

~~~

The following didn't make the cut due to technicalities :<

The Dark Adonis, from Disgaea, makes an entrance here (although more in the game than in the anime). Always been a fan of him and his underappreciated ways make me chuckle. A shame I don't like his anime counterpart.

I also have a certain fondness from Marik from Yu-Gi-Oh. Not for anything he's done as a character, himself, but that it's thanks to him that [B][U][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOf_ce1ak4w"]this[/URL][/U][/B] video came about. I can't help but smile (thinking of the video!) if I ever see him appear. Can't take 'im seriously at all anymore. Fear the tongue! 8D[/quote]

Thanks i could never remember his name for some odd reason...

I think the thing I look for in a true "bad guy" is a differant point of view (it can be crazy in Hiden's case or just differant perpective) I think the best example of a bad guy with a differant point of view is Magneto from X-Men. He believes that mutation is the next step in evolution and that mutants should dominate the world. (If anyone out there gets a chance to read The House of M great series all about what would have happened if Magneto had won against the X-Men)

• 2 months later...
Knives and Legato from Trigun were always some of my favorites. The were just so psychotic and good at waht they did.
The Sins from FMA were amazing too. I love Lust. Probably was my favorite sin in that series.
Then there's Light from Death Note. He is amazing. I loved his character, and I believed that he was trying to do othe right thing at first. As you see him decline into someone who has no feelings for others and only knows how to use and abuse people, espeically women, you begin to ojust feel pity for him. At least I did. I just love Light. =]

Coyote Starkk is my favorite villan. Hes very calm and collected but a serious threat to one's life. [spoiler]Its a shame that Kubo made him look like a wimp against Kyoraku.[/spoiler] Oh well, hes so strong and can shoot ceros without doing anything....that makes him look even cooler,

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Please utilize spoiler tags in the future. As Magus said below, not everybody knows about the events in question if they're watching the anime or reading the manga. ~ Vivian[/font][/color] Edited by Vivian

[quote name='Humaru' date='25 June 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1277440218' post='695964']
Coyote Starkk is my favorite villan. [spoiler]Hes very calm and collected but a serious threat to one's life. Its a shame that Kubo made him look like a wimp against Kyoraku.[/spoiler] Oh well, hes so strong and can shoot ceros without doing anything....that makes him look even cooler,
[/quote]

Spoilers... not everyone knows about that stuff lol.

I agree with Elk though, Lust from FMA was my favorite of the bunch. [spoiler]I still don't know whether I should be happy, mad or sad that Mustang did her in[/spoiler].

I'll try to think of some more soon. Edited by Vivian
covering up Humaru's spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Shinmaru' date='23 September 2009 - 12:48 AM' timestamp='1253684906' post='684553']
Anyway, uh, sort of along the same lines as Dilandau, I like Ladd Russo from [b]Baccano![/b] The main draw with him is just that he is so [i]gleeful[/i] about doing what he does best -- killing people. He is always so loud and boisterous when murdering someone. Totally horrible, reprehensible guy -- even among the killers and thieves of the [b]Baccano![/b] cast -- and yet I get a big grin on my face from watching him do his work. Russo just loves his work so much. Don't you wish you could be that happy going to the office every day?
[/quote]

[color="#2E8B57"]Lemons, I LOVE Ladd Russo for the exact reasons you mentioned. That and while being completely simple, he still seems to put a lot of thought into things. In the opposite vein, I love Graham Spektor too simply because he is so loquacious and philosophical and then his abrupt [spoiler] stop to all things in the nefarious plan when Clair shows him up is amusing[/spoiler] [/color]

[img]http://www.trigunmaximummillionskniv.zoomshare.com/files/Trigun_Wallpaper_Legato_II_by_Vamore.jpeg[/img] He was just so messed up in the head, and was so totally cool.(Legato.) Edited by Botar

Though she's more of an antagonist (for a bit) than an outright villain, I'd have to say Roberta from [i]Black Lagoon[/i]. Why wouldn't I like a maid who can clean up in more ways than one? (I can' remember what song this is from, but I'm reminded of a line: "Six million ways to die; choose one".) I have no idea how she appears in the new OVA ([i]Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail[/i]), but I suspect she still has her mean streak, perhaps, rivaled only by the Great Revy Herself.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/rafadoser/snapshot20060526082253.jpg[/img]
if you wanted to know the origins of my name... its this guy.
Quinze was the worst leader i have ever seen... he gives his comand up to not only the main protagonist, but also a girl that was a prisoner. he also started the operation that failed so bad that it messed up in his later operation... and even the one after that.

he is also quite hideous... just to top it off. look at that old man mullet. Gundam Wing is still my favorite anime... but this character stands out as the only bad one in the series... which is why i love him so. Edited by CaNz

• 2 weeks later...
[center][img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/stickman_2050/DBZ_Ginyu-Force.jpg[/img][/center]

[color=indigo]Really? No one mentioned the most elite team of villains ever assembled under one banner? Yes, I'm talking about the Ginyu Force, the greatest group of evil doers that ever graced an anime. Honestly, their cheese factor alone makes them some of the most memorable baddies out there.
[/color]

Can't say I'm fan of the Ginyu Force. I'm not into the cheesiness. All the posing..... I chuckled back then because of my brother's reaction but seeing it now is just way too corny. Edited by Magus

i think its my fault... i started by posting the wor(be)st villan i could think of... but not everyone likes villans because they are cool, inteligent, powerful... or well writen at all...
case and point.. Team Rocket...

[color="#696969"][font="Tahoma"]There are a few villains that stand out for me (most of which have been mentioned) like [b]Vegeta[/b] and [b]Team Rocket[/b]. But one villain who I especially liked was [b]Ryuk[/b] from Death Note.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6SchU8D-e1s/Sq9nz6-6deI/AAAAAAAAOP0/n5mJofSLoO8/s400/Death+Note+-+Ryuk+028.jpg[/img]

His love for apples and lack of interest in anything else it what makes him so awesome. That and he looks totally badass.[/font][/color]

I'm casting my vote for [b]Papillion from Buso Renkin[/b].  He turned out to be more of an anti-hero than an actual villain but no matter which side he was on I just felt like cheering him on because of his stubborn refusal to give up on either himself or Kazuki.  No matter how bad their situations were or what kind of odds he was up again Papillion always rose to the occasion and came up with a brilliant plan to turn things around.

Not only that but the dude had style.  His choice in clothing was questionable at best but Pappy totally pulled it off.  He was so charismatic and upbeat you couldn't help but like the guy. 

White, is Ryuk really a villain? I never considered him a villain because he was neither with or against Light. If anything I considered him to be more of a neutral character.

Anyway...

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3443/3972290421_fb6d7d9bd0.jpg[/IMG]
Hisoka - Hunter x Hunter

Ruthless and honorable (in his own twisted fashion I guess lol).

• 1 month later...
[attachment=14888:GETAWAYNOW.jpg]
This crazy ****** right here.

I love [b]Teen Titans[/b], and this guy just made it all the better. If you don't already know, his name is Slade. Every time he was in an episode, I got an adrenaline rush that usually made me scoot back a few feet without realizing it. He was witty, cold, calculating, classy, and...evil. Just [i]evil[/i]. He's scary as all get out and that's what made him so awesome. He's a villain who did his job pretty damn well. If he showed up in my town tomorrow wanting to destroy it with some evil scheme, you can bet I'd be one of the first to fearfully surrender.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[quote name='eleanor' date='05 April 2010 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1270512226' post='692576']
[font=trebuchet ms] After watching Yugioh The Abridged Series, all the villians from Yugioh.[/font]
[/quote]
Indeed. I just like Pegasus 'cuz he was so fruity xD
and Kaiba's cool even though he can be a jerk XD.
and yes! everyone's epic in YGO: TAS

anyway, Mr.Gauss from MegaMan NT Warrior/ RockMan EXE
he was just weird and funny. come on, how can you not be amused
by a guy who dresses up as a woman and plays an organ while laughing evilly?!
not only that, but he used a ridiculous costume party as a scheme cover up.
how insane is that? and that anime gets much weirder than that later XD.