OtakuBoards

Villains You Just Can't Help But Like

Gavin

[quote name='Inuyasha Fandom' date='19 July 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1279601505' post='697484']
I <3 Harley Quinn..... I mean come on, she's just awesome!
[/quote]

[quote name='Inuyasha Fandom' date='21 November 2010 - 11:47 AM' timestamp='1290368863' post='702018']
It may not be anime, but my fave villian has to be Harley Quinn. I mean come on, she's the delightful beach bunny dominatrix.

[/quote]

i thought i was experiencing deja vu

also, i would like to add Ali Al-Saachez[attachment=14936:20080421.jpg]
He may be kinda strait forward, and he deteriorates in the second season, but the guy is pure vicious.

• 3 weeks later...
I can't believe I never thought to add this guy to the list:

[img]http://www.nautiljon.com/images/perso/0/2/8/chouji_suitengu_820.jpg[/img]

Suitengu from [b]Speed Grapher[/b] is one of my all-time favorite anti-villains.  He spent nearly all of the series being a total douchebag that I couldn't help but dislike him.  He came off as the typical filthy-rich power-mongering criminal mastermind.  But slowly I was given bits and pieces of his backstory until I had a grudging respect for the guy.  It wasn't until the very end that I learned what it was he was really trying to do and then I realized what a total badass he was.  

Hmm. Likeable villains.

Truthfully I've always liked Itachi but he turned out not to be a villain in the end.

Also I like Ulquiorra. He is a villain but of the cool kind. As in, he's got some honour and a lot of style. A bit "The Godfather"-ish.

I sadly watch a lot of anime where you can't quite make out who is a villain and who is not such as Baccano or Black Lagoon and also a lot that do without one (Lucky Star, etc. etc. mostly comedies) so yah.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if it counts, but I'm particularly fond of the "antagonists" of Hayao Miyazaki's work. He says that in his stories none of the characters are [i]evil[/i], they're just misguided or something of the sort. My particular favorite example of this is the pirate gang from [b]Castle In The Sky[/b]. They're villains for a good portion and it's hilarious to have an old mother run a pirate crew filled with her complaining, whining sons. I mean, the comic relief is just too much. He seems to use pirates as the enemy a lot, particularly sky pirates are you can once again find in [b]Porco Rosso[/b] (another good example of villains I enjoy). I think I'm fond of villains who have humorous qualities and a deeper backstory than "I just want to blow the world up." Villains tend to have more to them than heroes anyway.

And on a side note, Disney-wise Gaston kicks all villain ass.

My favorite villains would have to be Kadaj from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and Genesis from Crisis Core (he was a villain, right? Oo). And I guess you could say I like Sephy as well. :I Oh, and of course Zexion from Kingdom Hearts 2. <3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I like almost any villain in Inuyasha besides Naraku. Especially Sesshoumaru and Kagura.

I love Deidara from Naruto!

I'm not sure if they count as villains, but the Zuka club at Lobelia in Ouran High School Host Club.

Jango from One Piece is really the only villain I like in that one...

And, of course, Team Rocket. Mostly Meowth. "Meowth, that's right!"

• 3 weeks later...
Medusa from Soul Eater! She is just awesome and though she doesn't really have a reason for being evil her plans and the way she executes them are so deliciously evil, she is the perfect mix of genius, psycho and nasty!

I enjoy her too (I've cosplayed as her!)

But I think I like the Mizune sisters more. Chu chu!

• 2 years later...

TEAM ROCKET!! They made the show :] japanendingsm.jpg
Jessie: Prepare for trouble!

James: Make it double!

Jessie: To protect the world from devastation!

James: To unite all peoples within our nation!

Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love!

James: To extend our reach to the stars above!

Jessie: Jessie!

James: James!

Jessie: Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!

James: Surrender now, or prepare to fight!

Meowth:Meowth! That's right!

:ph34r: Yes!

• 1 month later...

Izaya Orihara from Durarara!!. He is so weird, and funny, and easy-going. He loves humanity xD who else loves humanity? GOD. what does that mean? Izaya is not a human anymore...

Izaya <3 Glad someone else agrees with me. This particular character is kind of tricky. I know if I was in any of the protagonists shoes in the show I would hate the living daylights out of Izaya. However from an audience standpoint he just makes me laugh and smile with how manipulative he can be! 

Another  one that I can't help but love is Grimmjow Jaggerjack from Bleach. 'nuff said....he is amazing.

They did a very good job of showing intelligence with him. Those guys really like their info brokers, but the way he did things never seemed like he perdicted the unpredictable, or just happened to guess right.

• 1 month later...