OtakuBoards

Fullmetal Alchemist

Guest dark kitsune

That's the fifth ending song, right? In that case, it should be "I Will" by Sowelu (according to the ANN encyclopedia).

Last night's episode sealed it for real: Envy is my favorite Homunculus. His voice actress totally stole the show, as far as I'm concerned. I appreciated her work from the moment she came in, but in the most recent episode, she really managed to sound just like a Japanese seiyuu in terms of how she embodied the character, despite considerations of gender. (I don't mean Envy's seiyuu in particular; I mean female seiyuu who voice not-young-boy male characters in general.) [spoiler]The screaming and the ground-pummeling were just awesome. [/spoiler]

Speaking of the others, [spoiler]Lust won major points with me for proving herself to be the eternal rebel...[/spoiler]

And in yet other news, I like Sloth's new dress. :animeshy:

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger']Since when did they start using the new OP? It's very slick-looking; I was pleasantly surprised to see it, since they kept saying they'd use Ready Steady Go for the whole series. [/quote]

[size=1]They had the new opening about 5 episodes, I think. I really like this new opening. I found the song a while ago, I didn't think it'd be one of the openings for FMA!.

Lust's rebellious actions make her one of my favorites. And Envy's actions, so.. strong. :animestun

Only a couple of episodes left until this series finishes in the US! :animedepr [/size]

Guest inuyashagirl_69
who do you think would make the hottest couple of the shows

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][INDENT]inuyashagirl_69, welcome to Otakuboards. Since this is a conversation based board posts with poor quality and content are emphasized. Posts like this, especially off topic ones, are considered spam since they do not progress the conversation. Please take a look at our rules before continuing to post. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other Moderators. -Arvi[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ramen_Mido]The new opening is great. I love the song I must have listned to it 100 times. The animation looks great to.

Yesterdays episode was great but is Wrath [spoiler] really dead I mean it happened so fast[/spoiler].[/QUOTE]
For the moment, I'm going to bet [spoiler]that he isn't. After all, both Lust and Envy have survived much worse. They'd probably make a much bigger deal of it if he really were supposed to be dead.[/spoiler]

Having finally watched volume 7, I can say that I also love the third OP sequence (and the song which accompanies it, to boot).

[quote name='inuyashagirl_69']who do you think would make the hottest couple of the shows[/quote]
No one. That's one of the reasons, along with spoiler paranoia, that I haven't gotten into the FMA fan scene. None of the possible pairings draw me in on anything beyond an aesthetic level. Honestly, I think making some of the relationships romantic would cheapen them and shortchange their complexity. *shrugs*

I guess I'd back Mustang/Hawkeye, but not with much enthusiasm. I like them just fine as co-workers. I really dislike the idea of either Elric/Winry. The brother-sister thing they have going is a lot less simplistic and a lot more appealing. No real room for yuri unless you throw in Winry/Sciezka, haha, and the BL stuff out there is a) intensely incestuous or b) not that thrilling (again, in my opinion).

That said, I'd root for crazy, sadistic Envy x anyone at all. Throw any of the Homunculi in there, and you'd have an awesomely dysfunctional couple. Mm, Lust/Ed... ;)

I read a hysterical (in a good way) Ed/Sciezka fic some time ago. In it, she got him in the mood by reciting passages from alchemy texts... :animesmil

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger]For the moment, I'm going to bet [spoiler]that he isn't. After all, both Lust and Envy have survived much worse. They'd probably make a much bigger deal of it if he really were supposed to be dead.[/spoiler']~Dagger~[/quote]

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It would have been a whole ordeal if it actually happened.

With only a few episode and from the look of it this series is going to end with a bang ;) .

I watched Full Metal Alchemist for the first time last week, whilst on my laptop and not paying attention. The result was a mish mash of misheard dialogue, dodgy misconceptions and a storyline I'm pretty sure I made up.

Don't take offence to this - I know I didn't.

[U]FMA Random Episode[/U] [COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1](note from r2vq - this will spoil Episode 12 of the series)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[spoiler]The introduction was scarily like Pokemon, I actually thought it [i]was[/i] Pokemon until I heard the theme tune (which was surprisingly catchy - I liked it). Slightly dissapointed because I wouldn't get a dose of the gayboy, his rat and his companions the ginger girl and lecherous teen, I decided to look away and play with HTML on my laptop.

Enter scene with three people in a room and a gargantuan robot. As far as I know, they seem to be running away from someone. Whilst they panic a little boy grows a random giant tree to block the door. Drool starts to fall out of my mouth as I wonder why would they need to run away from anyone when this kid seems to be the King of the Ents. Then I loose interest...

Something happens, then something else happens. Then I'm sure someone dies, and the blonde guy with the cool red coat decides to ditch his friends and run off with the giant robot. Tosser.

Later I find that the robot actually speaks, and in the voice of a young boy or Michael Jackson - I couldn't quite place my finger on it. This conversation takes place in another tree, another Lord of the Rings moment. I expected the tree to walk along and for the blonde guy to have an Irish accent (which would have been more appropriate seeing as FMA is meant to take place in Europe... I think...)

I like Irish accents.

I then overhear something about placenta's and then red water. This catches my attention for a short while (purely out of disgust) and as far as I know a fat man explains how they distill placenta's into red water which is some sort of life substance with the potency of gun powder.

The story is taking a turn, now the man has a gun that runs on periods and theres not one tampon to be seen (or woman... except for some kinky dominatrix that resides in a cave where the red water flows... I don't want to know what that was about).

The period gun is destroyed eventually and they try to kill the fat man - but to no avail. He escapes though a very convenient trap door. Or something like that.

More red water scenes. More red water... ah yes, then the dam that held the red water breaks (I wasn't aware there was a dam....) and the Ent King makes the trees absorb it. Ew.

End of the episode... it felt like 10 minutes was dedicated to saying goodbye and cathing a train as well as the Ent King and his older brother musing about their flawed father... who did something so terrible I can't remember.[/spoiler]

[u][b]THE END[/u][/b]

I'm sure this is more amusing to those of you who watched the episode. Please don't try to explain it to me, I'd rather live in blissful ignorance.

Wow... What's really scary is that I actually know what episode you are talking about. Next time you watch a show like FMA, I suggest you pay attention to the episode. FMA is a really good series, and does not deserve this unfortunate (not to mention disturbing) spin on it. Although it was pretty funny.

Seriously, though. Although you had a few thing right, (and when i say few, I mean very VERY few) most of what you heard was entirely wrong or something they said taken EXTREMELY out of context. This show is not as disturbing as you think. Once they restart airing the show from the beginning, give it a try. I think you'll like it.

As for you, Mido, lighten up a little. It was meant to be funny, not to ruin a perfectly good series. Like he said, he wasn't listening, not to mention it was his first time watching, so it's perfectly understandable that he would confuse some of the series for something it's not. I've done it before. Do you know what it's like turning on Lupin III for the first time and seeing a guy in a room of topless girls? :animeswea

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You just turned my already wonderful Valentines day into something that was so funny I almost died of laughter. For that I give props to you. These are the things...which almost made me die of laughter

[QUOTE=Shi no Tenshi]

The introduction was scarily like Pokemon, I actually thought it [i]was[/i] Pokemon until I heard the theme tune (which was surprisingly catchy - I liked it). Slightly dissapointed because I wouldn't get a dose of the gayboy, his rat and his companions the ginger girl and lecherous teen.[/quote]

Pokemon? Ha I guess if you do see it right it can be slightly like pokemon...Not that I know what pokemon really sounds like.

[QUOTE=Shi no Tenshi]Later I find that the robot actually speaks, and in the voice of a young boy or Michael Jackson - I couldn't quite place my finger on it. This conversation takes place in another tree, another Lord of the Rings moment. I expected the tree to walk along and for the blonde guy to have an Irish accent (which would have been more appropriate seeing as FMA is meant to take place in Europe... I think...)

I like Irish accents.[/quote]

Yeah I think it really does take place in Europe or something. I would however be very afraid if the "Giant Robot" Really did have Michael Jackson inside of it. Then I bet Ed would get a suprise while he was asleep. But ... Just imagining Ed with an Irish accent makes me want to slay someone out of laughter

[QUOTE=Shi no Tenshi]The story is taking a turn, now the man has a gun that runs on periods and theres not one tampon to be seen (or woman... except for some kinky dominatrix that resides in a cave where the red water flows... I don't want to know what that was about).

[spoiler]The period gun is destroyed eventually and they try to kill the fat man - but to no avail. He escapes though a very convenient trap door. Or something like that.[/spoiler][/quote]

xD Thats all I have to say though, A gun run on periods, I really don't want to know how you came to that conclusion yet I have to say, Its one of the funniest things I have heard all through this post, The only thing coming close is the michael jackson sounding robot

Well besides you getting off the topic almost horribly atleast you got some of the major points in the story. Even though they were also way off it was still very funny though. However hey, how you see FMA is how you see FMA... I wish I was able to see it your way though... [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Ok [/COLOR] [COLOR=DarkRed]no[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy]...watch it from the beginning. Don't judge an anime by an episode you happened to watch when it wasn't even NEAR the beginning. Of course it's confusing, and you have gone and dissed a brilliant anime. Great job. This thread needs to be closed...like now.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Yes, Fullmetal takes place in Germany, I think. (I have time to muse over why, but I won't go into that.) And your post was fairly amusing, but at the same time, disturbing... :animedepr
One of the disturbing parts being that I know which episode you're talking about- watched it last night during dinner over pizza and root beer. Yay, root beer! :catgirl: Anyway... I got a book on the art of Fullmetal and there was a picture of Al (the "robot") and the artist's comment was "Little kids still come up to me and say, 'Al's a robot.'" I can see how you can make that assumtion, though. First time I heard of it, me and my friend were talking on the phone while she watched TV and she says, "Hey, I'm watching this anime on Adult Swim and there's this kid and his leg is cut off or something and there's a big suit of armor with the voice of a little kid."
I find the show rather addicting, though. My mom does, as well. :animesmil[/COLOR]

Heh, for those of you that got upset, I'm not dissing the show. Like I said, it's the first time I watched it and I wasn't paying attention - I don't doubt it when you say it's good. I don't know, I've never really watched it properly haha.

Yeah now I know the gimmick with the robot, half of it doesn't seem so confusing... sort of *lol*. It explains why he was yelling 'BROTHER!' half the time (what is it with blood related anime characters yelling out BROTHER or SISTER to gain their attention? come on, he has a name... even if I never caught it XD)

I'm glad I made some of you laugh, I couldn't leave something so delightfully strange go to waste. I may watch it, I may not. I'll have to see if they repeat the series, the concept of Alchemy is actually something that intrests me.

And for the record I'm a she ;D

[quote name='Shi no Tenshi'](what is it with blood related anime characters yelling out BROTHER or SISTER to gain their attention? come on, he has a name... even if I never caught it XD)[/quote]
This is a cultural thing. In Japan (and in other quite a few other Asian countries), siblings call one another "Brother" or "Sister." That tends to carry over even when the show is set elsewhere. Translating it that way in English may sound strange, but I also believe that good VAs can pull it off. It does irritate me a bit when subtitle tracks replace "onii-san" or whatever with the character's name, though.

~Dagger~

Guest morbid cris
well, i love that anime. along with ghost in the shell: stand alone complex. there are many others that i would say, but it would take too long to write down. :animesmil

[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]morbid cris, welcome to Otakuboards. Please note that this is a conversation based forum, posts low on quality and content are very discouraged. In the future please make sure to include enough content to continue the conversation. If you're not in the mood to take the time to do this, it's best not to post. ^^ Also, please take a look at our rules before contiuing to post. Thanks, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other mods. -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

This is a real good anime. I haven't seen all the episodes, but I have seen a lot of the first season and a few of the second season.

[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]TheRebel_Nikolas, Please note that this is a conversation based forum, posts low on quality and content are very discouraged. In the future please make sure to include enough content to continue the conversation. If you're not in the mood to take the time to do this, it's best not to post. ^^ Also, please take a look at our rules before contiuing to post. Thanks, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other mods. -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

[quote name='Shi no Tenshi']I watched Full Metal Alchemist for the first time last week, whilst on my laptop and not paying attention. The result was a mish mash of misheard dialogue, dodgy misconceptions and a storyline I'm pretty sure I made up.[/quote]

HAHAHA. I loved it. That was terribly creative and amazingly funny. I had to merge your thread with the Official FMA Thread (remember one Anime-specific Thread per Anime) but it definately gave me a laugh for the rest of the day.

On a different note.
The local HMV was having a sale on DVDs and I was able to obtain the first four volumes of Full Metal Alchemist for $15CDN each! (That's $12.96 American) Happy days! If only all Anime were this cheap!

-Arvi

[QUOTE=r2vq]
On a different note.
The local HMV was having a sale on DVDs and I was able to obtain the first four volumes of Full Metal Alchemist for $15CDN each! (That's $12.96 American) Happy days! If only all Anime were this cheap![/QUOTE]
That [i]is[/i] a good deal! :animenose

So I ordered the [url=http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ANZB-2001][u]LE movie set[/u][/url] from CD Japan, and it arrived a few days ago (hooray for EMS!). I'd take pictures, but my camera is having a breakdown. Either way, I think there's a good chance that Funi will mirror this type of release, and for a much lower cost, when they bring the movie to region 1.

*can't wait for tonight's episode*

~Dagger~

Guest strawberryPocky
[QUOTE=dark kitsune]I'm wondering if any of you watch it. I just finished watching episode 7 and damned if it didn't make me cry....

So anybody into this particular anime as much as me? From what I've seen so far this anime is incredible. The character development, plot and artwork are great.

If you haven't seen it yet...then get busy![/QUOTE]
yes i love the show i watch it on adult swim every saturday :catgirl: And i almost fainted when i found out i could down load all the episodes however after the days off downloading and i could watch
the fist episode it turned out to be in japenese :bawl: i died a little that day it sucks with NO sub titles :mad:

----

I sugest fulmetal alchemist to ne1 but if you've alredy seen it why is Berreta afaid of the cute puppy :rolleyes:

[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]StrawberryPocky, Welcome to Otakuboards. I merged the two of your posts together because double posting is not permitted. Also, please note that proper grammar and spelling is emphasized since this is a conversation based board. Please make sure to read the rules before continuing. Thanks, -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

Guest Edison Chen14
[QUOTE=dark kitsune]I'm wondering if any of you watch it. I just finished watching episode 7 and damned if it didn't make me cry....

So anybody into this particular anime as much as me? From what I've seen so far this anime is incredible. The character development, plot and artwork are great.

If you haven't seen it yet...then get busy![/QUOTE]
Well Have you decied yet who's your favorite character? My favorite is Roy Mustang and Jork kimblee their so hott.

[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Edison Chen14,
Welcome to Otakuboards! Please remember that this is a conversation based board, so sufficient content and proper coherency is emphasized. If you are going to talk about your favourite characters, try to post the reasons behind your choices. Finally, if you're going to quote a message, it's best to quote only the section that directly relates to your post. Having too many long quotes can clog up the board, and a quote longer that is than your post shows that your post content may be little sad.
Please take a look at our rules before continuing. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators. Thanks - Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

FMA was amazing the other night with the whole battle aganist [spoiler] Sloth[/spoiler]. It was very well done the action just didnt stop.

I wonder if Ed is going to face off aganist [spoiler] Lust they seem to have a temporary alliance[/spoiler] I wonder how long that will last before they tear each others throats out.

[QUOTE=Ramen_Mido]
I wonder if Ed is going to face off aganist [spoiler] Lust they seem to have a temporary alliance[/spoiler] I wonder how long that will last before they tear each others throats out.[/QUOTE]
I thought that [spoiler]Lust died last night.[/spoiler]

Anyway, there are few things cooler than a [spoiler]Homunculus versus Homunculus battle. Although if Lust really is dead, that'll put a serious dent in any fondness I had for Wrath. He and Envy seem to harbor a similar hatred for the Elric brothers, except that Envy manages to be much less annoying about it. I guess that's Wrath's youth working against him.[/spoiler]

Four episodes left!

~Dagger~