OtakuBoards

Fullmetal Alchemist

Guest dark kitsune

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]I have to say best female is Hawkeye. She has skills, is strong, loyal to the end, and takes care of Mustang. Come on she works for a playboy! Give her some credit! She makes her own way in a world ruled by men but she's doing it for the person she swore to protect. She is Mustangs greatest supporter besides the now late Maes Hughes. -why did they kill him? he didn't deserve to die!-

Anyways FMA is probably the most fun and strangely addicting anime I have ever seen. I absolutely love it! I have the manga, mostly for comparison and drawing ideas and I own the DVDs. I can watch FMA over and over cause with each episode we get new revelations about past events and then we have to go back and watch it again just so I can say I get it now.

Flame VS Fulllmetal is probably the funniest episode I have seen though 37 is really close behind. Things are really starting to heat up now. Especially with Rose coming back into the picture and Scar with his plans.

Does anyone out there like Archer? I don't at all. Especially since at the end he shoots at Hawkeye and tries to kill Mustang.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]I totally love FMA because of the fact that there are some things in there that make your heart feel for the characters. Like, if something happens, you can definitely feel remorse for the people involved in it.

Well, I would have to say that my favorite characters are Ed and Al, of course, but I totally love General Havoc, Huges, Riza and of course, Mustang. It's funny to see them all together. Like in one episode, Mustang was just about to fight Scar, but Riza tripped him and shot in his place. After Scar had left, Mustang said, "Why did you trip me?!" and Riza replies, "Because, Sir, you're USELESS in the rain." And Mustang went all depressed and said, "U...useless?!" LOL!! I thought that was so funny!!

My favorite episodes have got to be episode 13, Fullmetal V.S. Flame, because I totally liked the whole show! The fight against Mustang and Ed, when Huges showed his little daughter's picture, when Mustang had an idea that when he becomes boss, all girls will wear mini-skirts and when Riza taught Black Hyate that he shouldn't use the bathroom inside. XDXD That part was so funny!!!

But, my favorite plot was the Shou Tucker and the chimera. That made me cry so hard because I had grown to love Nina when I watched her during the episodes. And also Alexander!! That cute doggie always made me laughed when he jumped Ed. XD

All in all, FMA is, by far, one of the greatest anime shows ever and I hope it's popularity doesn't go down for a long while because Ed and Al totally deserved it. OH, and so does everyone who worked on it. XD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Ningen Hunter][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]
[SPOILER]Does anyone out there like Archer? I don't at all. Especially since at the end he shoots at Hawkeye and tries to kill Mustang.[/SPOILER][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Woah. Spoilers much? Seriously, some people haven't seen the whole series *especially* since not all of it has aired.

Anyway, the show's made it to the point where I just started getting a little frustrated. Up until now, yeah, the story was altered since around the Greed/Dublith arc, but it didn't really bother me. But bringing back [SPOILER]Roze[/SPOILER] was a little too much. I don't like to consider her that much of a character, and bringing her back just gave her too big a role in the plot. I dunno. I guess I'm just not a Lior fan :animesigh

But! The [SPOILER]Sloth[/SPOILER] fight is just around the corner! It can't compare to the moves of the Greed fight, but [SPOILER]just who it is that Ed's fighting, and with Tucker coming back again, and....[/SPOILER] I'm getting ahead of myself XD

Ah but next weekend's episode should be interesting! [SPOILER] I really look forward to how Al handles having Martel die inside his suit. That was unbelievable.

And he thought just having her [I]sit [/I] in there was disgusting. ;_;[/SPOILER]

[QUOTE=CloudsOnly189][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]

Like in one episode, Mustang was just about to fight Scar, but Riza tripped him and shot in his place. After Scar had left, Mustang said, "Why did you trip me?!" and Riza replies, "Because, Sir, you're USELESS in the rain." And Mustang went all depressed and said, "U...useless?!" LOL!! I thought that was so funny!!

My favorite episodes have got to be episode 13, Fullmetal V.S. Flame, because I totally liked the whole show! The fight against Mustang and Ed, when Huges showed his little daughter's picture, when Mustang had an idea that when he becomes boss, all girls will wear mini-skirts and when Riza taught Black Hyate that he shouldn't use the bathroom inside. XDXD That part was so funny!!!
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
I love FMA..especially all of thoughs parts you mentioned.Fullmetal vs Flame...Hilirious :D ..." so how you going to beat him Ed"........"I told ya Al..a fist to his face!"...LOL..that was funny or when there fighting and Mustang gets Ed to reveal himself among the crowd and Mustang lights up the entire crowd sending them all flying up into the air.
I miss Hughes :( [COLOR=Black]He was such a great character...I cant believe they killed him off[/COLOR]
I kind of liked Greed he was the only one that didnt really want Fullmetal dead[COLOR=Black]Too bad Ed had to kill him[/COLOR] :(
Armstrong is so funny especially the episode when the boys get put back together after the event with Scar....he fights them and tosses them around then they gang up on him and send him flying .....with his stars! :D :D XDXD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kai's girl 855
fullmetal alchemist is a very cool show i watch it every saturdays tonight there going to show it . :catgirl: :catgirl: :catgirl: :catgirl: :catgirl: :catgirl: :catgirl: :animeshy:

[QUOTE=Hiko seijuro 14]I love FMA..especially all of thoughs parts you mentioned.Fullmetal vs Flame...Hilirious :D ..." so how you going to beat him Ed"........"I told ya Al..a fist to his face!"...LOL..that was funny or when there fighting and Mustang gets Ed to reveal himself among the crowd and Mustang lights up the entire crowd sending them all flying up into the air.
I miss Hughes :( [COLOR=Black]He was such a great character...I cant believe they killed him off[/COLOR]
I kind of liked Greed he was the only one that didnt really want Fullmetal dead[COLOR=Black]Too bad Ed had to kill him[/COLOR] :(
Armstrong is so funny especially the episode when the boys get put back together after the event with Scar....he fights them and tosses them around then they gang up on him and send him flying .....with his stars! :D :D XDXD[/QUOTE]

I know your new but you should really put spoiler tags on so you dont ruin important events for people. FMA is a pretty good anime I just always seem to miss it.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Does anyone esle here read the manga and watch the anime? I just want to know how you do it...

At first, I read the manga online to catch myself up on missed episodes (the Greed ones, mostly) I got confused...In the manga that learn about the existance of Homunculi from Greed...Man.

There are even some manga-only characters (anyone heard of Ling?) that /i wish were in the anume because it would be awesome to see 'im in animation...

[quote name='lilkid']At the moment on weekdays epoisodes, Al thinks Ful Metal made all his memories and they are all fake, i mean thats just sad.And it makes me angry cause Al is stubborn[/quote]

Using that as a example, in the manga, Winry shouted at Al, "Would someone sacrifice their arm and leg for a fake brother?!?" Then Al realized the error of his thoughts...[/FONT][/COLOR]

3 reasons why I hate this series as a whole.

1. the games suck
2. the show is boring
3. it comes on late at night so along with boring its not worth the sleep your missing

Btw series as a whole means not just the show it means as a whole (games, memorobilia, manga if there is one I really dont care ) so do'nt call me a noob you crazed fanboys.

Hey I've got a question for all of you.

Do any of you know specifically what this symbol means, and please don't say "It's an alchemist symbol." [IMG]http://photobucket.com/albums/v607/Kenshin018/th_FullmetalSymbol.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I'm pretty sure it means "alchemy" in general.
Ooh! Ooh! I read the manga! I love it, and it's different because the drector of the anime made it so it would be that way.
And Kimbly is the... Uh... he blows stuff up...:animeswea (Coulda sworn I knew the answer to that one...)

I love it... One of my favorites... Stay up every Saturday to watch...:catgirl: I miss Hughes and Nina, though.:animecry: Did anyone see that one episode, and Hughes and Envy were in it? (I don't want to say what the sad part is in case no one's seen it yet) It's in volume four of the manga, second half of chapter fifteen and first half of chapter sixteen, starts on page 120 and goes to page 158. [B]MY GOD! I CRIED! [/B]:animecry: [B]I CREID WHEN I SAW IT IN THE ANIME, I CREID MORE WHEN I READ IT IN THE MANGA EVEN THOUGH I KNEW IT WAS COMING, AND I CRIED WHEN I READ IT AGAIN TEN MINUTES LATER!![/B] :animecry: [/COLOR]

[font=Comic Sans MS][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=navy]To answerer some questions I?m pretty sure the reason why Ed, Al, and Izumi wear that symbol is to show that they?ve sinned [spoiler]by trying to perform human alchemy[/spoiler] they explain it in the episode where Ed and Izumi are talking about Dante [spoiler]I think after Ed?s learned that Dante and his father are connected and that Lyra is actually Dante?[/spoiler] ?but the part I don?t get is why Dante wore the symbol too? and Izumi says she was unworthy of wearing it? why was she unworthy?[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=navy]And Kimble is a ?.alchemist who blows stuff up. I think he?s called the Crimson Alchemist. And [spoiler]he was in the Ishbal massacre and put in prison after wars. He was in the prison that got destroyed when Ed and Al visited the 5th laboratory. He then joined Greed?s gang but betrayed him when he meat Archer (evil crazed robotic freak >.<) who offered to let him rejoin the military and drop all the charges that were on him. Continuing past all the episodes that have aired in the US (I think I?m not sure what episode AS is up to?) he then goes the Lore where he meets Al, Scar, and Lust and Scar kills him (and dies in the process, Alphonse turns into a bomb then the stone, and Lust becomes good)?[/spoiler] That?s all that I remember about Kimble and I might not be entirely correct? but yea. Anyways anyone else love saying his name? Zolof J. Kimble? heh.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=navy][quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu']Does anyone esle here read the manga and watch the anime? I just want to know how you do it...[/quote]*Raises hand* I do. I think I finished watching all of the anime before I read the part of the manga where the plot changes...
[QUOTE]There are even some manga-only characters (anyone heard of Ling?) that /i wish were in the anume because it would be awesome to see 'im in animation...
[/QUOTE][/color][/size][/font][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=navy]I love Ling! [spoiler]*Mutters about how evil Father and Greed are.*[/spoiler] I?m guessing you?re reading with the Japanese releases since you know about Ling and the part where the plot changes ? wasn't the last chapter so sad? And which do you prefer, the anime or manga?[/color][/size]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=navy]And now I have a question of my own: What episode are they on on Adult Swim? I've missed a lot with trips and homework and stuff so I have no clue where they are at... the second half of the season is so awesome so I really want to see the dub, but I have no clue what episode they're up to. ...I've got all the episodes saved on Tivo, but I don't remember which episode was the last one I saw... heh.[/color][/size][/font][/font]
[/color][/size][/font][/font]

[quote name='"Tatsubei Yagyu"']Does anyone esle here read the manga and watch the anime? I just want to know how you do it...[/quote]
Actually, the way I read the manga/watched the anime was a little unorganized. I first saw the first 8 episodes in Hong Kong subtitles my freshman year of highschool at anime club. Then, when the anime became temporarily unavailable over the summer, I read the manga up to the Greed arc. Then I saw the anime up to the 5th Lab arc, then read the manga up to the Ling arc finished the anime series and have kept up with the manga ever since. ...phew XD

and you folks who have read the manga, especially the newest chapters really need to go to the FMA manga thread. It's like a ghost town over there and I have no one to talk to about December's chapter XD

[QUOTE="Kotoko_Hikari"]Hey I've got a question for all of you.
[IMG]http://photobucket.com/albums/v607/Kenshin018/th_FullmetalSymbol.jpg[/IMG]

Do any of you know specifically what this symbol means, and please don't say "It's an alchemist symbol." [/QUOTE]

Well, according to [COLOR=RoyalBlue][U][URL=http://www.north101.net/Chara/serpents-cross/index2.php?act=information/background/flamelsymbol/index.com]Serpent's Cross[/URL][/U][/COLOR], the flamel has some interesting symbol's in it. I'm not sure if that is entirely correct, but I still find it pretty interesting.

btw, this thread is getting really...spammy/pointless. It's great if you've seen a bit of the anime and read some of the manga, but really, bring up something we can actually [B]discuss[/B]. It's more fun that way.

Hello everyone this is my first ever post on OB so excuse me if I say something stupid. As you can tell from my name I'm a huge fan of Fullmetal Alchemist and I have seen every episode in Japanese.

I am currently collecting the English DVD's and the Manga, I think the new DVD and Manga are out on the same day, January 10th so I can't wait for that.

Anyway I was just wondering if anybody else has pre-ordered the Fullmetal Alchemist movie, which is out in Japan on January 25th I believe.

[QUOTE=Kotoko_Hikari]Hey I've got a question for all of you.

Do any of you know specifically what this symbol means, and please don't say "It's an alchemist symbol." [IMG]http://photobucket.com/albums/v607/Kenshin018/th_FullmetalSymbol.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

You have a question and I have an answer. The Delis Serpitum or Serpent's Cross symbolizes the balance of power. The serpent represents the holder of power. The cross represents the source of power. They are shown intertwined to represent the balance between the two. The symbol was crafted in 300 B.C. by Leptius Sorcrae, the founder of alchemy and author of the [I]Magnus Opus[/I] and the [I]Serum Escliae[/I]. Your question's been answered.

~ Tyler

[quote name='Mage17']I was watching the show last night and they had a new opening song ans clip along with the ending scene, also they dont give out infor on the next episode, is this season 3 or something??[/quote]

So, according to the A-S schedule, the episode from last night was #42. That means that the show's in its final stretch and the ending you saw is the fourth (and last) one. It's also my favorite ending ^^

If you wanted to know what the song was, it's "I Will," by Sowelu.

I'm not sure why they didn't show a trailer for next week's episode. Did they do the same thing in the original? I can't remember since it's been over a year :animestun
I don't remember things getting [I]too [/I] spoilery at this point in the show...

I love Fullmetal Alchemist. I have benn researching alchemy. FMA is actually very interesting. I have found out that alchmy was used to turn metal to fools gold. Like the episode. But it would last more longer. But the bottom line EDWARD and ROY ROCK!!! I own one of the movies! I pretty sure it the first movie.