OtakuBoards

Fullmetal Alchemist

Guest dark kitsune

[quote name='Dagger]I thought that [spoiler']Lust died last night.[/spoiler][/quote]

[size=1]Mhmm, I think she did. Because [spoiler]Wrath threw the locket at her when she was in the circle that [b][i]she[/b][/i] happened to carve deep. I think that was ironic. And she started coughing up the red stones, and Wrath transformed his hand into a blade.[/spoiler]

This series is amazing! I'm kind of sad that there are only a few episodes left. I wonder when the dubbed version of the movie will come out...? :D [/size]

[quote name='Ramen_Mido]I really hope that Lust isnt [spoiler]dead. I really wanted Ed to have a final finishing battle with her. There was always this strong hatred back and forth between the two[/spoiler']. I hope we get one last battle in.[/quote]
Read the manga. She really [SPOILER]goes out with a bang. Not with Ed per say, but the hate between her and this guy is much cooler. Actually, those few last chapters with lust still stand as my very favorite. I only wish that could've been animated.[/SPOILER]

I suppose they sort of compensated for it in the anime with [SPOILER]the Roy vs. Pride fight, but I would've loved to see his fight with Lust animated.[/SPOILER]

I really didn't detect too much hate between Ed and Lust. At least, not significantly more than the other sins. I think that hate goes to Envy :animesmil

[QUOTE=Lindus]Read the manga. She really [SPOILER]goes out with a bang. Not with Ed per say, but the hate between her and this guy is much cooler. Actually, those few last chapters with lust still stand as my very favorite. I only wish that could've been animated.[/SPOILER]

I suppose they sort of compensated for it in the anime with [SPOILER]the Roy vs. Pride fight, but I would've loved to see his fight with Lust animated.[/SPOILER]

I really didn't detect too much hate between Ed and Lust. At least, not significantly more than the other sins. I think that hate goes to Envy :animesmil[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Mhmm, the battle between [spoiler]Lust and Roy[/spoiler] is amazing. So intense. Although, I enjoy the anime better than the manga. Some scenes I wish they had in the anime, but even though they left some characters and extra plots out, the anime follows the manga well. I think.[/size]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Lindus]Read the manga. She really [SPOILER']goes out with a bang. Not with Ed per say, but the hate between her and this guy is much cooler. Actually, those few last chapters with lust still stand as my very favorite. I only wish that could've been animated.[/SPOILER][/quote]

*Explodes* I READ THAT! It was the coolest thing ever...That part was nerve-racking... I have to sad, for some reason, the manga feels more intense to me... I don't know why. :animestun [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='hey_love][size=1'] Although, I enjoy the anime better than the manga. Some scenes I wish they had in the anime, but even though they left some characters and extra plots out, the anime follows the manga well. I think.[/size][/quote]
True, true. I myself favor the manga, but some parts of the anime in the latter half of the series (when it takes a different turn than the manga) are just really exciting for me. :animesmil

[QUOTE]*Explodes* I READ THAT! It was the coolest thing ever...That part was nerve-racking... I have to sad, for some reason, the manga feels more intense to me... I don't know why. [/QUOTE]
Wasn't it? And [SPOILER]Havoc[/SPOILER] is my favorite character so I was practically crying while reading the chapters. I really loved how the characters turned out at that point. Lust seemed so much cooler and more evil compared to the anime Lust, who turned out to be a little deeper than I was expecting. I guess that's one reason I like both the anime and manga for fma. They're different at points, but both sides are enjoyable in different ways.

[quote name='Lindus]Wasn't it? And [SPOILER]Havoc[/SPOILER'] is my favorite character so I was practically crying while reading the chapters. I really loved how the characters turned out at that point. Lust seemed so much cooler and more evil compared to the anime Lust, who turned out to be a little deeper than I was expecting. I guess that's one reason I like both the anime and manga for fma. They're different at points, but both sides are enjoyable in different ways.[/quote]

[size=1]Mhmm. The part with [spoiler]Havoc getting injured[/spoiler] and the aftermath and whatnot was rather sad. I also like how the anime and manga shows the two points and of a person's charcter. Lust does seem much more vicious and violent in the manga, and in the anime, she's more deep about her thoughts on what she wants and why. I haven't read the recent chapters yet, but I will as soon as I have the time. Whenever that is. :D

-is jumpy- I'm excited for the rest of the episodes to air on adult swim. [/size]

[QUOTE=hey_love][size=1]Mhmm. The part with [spoiler]Havoc getting injured[/spoiler] and the aftermath and whatnot was rather sad. I also like how the anime and manga shows the two points and of a person's charcter. Lust does seem much more vicious and violent in the manga, and in the anime, she's more deep about her thoughts on what she wants and why. I haven't read the recent chapters yet, but I will as soon as I have the time. Whenever that is. :D

-is jumpy- I'm excited for the rest of the episodes to air on adult swim. [/size][/QUOTE]

I think part of that is because of the acting. The VA for lust seems to make the character quite wistful at times. I've gotta go back and listen to it in Japanese to get a better comparison.

I'm really looking forward to the last few episodes as well. It's going to be neat to see people's reactions. Plus! Bradley's son is absolutely adorable. XD

[QUOTE]I think part of that is because of the acting. The VA for lust seems to make the character quite wistful at times. I've gotta go back and listen to it in Japanese to get a better comparison.[/QUOTE]

I also think that. I really like Lust's English VA for this reason. When I first saw fma, it was subbed, and while I think the Japanese Lust did a nice job with the first portion, I grew really disappointed by the time [spoiler]of her demise[/spoiler]. I suppose she just didn't deliver it for me personally. The second time around though, with the English va, is much more enjoyable for me. I think she did a great job.

I would just like to say, i absolutely love this anime/manga, it's serious when it needs to be, and very funny in other parts. I especially like Hughes, he's awesome [spoiler] well, was awesome, still don't get why they killed him off, it makes me so angry lol[/spoiler] at the moment i have watched to the end of episode 30 and I cant wait for more. [spoiler] I find it wierd how Wrath has got Ed's Right arm and Left leg, im sure i'll find out why soon enough, but then wierd is Awesome in anime, and FMA has plenty of it[/spoiler] It's such a great concept, and is well thought out. I am planning on buying every single episode of FMA on dvd as they come out, and the film. [spoiler] I sit up every night rocking back and forth in the corner biting my nails, wondering and wether Ed and Al will get their original bodies back[/spoiler]

[quote name='FullMetalHughes]I would just like to say, i absolutely love this anime/manga, it's serious when it needs to be, and very funny in other parts. I especially like Hughes, he's awesome [spoiler] well, was awesome, still don't get why they killed him off, it makes me so angry lol[/spoiler] at the moment i have watched to the end of episode 30 and I cant wait for more. [spoiler] I find it wierd how Wrath has got Ed's Right arm and Left leg, im sure i'll find out why soon enough, but then wierd is Awesome in anime, and FMA has plenty of it[/spoiler] It's such a great concept, and is well thought out. I am planning on buying every single episode of FMA on dvd as they come out, and the film. [spoiler'] I sit up every night rocking back and forth in the corner biting my nails, wondering and wether Ed and Al will get their original bodies back[/spoiler][/quote]

[size=1]Well, [spoiler]Hughes' death[/spoiler] is a major drive on some of the character's actions. With that happening, it starts linking some of the plotline together in the story, weaving every connection and securing it. [spoiler]His death[/spoiler] is brought up multiple times throughout the series, you'll see when you water the later episodes. :)[/size]

[quote name='hey_love][size=1]Well, [spoiler]Hughes' death[/spoiler] is a major drive on some of the character's actions. With that happening, it starts linking some of the plotline together in the story, weaving every connection and securing it. [spoiler]His death[/spoiler'] is brought up multiple times throughout the series, you'll see when you water the later episodes. :)[/size][/quote]

Yeah, I suppose i will, but they had better Justify [spoiler] Killing him off[/spoiler] lol. Cant wait to see the rest

I LOVE FMA! I've been watching it ever since it started on CN. I can't wait for the movie to come out. I've seen trailers for it on a japanese FMA website that a friend of mine sent me. The name of the movie is Fullmetal Alchemist: The conquerer of Shambala. It looks really good. It takes place two years after the series, and somehow Ed ends up on Earth and finds himself in WW1 Germany. There he becomes a rocket scientist, and his partner looks exactly like Al. Check it out.

Guest AniManga90
I have been wondering about something for a while now and even though I ask I think that I already know the answer and that I am just hoping for someone to prove me wrong. What I want to know is what exaclty happened to [spoiler] Rose and how did she end up with a child?[/spoiler] Like I said I am pretty sure I know the answer but it really makes me feel bad and I am just hoping to be wrong at this point.

I hate to burst your bubble, but in episode 40 something Scar tells Edward that [spoiler]that she was carried to a base by soldiers and that when she returned, the experience had been so traumatic that she couldn't speak, definately suggesting rape.[/spoiler]

Guest animegurlz
but i don't like the ending of the movie so much..
why must [spoiler]ed and al live at munich??[/spoiler]<-- is that true?? i hv see the movie long ago. not remember too much
its okey when ed n al live together
:animesmil :animesmil :animesmil

[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]animegurlz, I added spoiler tags to your post. Please remember when posting that whether it is a movie or series that you're talking about, not everyone is as caught up with you yet. If you post plot elements like you did without spoiler tags you may ruin (or spoil) the series (or movie) for somebody reading your post. For more info on spoiler tags [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46199]click here[/URL]. -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

[QUOTE=animegurlz]but i don't like the ending of the movie so much..
why must [spoiler]ed and al live at munich??[/spoiler]<-- is that true?? i hv see the movie long ago. not remember too much
its okey when ed n al live together
:animesmil :animesmil :animesmil[/QUOTE]

Hmm....actually it's fine for me to have them [spoiler]live together on a world unknown to them[/spoiler]. That means a lot more adventure to wait for right?
:catgirl:

Guest Stafal-chan
Al really tends to get on my nerves... he annoys me to no end [spoiler]like when Ed was teamed up with Lust and trying to kill Sltoh it's all Al's fault that things get screwed up... :animecry: then Lust dies and she was cool!![/spoiler]

Edit: YAAAY i finally did the spoiler tags right!!!( on most of my posts where i tried doing spoiler tags they never worked!)

Does anyone out there like the show as mush as me and also how does all of this look... :animeswea

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][INDENT]Lonley Fighter, I merged your thread with the Official Fullmetal Alchemist thread. Please note that if you only want to talk about one specific Anime that we would prefer you use the "Official" thread, no matter how old it is. You can use the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][B]Official Threads Directory[/B][/URL] to find these threads.

Also, please familiarize yourself with the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?][b]rules[/b][/URL] before continuing to post. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators.

-Arvi[/INDENT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

*spews incoherent gibberish*

Okay, now that I've worked that out of my system, I must say that #50 was breathtaking. I was apprehensive about how [spoiler]the connection between our world and Ed's world would play out,[/spoiler] but when I actually saw it, I unreservedly loved how that was handled. Simply amazing. The music which played during the [spoiler]British[/spoiler] scenes was excellent; I really hope it's included on one of the later OSTs. It was so good that it was almost distracting, to be honest.

My favorite part was of course everything dealing with Envy-sama and [spoiler]his real identity; it was no secret, naturally, but the way he taunted Edward was riveting anyway.[/spoiler] I'm curious about how [spoiler]he chose the face and body he used throughout most of the show--did he just make it up or something?[/spoiler]

I also felt that the already awesome voice acting went to a whole different level this time around.

~Dagger~

I have to agree on the voice acting. I tuned in tonight to see just how they would do the episode, and I really enjoyed it. It was like watching it for the first time again, except for, you know, the end of the episode. Reactions to that can't be the same way twice, you know?

I really adored Envy's acting in this episode. I thought he did a wonderful job. As did Ed. Oh! And Selim! He's not major, but I love how good a job he did considering his minor status.

[quote name='Dagger][SPOILER]I'm curious about how he chose the face and body he used throughout most of the show--did he just make it up or something?[/SPOILER'] [/quote][SPOILER] I had always assumed that he tried to look like a very young Hohenheim (very similar to one, anyway). He [I]really [/I] looks like his son. Or perhaps Dante described him to Envy a bit?[/SPOILER]

Definitely looking forward to next week!

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Hey, did envy even appear on FMA movie? Cause I only watched the movie once (which might be the reason I didn't saw him :animeblus) and I didn't saw him even once.....:shifty:

There's just his sound echoing out of nowhere....but where is he?[/FONT]

[quote name='Raphael][FONT=Palatino Linotype']Hey, did envy even appear on FMA movie?[/FONT][/quote]
Movie Spoilers. [spoiler]Envy was definately in the movie. At the end of the series he turns into a dragon and flies through the gate. Since he can't seem to transform in the world he was transported to, he's stuck as that dragon throughout the film.

It's the dragon that Edward fought in the tower.
It's the same dragon that is surrounding the gate Edward used to go back and forth in our worlds.[/spoiler]

Last night episode was pretty good they explained the whole [spoiler] door to both worlds and the truth about eqvilent exchange[/spoiler].Which took me by surprise. I was also glad to see Rose show some emotion. My only complaint was [spoiler] fight between Envy and Edl[/spoiler] it was a huge letdown I did however enjoy Envy [spoiler] changing faces to make Ed feel guilty . And the ending was great with Ed [spoiler] getting brtualized by Envy[/spoiler] I really want to see next weeks episode now.