OtakuBoards

Ouran High School Host Club

anime_dark

I started reading the manga a few weeks ago and fell in love!
I cannot wait to hear the english voice actor for Haruhi's dad! That's going to be....interesting to say the least. I watched the first 2 episodes of the dubbed version and all I have to say is that I think the voice of Haruhi is dead on. Kyoya was a little hard to get used to but, oh well.
If you haven't watched Ouran High School Host Club...Do it! NOW.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked Ouran, I thought it was great.
I've seen the entire series and I can't wait for the second season we were promised to come out.
I want to see how they intend to develop Haruhi's relationship with the twins and Tamaki.
Should be a good watch, worth the wait as well hopefully.

Guest fuhrerbradley
this is one awesome series the japanese voice acting was brilliant aswell, as far as my knowledge goes there hasn't been any releases of ouran in the uk yet which saddens me, if anyone has any info on any release of it in the uk please tell me

• 4 weeks later...
I've just finished the anime and volume 11 of the manga. The characters are starting to show their true inner selves. I have to admit, each time I read/watch the manga/anime, I couldn't help myself but laughing so hard. I wish there's a second season for the anime (but I guess not).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I just started watching it like yesterday because I thought it was interesting to watch. Right now I just finish watching episode 13 of the Haruhi in Wonderland episode. So far its pretty funny with Tamaki and his weird but funny imagination about Haruhi. I haven't read the manga yet, but soon I will. So far my favorite chracter would be Haruhi and Honey, but mostly Honey because he is adorable and funny when he acts cute.

[quote name='Blitz_Kid']I just started watching it like yesterday because I thought it was interesting to watch. Right now I just finish watching episode 13 of the Haruhi in Wonderland episode. So far its pretty funny with Tamaki and his weird but funny imagination about Haruhi. I haven't read the manga yet, but soon I will. So far my favorite chracter would be Haruhi and Honey, but mostly Honey because he is adorable and funny when he acts cute.[/QUOTE]

Ah, Haruhi in Wonderland was definitely one of my alltime favorite episodes of anime. An example of truly excellent directing and a great way to tie everything that happened in the show so far into a fantasy plot and then even push it further byt showing where the development was headed. Brilliance.

A few days ago, I'd just finish watching this series and I pretty much love it. I gotta save up some money to buy the manga because I'm just too lazy to read it online. Some parts I like are so funny on episode 21 where they did the holloween thing and Honey was [spoiler]where a pumpkin head thing and said "I'm the wolfman".[/spoiler] Thats one of my favorite scene because he got it wrong and its was funny. Another part I like was when Kasanoda discovered[spoiler] Haruhi was a girl.[/spoiler] After that when Kasanoda requested Haruhi, the Hitachin brother make the daddy go sit next to Haruhi and Kasanoda. Then for some reason Tamaki was so funny when he was acting like a robot taht it made me crack up so hard, that it was too funny to watch. Gotta love Tamaki's robot act.
[INDENT][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]I added spoiler tags, please use them so you don't spoil things for people who haven't seen the show yet. ~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

• 3 months later...
hi everyone. This is my first post here so sorry if its come up before, and im sure it has :P

A friend of mine recently showed me Ouran High School Host Club and i must admit, it is unlike any other anime i have ever seen. I love it! *insert various moe noises here*

any other host club fans out there?

• 3 weeks later...
I got to say, 1 of my favorite things about the show is how they act like "commoner" stuff is something you foreign or you learned on the discovery channel.

Tamaki: "I know it's small men but sit down while holding your knees close to your chest, commoners specially developed this technique to conserve space."

This show is hilarious.

Also, a question, how different is the manga from the anime? Does it go on? Does it cover something the anime doesn't? Anything like that?

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]My favorite part of the show aside from the commoner stuff where they act like anything common is a need for research or as Tallgeese said the discovery channel was tTamaki's inner thoughts [spoiler]Like when the Twins had photoshopped Haruhi's head and someone's body and Tamaki was thinking the whole Fancy Tuna thing.[/spoiler]

I really have to go watch that show again, I think I may do it tomorrow while I clean up my room.[/color][/font][/size]

• 2 months later...
you know i just love ouran its a really good show that deserves more props than it gets really i think that alot more people should watch it. i made some awesome amvs lol ahhhh memories but its been a really long time since i have seen anything about a season 2. first its being made next its not then they dont know then there are problems man i wish they would just tell us if it was coming out or not!!!!!

• 1 month later...
[quote name='onigiriroll']I love Ouran!
<<33 Kyouya :)
I actually like all of them^^ But, I started watching Ouran after my friend showed me the intro and then a few months later, I watched it. I waited for the English dub^^ I usually like subbed, but I like Funimation dubs ^^[/quote]

I agree, this show has an excellent dub. If you get the DVDs make sure and watch the voice actors' commentary. Some of it is even funnier than the actual show.

• 2 months later...
man I am so annoyed!! :mad: In march 2010 they are coming out with Ouran high school host club the complete dvd set for like $50 or so (at least at Rightstuf anyway). I would usually be really happy about this, but I asked for season 1 part 1 for xmas already and it cost like $40... If i had known that was gonna happen, I would have waited :0

SIGH. well at least it IS coming out. Complete sets
are nice c:

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"][B]HopefulOTaKu[/B], I've merged your thread with the official Ouran thread we already have, as the discussion is best-suited to be here. :animesmil

Anyway, that tends to happen with anime as of late, at least with Funimation -- they release in two/three/four separate chunks, and then release the entire series. It's frustrating, yeah, but it beats the old days of buying individual DVDs every other month. Ah, fun times...

Which reminds me that I actually need to finish this series to begin with. I made it to about episode 10 when it was fairly new, then I just kinda stopped. And with the entire series [or most of it] on Funi's site and Youtube channel, there's no real excuse for me. xP[/SIZE][/FONT]